[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're going to get a new game in 2017, right? They don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 24

File: problem with gen 7.png (401KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
problem with gen 7.png
401KB, 780x1300px
We're going to get a new game in 2017, right? They don't really expect us to play Sun and Moon for over a year, right?
>>
>>31077909
>this thread again
>>
File: 1482885906815.jpg (308KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1482885906815.jpg
308KB, 780x1300px
>>
>>31077909
you posted this last night
>>
>>31077948
>70 IQ shitskin version
>>
>>31077962
And I'm going to keep posting it until we get the games we deserve
>>
So... What's it like not having English as your first language?
>>
>Breeding complaint

but that's wrong you fucking retard. Use stoutland
>>
>>31077985
>Just use arco bike.
No
>>
>Can't catch any new Pokemon after becoming champion
>ultra beasts
>guardians
>necrozma
>>
>>31078006
>speed mattering in the box
>>
Nothing has been announced for 2017 iirc, so keep dreaming and stop these threads.
>>
>>31078048
wtf, it does. What would make you think it doesn't? If it didn't then why would you even use Stoutland?
>>
>>31078040
>riolu
>lucario
>emogla
>scyther
>>
File: problem with gen 7 1.1.png (399KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
problem with gen 7 1.1.png
399KB, 780x1300px
>>31077948
Thanks for catching that. Update to version 1.1 today!
>>
You made very good points all over.
I sure hope we get new non shitty games on the Switch real soon.
>>
>>31078048
All the box does is create a way for the running animation to not stop. Tauros still hatches eggs faster than stoutland.
>>
>shilling the god awful and useless PPS
Die in a fire anonette, along with this thread
>>
>>31078182
>shilling the cancer that is festival plaza
wtf are you even talking about? Plaza is factually worse than PPS
>>
File: 1482855662326.png (143KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482855662326.png
143KB, 500x500px
Can this shuckle make it to page 10 along with this thread ?
>>
anyone who defends HMs are pure cancer
>>
>>31077909
I strongly disagree with the "cutscenes = tourist trap" notion. Like what the fucking hell? How does one even make this fucking connection? Sure it can make it feel less like a game and more like a episodic tale, but even then I don't see the problem. The first island is annoying but after that there's barely any more than usually in Pokémon games.
>>
>>31077909
>They don't really expect us to play Sun and Moon for over a year, right?

Uh nooo...? You're supposed to go and do something else after you beat the games and/or get tired of them. There's also competitive to tide you over until the next game arrives if you're into that. It's your own retarded fault for expecting a fucking game like Pokemon to last a year, you spoiled idiot. Get it together, anon.
>>
>>31078048
It does actually.
>>
I'm kinda hoping for a remake of Fire Red and Leaf Green. It's been a while and if Ruby and Sapphire got the treatment, why not the best gen?
>>
>>31077909
>>31078100
I can't even be bothered to read this fucking shit 'cause it's all exaggerated and bloated way beyond how the games actually are in reality. Still shit, but this is way over the top whining.
>>
>>31077975
So literally never, forever, you'll be wasting your life posting an image that changes no one's opinion.
>>
>>31078294
>If not-remakes can get remakes, why can't remakes get re-remakes?
>>
>>31078320
>tfw the original gen 1 image actually had objective, verifiable criticisms and not just subjective whining
>>
>>31078320
t. TCPI employee

These excuses are getting pathetic honestly. When we complained about XY we were told "I-it's GameFreak's first 3DS g-game!" Now things are even worse and you're still defending them.
>>
>>31078348
>"hahahaha the special stat"
>Objective, verifiable criticism
>>
>>31078260
>there's barely any more than usually in Pokémon games.
Are you people fucking delusional?

I'm in Ula Ula and I'm baffled by what I saw. You go to the library, get a cutscene. Ok, have to move upstairs... another cutscene. Why even give me control if you're gonna take it away again literally 5 seconds later?

This game is fucking awful but I don't want another one next year. For all we know, it might turn into ORAS 2.0 where it's barely an upgrade from the previous one.
>>
>>31078364
The special stat is broken
>>
>>31078364
>special being objectively broken due to poor programming
vs.
>waaaaaah MY pokemon not smashing rocks ruins immersion because I'm autistic
>>
>>31078383
How?
>>
>>31078294
>Wanting more Kanto
Neck yourself
>>
>>31078348
>game has a glitch that almost no one ever found unintentionally
>valid criticism

That image was a meme. By taking it seriously you're basically admitting that you're a retard.

