[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Cutscenes. Holy fuck i'm playing a game not watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
1. Cutscenes.

Holy fuck i'm playing a game not watching a movie. Fucking stop punishing me. Know how many cutscenes generation 1/2/3 had? Not that fucking many. Every generation it gets worse.

2. Daily Events.

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY POKEMON EVERY FUCKING DAY. I want to grind, I want to get my accomplishments, I want to catch the ones I like, and I want to be done with it. They took out the daily cafe battles from X and Y and replaced it with a once a day buffet battle. Fuck you. Pokepelago? Fuck you. Festival plaza? Fuck you. Don't string me along for daily rewards, it's a video game not a fucking opioid. I have other better games to play. If I wanted to play for 30 minutes every day i'd be playing Animal Crossing like some loser fag.

3. Difficulty.

I basically walked through the game until the elite four when suddenly HERE YOU GO. 5 TEAMS OF 6 POKEMON THAT ARE ACTUALLY GOOD. I know you spent 90% of the game beating trainers with single pokemon, you should be prepared for a real battle now. Good luck! It wasn't fucking gradual, it wasn't fun, it was easymode to normalmode with no brakes in between. When the fuck will they add a New Game + mode or difficulty scales? Fucking hell.

4. Story.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE STORY. I NEVER HAVE. I play pokemon to catch the cute critters, kick the shit out of my opponents, and play minihitler to breed the shiny 5 iv perfect natured genetic arian pokerace gods. There doesn't need to be a story. Throw in a team of pokemon stealing gangsters, a regional challenge of gyms or trials or whatever, and top it off with a rival and elite four. Thats the formula. Story doesn't mean shit to anyone.

5. How every generation since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald seems like a step back.

I'll even admit D/P/Pt was somewhat decent. And HG/SS was absolutely the peak of the franchise. But every single game since then has been worse. Also one more time: FUCK DAILY EVENTS.
>>
too many shit to read
>>
>>31102649
>1. Cutscenes.
Ok whatever. Like every autist on /vp/ you try to push your meme.

>2. Daily Events.
Daily Events were a thing since Gen 2.

>3. Difficulty.
The difficulty was actually pretty nice if you don't use Exp. All and train 3 or more Pokemon.

>4. Story.
Stick to Showdown then.

5. How every generation since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald seems like a step back.
Just fuck off with your shitty bait.
>>
>>31102715

Poetic because I could say the same thing about SuMo
>>
>>31102806
>Daily Events were a thing since Gen 2.
Yeah, but gen 2 they felt optional. Now if you want to battle for exp grinding, say goodbye to the battle cafes, now you have to do elite four forever. You also don't need anything on pokepelago or festival plaza. I'm never using that shit. The rare kitchen sounds kind of ok but seriously you can only use it once per day. Fucking worthless.

>The difficulty was actually pretty nice if you don't use Exp. All and train 3 or more Pokemon.
How about a Nuzlocke with no exp share no tms no starter 1 pokemon center visit per route? That's how mine went and it was a cakewalk. Sure I lost a few good 'mons but at least when playing X and Y i'd actually lose the game at some points and have to start over at the beginning. That was a challenge.

>Stick to Showdown then.
Wtf is showdown? Story isn't anything. The progression through the gyms to champion has always been the true allure of pokemon. Story just filled spaces in between. It's always been that way.

>Just fuck off with your shitty bait.
Can't even explain why you disagree so you just cry bait.
>>
FUCK the cutscenes. I'm right there with you OP. I beat elite four and it took i shit you not 10 minutes to get through all of that bullshit filler. The cutscenes add nothing to the experience.
>>
>>31102929
No one agrees with you, you fucking autist. Stop making 10 threads a day about how much you hate S/M and go back to playing gen 3 since thats where you like it the most.
>>
>>31102994
Lol I literally just came back to vp for the first time since gen 6 just to bitch about how bad S&M is
>>
>>31102929
>Can't even explain why you disagree so you just cry bait.

And you didn't explain your side either beyond "they're bad because I said so", jackass.
>>
i guess people were waiting until after christmas for the honeymoon pharse to be over
>>
>>31102649
>I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE STORY. I NEVER HAVE.
fag
>>
>>31102715
Don't worry, I read it and I regret it.
>>
No offense but you seem a bit dumb.
>>
>Cutscenes
Low attention span

>Daily events
Your whole argument makes no fucking sense

>Difficulty
Pokemon was never hard, being easier than the other games doesn't mean much if the whole franchise has always been retard proof difficulty-wise (it's still harder than Kalos though because Totems)

>Story
That's your opinion.

>How every generation since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald seems like a step back.
Stop fucking playing pokemon then.

