[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's definitely a lot of bullshit with SOS exclusive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: sosbattle2.jpg (25KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sosbattle2.jpg
25KB, 400x240px
There's definitely a lot of bullshit with SOS exclusive pollution, but you know what the worst part is? They commit the Cardinal sin of video games.
It's boring.
>>
HAs are worse. Found this bad boy after about 6 calls, Castform in 10. Didn't get an HA after 50 so I called it quits. Good lord if anyone want a fucking Geodude with an exclusive ability.
>>
fast forward option when GF
>>
>spend two hours trying to get Politoed
>never appears
I agree. Shit isn't even vaguely entertaining.
>>
Gen 7 was a mistake.
>>31069061
>>
>>31072845
>Geodude
I got one from wonder trade.
>>
Oh look, it's calling for help.... again.
>>
>>31072980
>help didn't appear!
>>
I don't mind it. I SOS chained at least 150 Bagons, maybe more, for a shiny one.
Totally worth it.
>>
>>31072824
Agreed. SOS should be rarer in normal gameplay, and easier when searching for it. Kinda like hordes. The fact that a 1HP adrenaline orb'd poke can STILL sometimes not call for help seems like a massive oversight. Not to mention
>it's help didn't appear!

I kinda like the idea, and the bonuses for long chains, but it feels so unpolished.
>>
>>31072824
At least nips hate the shit out of it so Gamefreak might tweak it a bit.

It's still fucking stupid that some of the new mons only appear through SOS. For fuck's sakes the region is supposed to showcase the new Pokemon not make them fade into the backgorund.
>>
So, just like in gen 5, people will simply hack.
>>
>>31073047
The only new mon that is SOS exclusive is Mareanie
>>
>>31073047
Really all they need to do is make Pokemon catchable when there's 2 on the field.
That's really why most people are annoyed by it, and there's no good reason for that limitation.
>>
Idunno
Objectively speaking it is a really boring and monotonous process, but I didn't hate it. I think its forgivable, as long as they continue to change it up in next gen.
>>
>>31072824

>HAs are restricted to SOS encounters only
>which means island scan mons can't have their hidden abilities
>Synchronize for Hidden Abilites only work for SOS when the Synchromon is still alive
>so getting the correct nature is an absol-ute bitch
>>not to mention that HAs only have a 15% chance of apperaring after a certian point
>and that every pokemon has a different SOS call ration (such as Drampa being very low and Jangmo-o being very high)

SOS makes me want to bang my head against the wall. And Gamefreak/TPCi wonders why people hack. They should have made it so that a Pokemon holding *specific held item* makes every pokemon encountered with its hidden ability, but you can only get that item postgame.
>>
>>31073097
But- It's impossible to aim when there are two targets!
>>
>>31073155
>Synchronize for Hidden Abilites only work for SOS when the Synchromon is still alive
Now this is you being an idiot. You get the HA then you breed/inject the nature.

SOS is shit, but you shouldn't make it shittier by your own inability to think.
>>
>>31073163
It'd be funny (read horrible and disappointing) if they let you catch mons in multi encounters, but they didn't let you aim and just caught one at random.
>>
>>31073172
>inject
What is the literal point to step one then?
>>
>>31073172

>And Gamefreak/TPCi wonders why people hack.

I think the moron is you because I simply just stated that you may as well hack with all the hoops and chutes you go through. And farming the HA but hacking the nature is just pure autism. You may as well go full inject at that point.
>>
>>31073080
You mean every gen
>>
>>31073209
>>31073211
There's people that doesn't inject from zero just not to mess up with legality issues like Beast Ball Porygon2, so they just make a single egg and modify its values, egg moves and hatch cycles.
>>
>>31072876
This post was a mistake.

>inb4 "l-l-le shill" meme
>>
>>31073038
>You cant use honey/sweet scent to summon 2 random pokemon at once just like it was somewhat with hordes.
>>
>>31073163
>kill one
>immediately summons another
>kill new ally
>kill new ally
>kill new ally
>uses Self-destruct

That's cool, shiny Geodude is ugly anyway
>>
>>31073519
have a pokemon with damp. its not that hard m8
>>
>>31073670
I would have if I was actually shiny hunting Geodudes. But this one I literally found while wandering around trying to find a Turtonator
>>
>>31073163
Colosseum and Gale of Darkness protagonists seem to have managed that just fine.
>>
>>31073163
A new pokeball, the double ball with a sophisticated built in targeting system so advanced you can just throw two at once and they'll take care of the rest.
>>
>>31073163

And yet, as long as there is only one pokemon, the trainer will NEVER. MISS.

