[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why hasn't Pokemon Showdown beet shutdown by Nintendo's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
74KB, 300x256px
why hasn't Pokemon Showdown beet shutdown by Nintendo's lawyers yet?
>>
Nintendo only dislikes cringy pokemon roms, not battle simulators.
>>
>>31084057
Dont worry, my dad's uncle works at nintendo and he told me that they are working on the lawsuit
>>
>>31084057
Showdown is where all the singles players go, allowing GF to focus on their doubles meta.
>>
>>31084057

They don't care about battle simulators.
>>
File: has gamefreak gone too far.png (208KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
has gamefreak gone too far.png
208KB, 640x360px
>>31084267
>gamefreak
>focusing on a meta
>>
>>31084057
Because they get a lot of exposure from it from you tubers. Also smog on just uses the models, theyre not making a game that's going to "steal" "sales"from their games
>>
>>31084057
Been wondering that myself. After all it uses tons of assets like sprites from the original Pokemon games, yet they seem to ignore it. Meanwhile Freeshop got C&Ded earlier today for using a fucking 3DS logo in the menu, lmao.
>>
>>31084355
>Nintendo sends C&D for using assets
>Showdown takes away the sprites
>Nothing happens.
>>
>>31084344
>theyre not making a game that's going to "steal" "sales"from their games
You obviously never been to smogon forums before. Tons of people openly admit they don't buy Pokemon games anymore because showdown is superior for battling and that's the only part of Pokemon they care about.
>>
>>31084057
I imagine they've had many meetings for years about what to do about battle simulators
Chances are they've come to the conclusion that shutting it down wouldn't gain them more sales, and people would just stop playing instead of buying more games.
>>
>>31084396
Smogon forums are worse than vp when it comes to being wrong and lying.
>>
>>31084397
>people would just stop playing
This. Fuck playing competitive on cart. Especially now that it's impossible to play 6v6 singles.
>>
>>31084436
>Especially now that it's impossible to play 6v6 singles.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>31084057
It only imitates one of the aspects of Pokemon, which is battling
>>
File: PSS_screen.png (155KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
PSS_screen.png
155KB, 320x240px
>>31084484
With PSS gone it is now impossible to play 6v6 with randoms without doing some convoluted shit in festival plaza that requires two people to be in the exact same menu at the same time.
>>
>>31084057
Because Masusa plays Smogon Monotype with his full Water team and with Cynthia as his Showdown avatar.
>>
>>31084632
I believe it.
>>
>>31084556
If you actually wanted to play competitive 6v6, you always had to do the convoluted shit. Or were you the guy that was always on my PSS when I was attempting to hatch eggs?
>>
File: yeah.png (242KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.png
242KB, 500x353px
>>31084632
I can believe that
>>
>>31084413
No. The competitive and prism threads have shown how cringey and retarded these people are with their terrible teams and autistic nicknames.
>>
>>31084267
There are a ton of VGC players on showdown as well, because fucking nobody wants to breed an entire team and then see that they need to change something.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.