[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Removing Gyms from the Basic formula was obviously a big step

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: MainSeriesStarters.png (542KB, 591x395px) Image search: [Google]
MainSeriesStarters.png
542KB, 591x395px
Removing Gyms from the Basic formula was obviously a big step in the right direction
I'm confident that the next big thing should be to fix another huge problem with the formula
Starter Pokemon
I'm not saying remove them, that's fucking stupid, what I'm saying is that these fuckers need a huge overhaul. Stop with the same Type Trio, it's gotten stale and boring as fuck, how about having starters be completely different types from the usual?
Instead of Water>Fire>Grass, why not have it be Flying>Fighting>Ice or even Something like Ground>Steel >Ice
Anything to change things around, go wild
The standard Starter Trio needs to fucking die off for good
What do you think?
>>
File: 562.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>
>>31080660
Great job, Anon
You bring so much of value to the discussion
>>
File: 1482901932634.jpg (22KB, 272x285px) Image search: [Google]
1482901932634.jpg
22KB, 272x285px
>supports the removal of gyms.
>>
>>31080688
>Not supporting the removal of Gyms
What are you, fucking stupid?
Bet you bitched that HMs are gone too
>>
The starters don't really need to form a type trio anymore, since the games have started to move away from the importance that your rival's starter used to have. They can just as easily do what they did with Gladeon if they want a trainer with a Pokemon strong against your starter. (hell, even BW changed the entire first gym depending on your starter)
>>
Y'all jokers must be crazy if you really think keeping the same typing on startersis a good idea
Give me a single fucking reason why this shouldn't be changed
>>
>>31080645
>The standard Starter Trio needs to fucking die off for good
No, there's no good reason for them to be removed or the formula to be change.
If anything i would like them to go the rockruff way and implement split evos based on game versions or evolution stones, that way i they would be much more fun and you and your friend could pick the same starter and not have to worry about having a mirror match
>>
>>31080645
>completely different types
Give me one good reason to do that.
>>
File: 1481818472492.png (511KB, 1024x1718px) Image search: [Google]
1481818472492.png
511KB, 1024x1718px
>>31080645
I'd be down with this, there's plenty of ways you can go.
>>
>>31080988
Is there a good reason we get the same shit every time except for consistency? It's not like there's some kind of rule that new trainers have to start out with one of those three types.
>>
>>31080645
The only thing that is "the same" are the primary types. I've seen a whole lot of hacks try this different starter bullshit, and frankly, I hate it.
If someone dislikes a particular starter, don't pick it. You are given three choices. If you dislike all three, then the problem is likely with you, not the starters.

Either way, there's no real reason to change their types. Don't try to fix what isn't broken and all that shit. "The same thing" isn't a valid argument, since people WILL use a Fire, Water or Grass-type Pokemon in their teams. You're just getting one early.
>>
>>31080790
>>31081016
Because starters teach new players about how types work, you fucking retard. Water > Fire > Grass is super fucking basic and even a boar could learn it.
>>
File: Alt Starters.png (575KB, 968x396px) Image search: [Google]
Alt Starters.png
575KB, 968x396px
>>31080645
>>
I'd be down for a

Fighting/Fairy/Steel trio
Represents Attack, Magic, and Defense

Fighting/Dark/Psychic trio
Represents Honour, Cunning, and Knowledge

Ground/Ice/Steel
Represents Stone age, Ice age, Modern times

Any of these would be easy to understand and would give them a good shake up. Its boring seeing the same old red/blue/green colour schemes.
They also need to give starters regional variants to fix some of them. Imagine a fairy Delphox that picks up where Braixen left off instead of going all hobo wizard.
Pure Fighting Samurott that makes sense.
Dragon type Charizard, etc.
>>
>>31080645
>Removing Gyms from the Basic formula was obviously a big step in the right direction
No, no it wasn't. GF completely failed to recognize the problem of the Gym system and then went and made a system that accentuated it's flaws.
>>
>>31080688
>Doesn't support (the attempt at) innovation.
>>
>>31083608
What? The trial areas were straight up more fun than the gyms
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.