[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently this got a DMCA takedown and there's a chance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (18KB, 464x206px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18KB, 464x206px
So apparently this got a DMCA takedown and there's a chance Nintendo could mass ban everyone that ever used it before?
>>
Piratefags BTFO
>>
>>31080362
>Nintendo could mass ban everyone that ever used it before?
No.
>>
>>31080362
If they could do it before, why haven't they done it already

Why is Nintendo so incompetent regarding piracy in comparison to Sony anyway?
>>
Definitely
>>
No because they use the same titlekeys as everyone who legally purchased it.
>>
they can't lmao
and if they do i'll just unban myself
nintendo is fucking retarded lmao
>>
>>31080362
>there's a chance Nintendo could mass ban-
There is no chance of this. There is no way to tell whether a console has used freeshop or eshop to get digital games.
>>
Who cares? There's ways to get through bans now.
>>
>mass ban everyone

There's literally no difference between a buyfag and a freeshop fag. Hell, freeshop is literally just a fancy interface to read fucking keys for retardfags/lazyfags
https://3ds.titlekeys.com/ this is the thing that nintendo should have targeted.
>>
>using slowshop
>>
>>31080384
>If they could do it before, why haven't they done it already
This. I'm not a piratefag but I'm not a moralfag going to proclaim btfo.
>>
File: 1482492696713.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482492696713.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>31080362
Does it really matter?
It still works and you can still download it from other sources.
They can't ban people for it, and even if they could you can just evade it like the bans from playing online early.
>>
>>31080362
What?
I can "buy" games for free without hacking the console? Am I right?
>>
>>31080406
>>31080412
>>31080425
>>31080379
OP here sorry, I'm a piratefag but also a noob so I needed to confirm what's gonna happen to all those Luma 3DS's
>>
>>31080460
>I can "buy" games for free
yes
>without hacking the console
no
>>
>>31080476
Please explain.
Is it possible to do it on current firmware?
>>
>>31080505
https://3ds.guide/
Won't work on the latest firmware unless you have another hacked 3ds, one of 4 specific games installed, or know how to solder.
>>
>>31080505
You either need a friend with a CFW 3ds and a DSIware game or 4 DSIware games that no longer exist. They'll make better method in the future, I'm sure, but have this:
https://3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade

Also, if you have a new 3ds, you can do it by listening to an MP3:
https://github.com/nedwill/soundhax
>>
>>31080463
Nothing will happen. All freeshop does is send a title ID and title key to Nintendo's servers, then Nintendo's servers give you the file. Basically, since they see you have the title key, they think you bought it.
There's no way of telling how you got it.

>>31080505
Current firmware, possibly in a few weeks, but as of right now, no. 33c3 just happened and they announced a couple new exploits that allow for at least DSiWare downgrading. You can use DSiWare downgrading up to 11.1, though, it'll just take some time since you need to use waithax.
>>
>>31080537
I hacked my o3ds but not my n3ds, whose firmware is up to date. I havent tried yet, but i thought you could use oothax to homebrew and then use a second 3ds to help downgrade. Is that not the case?
>>
>>31080562
So basically they can't tell the difference between eshop and freeshop?
>>
>>31080708
Not at all.

>>31080695
On the n3ds I believe you still need a DSiWare game, but I'm not sure. I haven't done that downgrade before.
>>
>>31080708
Yep, it's just like you bought the game.
>>
>>31080562
>There's no way of telling how you got it.
But shouldn't your nnid be flagged with buying it? Sorry if I'm retarded.
>>
>>31080777
It really depends on how nintendo stores purchase history. But for all intents and purposes a cia installed through something like freeshop is as legit looking as it can get from what people understand.
>>
>>31080777
No.
They have way of telling how you obtained the key. They would have to go into people's homes and personally hunt down people who hacked their 3DS to find out.
>>
Latefag here

What happened to freeshop? Is it ded?
>>
They only fucked up by naming it "Freeshop", indicating intent to facilitate piracy, and by using a modified Eshop logo.

Because otherwise it's not illegal, it doesn't distribute the titlekeys themselves. It's like arguing a password storage program is an account theft tool, you still have to get the encrypted values and all the program does is store them and send them to the server for authentication, it's Nintendo's system itself that delivers the content when the keys match.
>>
>>31080777
No. Nintendo's anti-piracy is really shoddy, as long as you have a valid ticket installed on your system, you can download a game directly from the eShop just like you would with a legitimate copy.

Basically, they relied entirely on the 3DS's security features to make pirates stay away from their system, but as soon as the 3DS was cracked open they basically fucked themselves.

>>31080907
Nintendo sent a DMCA takedown request to Freeshop's GitHub repo. This means that the homebrew app might not get any future (official) updates, but it should still work for anyone that downloaded it already.
>>
>>31080871
>>31080875
Okay, because the main concern, as someone I know put it, is that Nintendo will see that people used the freeshop app and based on that fact, they'll ban the people who have logged onto it because it shows up as "Open Source eshop clone" or something in the activity log, rather than banning the users for the games you get from it. But if they don't see that they were obtained through freeshop, then maybe it's fine.
>>
>>31080777
They shot themselves in the foot at the very start. They're always behind when it comes to online and didn't want to tell children they had to register an account to purchase games. They probably make a lot of money from eshop gift cards given to children. You can still, to this day, buy games on the eshop without an account. To let people re-download these games they purchased, or ones that came pre-loaded on the system, they assume if the system has the ecrypted title key then it's proof of ownership. Which worked fine until the system was hacked. Now they have literally no way to tell the difference between a legit purchaser and a pirate.

They won't make this mistake again.
>>
>>31081014

Unless they use the data from the current build to make an update that forcibly removes FreeShop from your 3DS, of course...
>>
>>31081127
>didn't want to tell children they had to register an account to purchase games.
Holy shit I forgot about this. I guess I just set up an account years back incase my 3ds broke and forgot it was optional.
>>
>>31081318
Yeah, a lot of people don't even realize it today because you do have to have an account to "buy" free stuff like demos and trailers, but the eshop has never required an account to buy games.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.