And as expected of retards, thread turned into "b-but that gen!". You know what? It changes fucking nothing. SM are still awful games.
>>
>>31078397
Pokémon like Alakazam are Special walls on top of being sweepers
>>
File: 1476541705602.jpg (140KB, 1024x954px) Image search: [Google]
1476541705602.jpg
140KB, 1024x954px
>>31078294
>Why not a remake of a remake
>>
>>31077909
For start, the wording is pretty shit
>most casualized
>suffocates the player
>do not feel like an adventure
>wasted potential
>implemented awfully
>they were so afraid
>game gets lazier
>are straight downgrades
>perfect (...) replaced with far inferior (...)
terrible wording, which is mixed with the lack of examples(implementation of rotom pokedex or aloan forms vs normal ones) makes that graphic look more like a rant rather than an analysis. It will take a few versions to get this shit fixed.
>>
>>31078437
It wasn't a meme, it was serious
Things like wrap and hyper beam were stupid
>>
>>31078356
I'm not defending them. If you had bothered to actually read my post you'd have seen that I'm still calling SM utter shit. I'm just saying many of the points in OP's image is either pure whining or subjective opinion.
>>
>>31078437
no it wasn't a meme. Gen 1 mechanics were objectively broken
>>
File: totally.png (9KB, 434x229px) Image search: [Google]
totally.png
9KB, 434x229px
>>31078444
Oh the horror.

Good thing that never happened again right?
>>
>>31077975
>games """we""" deserve

Anon you poor thing. Just give up. Is Pokemon the only video game you play? Because there's more out there, you know. The games aren't going to get any better. The only thing that's guaranteed is you're going to continue to get bored and find fault in these kiddie games as you continue to mature into games targeted at your appropriate age demographic. It's a natural progression.
>>
>>31078561
Now imagine se moves either being weak or outright immune via a glitch

>he is actually defending g1 mechanics
>>
>>31078475
>Things like wrap and hyper beam were stupid

More stupid than you? You know that you can switch out of Wrap, right?
You know that if you hit and fail to kill, you're still forced to recharge, right?

But hey, at least today we have auto grass terrain on something with Wood Hammer and 130 attack. That's how the game should work.

It's time people stopped going full retard with their blind gen 1 hatred. You're a fucking cancer to the fanbase, the kind of moron who obviously never played the game but keep shitting up message boards.

Kill yourself my nigga.
>>
>>31078356
>Everyone I don't like is a TPCI employee!
>The emotional child's guide to trolling /vp/ because /v/ told you it was so easy
>>
>>31078356
>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill!
>>>/v/
>>
>>31077909
I already didn't agree with this list of exaggerated hyperbole, then I got to the HM part and this retard is DEFENDING them?

I don't even need to read the rest.
This is too stupid for words.
>>
Gen 7 is the Gen 5 of Gen 6
>>
>>31078602
>he is actually nitpicking g1 mechanics
Reminder that if not for gen 1 you'd have nothing to play today.

And the game worked. It doesn't fucking matters if you don't like it (though I know that you didn't play it), the game worked, set up the foundation for this 20yo series and is still the most loved generation.

Stay mad, retarded hoennbaby.
>>
>>31078637
Is English your second language? The OP isn't criticizing the removal of HMs, just how it was implemented.
>>
>>31078677
Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're a spic.
>>
>>31078651
You can still use a bow and arrow over a gun, or a carriage over a car, or leeches over medicine and vaccines
>>
>>31078561
>comparing a Gen 1 Pokemon to a Gen 7 Pokemon
yeah, it's not like there are 650 more Pokemon right now. You have to see things in comparison. With more Pokemon the chance of a counter or atleast a check is way higher.
>>
>Mega Stones missing

What if when you bring pokemon from past generations using pokebank into the game they just show up in the battle tree store?
>>
There actually is a breeding loop. It's just slow as fuck but you can still use it for hatching when you aren't playing.
>>
>>31078706
>comparing a 96 game to a 2016 one
Surely you're smarter than this. Did you expect that Game Freak would predict every single thing that the players would do with their game?

