[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Evolution vs Z-Moves What do you favor? http://www.stra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1482182929248.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1482182929248.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Mega Evolution vs Z-Moves
What do you favor?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11988131
>>
I like the meta Mega Evolution created. However there's just not enough of them and game freak made some bad mega evolution choices.
>>
>>31110874
Z-Moves didn't really add much of value outside of shit like Z-Conversion. Who would have thought that attempting to buff every Pokemon at once isn't actually a good way to make more things viable?

Mega Evos made teams revolve too much around the Pokemon that mega evolves, and I'm not a fan of that. That said, at least they revamped old Pokemon and added something fresh. Z-Moves are just... there.
>>
>>31110874
I like that Z-moves are usable by any mon, but they only enhance one turn. Megas usually last longer.
>>
How is this even a question, z moves are miles better because they work for all pokemon and gibe more variety to the game, while all megas did is overcentralize the meta even more and add more power creep
>>
Z-moves are slightly better Gems.Mega evolution's are better it's just too bad that only a select few got access to them.
>>
>>31110992
I favor the team building that mega evolution created, everyone usually has the ace in the team anyway. However ever since Sun and Moon they make it seem like such a horrible thing, I can't possibly think of putting my pokemon through it anymore.
>>
>>31110992
It wasn't an attempt to buff everything at once, it was just an attempt to make it so that whatever pokemon you like can do the super move, as opposed to mega evolutions where only certain mons can mega evolve
>>
I like Mega's concept more but Z-Moves were handled better balance wise
>>
>>31111050
More like, "Everyone pokemon is special, here is what you can do with it!". But really it comes off be bland, with one move per type and a few exclusives, with animations that I wish that could be skipped.
>>
i did not use Z-Moves at all in my entire run of Sun. very pointless to me but i don't care much for mega evolutions either since most of the designs are shit.
>>
>>31110874
Z-moves are great because it doesn't change whole pokemon into other pokemon
But Mega Evolution is already here and I want my mons to get better forms.
Ash-Grenigga was a mistake.
>>
File: 1473819994261.gif (613KB, 384x212px) Image search: [Google]
1473819994261.gif
613KB, 384x212px
Evolution > Megas for weak pokemon > Z-Moves > Megas for already strong pokemon
>>
Can't Mega Rayquaza use a Z-move since it doesn't need a Mega Stone?
>>
>>31111370
I dont think so
>>
I wish both would go away but Z Moves fucked up the meta less
>>
>>31110874
The concept of Megas are way better than that of Z-moves. Z-moves are honestly pretty disappointing.
>>
>>31110874
Megas just make more sense in the game world, evolving already happens so a temporary form of it isn't too surprising. Problem is they gave Megas to pokemon who did not need them
(mega garchomp).
>>
Mega Evolution, because there's literally so few things we know about Z-moves lore wise
>>
>>31111111
>>
>>31110874
>Posting a furry
Delete it.
>>
Z moves suck in every way

some megas make me happy (absol, snow president)

some are dumb (all those edgy dragons, give flygon something you cheeky fucks, garbage chomp doesn't even need his mega)

>edge zard shouldn't have ever been a thing, y zard should have been the only mega for original dragon
>>
>>31114800
>Z moves suck in every way

You are retarded. Your enitre post is retarded. But this is the dumbest thing you said. Z-moves are really damn good. In Smogon Singles status/buff Z-moves are amazing. And some mons, like Ash-Greninja and Heatran can run offensive Z-moves too. I even have a Terakion with Continental Crush off Stone Miss. And it kicks ass. Shit like Porygon-Z with Z-conversion is pure rape.

And in VGC you pretty much need to have at least one on with a Z-crystal for a super strong nuke/delete button.

You don't know what you're talking about, retard.
>>
>>31110874
Most Z-moves are just a generic big damage attack with a 20 second cutscene and that's fucking boring.
Most Megas look like shit but at least they almost always make a Pokémon better, even if it's just a little.
>>
>>31114729
Awoo~!
>>
Z-Moves don't actually effect the meta in any way, and at worst give every pokemon access to a wild card nuke option.

Megas on the other hand ruined as many pokemon as they improved in addition to making some cancerous fucking mons
>>
A Z move won't make Mawile anything better than NU fodder. A mega stone on the other hand...
>>
Pretty much confirmed that Mega evolution is the better choice.
>>
>>31110874
Z-Moves.Megas are cancerous shit that ruins designs.
>>
>>31111285
This, though Megas for already decent Pokémon > Z-moves imo, because it can add a bit more viability or even just variety to a standard mon. Tar, Chomp, and Gyara, for example, don't have Megas that are too strong, and Z-moves added a GIANT new layer to memorize... as if there wasn't enough already.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.