[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did using legendaries become a bad thing? Most people still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Why did using legendaries become a bad thing?
Most people still use starters the whole game and its just as bad.
>>
>>31076554
ANON THIS IS A BLUE BOARD
>>
>>31076554
>Using legendaries
How old are you? 10?
>>
>>31076554
They are both just as bad.
I box my starter as soon as possible.

>Challenge friends to pokemon battles in XY
>Two starters, lucario, box legends, lapras, etc
>Rarely ever anything they caught or bred themselves
>>
>>31076845
>if you use phione you are 10 xD
>>
>>31076554
When every competitive format has at least 3 of them on a team and its a strong team anyways. No matter if its OU, VGC or BSS, teams will have
>thundurus, landorus, heatran, lati@s, any tapu, any UB and specific ones for each format

Because they're so unique on everything they have that only them can make a specific job on a team. And then we have more than 400 useless Pokémon on competitive, so it makes even worse to see the same monsters for years
>>
>>31076845
>stop using mons I don't like
Are you 6?
>>
File: 1482508517095.gif (989KB, 368x272px) Image search: [Google]
1482508517095.gif
989KB, 368x272px
>>31076554
>using starters is just as bad as using legendaries
>>
>>31076554
It's always been a bad thing. It's just that there are two different kinds of legendary: deliberately overpowered ones, and the ones that are intended to be balanced. In R/B, Mewtwo was deliberately overpowered and using him was bad, but the three birds were made to be balanced and using them was okay.

This was made official in Crystal with the battle tower, where Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and Lugia weren't allowed but the bird trio and dog trio were. The future generations continued this trend, and every official pokemon tournament follows the same rules.
>>
>>31076554
Legendaries are, for the most part, a cheap win button. If you play through an already pretty easy game with a win button, you're almost begging to be made fun of.
>>
File: feelsprettybad.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feelsprettybad.png
5KB, 645x773px
>>31076554
>Is it in yet?
>>
>>31077214
What a hollow bitch
>>
>>31077201
> Can't use favorite legendary Pokemon because other kids will belittle you for using an oober pogeyman
Really makes you think..
>>
>>31077220
Frosty bitch, too
>>
>>31077164
This. It's the Pokemon equivalent of using the intentionally overpowered but still playable boss character in fighting games. Mewtwo was the Super Turbo Akuma of RBY.
>>
>>31077016
But you're still 10.
>>
>>31077251
>>31077220
>>31077214
She keeps giving me the cold shoulder
>>
If you use legendary pokemon for the campaign, you need to git gud
If you use legendary pokemon for competitive play, you have started to git gud
>>
>>31076554
They're too good. People in competitive segregate them for a reason. Wanna fight that kid with 6 mega Rayquayquay?
>>
Its not
>>
>>31077551
If you use a starter for the campain you need to get good.
If you use a starter for competitive you have started to get good.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.