Do you really think Game Freak fucking cared about muh meta?

And despite all that, gen 1 is still more balanced than gen 7. Funny how that works.
>>
>>31078677
It's an autistic immersion complaint
>>
We all know Kanto is a very barebones region. But a new Kanto game (it can easily be a 20 years later sequel with Agatha dead, Blue the Viridian Gym leader, etc) can improve that significantly (top priority: Battle Frontier in Vermillion).

Reading this thread I realize why people like Kanto even though we have had so many additions to the games post Gen III (the last gen with a Pokemon game starting in Kanto): everytime we played that region there was a sense of adventure- I fear they ruin it with this cancer handholding mentality and the inumerous cutscenes.

If they do a sequel while refreshing the region and including the new mega evolution and ultrabeasts lore we can have a GOAT game. The other + point of Kanto is undoubtedly Team Rocket and Giovanni: a real criminal organization that makes for a much better enemy than other evil Teams. And Giovanni always adds another layer over that straightforward "criminals just looking for profit" that can intertwine with the Mewtwo mega evos storyline (and add spicy ultrabeasts).

+Lillie is in Kanto
+Red can fit into the storyline in so many epic ways
+Lance is cool af

Bill may have developed some sort of UB-related technology: his fusion machine made a humanbeast even worse than Nihilusamine. Inb4 Buzzwole-Red as final boss.
>>
>>31078703
I called him a spic because he couldn't understand English, not because he had a different opinion.
>>
>>31078761
>If they do a sequel while refreshing the region and including the new mega evolution and ultrabeasts lore we can have a GOAT game.
What's the point of playing a Kanto game with all this crap? Might as well just make a new region.
>>
>>31078761
>+Red can fit into the storyline in so many epic ways
The last thing we need is that fag again.
>>
File: eOv1S.png (115KB, 206x318px) Image search: [Google]
eOv1S.png
115KB, 206x318px
>>31078761
>>
>>31078778
It would sell better to genwunners
>>
>>31078755
you're argument was literally
>good thing there never was a special sweeper/wall again :^ )
The problem is, that the existence of Nihilego doesn't invalidate the fact, that Alakazam was broken in G1
>>
>>31078792
>It would sell better to genwunners
After all the baiting being done since 2013?

They missed their chance already.
>>
File: 128Tauros_AG_anime.png (33KB, 868x776px) Image search: [Google]
128Tauros_AG_anime.png
33KB, 868x776px
>>31078811
Oh look, another retard who didn't play gen 1 and thinks that Alakazam was "broken".

All you faggots are doing is parroting false statements. Use your own fucking head, play the fucking game, stop being a mindless sheep.
>>
>>31078768
Jesus you're autistic.
Guess I shouldn't be surprised you put as much hyperbole in everything else as the op pic.
>>
>>31077975
I smell autism
>>
>>31078859
Must be weird living in a world where someone can say something but you're unable to comprehend it. I'll pray for you.
>>
>>31077909
The lag issues are easily solved with a New 3DS.
Who the fuck can defend HMs?
The story's pretty good, and the cutscenes are pretty much just speaking, like a lot of every other fucking Pokemon game.
Trials are actually fun compared to "step here to make a curtain open/rotate a platform". Some gyms were pretty fun, too (specially Unova ones) but doing certain tasks is something different and enjoyable.
>not casualized
>Pokemon
Choose one. Also, if you want a challenge, try battle style SET. It makes it quite harder.
Who cares about 3D anyway?
Searching for Z-Crystals is fun and lets you know that there were other trials in Alola, hinting interesting things.
Have you heared of Poke Pelago? You can grind 18 Pokemon at the same time while not even playing the game. Just saying.
Actually, you can just run with Tauros for like 5 minutes and you can hatch an egg. Also, with the egg glitch you can even know the nature, IVs and shininess of your Pokemon.
This gen was specifically designed for double battles, and new abilities were made to counter most OU Pokemon, not to create more OPmons.
Speed =/= usage
Zygarde Cells, UB missions and Z-Crystal search makes it a good postgame, along with QR scanning to get rare Pokemon.
UB pretty much are the main plot, you would know it if you just read instead of smash the A button in every "cutscene", as you call them. Just because you fight them in postgame doesn't mean they don't play a major role in the main story.
Alola forms are supposed to be just climatic adaptations of old Pokemon. They are Kanto exclusive because GF is a Kanto cocksucker and that's nothing new. Not every Pokemon is supposed to be competitive to be cool, and who ever cared about Raticate, anyway?

