[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Confining yourself to the Autism Box Why? Do people really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: pan.png (500KB, 691x370px) Image search: [Google]
pan.png
500KB, 691x370px
>Confining yourself to the Autism Box

Why? Do people really do this? It's FAR easier to just run around in circles to the left of the girl, that way you don't have to fuck around with getting on/off Tauros to access the PC/girl.
>>
>>31059928
Either way, it's completely fucked and a direct downgrade to last gen's breeding. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>31059928
It's called a hugbox.
>>
>>31059928
Except it's not, in the box you can barely and very slowly circle the pad and you'll still be going no problem.

Have fun breaking your pad.

>>31059960
It's been autism box since d1 my tumblerino friend.
>>
>>31059928
Back into the box, OP! Who the hell let you out? That egg is not going to hatch by you posting on 4chan.
>>
Confession: I admit I used the autism box for about 30 eggs before I realized it was retarded and inneficent
>>
I usually just ride up and down the route directly south of that. Why the fuck would anybody stay in that fucking box?
>>
Yeah I run in circles to the side of them too. Much faster for me. Never been a fan of calling it the "autism" box eitherI have a conscience. sue me Rodeo box sounds better desu
>>
>>31060062

fun box

RNG box
>>
I just collect a ton of eggs (like 2 boxes), and when I don't feel like collecting more eggs, I go to the autism box. Otherwise I just run around in circles.
>>
it's called the naughty bull corner
>>
I just collected a box or two of eggs while hatching the first batch, then fly to a location I'd like it to say they hatched in. I don't do balltism, but I hatch in a location that makes sense for said Pokemon, have since I started breeding. Anyone else, or do people not care that much?
>>
>>31059948

Rodeo Simulator >>>>> Bike Simulator
>>
>>31059928
man, I just go down the road with all 5 eggs and Taurus left and right in the city
>>
>>31060159
I've at least always thought about doing that.
>>
>>31060159
I swap bred for a shiny Rowlet and made sure to hatch it in the cemetery so I know the deal. Luckily power saves let me change the ball at will so I don't have to be triggered every time I catch something with a non aesthetic ball
>>
I just run in circles near the grill, is the box better?
>>
>>31060175
Bike sim was easier, AND there were o-powers.
>>
>>31060159
waste of time, the hatch location isn't even something you see without specifically looking at it
>>
>>31060224
egg hatching is shorter in this game anyway
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvwqK2gn3S0
>>
Autists on this board will argue about anything.
>>
>>31060246
I'd take longer hatches over having to actively pay attention and use both hands.
>>
>>31060159
I used to do this for some Pokemon. but with the autism box, now that they can all say hatched at the Ranch, I'm not going to bother to do it anymore.
>>
I already wrecked my circle pad once, I ain't going to put unnecessary repeated motions anymore with it so I just do long runs across the area instead of confining to the autism box.
>>
>>31060269
>he can't rocknrodeo with his pinky finger on the circle pad and index on the B

fuckin casuals
>>
File: 1482862210655.png (331KB, 691x370px) Image search: [Google]
1482862210655.png
331KB, 691x370px
Deposit the pokemon you want eggs from.

Run pic related for...about eight laps (antecdotally seems to be the appropriate amount of steps to do the egg check) check for egg.

Repeat previous until satisfied.

Fletchinder@Smokeball just in case those dugtrio get frisky.

Charizard to Poni Plains.

Tauros up and down the gauntlet smashing the rocks picking up all the star pieces, star dusts, and comet shards.

After the first egg hatches, immediately charizard back to either a center, or the ranch.

Sell treasures, buy clothes and/or EV vitamins.

The rest of the eggs will hatch before you can reach the PC via walking.
>>
File: True Egg Collecting.png (459KB, 691x369px) Image search: [Google]
True Egg Collecting.png
459KB, 691x369px
Nigga just run figure eights so that the end of every loop is right in front of the breeder. That way you can instantly pick up your egg and continue the cycle.
>>
>>31060225
I mean yeah its a waste of time but that sorta implies any part of breeding isn't just a time sink.
>>
File: autism box.gif (2MB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
autism box.gif
2MB, 560x430px
>>31060426
That's just tedious
>>
>>31059928
Why the fuck couldn't they make Tauros keep running when it hits a wall instead of stopping? It would make breeding so much easier.
>>
>>31060485
I think that's precisely why.
>>
>>31060470
Tedious, but kills two birds with one stone. Raise money while hatching eggs.

If you don't care about raising money, modify. Just run the grass loop and check for an egg every eight laps.

You may run into a situation where you're getting more eggs than you can hatch. At this point you can exploit the Hot Springs in the Pelago. (This is if you reach a point where you have 5 eggs in party, and 21 eggs in box)
>>
>>31060470
But at least with balltism you can get the satisfaction of seeing your "accomplishment" at all times
>>
>>31060538
Pelago takes days to hatch eggs. You sound one of those terrible youtube videos that give awful backwards advice.
>>
File: mad.png (57KB, 204x320px)
mad.png
57KB, 204x320px
>>31060499
>Tauros simulator
>>
>>31060485
That's exactly why, friendo. Otherwise you could just do the ol' penny trick, which I'm sure GF was against. Generally, designers like it when you actually play their games.

