[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Ideas you wish were used in pokemon: >Have a game with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 1300500955176860451.jpg (1MB, 900x1390px) Image search: [Google]
1300500955176860451.jpg
1MB, 900x1390px
ITT: Ideas you wish were used in pokemon:

>Have a game with infiltration segments. You have to stay out of the line of sight of the trainers, else they'll challenge you with overleveled pokemon that are likely to OHKO your entire team. As usual, you get back to the nearest pokemon center if you lose, meaning you have to start all over again. Later in the game, you come back to said place and manage to kick everyone's butt this time.

>Have a game where your mom works as a nurse in pokemon centers. Each time you enter a city, there's a X in Y chance that you'll end up seeing her during her shift. She offers you treats like proteins or rare candies.

> Have a game where you give your rival his own signature pokemon. You meet an aspiring trainer somewhere in the midgame, and he asks you to give him a pokemon so that he can start his journey. He later challenges you with the fully-evolved pokemon.
>>
>>31076783
>>Have a game with infiltration segments. You have to stay out of the line of sight of the trainers, else they'll challenge you with overleveled pokemon that are likely to OHKO your entire team.

That sounds like a phenomenal way to frustrate players, particularly young children, into dropping the game. And just more generally, haven't we learned yet? Stealth sections in non-stealth games are *always* terrible.

I do like your second idea, though.
>>
>>31076783
Your second and third ideas are good. I'd like the second one a lot, it'd be nice to give mom a role like that.

The first one just sounds like how I treat the post-game areas. I always try to see how far I can make it without being spotted, before turning around and fighting everyone anyway.
>>
>>31076783
The problem with the option for you to give the rival a Pokemon yourself is the fact that several players would just give him a shitmon.
>>
>>31076783
Technically Nate's mom did work in Pokemon Centers, just stopped(?) when you were born
>>
File: 1481128324298.jpg (859KB, 4096x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1481128324298.jpg
859KB, 4096x2560px
>>31076783
I like your second idea, maybe a little bit of the first, though maybe just make it where they just throw you out on your ass and relate it to infiltrating a villain team.

Making Balltism an actual system:
>After catching your pokemon in a pokeball, you can buy and modify your pokeball with modules based on their typing(s) and nature to boost a pokemon's happiness, help them recover some HP between battles (or even when switched out), and a few other things. There would also be misc. Modules for effects like 'x-stat is boosted for the first turn this pokemon is called out into battle)
>This is in addition to ball aethetics and particle effects options.

An idea I wished they had used for Sun/Moon:
>Trial variations
Basically, the idea would be that a captain's trial will differ for each person taking their challenge, and this would be represented by each trial having one of three variations that's randomly picked each playthrough to change up a player's experience per-playthrough and break monotony.

In addition to this: maybe, once you become champion, you become able to run through the trial variations and donate pokemon you breed yourself to the captains and such.

>Give that level 100, perfect IV Tsareena to Mallow
>Try how the trial is now
>Oh, god, now it gets Totem boosts.
>>
File: 1481669445860.jpg (166KB, 770x966px) Image search: [Google]
1481669445860.jpg
166KB, 770x966px
>>31076783
Here's something that'll be a little controversial:

I'd like to see Pokemon become a bit more strategic and also reactive in battles.

Strategic in the respect of terrain effecting the battle a bit, like a fire type can leap on top of a nearby tree to save itself from a ground-type move, or a fighting type can pull up a boulder and use it to counter a flying type.

Also to expand a bit on the whole system where 'Pokemon moves in time to your shout' or 'landed a critical hit to be praised'. Basically make it a sort of 'bond meter', where in battle, you fill up a bond gauge with a pokemon and allows them to do an awesome trick like that (partially to remove RNG)

But, also, maybe, a happier pokemon can even gain massive stat boosts in battle.

For the reactive front: maybe adding in Go's dodge system might be kind of cool? Maybe?
>>
I'd like to see routes re-imagined in future games. It triggers me to no end how these sprawling cities in a highly advanced society are inter-connected by poorly maintained dirt roads.

I'd rather see major routes made into actual roads, full of obstacles like cars, roadblocks, or overleveled trainers while the player instead takes wilderness trails full of more reasonably leveled trainers and pokemon that actually exist in the overworld, jumping out at you as you walk through dense growth or chasing you in open areas. Some smaller shitmons may prefer instead to hide from humans and require a dexnav-like tool and a bit of sneaking to track and catch, and togglable followers could allow you to scare away lower-level aggressive shitmons if your ace is ferocious enough (or attract certain predators if your ace is weak enough)
>>
>>31076783
Third idea is literally Wally
>>
>>31076783
>A game where you can pick any starter. Legendaries and mythicals wouldn't be avaliable but everything else would be fair game. Certain mons, like abra, would be balanced so they can attack at level 5. It would be up to the player to decide whether or not you want to sweep the game with an overpowered mon at the start or challenge yourself with a shit starter.
>>
File: 297Hariyama.png (149KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
297Hariyama.png
149KB, 431x431px
>>31081659
I want this sooo much.