TL;DR: OP's a faggot
>>
File: starmie.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
starmie.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>31078811
>>31078852
Before you start trying to argue on how broken Alakazam and psychic was, here's the actual best psychic type that even kids swarmed to when playing in those Stadium tournaments.

But how you'd know that? You've never played it. You're just another parrot.
>>
File: image.png (21KB, 176x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21KB, 176x232px
>yfw stars reveal in a little over 2 weeks
>>
>>31078761
Holy hell! You nailed it in so many ways, but this sounds like pure fanfic cancer, specially with that humanbeast crap. I think a Kanto game years after RB would be cool, but most of the things you said were... not that good.
>>
>>31078993
>most of the things you said were... not that good.
Go on, please.
>>
>>31077909
Agree on almost everything. I would also add the casualized fishing to the list.

I hate how dull these games feel, I rather go back to a gen 2 or 4 style but without having HMs.
>>
>tfw no Poison/Steel Alolan Weezing
>tfw no Psychic Alolan Golduck
>tfw no Fairy/Fire Alolan Rapidash
>tfw no Psychic/Dark Alolan Hypno
>tfw no Fighting/Ghost Alolan Kangaskahn
>tfw no Fire Alolan Muk

how did they fuck up so badly
>>
Jeez this board is rampant with shills. I can't wait until you guys go away in a few months so we all can shit on S/M in peace.
>>
>>31078993
I'll admit I started it serious and then started slightly fishing for you's: I didn't even play Sun/Moon so I don't know how well did they execute the UB's storyline.

But I still stand by my position of reinvigorating the Mewtwo-Giovanni storyline with the Megas.
>>
Damn, this would be an ok thread if OP wasn't that much of a faggot.
>>
>>31078651
It still sucked in a competitive format. Battling with other players via link cable was added at the end of production; the developers never expected Pokemon to have a competitive following. A lot of the problems were fixed in Stadium specifically to balance the problems that they knew existed.

tl;dr you're defending something that the creators admitted was a problem
>>
I love SM, OP. Does this trigger you?
>>
File: 1479709112666.png (287KB, 448x487px) Image search: [Google]
1479709112666.png
287KB, 448x487px
>>31078888
I want to fuck you so bad right
>>
>>31077909
I would personally add the lack of dispersing some of the new moves introduced this gen. Signature moves are fine, if GF wants to make a move set to a very specific pokemon then fine. But Lunge and Liquidation could of been given to so many old pokemon its ridiculous. Lunge by itself could of been given to pretty much every cat pokemon easily. Its kind of like U-Turn where the idea of the attack is so simple it should be easy to spread out to plenty of pokemon.

Liquidation could of been given to more water types. I was hoping this would finally be Siesmitoad's phyiscal water attack I've been waiting for but no, its given to like 4 pokemon.

