[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Starter Pokemon can (almost) never be found in the wild,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Kanto_starters_I.png (179KB, 529x294px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_starters_I.png
179KB, 529x294px
>Starter Pokemon can (almost) never be found in the wild, with no known wild locations and even being deemed as very rare because you can't naturally find them, having to resort to trading with other players instead
>Given to new trainers as their first Pokemon despite their rarity, and how they often are very useful and powerful Pokemon that will become some of the best in the region
Are starter Pokemon made rare because they're often given to so many new trainers, or are they naturally extremely rare and given to only a select few trainers (read: millions of trainers if we apply other players as in-game trainers) to begin with?
Are they powerful and rare in numbers purely by nature, and therefor are deemed as being highly valuable for new trainers to begin with for their potential power, or are they forced into scarcity because their powerful nature makes them highly desirable to be given as starters (ie, keep the "demand" high and create false scarcity)?
Where do any of them come from, and how do professors get so many of them? Why not keep them for researching or to protect such a rare species and help them repopulate to raise their numbers? And if they're in such remote and protected places that make them extremely rare, why take them from there in the first place and give them to small children as their first Pokemon rather than some more common basic Pokemon?

This is all assuming that other actual players act as actual trainers in the in-game world, but if the in-game logic is that only a very select few of trainers have these starter types then that just raises further stress to the last couple of questions.
>>
>>31056455
I think it's because they've been bred to be extremely domesticated to make an ideal first Pokémon for a new trainer.
>>
They're all in captivity of the local professors
>>
>>31056666
First post has an acceptable answer AND quads, good job.
>>
>>31056455
They're a gameplay mechanic. Don't look into it further, you won't find an answer.
>>
>>31056827
There will always be autists to over-analyze small details that sum down to "because video games", and today that autist is me.
>>
>>31056666
Quads confirm it
>>
>>31056455
It's even worse if their dex entry implies that they can be found in the wild in packs.
>>
>>31058053
As of Sun and Moon they exist in the wild, via island scan.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.