[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who don't want the next Pokemon to come out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: pil92gradotx.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pil92gradotx.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
People who don't want the next Pokemon to come out on the Switch... WHY?
>>
anyone who doesn't are just poorfags who don't want to shell out money for a new console and they're the same type of people who complained when XY weren't on the DS
>>
File: 1464205323583.png (1MB, 1023x745px) Image search: [Google]
1464205323583.png
1MB, 1023x745px
>buying a switch
>supporting Ninty's shitty practices
>>
>>31112461
I don't want to be disappointed when it's barely better on a technical level than the 3DS games.
>>
>>31112461
I'm not buying it. I still need to get a PS4 to play Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>31112640
This
>nintys first party titles all make an attempt to look nicer
>pokemon comes out looking like a wii game
>>
I'll be getting the switch regardless but I don't like the idea of Pokemon moving away from dual screens
>>
Okay. Here are some of my reasons.
1. The battery life on the switch when it's off the console part is rumored to be 4 hours tops.
That's not okay for portable gaming which is what pokemon thrives on.

2. The tablet size.
I cant throw this in my pocket and bring it with me. It's too wide and too long. Possibly too thick. Which means if I wanna take it with me I'd need a backpack/bag/carry case to put it and the joystick bits in.

3. Install base
One thing that's great about pokemon is that it's accessible through cheaper hardware so pokemon helps sell handhelds and the fact it's on a handheld helps sell pokemon.
The switch won't have DS numbers.
It won't have 3DS numbers.
And that means less people to trade/battle/all that stuff with.

4. Backwards compatibility and pokebank.
Unless they pull a R/S (and trust me that's the last thing pokemon needs right now.) Transferring pokemon will be a pain in the ass.
First pokebank will have to become compatible with the switch, Please Understand.
Then you'd have to pay for pokebank on two systems because Nintendo has yet to have a system to keep track of purchases across platforms.
>>
>>31112746
>I'll be getting the DS regardless but I don't like the idea of Pokemon moving away from one screen
>>
>>31112759
said no one ever?

Pokemon has shown to work fantastically with 2 screens so going backwards would be a downgrade
>>
>>31112800
Most people are way too young to remember it but everyone hated dual screen back in 2003
>>
>>31112800
they never did anything with 2 screens except slightly more convenient menu navigation. 2 screens is hardly essential to the gameplay.
>>
>>31112752
PokeTransfer
>>
>>31112461
Depending on just how portable the thing is, it clashes with Pokemon's design. Since day one, Pokemon has been a thing you put in your pocket, play for fifteen minutes at breaks during the day, then maybe sit down one day a week for and devote yourself to it. If the switch is only pretend portable, it is gonna mean Pokemon isn't for roadtrips anymore.
>>
>>31112461
I just bought a capture card 3DS for my shitty YouTube channel and I don't want to have wasted my money.
>>
>>31112461
See
>>31112752
Also that's me personally but I'm not a console guy, I only have handhelds and a PC. I don't like the idea of having to buy the whole thing if I'm only gonna use the tablet. I just wish there will be an option to only buy the tablet
>>
>>31113457
The dock is designed to cost <$20 you damn chissler
>>
>>31113471
Sorry if I dont follow every news and detail about the switch, gee. At least that's good news
>>
Because I need to buy two fucking consoles for me and my spouse, and it's going to be priced at home console price (so $400 probably) vs the $200 I pay for a 3ds. I am not sharing something I play pokemon on.

Also shitty battery life. Wow, 3 hours. Perfect for a portable console. Am I right?

At least I can shove the damn thing in my big ass purse (probably), but my husband is fucked.

Seriously, it's utter shit for portable gaming. I could get past the price if it wasn't for these other issues. But... I can't. Yet I will still buy it and be salty as fuck over it.

>>31112651
>tfw I finally bought a PS4 for Steins;Gate 0

>>31113413
You can at least use a generic capture card for the Switch since it'll hook up to the TV. So it'll be cheaper than what you spent on the 3ds one. Plus, you can still do things on the 3ds for your channel that aren't on the switch, or whatever.
>>
>>31113515
>Yet I will still buy it
classic

ninties strategy of using strong IP to rope people into shit hardware is perfect.
>>
No Monster Hunter on Switch, no buy
>>
>>31113515
Pretty much this, although I'm still not convinced about buying it.

Buying 2 home consoles so I can play with my roommates is just shitty.
>>
File: 1435619235102.jpg (71KB, 501x540px) Image search: [Google]
1435619235102.jpg
71KB, 501x540px
>>31113618
>tfw I bought a Wii U for Monster Hunter using the same principle
>>
>>31113284
Dual screens is what allows handheld games to have great touch screen functionality without sacrificing the main screen like a shitty mobile game would
>>
>>31113567
>meanwhile most of the competition's shit is just mediocre slop that looks nice

This shit hurts, man
>>
>>31113802
>great touch functionality

but that's the thing, they never actually did anything meaningful with it

literally all it is is easy menu navigation which is just as easily done with the switch's touch screen.
>>
>>31112752
O3DS had a battery life almost as short as that. N3DS is barely 5.5 hours.
>>
>>31112461
Because i want my pokemon on a comfy, practical and portable handheld, not some big clunky tv console
>>
>>31112752
Purchases are tied to NNIDs you dum dum.
>>
>>31112593
Best practices of the three anon.
>>
>>31112461
Because so far the Switch just seems to be a gimmick, and I don't wanna shell out cash so soon for a pokémon machine.

Complete Gen 7 on 3DS, and if the Seitch is good then we'll talk
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.