Not to mention TMs like Leech Life and Smart Strike, which you would assume being TM nows would guarantee having vast usage. But both are once again stuck with like maybe 10 pokemon. And how the hell does Aurorus not learn Aurora Veil? Its bad enough it doesnt learn it naturally but there is a fucking TM for it, and it cant even be used by every Ice type.
>>
>>31077909
I remember the gen 1 image was full of actual problems and not 100% opinions.
>>
>>31078755
I don't understand. You compare Nihilego to gen1 Alakazam and try to make it a valid defense? You do realize that Nihilego's standard set runs focus sash because it just dies, right?
Plus, Starmie was arguably the best Psychic type back then either way.
>>
>>31079013
Well, first, I think there should be another criminal organization (I mean, Team Rocket would have been vanished for 17 years, it wouldn't make any sense for them to come back); also, Mewtwo is supposed to be a "secret" in Kanto. Only the scientists and people who entered Pokemon Mansion really know about it. Making it part of the story sounds more like fanservice than actually a good thing. Heck, even the legendary birds would work better for plot reasons, and they aren't that great.
Prof. Oak is pretty much as old as Agatha, so he would be dead by the moment.
Blue or Lillie (or even Lusamine) being his replacement would work nice, tho (and would make it a good excuse for the UB plot for the evil team, specially because Lillie and Lusamine have been in the Ultra Space).
Red... by that point, it would be really forced in the story, because he retired as the Kanto Champion and Team Rocket would have nothing to do, and I don't think anyone besides Blue, Oak (if he's still alive) and some gym leaders would care about him.
If they made another Kanto game 20 years after RB, it would be way too different in almost everything (probably no gambling, Lavender Town would be nothing due the GSC events, Safari Zone would be pretty much the same as ORAS, Gyms and E4 would be different in almost every way, Pokemon Mansion was destroyed by the volcano and Mewtwo would have probably been caught by Red or escaped by the moment). Don't misunderstand me, it would be pretty nice and interesting, but would also be nothing like the Kanto everyone's used to.
>>
File: thatsmyfetish.gif (3MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
thatsmyfetish.gif
3MB, 384x288px
>>31078888
>States all of my opinions and counterarguments in one post
>Those repeating 8's
This guy fucking gets it
>>
>>31079045
I dunno about you, but I'm kinda tired of /vp/ shitting on every single gen.
>RBY
'muh genwun'
>GSC
'nostalgia, post game was boring'
>RSE
'muh trumpets and water'
>DPPt
'too slow'
>BWB2W2
'shit pokemon'
>XY
'worst games ever kanto pandering unfinished'
>SM
'literally everything'

I don't know about why handholding is a complaint when literally all of it is OPTIONAL. Pokemon is, at its core, a game for kids. It includes a default easy mode so kids don't get frustrated. For people who want to play and have some kind of a challenge, it doesn't force you to do anything the easy way. You can turn the xp share off. You can box the legendary. I played it without the exp share and it was fun as hell.
>>
>>31078888
>The lag issues are easily solved with $200
Uh, no previous pokemon game has had lag issues, no matter what platform. It's factually a step backwards.

Also, breeding is still more of a pain, exploit or no. QoL is way low for the Masuda Method.
>>
>>31079174
Leech life is fairly available. Shit, even Incineroar can learn it.
>>
>>31079354
Many people played with the exp share off yet it was still much more easy than the first 5 generations.

You had fun because you really do enjoy the handholding.
>>
Friendly reminder that even if it doesn't get announced in January, specs or Mario Rabbids would confirm Pokemon Stars.
>>
>>31077909
>As if gamefreak didnt want you to use the bottom screen
Given how awful the framerate is even when using the PC im sure they did that just to be able to render the real game.
>>
File: 1482884320029.png (176KB, 458x438px) Image search: [Google]
1482884320029.png
176KB, 458x438px
>>31078921
What's happening in two weeks?
>>
>>31079407
No matter what people say, you can't get easier than GSC. Period.
>>
>>31079407
What fucking handholding? Also 'boohoo this child's game is easier than <insert gen here>'
Did you even play the game? (Not to mention did you even play gen 1? Almost as easy as XY even without the handholding). And who are these 'many people'? All I see are people bitching about the handouts they weren't forced to use.
I bet you spammed the fuck out of your z-moves too.
>>
>>31079461
I dunno anon, gen 1 is piss-easy. You at least have to grind a little in GSC.
>>
>>31078269
This so fucking much. I don't understand why people think Pokemon games should last them thousands of hours.
>>
>>31079461
Idiot.
>>31079466
Why are you so angry? Probably because you know I'm right and you don't know how to deal with it.
>>
File: 1482268305557.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482268305557.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>31078888
>The lag issues are easily solved with a New 3DS.
I only bought a New 3DS because my old one became unhinged. Beware of cracked hinges and open from the middle.
>The story's pretty good, and the cutscenes are pretty much just speaking, like a lot of every other fucking Pokemon game.
It's better than what Gen VI offered. I liked BW better because of how central the protagonist was, but I don't mind being a side character to another story as long as that story is good and gets me involved. I'm gonna call "good story" subjective, though.
>Who cares about 3D anyway?
Nitpick, but if Gen VI had 3D, why not Gen VII?
>>
File: 1475708919847.png (714KB, 593x669px) Image search: [Google]
1475708919847.png
714KB, 593x669px
>>31079442
Switch event?
>>
>>31079354
This. So fucking much this.
The stuff people keep whining and crying about are often so small it baffles me why the fuck they're still playing if fucking everything ticks them off. I understand not liking the old games anymore and I understand the frustration with XY/ORAS/SM having zero post-game, and XY having a poor story. But that's also it. The rest is just mindless bitching because no one here has the mental capacity to actually express when they like something, so instead they shit on everything else.
>>
>Schooling
>useless
It's literally the thing that makes Wishiwashi. Should have replaced that with Liquid Voice, which has no value whatsoever. Also

