[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /vp/ so against gender specific designs? They've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: 60587571_p0_master1200.jpg (248KB, 480x668px) Image search: [Google]
60587571_p0_master1200.jpg
248KB, 480x668px
Why is /vp/ so against gender specific designs?

They've always made design choices like this since the start.
>>
File: 1482296642181.gif (359KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482296642181.gif
359KB, 600x400px
>>31090589
>no attack helicopter pokemon when spaceship is a thing
>>
>>31090589
Underages.
>>
>>31090589

They're triggered by the possibility of their waifu having a penis
>>
File: 1482879841421.png (219KB, 284x609px) Image search: [Google]
1482879841421.png
219KB, 284x609px
>>31090611
>>31090622
>dubs of truth twice in a row
Holy shit you guys, this thread hasn't even been up for ten minutes yet
>>
>>31090589
I'm fine with them, as long as they're not fucking starters. Fennikin could SORTA be stretched to be a wizard man, but Primarina is just unforgivable.

The majority of Pokémon fans are either older men or younger boys/girls, and I'm pretty sure younger girls would go for litten because "ooh, kitty!"
>>
>>31090769
Not to mention Primarina doesn't fit Popplio at all. The circus design looked like it could be carried down.

Also I hate how Ballio looks. Absolutely disgusting fakemon. (Not to mention Ballio is not gender neutral)
>>
Autism.
>>
>>31090815
>Popplio is a clown meme

When will it end?
>>
>>31090896
Circuses have seals balancing balls on their noses. It's a well known thing. Not to mention he does flips and has a collar that looks a little like a clown's.
>>
File: goo.png (115KB, 350x265px) Image search: [Google]
goo.png
115KB, 350x265px
>>31090931
(s)he still balances balls on her nose, just in a different context.

If pop idol mermaid makes you too insecure about your masculinity, use gyarados or some shit
>>
>>31090931

Circus seals aren't clowns. And circus animals are usually depicted wearing frilly collars, that still doesn't make them clowns.
>>
>>31090589
why is primarina so adorable, OP? What the fuck, man?
>>
In this case, because of muh gender ratio. If Primarina weren't a starter and had a proper gender ratio (most likely 75% female, or at least 50%) all of this hate wouldn't exist. It'd get some shit for being a waifumon but that'd be about it. But that's what happens when you design a female pokemon but make it a starter.
>>
>>31090896
It's not a stretch given the acrobat aspect and the collar it has. You're reaching harder not seeing it
>>
>>31090589
>They've always made design choices like this since the start.

no they haven't.

the gen 1 starters are gender neutral.
machamp line is mostly male for a male design.
jynx is 100% female.

I don't see the connection here to a blatantly female 87.5% male mermaid.
>>
>>31090931
The other two have the same """clown""" parts shared by Popplio and do all the things you mentioned.
>>
>>31091493
gen 1 didn't have genders, check your privilege
>>
>>31091493
Starter gender ratios don't work the same as others. "Rare" gender ratios serve the purpose of making them 'difficult' to breed, nothing more. In other words, starter gender ratio is about as canon as legendaries having no genders.
>>
>>31090815

It's weird how "polar opposite" Pinnister and Primarina wounded up being. They're like from the very same starter and yet, deviate in completely different ways.

I agree that both of them aren't exactly gender neutral, even although I strangely find Pinnister just a little bit more believable to be a female in any case more than Primarina being a male in any case. But Primarina as a whole got cute-ified thanks to the Fairy-type cutesy/pink/feminine design syndrome, which is no surprise, which really begins to grind my gears. And I'm a absolute fan of Fairy type.

While some Primarina fans are okay and often disregard which gender it ends up being, I find it uncomfortable for some reason how some would rather soft reset for a female one or breed for one and go through all that trouble just for that one teensy tiny gender symbol.

It makes the female one more valorized while the male on ends up completely shafted simply because of its design despite the gender rate and that was sort of what I was afraid would happen back when the concepts first leaked and it did in the end. It makes having Primarina in the game unsettling as a whole, even more when you realize people value it more if it "looks" more like its gender. Its shiny doesn't really help my case either, all blonde and pink looking, which makes Primarina look even more feminine than what it already was.
>>
>>31093306
I find it more uncomfortable how many people get a male Primarina just so they can name it RuPaul or something demeaning, then go on talking about their MALE Primarina and how HE is a MALE and how HE is a huge TRANNY FAGGOT LOLOLOL! That Primarina can be male is the source of 90% of it's hate.
>>
File: 1482258247503.png (1MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482258247503.png
1MB, 900x1200px
Man, Primarina is so cute
>>
>>31090589
My main issue with it is that, for the most part, a Pokemon designed with a gender in mind rubs against my view of what a Pokemon is. A Pokemon isn't a character, it's an animal. It can be a plant, robot, or rock animal, sure, but it is still one of a million just like it. Assigning hard gender characteristics, or clothing makes it less of an animal, and more of a character.
>>
>>31091145
Circus=Clowns for enough people. Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong, but the hard correlation exists.
>>
>>31093483

To be fair, there wasn't a selkie/mermaid equivalent in the Pokemon world and some pokemon ARE based on certain legends (dragons, oni from the top of my head) and they probably thought Primarina would make sense as the "maiden of the sea". Reading about selkies and sirens, they're creatures often involved in romantic tellings and there are male equivalents.

