[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the worst, most incompetent, and overrated evil team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

File: 356.png (137KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
356.png
137KB, 500x500px
Is he the worst, most incompetent, and overrated evil team leader in the series?
>>
>>31094101
nice bait
>>
That's Giovanni
>>
>>31094101
Yes.
>>
>>31094101
No.
>>
>>31094101
Possibly
>>
>>31094101
Maybe.
>>
File: 60425649_p0.png (818KB, 940x716px) Image search: [Google]
60425649_p0.png
818KB, 940x716px
>>31094158
>>31094169
fight.
>>
>>31094101
Yes, he is.
>>
>>31094181
that was me samefagging though, should I punch myself?
>>
>>31094101
Guzma is perhaps the best. Maxie & Archie are full retards, but they're lovable. Giovanni is bland, but no gen 1 characters have any depth anyway, so it feels cheap to call him bad. Cyrus is solidly evil and insane, but almost no one rates Galactic very high, so it'd be wrong to say he's overrated.

Lysandre is garbage, but he's literally based on Hitler. He is simultaneously insufferable and charismatic, disgusting and bland. Easily the worst. Flare is a joke, and Malva's non-story makes me angry to this day AND makes me hate Diantha & Sycamore even more as a result.

Worst case of wasted potential are the HGSS Rocket Quartet, though, easily.

Also fuck your bait OP, sage
>>
File: 18391023819.jpg (35KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
18391023819.jpg
35KB, 400x287px
>>31094101
I was alright with him but his fanbase is the most annoying thing
he's not that great
>>
File: 1473422781576.png (265KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473422781576.png
265KB, 480x480px
>>31094213
Nice.
>>
>>31094215
>Guzma
>the best
>when he was lusamine's dog the entire time
>>
>>31094215
Also, N and Ghetsis were pretty great. I'd say they're best, with Guzma in 2nd (or 3rd depending on how you count it).

Also fuck you, OP.
>>
File: WE WUZ PIRATEZ N SHEIT.png (475KB, 607x1280px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ PIRATEZ N SHEIT.png
475KB, 607x1280px
>>31094215
>Archie is a full retard
ftfy
>>
Guzma accomplished pretty much everything he set out to do. He was able to distract the protagonist long enough so that Plumeria could get Lillie and Cosmog, and was able to buy enough time for Lusamine to open the Ultra Wormhole and head into Ultra Space with her. I don't know if I'd even rank him as a proper evil team leader, though, considering he was under Lusamine's authority the entire time - it's sort of like how N was built up to be the big bad, only for it to actually be Ghetsis.

Worst evil team leader was Lysandre, though.
>>
>>31094215
Yeah, no. In order, from best to worst, in goes:

Cyrus
Giovanni
Lysandre
Maxie
Ghetsis (BW2)
Ghetsis (BW)
Archie
Goozfug
>>
>>31094101
>worst
nah, other villains had more stupid motives

>incompetent
nah, he was more of a challenge compared to lusamine

>overrated
maybe but that's just fujos sucking his dick
>>
>>31094226
Granted, but he has more character than most other Pokemon villains combined. Lusamine was evil, deplorable, and frighteningly effective, but then you find out all or most of that can be chalked up to Nihilego mindfucking... which is a total cop-out.
>>
File: Spr_GS_Rocket_Executive_M.png (823B, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_GS_Rocket_Executive_M.png
823B, 56x56px
>>31094101
>Destruction in human form!
>I'll fuck you!
>SHIT! WHY CAN'T I FUCK YOU!
>I'll fuck you next time!

I mean, he actually topped Archer in terms of being shit. I didn't even think that was possible. Archer at least had a decent reason for being in his position, and a clear goal. Guzma had none of those. He made Team Skull because why the fuck not. His motive is to be the dog of a bitch.
>>
>>31094254
even though your opinions are shit, I'd like to point out that gen 2 Team Rocket is so horrible that you forgot they existed.
>>
>>31094101
Yes, actually. And I like him.
>>
File: screenshot2 epi 25 s6.jpg (25KB, 321x350px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot2 epi 25 s6.jpg
25KB, 321x350px
>>31094280
>I'll fuck you!
>SHIT! WHY CAN'T I FUCK YOU!
>I'll fuck you next time!
sounds like my sex life
>>
at least rocket gen ii invested in security in their base-

then i remembered that fucking murkrow
>>
>>31094306
A lot of people don't count Archer as his own boss and still say its Giovanni.

Still, Archer is better than Guzma, because of what >>31094280 said here. He gas a clear goal, and his motives were set up well in FRLG. His plans were also better than a lot if the other evil team leaders.
>>
>>31094272
>4 lines of dialogue repeated
>more character than most other Pokemon villians combined

Yeah, no. Guzma in-game is bland shit. Plumeria has more character than him, and she shows up like 3 times for like 15 seconds each time. Even a few of the generic Team Skull goons come off with more personality than Guzma. If he didn't say the line "It's your boy" and have the overall charisma of Team Skull as a whole backing him up, nobody would give a fuck about him.