>defending shitty forced moves that you have to have to progress
I've always hated HMs and removing them was one of the best things SM did.
>>
we had a Gen VII hate thread just a couple of days ago.

i think one anon was right when he said Gen V and Gen VI assblasted faggots are teaming in retaliation to spur a forced hatred meme for Gen VII.

at any rate, proceed to neck yourselves.
>>
File: gold-silver[1].jpg (98KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
gold-silver[1].jpg
98KB, 470x235px
>>31078761
FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME
RED AND BLUE ALREADY HAD FUCKING SEQUELS.
AND THEY GOT REMADE TO BOOT.
FUCK OFF YOUR YOUR KANTO FETISH, GOD.
>>
>>31077909
>>31077948
>>31078100
>my opinions matter and are FACT!
>I'll just coopt an old picture about actual mechanical and design faults in gen 1 to plaster my opinions in /vp/ again!
And you will do it again for every single game from on now
>>
>>31079581
It's rather obvious that these threads are edgy contrarians fishing for (You)s

It's always been the case in this board, but people never learn.
>>
They won't reveal Stars at the Direct. GF always does their own reveals. But if the Switch specs are the same as what Eurogamer posted and they reveal Mario Rabbids then Stars would be indirectly confirmed.
>>
>>31079581
I wasn't there, but it sounds more like people are just plainly exaggerating and guys like you are trying to make it even worse by calling out other generations too.
>>
>>31079515
>>31079400
I'm not saying everyone should buy a New 3DS just to play Pokemon, but if you have one, you don't see the lag. I still get how this can be a problem, so you can't get help with a regular 3DS/2DS.
Breeding is still easy with a good IV Ditto, Synchronize, Destiny Knot and Flame Body. I don't see how this is a problem.
Also, I'm getting tired of people's only defense of gen V. The only good thing about BW is the story, and keep throwing shit to XY and SM because of that when everything else was just a copypasta of gen I Pokemon and an even more linear region than Kalos.
>>
>>31079581
>[current game] is SHIT
>[game one/two gens before] is GOAT
>>
>>31079619
>Mario Rabbids
What is this?
>>
>>31078899
> Ice Beam
> Thunderbolt
> Surf
> Psychic
> every kid's Starmie ever

I fucking loved Starmie as a kid.
In fact, I have a Starmie like that where I combo it with Protean Kecleon and Skillswap. If you thought Ninjafrog was cancer, you have another thing coming.
>>
>>31079603
Nah there are just more shills and kids on this board this generation than gen 5 and gen 6.
>>
>muh shills
>stop enjoying things!
I hate /v/p episodes
>>
>>31079652
One of the rumored games from that list with Pokemon Stars is a MarioXRabbids crossover RPG.
>>
>>31079633
Ok, but just because there's consoles where that's not an issue doesn't make the issue disappear. Lag is an absolutely valid criticism. And even more so considering that it made them remove triples, which like it or not, some people liked.

Also, breeding takes way more attention than it did in ORAS. It doesn't matter when youre breeding for 5iv mon, but masuda method? 500+ eggs? Paying that much more attention definitely adds up.
>>
>>31079407
>it was still much more easy than the first 5 generations.
It wasn't, though. Having played through all of them recently, SM is actually pretty average as far as difficulty goes. It's harder than GSC, RS, RB, and XY. It's easier than Y, E, DPPt, and BW/2.