Makes Dewgong's and some other pokemon I forgot ex entries' a bit dumb, since they were mistaken for mermaids previously and Primarina makes no mention of that, just that it needs throat maintenance and its song being passed from generation to generation.
>>
>>31093001
doesn't change the fact that it's on overtly feminine design for a mostly male pokemon. I don't give a shit about your canonfagging.
>>
>>31093530
It isn't a Siren. Sirens are bird-like. Also while male Selkies are a thing, they are described as being more straight and seducing women, which contradicts how Primarinas are apparently all transexual and faggots.

>>31093570
You say you don't give a shit about 'canonfagging' but then say it's a mostly male pokemon as though that is canon.
>>
>>31093001
Maybe I'm a retard but how it makes them difficult to breed when you can just breed them with Ditto?
>>
>>31093642
Because usually Ditto is very lategame, if not postgame. Not always, as S&M evidence, but usually.
>>
>>31091493
I wasn't talking about starters specifically but just Pokémon designs in general. They've always made gender specific designs.

>>31093483
>Pokémon are animals

Sure, they're based on animals, but they're not animals. They're Pocket MONSTERS. MONSTERS. Meaning they can literally be anything. Monsters and animals are too different things.
>>
>>31095343
>Monsters and animals are too different things
How does that invalidate anything that anon said?
I mean, if you just want to argue semantics, sure, that's fine. But that doesn't seem like it.
>>
File: 1316326423645.gif (869KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1316326423645.gif
869KB, 200x200px
The only time I've been triggered by this sort of thing wasn't even Pokemon-design related. It was Iris being the champion of BW2 Unova. I don't really care so much anymore though.
>>
They give it a move called "Oceanic Operetta" and people still don't get its an old fashion clown. Its pretty gender neutral if you know what clowns/opera preformers traditionally dressed like.
>>
I just don't like the fact that Primarina evolves from something that is gender neutral, and just doesn't look as fun as Popplio. Also how the fuck does it move around in battle ?

Gen 7's starters have been incredibly disappointing for me except for Decidueye. I don't like pop idols, I don't like wrestling, I don't like how different they look from their previous evos and I really liked Popplio and Torracat.
>>
File: 1477770167726.png (3KB, 194x171px) Image search: [Google]
1477770167726.png
3KB, 194x171px
>>31097578
>clowns and opera performers are the same thing
>>
>>31097908
I kept my litten a torracat.
>>
>>31098080
I boxed mine for A-Marowak and never looked back.
>>
File: 1482906735172.jpg (579KB, 1384x1504px) Image search: [Google]
1482906735172.jpg
579KB, 1384x1504px
>>31090589
>Hating on Pokemon Design
Be grateful and Bla Bla Bla
>>
>>31093483
>Animals do not have gender characteristics
90% of birds and insects and 50% of mammals disagree with you.
>>
>>31091474
>implying clowns are acrobats
>acts nothing like a clown
>"B-But it sort of looks like one!"
>>
>>31090769
>unforgivable

To who? The vocal minority of autists whose opinions clearly don't matter?
>>
>>31098108
>posting good stylized yokai design that appeal to kids to prove that pokemon designs are better
epic, love this meme
>>
>>31097908
>Also how the fuck does it move around in battle?