Here are your dotlines, I hope I made your day better.
>>
>>31102649
dont you have some shitty youtube video to be shilling
>>
>>31103086
>And you didn't explain your side either beyond "they're bad because I said so", jackass.
Cutscenes, Difficulty, Daily events, Story, Z moves, mega evolves. 3rd timeline is cancer timeline. 2nd and 1st are the best timelines.

Drop mic.
>>
File: 1481085261438.png (64KB, 884x784px) Image search: [Google]
1481085261438.png
64KB, 884x784px
I still feel like my major gripe with the series is the goddamn buttass SOS mechanic. That is a garbage fucking mechanic and you'll have a hard time convincing me otherwise. Fuck the fact that it works too many times when you don't want it and not enough when you actually want it. Fuck the fact that Hidden Abilities are literally hidden (as in the game doesn't even explain to you that chaining for mons will SOMETIMES get you a mon with a different ability, you will be guaranteed to need to look that shit up, sorry about your luck). Fuck the fact the shiny encounter, IV, and HA rate actually RESET if you go past a chain of 255 mons.

I want to know what fucking moron programmed this shit so I can punch them in the motherfucking face. What a goddamn idiot

I will also always nitpick at the fact that Scraggy (LITERAL HOODLUM POKEMON) isn't available for the Regional dex and isn't a staple member of a team of hoodlums. Guess Mankey and Fearow were THAT important
>>
>>31102806
>>31103192
>>31103200
>>31103202
GF apologists
>>
>>31103200
Lol "Low attention span" Just because I dont fap every 5 minutes to lillie running around being clueless doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. Who the fuck needs 10 minutes explaining that "this world is full of creatures we call pokemon, some people battle them some people study them... are you a boy or a girl?" Seriously. Who the fuck needs any of that.
>>
File: outtasite.gif (158KB, 328x310px) Image search: [Google]
outtasite.gif
158KB, 328x310px
>>31102649
>>
>>31103261
Uggh chaining was so good in x and y and oras. Seriously WHYYYY the fuck did they change that? It was so fucking straightforward.
>>
File: 1407524069106.jpg (12KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
1407524069106.jpg
12KB, 317x267px
>>31102649
>And HG/SS was absolutely the peak of the franchise.
>>
>there are people on /vp/ RIGHT NOW who actually try to defend the cutscene shit
what's your excuse?
>>
>>31103307
No meme, just no honeymoon phase for the shittiest installation of the series since D/P.
>>
>>31103339
>honeymoon phase

Do you post this in every thread?
>>
>>31103261
Also the fishing mechanic is fucking trash now. The entire point of seperating Rods (Old, Good, and Super) was so that you could fish for Pokemon OTHER THAN FUCKING MAGIKARP. Now it feels like if you're stupid enough to even bother with fishing, you're going to get Magikarp 90% of time. Even in the bubbling spots where the game TELLS YOU THAT YOU CAN FIND RARE SHIT THERE, you'll STILL get fucking Magikarp.

Makes me want to tear my fucking hair out.
>>
>>31103267
>like something
>sh-shill! a-a-a-apologist!
>>>/v/ and never come back
>>
>>31103307
>>31103336
More GF apologists
>>31103365
No Masuda
>>
>>31103353
Shared opinion. Great term. Aptly describes how most of you 12 year old fuckers can ignore all the shit piled into S&M and pretend it holds up to any game before it.
>>
>>31103362
They changed so many things just for the sake of changing them it's so horrible. It's like they have no idea what fans want, or they know exactly what we want and they just keep doing the opposite to appeal to the fucking idiot children playing their games instead of the people who made pokemon a success by following it loyally for 20 years.
>>
GG gamefreak
>>
File: A confused nigger.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
A confused nigger.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>>31103200
>Low attention span

How does not wanting to spend the next 5 years of my life watching a shitty low quality cutscene mean I have a low attention span?
>>
>>31102649

I actually agree with the "daily event" bit.

In their effort to compete with phone games, they have taken the phone game "gameplay," thinking this will keep kids hooked. According to several interviews with directors, phone games areally a big big big reason as to why they have changed their design mentality