Even then, though, the overall difficulty level of the series is so low that this ranking can vary rapidly just by choosing the right Pokémon. DPPt are much harder if you don't choose Infernape because Torterra and Empoleon are abysmal in-game. Similarly, BW has such awful Pokémon that you're practically obligated to ditch them for the few okay ones, which skews things.

This would also affect GSC, except that game has a retard-proof difficulty curve that makes XY blush.
>>
>>31079694
There was a whole list??

Also, the same rabbit bullshit Rayman had going for a while..? How the fuck does that fit with Mario in any kind of way at all..?
>>
>>31079654
Lapras's moveset too!
>>
I like how half of them are opinoins and the other half are nitpicking
>>
>>31079717
Who cares about your opinion? More people will agree that the past 3 games have been the easiest pokemon games ever.
>>
>>31079720
There was once a Mario/Final Fantasy basketball game.
If true I just hope it's not terrible.
>>
>>31079728
My Lapras had Solar Beam.
I don't know why. Kid me thought it was a brilliant idea.
>>
What do people even MEAN by "handholding"? NPCs telling you how the game works? The game is supposed to be complex and kid-friendly at the same time and in-game tutorials are common in EVERY game.
>>
>>31079717
At least FR/LG were challenging. I've been playing through them recently and I just got to Blue at the end of the League, and all of his Pokémon are about 10 levels above mine. My fault for not grinding enough, but this problem has been with me ever since I made it to Silph Co., where the level curve just went right through the roof. In SM I never had to grind and still beat everything no sweat until I made it past Nanu, at which point it did become difficult, but FR/LG is on a whole other level.
>>
>>31079354
>XY
>'worst games ever kanto pandering unfinished'
>SM
>'literally everything'
>implying SM doesn't do kanto pandering and isn't unfinished
>>
>>31077909
We should have one of this for every gen.
>>
>>31077909
Trips dictate OP is a faggot.
>>
>>31079751
I don't
Every Pokemon game is easy by sheer virtue of them being RPGs where you can grind. You only thought they were hard because you were a retarded kid who didn't know what the fuck he was doing.

I recently replayed Pokemon Red on VC in two days or something. 8 Hours played or close to it. Just get a Nidoking and literally Trash the shit out of the game.
>>
>>31077909
Dubs dictate OP should kill themselves.
>>
File: 1482898389208.jpg (280KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1482898389208.jpg
280KB, 780x1300px
>>31077909
>>
>>31079751
That Who cares?!?" line of thinking just makes you even more of a faggot.
>>
File: tmp_15650-148280228145620541676.png (115KB, 238x326px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15650-148280228145620541676.png
115KB, 238x326px
>>
File: 1481494450764.png (81KB, 337x294px) Image search: [Google]
1481494450764.png
81KB, 337x294px
Holy shit, most of these are purely subjective.
Stop being so fucking retarded
>>
>>31079709
Yeah, maybe lag's the one I can't deny.
Anyway, I've never been really into competitive, so I'm always happy with 3-4 IVs. And I don't know what's up with Masuda Method. Getting shiny Pokemon has always been a challenge (except in gen VI), so using the egg exploit or just filling boxes and then IV checking always gives me good results.
>>
>>31079581
It's pretty fucking obvious when the course of a week the number of threads shitting on it have ramped up and the number of passive "So is the honeymoon period over yet xD?" ones have decreased.

Shit like this happens on every board.
>>
>>31077971
go back to your board.
>>
>>31079499
>because I'm right
>provides no evidence as to why

Alright kid. Time for bed.
>>
>>31079875
Masuda Method always calls for hatching hundreds of eggs. The attention that needs adds up. The improvements they made to breeding doesn't really change anything other than making MM more of a pain.
>>
>>31079797
I wasn't. Learn to read. I was saying that so far all the shit I've seen for SM is that literally everything is wrong with it.
Plus, its definitely more finished than XY ever was.
>>
>>31079883
>It's pretty fucking obvious when the course of a week the number of threads shitting on it have ramped up and the number of passive "So is the honeymoon period over yet xD?" ones have decreased.

Wanna know why that is? Because these games are fucking trash

> P-people are just shitting on it for now reason! I SWEAR! THESE GAMES ARE P-PERFECT!
>>
>>31078381
>I'm in Ula Ula and I'm baffled by what I saw. You go to the library, get a cutscene. Ok, have to move upstairs... another cutscene. Why even give me control if you're gonna take it away again literally 5 seconds later?
> Why even give me control if you're gonna take it away again literally 5 seconds later?