It's stated clearly on the official website that it moves around on bubbles it creates and controls them with its voice.
>>
>>31098214
Huh. That's pretty cool. Doesn't redeem it in my eyes, but it's slightly better at least now
>>
>>31098235
No one cares if "it doesn't redeem it in your eyes", Primarina is still a fantastic concept and design.
>>
>>31098270
I know no one cares, I was just saying. Either Brionne should've really been the first form, or Primarine should've been a different line. It's not bad, but nothing with Popplio indicates that it's either going to be girly or that it's going to be singing based from design or dex entries, aside from learning Disarming Voice early on. Primarina's just so different.
>>
>>31098303
It doesn't bother me at all. Why don't we complain that Litten doesn't look like he's gonna become a wrestler or Rowlet has nothing to indicate he's becoming an archer? Popplio keeps his entertainment/performer theme and Primarina is the perfect evolution for it, as long as you aren't triggered by feminine things.
And i'm not saying i have a problem with Decidueye or Incineroar, i really like all 3 of them, i just find Primarina actually more consistent than them.
>>
>>31098393
Eh, Rowlet dand Litten didn't look like they were going to become anything in particular. It's just a personal thing but I hate wrestling with a passion so Incineroar being real was heartbreaking with me, and Primarina's probably the most consistent but that's because it had something to be consistent about. I'm still pissed about losing the circus theme. It's still about performing, but I don't know, seeing Popplio jump around on bubbles and stuff was making me hope it was some circus acrobat thing, seeing it become a singer was almost as disappointing as Incineroar.
What really bugs me the most is the design. Why does it suddenly have hair that long ? Why's its face white and its muzzle thing so long ? Why's the tail so huge compared to Brionne's ?
It feels like there's a missing step between Brionne and Primarina. It doesn't click with me.
But again, I'd be all over it if it was from another line or a standalone, and if we didn't have a thousand fucking waifumons like holy shit waifufagging is the worst thing to ever happen
>>
>>31098606
Not him but it still looks fairly close to what Brionne did. Brionne's ears were kind of like girlish bubble pigtails after all. And besides, pokemon do that shit all of the time. How the fuck does Magikarp become Gyarados? How does Exeggcute grow a whole tree body? I mean nothing is gonna change your mind on it but yeah.

Appreciate you not just outright shitting on it though. Yeah, all those waifumons we have don't seem to help it any, given that it gets about a dozen threads shitting on it a day.
>>
>>31098606
And my final gripe is something that's shared by Incineroar, they have way too fucking much personality. They feel like they'd be one-of-a-kind things. From the animations, the design, the concept, they feel like anime characters, they feel like people. Not things you'd find in the wild and that could live without a trainer. Not that there's really something wrong with that in the grand scheme of gamefreak, it just rustles my jimmies because I can't fathom, like, a whole tribe or colony of them
>>
>>31098606
I don't know man, when Brionne was first shown it looked like the perfect In-between for Popplio and Primarina to me (Keep in mind Primarina wasn't confirmed yet). Also it seems at least to me that your complaints are subjectice or could be said for Pokémon evolution in general. To each their own, i guess
>>
>>31098818
yeah, I never claimed I was right or objective, but for once we're having a thread where we can have a slight bit of discussion without throwing shit at each other like retarded monkeys, might as well develop what I'm thinking
Brionne was a step forwards to Primarina, but it feels like it was the first step towards it, not a middle one
>>
>>31098606
>I'm still pissed about losing the circus theme.
Nice meme.

Circus things about Popplio:

seal
"ball"
wavy accessory
uses giant balls to move around

What Brionne and Primarina keep from Circus Popplio:

seal
"ball"
wavy accessory
uses giant balls to move around

You literally just "hate" it because you want to hate it, you don't have an actual point.
>>
File: popplio.png (166KB, 690x506px) Image search: [Google]
popplio.png
166KB, 690x506px
>>31099008
Mostly in the way it acts and the main theme. Primarina's mostly about singing and the bubbles serve movement purposes, they're not mainly for entertainment.
And I never said I was objectively right. Popplio just looked like it was going to evolve into some circus illusionist, master or acrobat, but instead it's a pop singer with circus aesthetic that moves around using bubbles.

And I never said I was being objective or that I was right. Yeah, I'm biased, but I'm not trying to force what I think into people's minds or claiming it's right
Primarina just doesn't FEEL right to me. I can't help but see it as something completely different, both in theme and aesthetically. Its body isn't the same color, the face and eyes feel too different, and it's just not what I'd have wanted from Popplio. On its own, it's still a fantastic design and probably the best thing a mermaid/sea singing pokémon could've been.

And looking for the pic, I read that Primarina really does jump around on bubbles to mock its opponents so I'm already aware I'm wrong from an objective standpoint
>>
>>31098108
Chewbacca Sperm, old Jewish man dog, haunted shopping bag and Prometheus alien are all better designed than any gen VII pokemon
don't think I didn't see the actual Pokémon
>>
>>31093570
>overtly feminine design for a mostly male pokemon
Who gives a shit? the gender is represented by a fucking 5x5 icon on the screen, nothing more. If that triggers you so much, you need to reevaluate life.
>>
>>31098783
>>31098606
Completely agree

I want pets to go on a journey with, not RPG characters
>>
>>31093570
There is a lot of focus on the gender ratio while the 87.5% male chance was clearly done to make starters harder to breed in Gen II. I guess GF hasn't changed it because they don't want to retroactively change gender ratios which caused issues with Azurill and Marill, nor break the pattern.

Not related to GF's decisions, but earlier PMD games required you to choose female to get Eevee as the main character, a 87.5% male Pokémon.
>>
>>31090589

Because /vp/ is autistic and will never be satisfied with whatever is given to them.
>>
>>31094100
>first game with breeding
>has Ditto on the same route as the daycare
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.