Shjelahdjsjhh

Slal

MS
A
>>
>>31102929
>You also don't need anything on pokepelago
More evolution stones, Bottlecaps for Hyper Training, Leppa Berries for Shiny Hunting, or the EV Down berries, or you can EV Train while you do literally anything else. You can also hatch 18 eggs at once and play another game.
>>
>>31102929
I will admit the options for training/grinding in this game kind of sucks but you definitely don't need to do the E4 over and over. Use Pelago, it's good. Gets you Leppa berries, etc. Then feed the Pokemon you're training two rainbows beans in Refresh. Strap a lucky egg on that bitch. Go smash A in Poni while watching a TV show or something. Minimum effort for quick levels. Even better if you're training traded mons since they get even more bonus EXP.
>>
>>31102649
Your opinions suck.
>>
>>31105260
>ALL of these except evolution stones and EV berries are new features
But fuck this game right? It's really simple pal, if you do not like these features, you don't have to do them. If you like old features more, do those.
>>
>>31102845
>SuMo
For fucks sake I thought we were past this.
>>
>>31102649
It's funny because this is bait that actually has a few valid criticisms
>>
>>31102649
>and replaced it with a once a day buffet battle
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>31102845
why did you read it if you didn't care about story, you would have saved a lot of time if you hadn't
>>
I want /v/ to leave
>>
I liked the cutscenes.
>>
File: 1483040425351.png (505KB, 1032x493px) Image search: [Google]
1483040425351.png
505KB, 1032x493px
>>
>>31106028
I'm not sure what you're trying to insinuate. Aside from Hyper Training, nothing is a new concept. It just reduces the amount of time you spend doing something tedious when you could be doing something else.

PokePelago does something for everyone.
>>
>>31102649
1) Yeah, first island was the worst, nobody disagrees, but the rest of the game was pretty easy on these
2)
>I DON'T WANT TO PLAY POKEMON EVERY FUCKING DAY. I want to grind.
>They took out the daily cafe battles from X and Y and replaced it with a once a day buffet battle.
Well, grind then. Just grind wild Pokemon for Exp.
>Inb4 It's not efficient!
You just said you like to grind
3) This game was far from hard. And not all of those 5 pokemon teams even had 4 moves, they were skimpy on coverage.
>it was easymode to normalmode with no brakes in between.
??? Who dies to Normal Mode?
4) Hey man, each his own. I like the story, most do, but I can see how someone would hate it. but really?
>Thats the formula
Nobody likes Formulaic games.
5) That's an opinion, and admittedly a rare one. Because most people have better taste

Also, what up with the youtube video Image?
>>
>>31102649
>1. Cutscenes.
Different direction than everything pokemon did but Unova.
>2. Daily Events.
Complaining about something that's a staple since Gen II.
>3. Difficulty.
Harder than Gen V and VI, easier than Gen IV and previous iterations.
>4. Story.
Back to smogon. Story is good for a game that's become repetitive with time.
>5. How every generation since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald seems like a step back.
Hoennbaby.
>>
only valid complain is the difficulty spike, but if you aren't a total baby casual it shouldn't heave been a problem

>gen 3 baby

opinion discarded
>>
>>31106270
>It just reduces the amount of time you spend doing something tedious when you could be doing something else.
You realise doing something else isn't reducing the amount of time right?
It's just diverting your attention.

In other words a minute is still a minute whether you're taking the most painful shit of your life or playing a fun game.
>>
>>31102649
If you exit the Battle Buffet before finishing the 10 turns, you can go back in the same day and repeat this to fight there infinitely.

I will agree that the only way to get extra evolutionary stones being to wait 12 hours in Poke Pelago and hope you get what you want isn't ideal, but everything else isn't a problem. Berries have literally always taken time to grow, the pelago framework might make it seem like something new, but it's just the same old berry field. Everything else you can do in pelago is bonus stuff you didn't have the option to do at all before.

The game's difficulty starts increasing at the end of the third island, definitely not at the Elite Four. Best I can give you is the start of the fourth island. The difficulty curve isn't perfect because even with EXP share off, mid-way through the second island I started feeling overleveled before it pulled back on me, but it isn't as bad as you describe.

Story and Cutscenes is basically the same complaint.

Your fifth complaint isn't a complaint, it's a summation of your other complaints. Closing statements don't count as their own points in any other discussion.

So there you go, your problems are actually
>I don't like the story focus
>I want a normal way to get extra evolution stones
>the difficulty wasn't curved perfectly
>>
>>31102649
>1. Cutscenes.
SM were cutscene heavy but there's not a lot of ways to tell story in a game like pokemon.
>2. Daily Events
nobody's forcing you to partake in the events and nobody's forcing you to play the game daily.
>3. Difficulty
the difficulty really depends on what Pokemon you chose. Choose 6 OU mons? it's a cake walk. Choose 6 shitters? it's an uphill battle.
>4. Story
It's always been in pokemon since gen 2, It's not going anywhere.
>5. How every generation since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald seems like a step back.
you say that but then indirectly say HGSS is better. Stick to a point and defend it.
>>
If you want the perfect pokemon formula game play Platinum, if you want the perfect pokemon mechanics game play SM
>>
>>31106567
>if you want the perfect pokemon mechanics game play SM
lyl
>>
>>31102649
Then fuck off back to Gen I/II. Nobody is going to miss you.
>>
>>31103362
>if you're stupid enough to even bother with fishing, you're going to get Magikarp 90% of time.

I stopped fishing not to long after I got the rod because of this. I also stopped walking in the grass because of pelipper and gumshoos.
>>
liked & reblogged
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.