Though I'd probably have the routes be concurrent with the roads. Either the roads are sort of overpasses or maybe 'off to the side' or something like that.

Then again, I'd also like to see pretty much every region be expanded two to five times bigger, including the cities and have random trainers and such you can challenge within them.

>>31076783
So on the note of an earlier post about Pokemon Go: I'd kind of like the weight and size system included, if only for flavor.

In my dream pokemon game, the Pokedex could be built into a genuine encyclopedia of pokemon knowedge, encouraging you to catch, recatch (different sizes, genders, shinies, regional variants if available, etc.), breed, level, teach through TMs, readabout/talk to people about in-universe, etc. etc.
>>
File: 1482893129011.jpg (353KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482893129011.jpg
353KB, 600x1200px
>>31082163
>Start with a Deino
>End up beating the elite four while it's still first stage because fucking awful level balance
>>
>>31084234
Yeah, I'd like to think of the trails as just running parallel to the main roads, with some forks here and there leading into deeper wilderness areas. You can still take the roads if you want of course, but it's a little boring and straightforward, and you'd be basically forced to straddle the side especially on busier roads, where there's a higher variable chance of having a car come at you as you try to cross and force you to jump back.

I was never much into the way GF tries to railroad you into tall grass or trainer battles, it's very forced and unnatural, and honestly kind of pointless. You know the stuff's there, and if you want to avoid it and steam right on to the next town? Well, you're hurting nobody but yourself, and getting summarily obliterated at the next gym or story-advancing battle is going to drive that point home.

>>31076861 still has a point that I'm considering while writing this blog, but I don't think changing things up and eliminating unnecessary obstacles would ruin the game for younger players, battling's a huge part of the game, so of course you're going to seek it out.
>>
>>31084234
>I'd kind of like the weight and size system included, if only for flavor.
same, anything to help you further visually personalize your team is great in my opinion, it'd be cool if your mons also grew larger over time as they leveled up as if they were aging, it feels weird when you're basically hatching full-sized adults out of eggs
>>
>>31076783
Pokemon Ranger had a stealth segment at one point. It really frustrated younger me.
>>
>>31076783
Have a system where you can't level past a certain point if you don't have X number of gym badges.

Have a 'job' system where you can become a Black Belt, Fisherman, Beauty, etc., and potentially reap benefits. Something like, if you're a Black Belt, your Pokemon's physical attacks all become 20% stronger, but their special attack and defense is lowered by 20%, and all Fighting and Rock types gain a 10% exp boost.

Have more types of contests and competitions. A fishing contest where you're given 30 Net Balls and have to catch as many things as you can, possibly a racing thing now if riding Pokemon are going to be a thing, etc.

Create a trainer level, separate from your Pokemon's levels, that's dependent on the number of Pokemon you catch. Higher trainer levels will increase the stats of your Pokemon. Enemy trainers also could possess levels as well.

A system where you can evolve your Pokemon mid-battle if they meet the requirements.
>>
>>31089793
>Have a system where you can't level past a certain point if you don't have X number of gym badges.
I can't see this working in a way that doesn't feel forced or otherwise ridiculous, if they keep getting steamrolled at a gym and decide to hit the grind again and come back stronger, that's their choice. Trying to railroad players into decisions they wouldn't make naturally through blatantly contrived means like that is never a good idea.

The rest of that post is good shit though, especially the jobs and contests. GF put a lot of work into these pretty 3D environments but beyond that they're shallow, linear and lifeless. It's pretty pathetic as a roleplaying game and it has no right to be, you should be able to further involve yourself in the world and actually have an impact on it.
>>
File: 1432395928965.jpg (21KB, 441x500px) Image search: [Google]
1432395928965.jpg
21KB, 441x500px
>>31089793
I kind of like your idea of the job system. I had a similar idea once for basically 'trainer feats/abilities', which would allow you to do things like heal more with berries and learn other properties (like stat boosts for a cheap x attack), mono-type specializing allowing you to gain bonuses using your chosen mono-type.

That sort of thing.
>>
File: 1481854445149.png (82KB, 610x521px) Image search: [Google]
1481854445149.png
82KB, 610x521px
I'd love to be able to work with pokemon conservationists as a breeder or even some more "field"-ish data collection stuff to add some depth to the Dex.

They could issue breeding quota missions with an ultimate influence on the frequency of rare (10% or lower) encounters of up to 2.5x (1% encounters can get bumped up even further to 5-10%) while the given species prey may decrease in frequency or even vanish altogether. If you really want to autism it up, you can revamp breeding as well, adding an increasing infertility factor (with cooldown, and not applicable to Ditto) with each new egg that motivates you to not only complete the missions on rare mons but also broaden the genetic diversity of your own box and the environment as a whole.

The latter half is a little autistic though and would make breeding more of a bitch unless they gave you access to captive mons to breed with, even then, whatever. Something like it just sounds like a really nice way for autists like me to get rid of early game breedjects that are too sub-par to trade.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.