Cyrus, both versions of Ghetsis, and Lusamine all have more character than him. And hell, even if they're shitty retards, even Archie and Maxie have more character than him, too.

>>31094280
This.
>>
>>31094101
I think Archer is the worst but Guzma is second

>he doesnt do anything memorable in the game, even Lillie's kidnapping was by Plumeria, not Guzma
>he doesnt do anything to be redeemed, in fact you need to save his ass
>Team Skull overall is seen as a joke and a niusance by Alola people
>He's a dick to his parents even though he has a loving mother and was clearly liked by Hala

He's just an idiot who doesnt have any redeeming qualities, he's also a dog to a bigger boss (lusamine)

But yeah Archer is even worse
>>
Guzma in my opinion is the best because of the implied backstory he has. Being from an abusive household and forming a gang full of misfits with no clear goal besides fucking around and gathering Buginium Z in a way to try and become that trial captain you never got to be.

>you're overthinking it!

Oh, fuck off. The original japanese dialogue is even more explicit about Guzma's dad beating him, plus the golf clubs, the photo album that hasn't been opened, the trophies. It all matches up to an abusive past that's made Guzma into what he is. That implied backstory, which was done surprisingly well for Pokemon standards, makes him the best team leader easily.

Plus, his dialogue is funny at times, he's got a good theme, and he's even kinda challenging.
>>
he was the worst """"""""evil"""""""" boss and literally just made it because he's fed up being a failure so he recruited other failures to feel good about himself
>>
>>31094367
No it was implied he was the dick to his parents, not the other way around
>>
>>31094342
Plumeria is hot but she never says anything of consequence, ever. Her into lines about being the protector of the dumb, weak grunts is her one contribution to the narrative.

She is never seen talking to Guzma or Lusamine. Beyond kidnapping Lillie, there'd be no evidence that she was actually involved in the plot at all!
>>
>>31094386
The way I saw it, it implied his father saw him as a failure for not doing well (ergo, the bronze and one silver trophy) so he "set out to set him straight", which just led to Guzma leaving.

And even if your kid is a dick, you shouldn't beat him up.
>>
>>31094358
>I think Archer is the worst but Guzma is second
but they're the most lovable leaders
>>
>>31094394
But the father said HE was the one who got beating

Besides even if Guzma's father would be a bit of a dick that still doesnt make Guzma a good character. Not to mention his mother clearly loves him a lot and he had Hala as his mentor. Guzma is just a dick
>>
File: 1322531108494.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1322531108494.png
265KB, 334x393px
>he is the best evil leader because he was abused as a child!!!!1111
>>
>>31094407
Yeah, he says he got beat in the end, but that doesn't erase the fact that he, on purpose, tried to harm his own son and might've done so earlier.

The mother just seems like the generic "he dindu nuffin" kinda mom. Besides, the game already implied earlier on when Kukui and Guzma met that he wanted and tried to be a trial captain, so being taught by Hala fits the picture. Even if he's taught by the Kahuna doesn't mean he was going to succeed or that he was the best.
>>
>>31094415
The backstory adds literally nothing to Guzma's character. He was beaten and he ran away from house, which doesn't connect to his current position as a gang leader. The backstory was just slapped on top when GF realized how pointless and shitty a character Guzma was.
>>
>>31094390
Plumeria has her intro scene, and the scene at Poni Canyon that let you know she genuinely cares about her friends in Team Skull. Then she has her Elite 4 Title Defense match, where she says she's starting fresh as a pokemon trainer and "doing it right this time." You can tell from her saying she needs to deepen her friendship with her pokemon after you beat her that she's serious about making something better for herself.

She's not important to the plot, but she's got ten times the personality Guzma has. She has a range of thoughts and emotions that she shows on-screen, unlike Guzma's two or three. Even Guzma's postgame "arc" is just the exact same shit he did the rest of the game. Disbanding Team Skull meant nothing to his character, while Plumeria takes something and grows from it.
>>
>>31094415
He's the best as a CHARACTER, I should've said. I don't think he's exactly the best team leader because he's not the most effective. My bad for bad wording.
>>
>>31094400
Female please go.
>>
>>31094482
as a full hetero male, i can assure you that guzma is easily the most loveable. people who like guzma aren't all gayfags and women.
>>
>>31094254
You mean worst to best right?
>>
>>31094101
>the worst
No, the best
>most incompetent
Yes
>overrated
No
>>
>>31094101
I love SM, but i'll have to agree on this one. Even though he is a badass, he's kind of worthless, lusamine steals all the attention from him.
>>
>>31094494
Anthony Burch is a full hetero male too :^)
>>
>worst
No
>most incompetent
Yes
>over rated
Yeah he's kind of getting there. I like him but he isn't god's gift to the Pokemon franchise.
>>
>>31094514
i dunno who that is and i don't care
>>
File: 1478640388764.jpg (307KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
1478640388764.jpg
307KB, 1111x597px
>bromley is lovable
>constantly shits on you
>a manchild who can't move on being a captain
>is literally a bitch for a psychotic woman
>steals other bug crystals so he is the only one who can use it
>resorts to trying to catch a ultra beast so he can beat a child
>>
>>31094101
Isn't he just an admin though?