That call for help sound count as using a move, they should not be able to do a move AND call for help on the same turn.
>>
just make it so that they can't call for help without adrenaline orb and with it there's no fucking retarded shit like didn't appear
also make balls throwable in doubles, like what the FUCK
>>
>>31072845
I agree, HAs are worse. While I had a lot of trouble with Castform (chaining for 4 fucking hours) it didn't feel as bad as it did with getting some mon with HA, due to the constant switching to a party member with worry seed.
>>
>>31074983
I forgot to add:
While I do think that getting the HA is often a pain in the ass, I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, since I think they shouldn't be too easy to obtain. Still, I'm not exactly looking forward to trying to get a HA Sandshrew.
>>
>>31072824
Didn't have any problems getting Mareanie or Sabeleye. Castform is giving me shit though.
>>
>>31072824
Not to mention the fact that you can't throw a Pokeball when there are two mons. I have replayed Colosseum before S/M came out and am now playing the sequel I can't mention because of retards and their memes. And I wonder why the protagonists of these games have no trouble aiming with two mons on the screen, while the MC's of the canon games have shit aim.

One might argue that the snag machine assists them in throwing, but the games only mention it allwoing them to steal Shadow Pokemon.
>>
>Try to catch fodder mon
>It keeps calling friends dragging the battle forever
>Try to chain
>It help didn't appear
>>
>>31072980
>Not using ghost Pokemon to nullify takedown so it's helpless
>>
File: emongabugs[1].png (145KB, 445x290px) Image search: [Google]
emongabugs[1].png
145KB, 445x290px
>>31074983
> Chaining Sandiles for Rough Skin Gabite

With Sandiles knowing shit like Embargo, Swagger, and Mud Slap. The Gabites they summon knowing Sand Tomb. That was hell.
>>
>>31075072
this
I mean alohan Marowak even comes with built in false swipe
>>
>Drizzle Pelipper appears
>Tanks Rock Slide and casts Whirlwind
>Calls another
>It starts spamming Hurricane and Hydro Pump while the first one Roost
>Then it's two of them unloading 100+ STABs at sanic speed
I've never been this rekt by a wild Pokemon. A fucking Pelipper especially.
>>
>>31074983
Why not just use pangoro? He gets false swipe, entrainment, and even HA Scrappy for goddamn phantump.
>>
>>31075047
Gale of darkness was so damn boring,
>>
>>31075086
Oh, thanks. It kinda escaped me to be honest, since I didn't play gen 6 and I'm still not fully getting how to utilize these pokemon.
>>
>>31075047
Is there ever any trainer with more than one shadow pokemon to snag at a time?

I don't recall there being any in colosseum, and I didn't like the game enough to play gale of darkness, so I honestly don't know, but if there is only ever at most one pokemon you could catch at any given time, that would probably be why.
>>
>>31074781
This. I hate it when everything is in place--status in place, life in the red, end of turn yet they call for help
>>
>>31075085
Try looking for a Jangmo-o with a Razor Claw in SOS battles, that's a fucking nightmare:
>using a Lv. ~45 A-Exeggcutor with Frisk to find one
>they keep spamming Work Up, Iron Defense and Screech
>Have to send out another Pokemon and one point, and the Hakamo-o summons one of its allies
>tfw Exeggcutor comes back out and Frisk detects one of them with a Razor Claw
>tfw I have to guess which one has it
I got the claw in the end, but never again
Getting Politoed was less of a hassle than that
>>
>>31072858
>spend over an hour trying to get Pichu (5%)
>shit never appears
>walk through grass unintentionally
>find Stufful (5%)

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31075123
In GoD there are multiple trainers with more than one Shadow Pokemon
>>
>>31075189
I've been doing almost the same thing, but I normally keep a fairy like mimikyu or primarina in to kill off the new one, then switch in exegguctor to frisk only for 1 turn when a new one shows up.

If you keep the original jangmo-o there after being false swiped down, it keeps it really easy to tell which one has the razor claw.

