[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, is Ash canon in SM ? Maybe the Ash we'll see in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: ss+(2016-12-28+at+06.58.24).jpg (41KB, 434x347px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-28+at+06.58.24).jpg
41KB, 434x347px
So, is Ash canon in SM ?
Maybe the Ash we'll see in the next movie will be "Video Game Ash"
>>
Pure coincidence. Can't tell it's Ass
>>
>Video Game Ash
Yes
>>
>>31078663
But it's a video game, coincidence like that are very unlikely. They would have not make him look like Ash if it wasn't him.
Plus the clothing and hat look exactly like Ash
>>
>>31078725
More than one person can wear clothes and a hat, anon.
>>
Maybe in the pokemon world exist a chinese cartoon about a child who travel around the world, just like Ash
>>
File: IMG_2472.png (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2472.png
119KB, 500x500px
>>31078641
>>
>what is an easter egg
>>
>>31078641
Doesn't ASH-Greninja scream canon to you? It even has him as OT
>>
>>31078641
Something to do with the movie I bet.
>>
Easter egg = / = canon

>>31078760
>implying demo is canon
>>
why does /vp/ have such a boner for canoninity
>>
>>31078760
>>31078771
I know but some dumb fucks justify that by saying "It's the demo universe,, not SM one"
>>
Maybe the pokemon anime exists in the pokemon world as an anime?
>>
>>31078790
Still, where would the name "Ash-Greninja" come from if Ash didn't exist.
>>
>>31078762
>Ash Greninja
>Hat Pikachu
>That photo that kinda looks like that Ash from the next movie
This a little to much to be just an easter egg at this point. Plus why would they start referencing Ash just now and not in previous game ?
>>
>>31078839
Yeah fair point

>>31078828
I kinda wish for this. Not because I don't want Ash to be canon but because it would be really funny
>>
>>31078840
Because we've now hit the point where kids raised on the pokemon anime are old enough to into RPGs. Implying Ash is somewhere gets them to tell their mommies and daddies to buy the next game, and some mommies and daddies will now buy the game for themselves because they remember watching the anime.
>>
>>31078790
>>31078855
>Red and Ash ARE the same person
>Or rather Ash is a role Red plays in the PokeStar Studios TV series that started out being loosely based on Red's journey but spiraled out from there.
>Red doesn't talk because he's ashamed of his role, but it pays the bills and helps him feed his pokebros
>>
>>31079320
>the PokerStars Studios bit in BW2 was to find someone to play as Alain
>>
>>31078753
in Pokemon? without making any reference to Ash?
>>
>>31079387
Was Hilbert a reference to Ash?
>>
>>31078641
Where is this from?
>>
>>31079432
was Gen V a reference to gen I? Yes.
>>
>>31078828
I like to think that famous Pikachu on vacation is the actor who plays Ash's Pikachu on TV.
>>
>>31079432
All protags since Lucas were references to Ash. Lucas included. There's a reason why they all look they same and wear the same clothes (blue + red hat).
>>
>>31079451
The room just before the fight against Mimikyu
>>
>>31079491
>Mimikyu is the ghost of Ash haunting the world because husband incompetence cost him his life
DEEPEST
>>
>>31079510
*his
But I want to roll with husband incompetence. Which man beat him to death
>>
>>31078786
Just like Spinoffs and Remakes aren't canon
OH WAIT
>>
>>31078663
Reach harder, your ass is probably using his Greninja on the battle tree
>>
>>31079467
Its the other way around u dumbass. Ash´s styles are nod to the games.
>>
>>31079491
There was no room like that, though.
>>
>>31078641
No. Ash in game is an anime character.
>>
>>31079536
Spin offs aren't canon. Ever.
Remakes are.
>>
>>31078787
autism
>>
>>31080256
>what is kukui's wife
>>
>>31078641
There is probably a guy called Ash in the games. He MIGHT also be from Pallet town. But he is not the Ash we know. He just looks similar, and has a similar name. That is it.
Blue has been in the games since forever. But unlike the anime, he did become the Champion in the games. They look the same, and even come from the same background, but are not the same person.
>>
Pokémon anime exists in Pokémon world
>>
There's no "canon" in Pokemon, stop taking this timeline shit so seriously
>>
>>31080396
From an accompanying app rather than a spin off.
>>
>>31080523

There is, it's just a loose one.

Think of each gen of sort of a Nu52 reboot.

As in, that stuff happened, but not necessarily in the exact same way.
>>
>>31080731
Is the same
>>
>>31078760
Pretty pathetic that an anime form is canon outside of its home generation
>>
>>31080906
It's not.
An accompanying app is part of the game proper.
>>
The games have referenced the anime multiple times you niggers

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_cross-canon_references#To_anime

>In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, when Red was battled in Mt. Silver, Red's Pikachu's moves were changed from the original moves in Generation II to reflect Ash's Pikachu's moves in the Diamond & Pearl series.

>Riley appears to be based on Sir Aaron, a character that appeared in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Riley has a Lucario, a Pokémon Aaron also had, and they both are capable of using the Aura.

>In Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, the Trainer at Zone 35 states "I've heard someone has the same team combination as me. Do you know him or her?". With a team consisting of Cacnea and Chimecho, the person has the same Pokémon that James has in the Advanced Generation series' Hoenn region arc.

>When a player enters Cerulean Gym with a Togepi as their walking Pokémon, it will start crying softly.

>In Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, wild Stunfisk appear in Striaton City at night.

>In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, if the player has Steven's Shiny Beldum in their party at a certain point in the game, Steven will mention the player how he once, long time ago, fought against Mega Rayquaza alongside with a young man and his black Charizard, referring to the events of Mega Evolution Special II.

>In Pokémon GO, if the player nicknames their Eevee after one of the Eevee brothers (excluding Mikey), it is guaranteed to evolve into that brother's respective Eeveelution. In every other case, the form Eevee evolves into in Pokémon GO is random.

Plus all playable Pokemon in Smash are based on the anime
>>
File: WAT.png (122KB, 388x330px) Image search: [Google]
WAT.png
122KB, 388x330px
>inb4 Red is Ash, but he just played a kid named Ash on TV while he was a kid
>>
File: 0CCBHhF.jpg (11KB, 367x381px) Image search: [Google]
0CCBHhF.jpg
11KB, 367x381px
>>31079536
>demo isn't canon
>so remakes and spinoffs aren't either
>>
>>31081060
>references mean something is canon
Are you retarded?
>>
>>31081060
>>In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, if the player has Steven's Shiny Beldum in their party at a certain point in the game, Steven will mention the player how he once, long time ago, fought against Mega Rayquaza alongside with a young man and his black Charizard, referring to the events of Mega Evolution Special II.
There's your proof that the anime isn't canon to the games.
The placement of those events don't line up and it also implies there was a point in modern times where Groudon and Kyogre woke up before their first modern awakening in RSE/ORAS.
>>
The Zoroark and Zorua in Black 1 White 1 are clearly the ones from the movie.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.