[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like these things were you don't know whether they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
I like these things were you don't know whether they're planned or just a coincidence.
>>
Ironically enough, Munna line is often related to Drowzee line. By chunky, that NPC might have actually meant Drowzee.
>>
I wonder if Ultra Beasts are intentional nod to weird aesthetically unfitting fakemons like Doomsay.
>>
>>31078664
That'd be kind of interesting.
I remember seeing some old designs floating around the web back in the day, a lot of them looked hideously out of place.
>>
I highly doubt it's a coincidence. Gen 5 is full of discount Gen 1 Pokemon, is it really hard to believe they'd use Munna as the Unovan Drowzee and slip a nod to this NPC in there too?
>>
>>31078598
The pink and flower parts tho
>>
File: Doomsday.gif (3KB, 152x184px) Image search: [Google]
Doomsday.gif
3KB, 152x184px
>>31080408
Of all the fake Pokegods, why is Doomsday the only one that still stands out?
>>
>>31081054
Probably because it's one of the few which had even remotely consistent graphics.

A lot of pokegods had really bad MSPaint shitscribbles or palette swapped sprites frorm some JRPG. Usually to palettes which the game and system just didn't have.
>>
>>31080453
What other besides Munna are discounts?
>>
>>31081781
Sawk and Throh to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee
Timburr Gurdurr and Conkeldurr to Machop Machoke and Machamp
Roggenola, Boldore and Gigalith to Geodude Graveller and Golem
>>
File: image.png (189KB, 876x1066px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
189KB, 876x1066px
>>
>>31081781
>Klink, Klang, (Klinklang) to magnemite, magneton and (magnezone)
a bad stretch but
>Gothita, Gothorita and Gothitelle to Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam
If you don't count their typings
>Purrloin and Liepard to Meowth and Persian
>Tympole, Palpitoad, and Seismitoad to poliwag, poliwhirl and poliwrath

and many other that i'm too lazy to write
>>
>>31082242
There's a lot.
>Regional rodent: Rattata vs Patrat
>Regional bird: Pidgey vs Pidove
>Regional bat: Zubat vs Woobat
>Fighting duo: Hitmonchan/lee vs Sawk/Throh
>Bulls: Tauros vs Bouffalant
>Rocks: Geodude vs Rogenrolla
>Humanoids: Machop vs Timburr
>Clerics: Chansey vs Audino
>Ghost sweepers: Gastly vs Litwick
>>
>>31078664
I've wondered if they're a nod to glitchmons

both
>have crazy stats and strange typings
>come from strange places (UBs=Ultra Space, glitchmons from used/unused/random game data)
>are dangerous

but its probably a stretch
>>
"The Trainer's thoughts joined with the Pokémon's mind, and a lustrous Aqua Ring unfurled...' That's part of a novel I wrote. I absolutely love writing about the close bonds between the Trainers who come here and the Pokémon they train"

-Shaultal in Black and White
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.