[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

these are the best games in the series, why arent they getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (236KB, 303x424px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
236KB, 303x424px
these are the best games in the series, why arent they getting sequels?
>>
Because they aren't the best games in the series.
>>
>>31062137
Shit opinion. It does everything the mainline games do but better.
>>
>>31062150
this
>>
>XD
Fuck off
>>
>>31062118

Because they're not very good.
>>
Because they sold like shit
>>
>>31062118
ignore all the uncultivated degenerate faggots who say its not goodthe reason why there is no sequel to it or an omake is because those games are not made by gamefreak and the company who did this hasn't picked it up again.
>>
I LOVE these games, but i wouldnt say theyre the best. I wish they would make another one similar to it
>>
>best music
>best gen
>best spread of available pokemon
>perfect 3d models
>those move effects
>team cipher had the coolest outfits
>>
>these are the best games
>only posts one game
What did he mean by this?
>>
Well they weren't amazing and they didn't sell well, but we do need more main console games that use full 3D. I'm still waiting for a proper 3D arena-style Pokemon game.
>>
>>31062194

The Game Cube (aka lunchbox) wasn't popular to begin with.
>>
>>31062336
shame too. gamecube controller was comfy as hell and had some of the best games
>>
>>31062118
fuck off orrectum
>>
File: 1481241047719.jpg (184KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481241047719.jpg
184KB, 1024x768px
>>31062244
Colosseum and XD are always hand-in-hand
>>
Mistery dungeon are the only spin off sell well, the rest failed
>>
>>31062542
>current year
>being chinese
>>
File: dlu57823.jpg (100KB, 1464x712px) Image search: [Google]
dlu57823.jpg
100KB, 1464x712px
>>31062411

Very much, it was a decent system too, but it was all Nintendo marketing. They should have picked a different color and got rid of the handle
>>
>>31062571
silver gamecube best gamecube
>>
File: 1482431680840.jpg (153KB, 640x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1482431680840.jpg
153KB, 640x1092px
Because GF realized GS could actually make a good Pokemon Game, so out of bitter jealousy they set things up to where they'd be developing Shuffle for the rest of eternity.
Also because normies would complain about the game being too complicated and hard if every battle was a double battle.
>>
>>31062700
double battles are fun!
FUN!
>>
>>31062169
>shit

I prefer a story over playing the same game rehashed every four years.

>>31062150
This. It's a proper evolution of the series.
>>
>>31062700
>>31062930
You joke, but I legitimately remember people complaining about how ALL of the battles in these games were double battles, because they hated those for some reason back then.

I just look at that period of time and laugh... and then I get sad because I doubt we'll ever get games like them again. I mean unless Nintendo/GF lets western studios make pokemon games or something.
>>
File: tumblr_mfmmd1n48e1rphoqvo1_400.gif (570KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfmmd1n48e1rphoqvo1_400.gif
570KB, 320x214px
>>31062234
>miror B
>>
>>31063255
miror b.s gale of darkness theme will always be the best battle theme out of any pokemon game
>>
>>31063275
https://youtu.be/zCl1gwX_CVA
>>
>>31063275
His theme from colosseum is iconic to me. The feeling of that aong while the rain poured and the ludicolo danced
>>
>>31062118
For some strange reason, sun and moon almlst felt like a kind of return to it. Can't really explain it very well, it was just a feeling sorta thing.
>>
>>31063385
probably because they deviated from the norm of pokemon games, even if a different way
also
>Trainer sprites in battles
>>
>>31062118
because there's no point, pokemon's already in 3d.
>>
>>31063515
youre thinking of stadium
i want a game about stealing pokemon from criminals again
>>
>>31063385
Let's see.
>Villain is met early appearing to be a very good and beneficial person
>Trainers unlocking the power of their Pokemon
>Seeing trainers in battle
>Aether Foundation looks like it belonged to Cipher at some point, similar white/shiny/clean motifs
>the underground has a different sound and the elevator feels like colosseum
>Two evil sources working together, one has the resources while the other does the dirty work
>Faba looks like he walked straight out of Cipher
>Sun reminds you of Michael
>Plot ends with someone giving in to the darkness and showing their "true form"
>Something is VISIBLY wrong with Lusamine's Pokemon in the last battle - iirc Clefable's eyes were half open like it was under a spell
Who's to say the means for creating Shadow Pokemon didn't also come from Ultra Space?
>>
>>31062118
They should remake them as main games and call them Pokémon Citrine and Pokémon Amethyst.

In Citrine/Amethyst 1 the female option is Rui, who becomes the badass ex-Team Snaggem while Wes becomes the casual dude made kidnap victim.

In Citrine 2 and Amethyst 2 they could not only make Shadow Lugia an actual forme, but they could also return Primal Dialga from Mystery Dungeon and Shadow Mewtwo from Pokken Tournament and have them be canon Shadow formes of Dialga and Mewtwo, XD002 and XD003. Heck they could even fucking make a Shadow Kecleon that would've served as the prototype (XD000) to the others, just to bring back the Purple Kecleon as well. PLUS we'd get a new female character to play as beside Michael. Badass snagger Kris, anyone?
>>
>>31063624
>Sun reminds you of Michael
He really doesn't. As in REALLY doesn't.

>Something is VISIBLY wrong with Lusamine's Pokemon in the last battle - iirc Clefable's eyes were half open like it was under a spell
No, her Pokémon just have permanent angry eyes. The same angry eyes they make when you touch their no-no spot in Refresh for too long. They're just angery.

>Who's to say the means for creating Shadow Pokemon didn't also come from Ultra Space?
This is retarded beyond comparison.
>>
File: Purity Ho-Oh.png (372KB, 1705x1838px) Image search: [Google]
Purity Ho-Oh.png
372KB, 1705x1838px
>>31063637
If it means we get an opposite Ho-Oh forme to counter Shadow Lugia, then HECK YES PLEASE. I always wanted Ho-Oh to be the one who purified the shadow Pokémon instead of Celebi, but it never happened :^(
>>
Remember the best intros for a pokemon game ever? Blowing up a base, stealing experimental tech, riding off on a motorcycle? Fuck that was great.

eXtra Darkness had a cool intro if only because of the implications of shadow lugia just flat out killing all of the sailors and tossing the boat into a DESERT... Also that reminds me, how the fuck does Pokemon Arizona have so many ports?
>>
>>31063624
It really is the 2 teams working together, one of which is a bumbling group with the attackjng sode of things and the other that is masquerading as "good guys" but later as bad guys. This is really the main feel of it.
Also, Gonzap is probably Kukui's father.
>>
>>31063681
First one was a stretch even for me, their expressions are similar enough For me to take a stab in the dark.
Third one was similar and more of a silly suggestion.
But the middle one? It's like her Pokemon were also under Nihilego's control. It was a nice touch. It echoed the control of whatever sealed the hearts of the Shadow Pokemon.
>>
>>31063833
>Gonzap is probably Kukui's father.
Dubs confirm
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.