Mind you, I think breeding is time consuming as well, but that's one of the aspects of a game - to waste time.
>>
>>31060565
I specifically said the Pelago is for a situation where your mons lay eggs faster than you can hatch them, but you want to keep hatching.

I mis typed, though, I said 21 in box, I meant 23 in box.

This means you can end up with 5 eggs in party, another serviceable 5 in box, plus a full 18 for the hot springs.
>>
>>31060565
You're doing it wrong
>>
>>31059928
I'd MUCH rather keep breeding gen 1-6 mons in OR/AS, where I have easy access to O-Powers, and don't risk breaking my Circle Pad even further. I'll get my IV'd gen 7 mons some other way :^)
>>
>>31060565
>days
12 hours with beans unless you use something a 10k step egg
>>
I'm suprised not many people run in an 8 formation infront of the girl. It just as practical as the other two and I feel like it minimizes the risks of the circle pad coming off.
>>
I get my eggs, fly to the Pokemon League and run up and down that path that leads to the Elite 4. Feels comfy seeing long ass stretch of land.

Just don't run up near the guys or you'll trigger their text.
>>
>>31059988
>It's been autism box since d1 my tumblerino friend.
Begging you to lurk more
>>
>>31059928
In the autism you can just sloooowly circle the pad and still get the same results. It's far healthier both for your thumb AND for your pad.
>>
>>31060426
>checking for egg
Just look if the girl crossed her arms, that's a dead giveaway
>>
>>31060915
And that's the exactly the situation you may want to use the pelago?
>>
>>31060426
You'll get so much money while levelling up your mons there's no reason to even bother racking them up manually.
>>
>>31061632
Huh...learn something new every day.

Thank you.
>>
>>31060159
I did this when I was a kid
>>
>>31061662
I-is this how it works?
>>
>>31060636
>>31060915
>but you want to keep hatching
And it's retarded. In the time you spend opening the Pelago and putting the eggs in you could've hatched a two or three eggs already. If you are breeding for IVs, you want to know what the eggs contain NOW, not in dozens of hours later. The only situation in which you'd use the Pelago for eggs is when you have leftovers you don't care about.
>>
>>31061700
One E4 trip + Amulet Coin gets you enough money for 10 EV Vitamins (with a little change), which is only enough to get one stat of one mon to 100 EVs.

You're right, it's not strictly necessary, especially since SOS chaining + the power item buffs make EV training the easiest it's ever been. However, making money is at least making the task feel less like I'm wasting my time, and I can afford clothes quicker.

>>31061720 this was meant as a reply to >>31061662 instead. Misclick of the century.
>>
>>31061815
yep. in any game with breeding, the person who gives you your eggs stands differently when an egg hatches
>>
>>31061816
There is exactly one other reason for pelago hatching other than something to do with your spares - giving eggs to people such that they're one step from hatching, if they want bred pokemon that have their ID and whatnot (say, you're giving something to someone near the beginning of the game. Or they just have some THING about trainer IDs).
>>
>>31059928
i usually run in circle in front of the resort in the town right down
>>
Gamefreak boggles my mind.

They give you all this extra shit to make breeding more streamlined and not as tedious, but at the end of the day, it's still a mind-numbing exercise in time wasting. There's no skill involved in this. Just RNG and following guides like a monkey.

Fuck GF. They get rid of HM's but keep this backwards system you NEED to participate in if you want to have a chance of winning online, against people that take the even easier (but still convoluted and tedious) route of "cheating."

This is why I use Showdown.
>>
>>31060343
>he isn't using pinky on B and index on circle pad

terrible, just terrible
>>
>>31060159
I only do that for mons I'm actually going to use.

Also this >>31060034
>>
>>31061842
Use the gift Snorlax with Happy Hour. You get 200k per run that way.
>>
>>31059948
>>31060224

This gen is the fastest at hatching eggs wtf are you talking about? Use a clothes pin to hold down the B button run in circles with tauros. Tauros hatches eggs at the rate of an O power 3 and the breeder looks like she has an egg everytime that very instant rather then guessing if they have an egg from XY and ORAS. Since eggs come faster build a box up while you grab eggs at the same time. Set the Party/Box in settings to automatic and button mode to L=A and you can hatch and grab eggs with one hand. I normally hatch a box of eggs in 30 minutes doing this. That's about 2 boxes an hour.
>>
>>31060062
>Translation: I am an easily offended autist.
>>
>>31063434
I like that clothes pin idea.
>>
>>31063434
>>31063765
I use a binder clip
>>
After discovering egg hatching on Avue I haven't gone back. I can get 18 eggs at a time and then work on leveling up other mons while I wait. I also don't have to be playing for it to work.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.