Lusamine is the real person controlling skull through guzma.

Shouldn't we be ranking him with all the lower class badies and Lusamine as the leader?
>>
>>31094598
Toten Sie selbst, germanfag
>>
>>31094650
That's like saying you own a construction company just because you hired them to build a shed.
>>
There isn't really an "evil" team in Sun/Moon. Team Skull are just run-of-the-mill hoodlums that nobody considers a threat (except Lillie, who pees herself at the drop of a hat).

Their influence in the games is meant more for humor than anything else, and they fill that role just fine. It's Aether that is supposed to be more of a mysterious and possibly evil entity, but aside from abusing Type:Null and Cosmog, they seem to do more good than bad. They don't want to steal shit or rule the world or bring on the apocalypse.

As such, I'd say Guzma is not the worst, not by a longshot. His motives make perfect sense and he never goes above his pay grade. He's just salty that he couldn't be a trial captain, so he acts like a prick and bullies people.

Compared to the morons of team Aqua/Magma and Flare, he is easily a better character.

Also I don't even remember what team Galactic was all about, they were ridiculously unmemorable.
>>
>>31094958
>They don't want to steal shit

They're literally Pokemon thieves

At least Aqua, Magma and Flare had actual motivation, were well organized and had real bosses
>>
>>31094101

He made for a better character than Lysandre.
>>
>>31094101
He's not the worst, idk about incompetent but he's definitely overrated as fuck.
>has a weak non memorable team
>barely does anything
>team skull being a joke
>overlooked by lusamine
fags and girls only like him because he's "cute" or "hot". besides them I don't think anyone actually likes him since he doesn't do anything important
>>
File: eb9.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
eb9.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>31094958
You could just write that Skull is wigger parody of Rocket and be done with it
>>
>>31095012
I like his themesong, and the fact that he isn't some leader of a super serious organization. He's just a gangboss. I actually like how unimpressive he is, if that makes sense.
>>
>>31095012
People like him because "ITS YA BOY" gives him the illusion of having a charismatic thuggish personality, even though he doesn't have it at all and all of the thug gangster shit is entirely the nameless Skull Grunts. Then his shit fanbase takes that illusion and makes fan content around it, making it seem more like he's not extremely boring. Then people see that fan content and forget what an unremarkable piece of shit he is in the actual game.
>>
>>31094958
Team Galactic, D/P: Fuck this world. I'm gonna imprison the lake elves to power a machine to build bdsm chains for the god of time/space.
Team Galactic, Pt: Fuck this world. I'm gonna imprison the lake elves to power a machine to build bdsm chains for the god of time/space in order to bait out Lucifer which I'll control normally.
>>
>>31094400
They're the one you feel sad for the most
>>
>>31094101
He had drive always wanting to beat you down but the fact that he's always failing and takes orders from someone else kinda makes him feel like a minion and not a big bad boss
>>
>>31094367
>Guzma in my opinion is the best because of the implied backstory he has.

This.
>>
File: 1482465896590.jpg (131KB, 542x614px) Image search: [Google]
1482465896590.jpg
131KB, 542x614px
>>31094280

he made team skull because no one loved him and he was a bitter man

It makes sense, Hawaii is a shitty place to live if you are on the wrong side of town.

Especially since most the cops, while friendly enough, don't give a fuck enough about their job to actually leave their police station unless a tourist gets lost or a SUV is doing 100 mph down a dirt road and merges with a tree on the molecular level.
>>
File: 1482279180352.png (939KB, 844x674px) Image search: [Google]
1482279180352.png
939KB, 844x674px
>>31094407

What his father says is that he wanted his son to be the best. In his room off of route 2 you can see a bunch of bronze (and one silver) trophies in his room.

His father got all pissy and beat him with golf clubs until they broke, after Guzma failed to become trial captain it caused him to snap and led to such massive self-worth issues he essentially formed the cripes.

I mean a lot of gangs were founded by fuck-ups and Guzma is a fuck up.

I think a lot of it is that how much you get out of his character is based off how much stock you put in implications and life in hawaii today.

I like that ultimately his motivation was just to be a useless piece of shit and raise a bug farm
>>
Reminder that it was Guzma who beat his dad with golf clubs and not the other way around.
>>
>>31094101

Yes, but the things you just described make him an interesting character far superior to the other team leaders. Apart from the "overrated" bit, that word is wrong and generally meaningless anyway.
>>
>>31096558
>His daddy beat (only implied) him.
>Is evil now.
>Becomes a pet.
>"Far more superior to other team leaders."
>>
That would be whoever lead Nu-Team Rocket in GSC
>>
>>31096858
don't bother lad , there's a dumblr browsing guzma threads defending his loser honor
>>
>>31094254
>Cyrus the literal autist
>anywhere but the bottom
>>
>>31096525
No, his dad beat him and then he beat his dad in retaliation before running away.

They beat each other.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.