I did almost the same thing for politoed except I used a damp stone drizzle pelliper to keep the rain going whenever it faded. Only problem there is that the politoeds that spawn have perish song and tend to use it as their first or second move, so you gotta paralyze them or sleep them quickly.
>>
>>31075246
>trying to find fucking abras
>dozens of pichus
>no adamant abras
>>
>>31075080
Just do trapinch, silly
>>
>>31075189
>use a compound eyes butterfree with thief to get a razor claw
>keep ging for an hour
>finally realize that the butterfree is still holding an item it stole earlier

I can't believe how retarded I can be.
>>
File: 1416422899568.png (1MB, 1301x698px) Image search: [Google]
1416422899568.png
1MB, 1301x698px
>>31075123
Colosseum trainers only ever have one shadow pokemon, but halfway through GoD nearly every trainer with a shadow pokemon will have at least two

Bosses will eventually start having three, the penultimate boss has four, and the final boss has a full fucking team of six, three of which are legendaries
>>
File: IMG_3264.jpg (20KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3264.jpg
20KB, 236x177px
>>31075246
>Trying to capture a Happiny
>It only appears in SOS from Pichu and Bonsly
>Spend 10 minutes to find a Pichu
>Use Adrenaline Orbs to make things quicker
>Pichu isn't calling for help after a shit ton of turns wasting to lower all its stats.
>Get mad and decide to kill it.
>Spend even more time to look for another Pichu
>This one is calling for help a lot.
>Pichu are the only ones appearing
>Keep defeating a lot of Pichu's
>30 minutes later until something else finally comes.
>A fucking Pikachu
>This make me so pissed I defeated it and decided to try GTS
>Tapus, Solgagelo, UBs
>Found a reasonable Pokémon.
>Pikachu
>>
>>31075445
Why wouldn't you just get the in game trade for a pancham out in tapu village?
>>
File: IMG_3265.jpg (73KB, 591x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3265.jpg
73KB, 591x425px
>>31075457
>>31075445
Cont.
>Find out you can get a Happiny by trading it for a Pancham.
>Make the trade
>Got Happini
>Raise Happini's friendship in Pokepelago for 12 hrs because it was night time.
>Level her up while holding the Oval stone.
>Happini evolved into Chansey
>Finally

>Pokémon battle
>Anon sent Happini
>What.
>Just noticed that the bitch who I traded with, nickname her happiny "happini"
>My autism is triggered because everytime I see Chansey, she will be called Happini.
>This was the last straw.
>I don't want to breed a Happiny anymore.
>I actually just lost all my interest in the whole evolution line.
>It was also my last Oval Stone.
>>
>>31072845
I realized I'm not gonna realistically bravely to get HA geodude/graveler until I can bank in a Damp Quagsire ... I got a castform in about 10 mins... just activate hail in Malie Garden or Rain in Tapu village... it's more likely to appear in an unnatural weather condition
>>
>>31075146
>status in place
>yet they call for help

Not possible, stop shitposting
>>
>>31072824
>pokemon games
>having mind-numbingly dull features
it's like you've never bred for ivs, soft reset or ev trained before
>>
>>31075619
the story on how anon gave up on pokémon
>>
>>31075751
previous features being shit does not excuse new ones continuing to be shit, or old ones never being fixed
>>
>>31075098
Take that back
>>
>>31073097
>all they need to do is make Pokemon catchable when there's 2 on the field
This is the absolute truth.
>>
>>31073209
>>31073211
Did you both get so triggered by seeing the word inject that you completely missed that he also said you should BREED for the nature? It's completely idiotic to try and synchronize a Pokemon while you SOS chain it for its HA. Complete waste of time. Synchronizing in SOS is dumb to begin with, for the aforementioned reasons with HA, and if you're chaining for a shiny, you already can't guarantee or even remotely influence its IVs or Ability, so just give up on trying to make it "good". Suck it up and breed if you want it to be good. If you just want the shiny as a trophy then stop overcomplicating it.
>>
File: 406.jpg (73KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
406.jpg
73KB, 604x453px
>>31075080
Holy fuck you've got more luck than me. I spent 5 (FIVE) hours in that fucking desert and after going through 20 or so gabites (one who actually did have Rough Skin but proceeded to kill itself with take down) I gave up after I found a Shiny Sandile and just caught that motherfucker and left.

It'd be a lot better is SOS exclusive mons could call their own fucking kind to help just so you aren't wasting time with some bullshit mon you don't actually give a fuck about
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.