[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Nintendo has missed a trick by not releasing any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Do you think Nintendo has missed a trick by not releasing any amiibo with Sun/Moon?

Selling amiibos of the three starter pokémon seems so obvious to me. The in-game compatibility could have been something cool but not offensive to people who don't have the figures (maybe you get 5 random pokéballs each day you use the figure).

Why do you think Nintendo chose not to do this?
>>
File: 1472452220494.png (103KB, 500x281px)
1472452220494.png
103KB, 500x281px
>>31075008
Because we are GETting this:
>>
>Rowlet, Litten and Popplio amiibos are released at Sun/Moon launch
>Scanning them once per day gives you random Apricorn Pokeballs

Nintendo sells millions of them due to balltists on /vp/ and people just wanting to collect them.
>>
For the most part, game freak does not seem to care about amiibo.
They let Pokémon in Smash have them because they are obligated to, but those amiibo do very little outside of that.
They dont even do anything special for pokken despite some of those amiibo being of playable characters.
>>
>>31075034
Amiibo is less GF's area and more TPC.
Needless to say Nintendo probably wanted some functionality but they were having none of it. It's why you only get shirts in Wooly World and the Maker costumes have no special sounds.
>>
Pokemon has plenty of its own merchandise

amiibos also need some kind of game functionality and GF has implied they are against DLC for the series
>>
>>31075129
>Scan Amiibo
>get daily BP
There functionality with no "DLC"
>>
>>31075022
I remember seeing pictures of those but I forgot about what their deal was. Care to help me out?
>>
i think Nintendo has missed a trick by taking literally more than a year to develop Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta amiibo.
>>
Amiibo is awful
>>
>>31075198
Probably, like a lot of Nintendo things over the last year, put on hold to release with or around the Switch to give it more of a headstart than the WiiU had.
>>
>>31075008
>Nintendo
>not gamefreak
did you not hear about how they flipped their shit over Mario maker?
>>
The Pokemon Company doesn't seem to really care about their connection with Nintendo very much. They would rather make their own merchandise than collaborate.

Also, amiibo might bring negative attention to the games. This time around they pandered HARD to nostalgia fags that were re-introduced to Pokemon with Pokemon Go. amiibo confuse those people and also have a connection with Wii U, which most simple-minded folk on social media do not care for.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.