[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT most disappointing moments of your Pokemon career For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 290px-Battle_Tower_RS.png (97KB, 290x285px) Image search: [Google]
290px-Battle_Tower_RS.png
97KB, 290x285px
>ITT most disappointing moments of your Pokemon career

For me it was the postgame of Ruby/Sapphire, or lack thereof. I wasn't necessarily expecting to go back to Kanto, I just would have liked any postgame at all. I didn't know anything about the game before I played it, so when I beat the Elite Four and got the S.S. Tidal ticket I was really hyped up expecting it to take me to a whole new region to explore, only to find out it's some small ass island with a Battle Tower. That was probably one of the most disappointing moments of my life. At least FRLG made up for it with the Sevii Islands, but I never played Emerald until years later because of how much the original RS disappointed me.

How about you guys?
>>
This is why OR/AS has no postgame either. After Delta Episode, there is a shoddy Battle Resort, and then the legendaries. that's it.
>>
File: 1482844669997.jpg (70KB, 470x740px) Image search: [Google]
1482844669997.jpg
70KB, 470x740px
>ranting about an outdated kids game
>>
ruby/sapphire, and when i saw the additions in emmerald i started hating game freak :^)
>>
>>31057669
welcome to /vp/
>>
>>31057630
>He thinks Silver/Gold/Crystal's postgame was good.
>>
>>31057680
Anyone who isn't a contrarian autistic hipster like yourself knows gen 2 postgame is good. And the remakes are even better.
>>
>>31057680
I don't, but at least it had one, and I was expecting the sequel to improve on it.
>>
Ruby and Sapphire in general was my biggest disappointment as a kid but the awful post game sealed the deal for me.
It's amazing how hard Emerald had to work to salvage the mess that was gen3.
>>
I was disappointed by RS in the same way. No new types, no returning old regions, no retrocompatibility. I guess GSC set the bar too high.

Also, the new EV system made pokemon look weaker in comparison.
>>
>>31057737
>No new types

You don't add new types just to add new types.

>no returning old regions

It seems you missed the entire point of Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>31057737
I don't know about EVs, but I have to admit that despite my initial disappointment with the third generation, overhauling the IV system and adding a separate personality value was a good idea (though I didn't find out about that until years later), as well as abilities. Natures can fuck off though.
>>
>>31057751
>It seems you missed the entire point of Ruby and Sapphire.
It's not about missing the point. Not everyone liked that it was a semi-reboot.
>>
>>31057630
>my gen 2 bros are forever stuck
>>
>>31057707
The remakes are good. But the originals are garbage-tier. Kanto is a boring wasteland and the only highlight is fighting Red at the end in GSC.
>>
Kanto in GSC was the worst "post game". It only a trip down memory lane but every store you loved closed and people you knew have left town
>>
>>31058949
I agree. It was a neat concept at the time but it had some problems in retrospect. However, it was still miles above the Ruby/Sapphire postgame, which wasn't good with or without nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>31058958
I wasn't a big fan of the Safari Zone Warden so I didn't have too many problems with it
>>
>>31058958
It's very nostolgic and interesting to see how time has passed and how the world has changed

Like new gym leaders or a volcanic eruption
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.