[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>leave town >charen wants to battle to see who is stronger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: black-white.jpg (44KB, 469x210px) Image search: [Google]
black-white.jpg
44KB, 469x210px
>leave town
>charen wants to battle to see who is stronger
>encounter team plasma grunts stealing shit
>they flee
>town's gym leader appears and chases after them
>go battle some grunts and enjoy some trite dialog about how bad humans are and blah blah blah
>gym leader thanks me and says to meet them at their gym for a challenge
>beat gym
>leave town

THIS WHOLE GAME IS LITERALLY JUST DOING THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. EVERY SINGLE TOWN, EVERY SINGLE TIME.
>>
Skyla didn't tell me to go and catch Plasma grunts.
>>
>pokemon
>repetitive

WOOOOOOOOOW

but seriously. gen 5 gets too much praise.
>>
>>31093033
SM is even worse. How anyone can enjoy this type of (((gameplay))) is beyond me.
>>
>>31093033
this, if you try to go to further routes
>hurr here's a bridge that opens when you beat the gym
>hurr no pass until you beat the gym

>>31093084
>le may may brackets
not an argument
>>
>>31093103
Other Pokemon games do this too except with HMs. Gen 5 just does it without Cut.
>>
>>31093224
true
>>
>>31093103
>enter town
>cutscene
>let's explore thi-
>cutscene
>guess I'll just leave the-
>cutscene
>ok finally out in the wild, let's go catch som-
>more cutscene
>god damn this route is short, let's check the next
>hurr no pass until you beat the trial
>>
>>31093256
that's the first island, yeah
>>
>>31093265
And the rest of them.
>>
>>31093275
incorrect.
>>
>>31093282
>Akala Island
>can't do anything without seeing Burnett and Lillie first
>Ula'Ula
>can't do anything without helping Lillie out with a long library scene and talking with the professor in the garden where Hau forces you to take the long route around
>>
>>31093305
>waah why does the story happen in the game
Still not cutscenes all the time, ergo you were wrong.
>>
>>31093305
>where Hau forces you to take the long route around

This made me laugh. Why the fuck? Was GF that desperate to add more gameplay time?

He doesn't do ANYTHING there, he's literally just blocking you from the bridge. What was the point of this?
>>
>>31093305
>any pokemon game
>can't progress anywhere without doing some arbitrary task

Pokemon has always been linear. It was just less visable back in the day because HMs felt more organic, when in reality they were just roadblocks.
>>
>>31093324
The difference is that HM blocking still allowed you to explore the rest of zone, instead of having a NPC block you from EVERYTHING.
>>
>>31093324
this
>oh well i can't go through here, but it's okay because it's pokemon and HMs have always been a thing
>remove HMs
>well what the fuck are these fucking roadblocks what the fuck

>>31093329
like mauville in emerald? north there's two rocks, west goes nowhere, east you need surf
just an example
>>
>>31093329
>NPC blocking you is different than a rock/stone/pond blocking you
>>
>>31093033
And why are you bringing this up now?
>>
>enter the tall grass
>random encounter
>it's fucking turn-based again

WOOOOW fuck this game. I thought we evolved past that (get it? Pokemon reference).

Call me back when it's an open-world MMO with realistic graphics and gritty adult themes where you see the Pokemon physically in real time and it's exclusive to the Xbox One.
>>
>>31093357
>instead of having a NPC block you from EVERYTHING
>NPC block you from EVERYTHING
>EVERYTHING
>EVERYTHING
>EVERYTHING

>>31093351
Yes, exactly like that. Gen 3 has my least favorite region and this is just one of the reasons.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.