[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we need an Elite Four >hey, why not just rehash three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: el4.jpg (185KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
el4.jpg
185KB, 1280x720px
>we need an Elite Four
>hey, why not just rehash three of the kahuna into becoming the Elite Four?

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>31080794

I thought it was a pretty good idea. It fit well with how the Island Challenge was described throughout the game, and made sense given the fact that it was a newly founded Pokémon League. It was a good mix of expected members and surprises.

And by the way, only two of them were kahunas, not three.
>>
>>31080794
It's a great idea. Nanu is a cunt
>>
>Familiar faces are worst than literal who's who we never seen before and rarely ever leave their rooms
>>
>the Elite Four consists of three characters we got to know, battle and befriend over the course of our travels throughout the region
>instead of four literally who's

Yeah I wanna know who thought this was a good idea, because it was, and I'd like to thank them personally.
>>
>>31080890
I keep forgetting ghost girl was a trial captain.
>>
>uhh and lets add this girl who we clearly took out of the game because we rushed the game out the door
>>
>>31080794
Garbage bait.
>>
>>31080794
>three
>>
>>31080794
>three
>>
>>31080944

Exactly. Two kahunas, a trial captain, and a new character. I thought it was very well balanced in terms of familiar vs. new.
>>
>>31080933
You probably thought that your rival being champion in RBY was good too.

>>31080928
Familiar faces is good and all but not when you've already beaten them in battle
>>
>>31080975
>You probably thought that your rival being champion in RBY was good too.
(dotlines)
>>
File: 1438367123431.jpg (79KB, 622x626px)
1438367123431.jpg
79KB, 622x626px
>>31080975
>>
>>31080975
Blue being Champion in Gen 1 was one of the best things about the generation. He's clearly out to be the best, he's always one step ahead of you at every turn, he gets more determined after every loss. It only makes sense that he would be the Champion before you.

I will grant that Lance's dialogue to introduce the reveal was cheesy. But I will give it a pass because Blue's theme was and still is one of the best tracks in the series.

And along those lines, beating a familiar face that has since improved drastically is a fun experience both because you get to see a befriended character again and you can see how they improved drastically.

Literally who's offer nothing to the game.
>>
>>31080794
>three (3) THREE
>>
>>31080944
>finish the game
>I still haven't realised there was a difference between kahunas and captains
>>
>>31080794
Kukui?
>>
>>31081018
There's nothing less suspenseful than the final boss being someone that you've beaten many times every step of the way.
>>
>>31080794
Kukui compared the idea of Kanto's Elite Four to Alola's four Island Kahunas.
But when he formed his own Elite Four, he couldn't get all the kahunas to join.
>>
>>31080794
It fits into the theme and story of the game, they were selected because this was Alola's first ever League, and these were strong trainers they picked.

I think it's honestly a lot more interesting than four nobodies I've never seen until now and who have had zero impact on the game this far.
>>
>>31081122
Wouldn't it just been better to include four characters that we've interacted with in the game instead of including two we've already beaten?
>>
>>31080794
I dunno
I thought it was a good idea for a change, since most of the elite four are literal who's (and you still got kahili my guy)
>>
>>31081140

No. The diversity in how you'd interacted with each previously was great. In particular, I found it very satisfying to be able to battle Hala again - one of the first characters you'd met, the first kahuna, and the character who gave you your first Pokémon. It was a fantastic idea to have you battle him again at the end of the game.
>>
>>31081070
There's nothing suspenseful about battling a stranger. And to be fair there's nothing suspenseful about the Pokémon games in general. But Blue being a step ahead of you one final time is logical.
>>
>>31080944
Though she wasn't their first choice, it sounds like three Kahunas was the original plan.
>>
>>31081070
One of the biggest problem of Pokemon games in my opinion is the fact that you are REQUIRED to win every non optional battle to advance the plot. It would be really cool if you the rival battles were really hard and it were possible to actually lose them and not be transported back to the Pokemon Center until you win. Instead the story would simply progress (unless you reload the save). It would make defeating him in the Champion battle much more satisfying if you possibly lost to that same character previously during your journey.
>>
>>31080975
>but not when you've already beaten them in battle
You don't fight Acerola or Kahili before the E4.
>>
>>31080975
It worth thematically. It can't work again mind you which is probably why you don't think it was good back then, you're looking back on it.
>>
>>31081316
*worked
>>
>>31080975
They had the decency to use the first two kahunas. These are trainers you hadn't fought in 10+ hours and whose teams are considerably different.

Were you mad when you found out Blue was champion?
>>
I get what they were going for, but having three of them be characters you've already beaten felt a bit underwhelming to me. I think Unova had the most hype Elite Four. Not only are they reasonably challenging and very memorable characters, but there's also the tension in BW1 of still wondering what happened with N and Alder.

In fact, ending on an Elite Four in this game felt underwhelming on the whole, when Gym Leaders weren't a thing.
>>
>>31081369
>three

Two, not three.
>>
>>31081267
You can lose battles in Yellow and the plot advances. You can also lose to Hau or Lusamine and the plot advances.

Do you come up with these opinions without even playing the games?
>>
File: hitchcock.png (84KB, 236x175px) Image search: [Google]
hitchcock.png
84KB, 236x175px
>>31081389

Oops my bad.
>>
>>31081392
Wait, you can lose to Lusamine? I didn't know that.

But I am pretty sure you are wrong about Yellow regarding Blue battles, except the first one at the Lab, of course. If you lose any others and go to that same spot, Blue will be there and challenge you again until you win.
>>
>>31081389
Well considering Hala held back in his fight against you it made sense that his true fight would be a part of the e4. Or do you honestly think a kahuna would only have 2 pokemon?
>>
>>31081449
Nope, losing to Blue at certain parts of the story makes his Eevee evolve differently.
Also yes, you can lose to Lusamine in her first fight, and Hau at some parts.
>>
>>31081222
Presumably kukui wanted a kahuna from each island, but Nanu told him to fuck off and hapu hadn't become kahuna yet or just became kahuna like five minutes ago
>>
>>31081369
Challenging is subjective, but outside Grimsley they aren't memorable characters at all. In fact Caitlyn has less character than her old self.
>>
File: 1475593946892.png (37KB, 188x208px) Image search: [Google]
1475593946892.png
37KB, 188x208px
Generally I dont think the E4 should have even been here until maybe post game. SM should have pulled a BW1 and had the climax be an ultra space battle with Lusamine.
The E4 just feels really tacked on. I did really enjoy fighting Accerola and the golfing bird lady. But I just rolled my eyes fighting Hala and Olivia. I already beat their asses the first time, I dont care if they're bringing stronger Pokemon to the table this time.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.