So you can go do something else you dumbass.

You're running from cutscene to cutscene and are complaining that there's one cutscene after another?

I get that there are many gameplay interruptions, but this argument requires a special kind stupid
>>
>>31077909
>I'm going to keep reposting my shitty copy of some gen 1 poster without the witty side or decent points

Stop. No one thinks SM are the best games ever, we all know and accept the flaws. The original pic was made to counter people who couldn't see the flaws of Gen 1
>>
We're getting the Pokémon National Dex in January when PokéBank gets updated, calm the fuck down. Sun and Moon isn't staying at v.1.0.0 forever...
>>
>>31077909
OP, it'd be in the best interest of /vp/, and really the human race at large if you took your own life at your nearest convenience, leaving no children.
>>
>>31080119
Not him, but who said that the games were perfect at all?

You're projecting. Get over yourself.

>inb4 b-but can't I criticize a game
i don't think these are criticisms, it's nitpicking and you're just pulling a lot of shit out of your ass.

Evident by you, just straight up saying "these games are fucking trash. l0lz"
>>
autism
>>
>>31078921
>Games literally just came out
>A lot of people havnt even beat them
>Implying they are going to announce the third installment already
>Implying they are going to make a third game at all even though the last third game was platinum
>>
>>31080255
best post
>>
>>31078294
this is why we never a get a good game
sm-2016 remake DP-2017 gen 8-2019
GF should make a appropriate game in 4 years and stop with the remakes
>>
File: salanditmad.jpg (31KB, 170x169px) Image search: [Google]
salanditmad.jpg
31KB, 170x169px
My own gripes:
>Those 7 gen 2 balls you only get one of. You can get more than one Master Ball from lotteries but these are the ones you're strictly limited one of? It just deters people from actually ever using them.
>Cutscenes and credits can't be skipped at all. For people trying to redo certain fights over, sitting through the same five minute cutscene can be draining.
>Move tutors are scattered all around Alola and only teach moves to select legendary Pokemon. Why not have just one guy, maybe at the Poke Center before the Elite Four or at the Battle Tree, who can teach any of the tutor moves? For that matter, the people who distribute ribbons are scattered around as well.
>Scaled experience. On one hand, it's helpful to get weaker Pokemon leveled up quicker and helps encourage keeping a varied, balanced team during the story campaign instead of just using one Pokemon as a crutch. On the other hand, when it comes to post story, it cripples any Pokemon over level 70 from growing at all, unless you grind the Elite Four over and over.
>>
>>31079684
It's ok to enjoy things. SM are my favorite games in the series.

But don't try to say that it's flawless, because it took many steps back compared to gen 6 especially in the breeding and training department.
>>
File: 1482699811127s.jpg (5KB, 250x234px) Image search: [Google]
1482699811127s.jpg
5KB, 250x234px
>>31079042

>No Alolan forms to any Pokemon outside of Gen 1
>>
>>31080130
>So you can go do something else you dumbass.
Why the fuck would you go do something else? Did you proof read your post?

This would make sense before an important event, but it's just pointless dialogue with ghost loli and waifu.
>>
>>31080510
They should've just had the XP stop going down at level 55-60ish or so.
And yeah, be able to buy the apricorn balls SOMEWHERE FUCKING HELL even if it's in Cancer Plaza
>>
>>31077909
Man, there aren't even (You)s anymore. why are you doing this?
>>
>>31080510
Those are pretty good complains. Also:
>Only one fishing rod. Like 99% of the encounters are wild Magikarp, it can be really a pain to get other Pokemon.
>>
Every pokemon game is shit.
>>
File: 7fuiOTc[2].jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7fuiOTc[2].jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>31080226
> game freak
> patching games
>>
>>31080510
>credits can't be skipped
wait, what happened to just soft-resetting the game?
>>
>>31081041
It doesn't save until after the credits.
>>
>>31079943
>restoring to "you're a kid" insults

yikes you just lost any credibility you had. no wonder you like S/M.
>>
>>31079848
u mad
>>
>>31079828
Its easy because you've played it thousands of times, idiot.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.