[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled can we all agree that--oh who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: Black and White.jpg (159KB, 1357x588px) Image search: [Google]
Black and White.jpg
159KB, 1357x588px
So now that the dust has settled can we all agree that--oh who am i kidding, the dust never fucking settles! Fuck you guys, these games were great.

N was great, the pokemon were cool, gen 1 mons are overrated and bland, the story was good, and the linearity its accused of is in almost every mon game. Eat my ass you contrarian fucks, post game is canon, etc, etc.

You have my permission to make this a waifu thread, i don't give a shit anymore.
>>
File: 1478554351086.png (56KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1478554351086.png
56KB, 380x380px
>>31051257
>N was great
he really wasn't but okay, it's your opinion
>the pokemon were cool
eh...50/50
>gen 1 mons are overrated and bland
gen 1 overall is overrated and bland, I thought this was already known
>the story was good
about as good as a Pokemon story can be. Sun and Moon was about the same quality.

I get you have nostalgia for this game but it's got flaws just like every other Pokemon game. it'll always remain a divided opinion because it attempted to reboot the franchise same with ruby and sapphire.
>>
>>31051257
If unovabortions are old enough to post here now, then that means that in a couple of years kalosperm are going to flood /vp/. It appears we are seeing the end of /vp/, as soon, this will turn into a circlejerk of the 2 worst generations.
>>
>>31051404
>nostalgia
No, I don't. Assuming that I like something you dislike solely because of nostalgia make you come off as an ass hat, especially when Johto was my first region. It's the one of the few mon games besides SM I can play constantly without getting bored.
>>
File: meowth that's right.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
meowth that's right.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>this will turn into a circlejerk of the 2 worst generations
but hoennbabbies and sinnohfetuses are already here
>>
What are the chances of an BW3 when the time of gen 5 remake comes?
>>
>>31051704
literally never. the games are too polarizing
>>
agreed OP
>>
>>31051763
t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-thank you for your validation,senpai, i really needed it.
>>
>>31051257
>and the linearity its accused of is in almost every mon game
No, it's not. BW doesn't even have backtracking.
>>
>>31051916
...is that a bad thing? you can criticize a lot of things about Gen V, but this one makes the least sense.
>>
>>31051732
yeah people either have black or white opinions about it
>>
>>31051938
yeah, there's usually no grey area
>>
>>31051989
>>31051938
you two gave me cancer.
>>
>>31051929
>is that a bad thing?
Yes. I like backtracking because it makes the game progression more complex and immersive. Instead of just going to the next city you're supposed to go to a place with an actual objective, just like an actual adventure. You would never "just go to the next city" in an actual adventure. That's lazy design.
>>
>>31052033
???
That's just your opinion, I guess, plenty of classic RPGs do the town to town thing and people love them.
>>
>>31052052
People have shit taste then
>>
>>31052063
>everyone's opinion is shit except for mine!
okay, Squidward
>>
>>31051257
>they made hilbert canon over hilda

It's shit.
>>
>>31052277
but hilbert is cool
>>
all the Pokémon from this gen look like a fakemon game (not saying they are bad but y'know) otherwise they just looked like reimaginings of popular pkmn no bully plz
>>
Easily the most boring generation. Can't wait to skip it when I replay all the games.
>>
>>31051257
You're right OP. I started with Gen III, but Gen V is my favorite Gen. Getting to only use and see new Pokémon as well as the huge number of new mons is what made this the best Gen for me.
>>
File: 56.jpg (35KB, 750x413px) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
35KB, 750x413px
>>31052574
>Can't wait to skip it
>>
>Had to completely re-release the games with a bunch of features stolen from hacks to make them bearable to play
>Dumb goys actually got tricked into buying an entire generation a second time

Absolutely embarrassing, easily the worst work Gamefreak has produced.
>>
>>31052626
it's called bait, anon
>>
>>31052631
i disagree, but respect your opinion
>>
I really like that they had 100% new Pokémon during the main game. It's kind of annoying how many gen 1 Pokémon you run into in SM.
>>
>>31052658
>anyone who disagrees with me is baiting!

Cancer.
>>
File: 1453661583559.jpg (529KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453661583559.jpg
529KB, 1500x1000px
>>31052555
I assume they were supposed to have a wildly different flair because they're "American".

>>31052676
Agreed.
>>
>>31052692
>i can't wait to NOT play this game
>not bait to start a gen war
anon, are you autistic?
>>
>>31052676

The flaw with S/M's distribution is that for some reason the really great new Pokemon have a 5% appear chance while the fucking prior gen inclusions are like 30%.
>>
>>31052676
>>31052714

That was honestly the worst part because a lot of people enjoy playing with their new and old favorites, and if you're going to have a generation with 100% new Pokes, there has to at least be a few decent ones to like. I didn't even finish it until that romhack that fixed the distribution of Pokemon came out it was so uninteresting to play.
>>
>>31052722
>I can't accept others not having the same opinion as me!
>if they do, they're starting a genwar!

No, but I'm pretty sure you are.
>>
>all the lost functionality because the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi servers are shut down
This goes up there as one of the most retarded things a company has done.
>>
>>31052761
>implying it's about his opinion and not how he said it
i think you might be low functioning.
>>
>>31052807
There are people who will disagree with you, no matter how much you call bait. Anyone with an IQ over 70 knows this is common sense.
>>
>>31052631
your post sucks pokemon rules 4 life oh by the way to all pokemon haters dont mess whit me messing whit me is the worst idea ever to come in your short life i started school and in less than a month i was in the social workers office for harrassin and fightin so dont piss me off.
>>
>tfw gen 5 is second favorite gen after 1

I don't fit in with the kids on this board. I don't see why there is so much tention between 'genwunners' and people who like BW/2. This felt like playing RB all over again having nothing but unfamiliar pokemon to catch and battle. It felt like all the stuff I wanted pokemon to become was finally coming true after gens 2-4 just sort of treaded water.
>>
>>31051533
>If unovabortions are old enough to post here now
shit meme, Unovabortions have been here since the beginning. Sorry that you're too new to realize it.
>>
File: Scolipede gotta go fast.jpg (377KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Scolipede gotta go fast.jpg
377KB, 1080x1920px
I started with Gen 1 but like Gen 5 the most and am probably older than most of the kids shouting about "unovabortions" and "sinnohfetuses" and other such bullshit.

I really appreciated Gen 5's fresh take on everything, and while not all the new Pokemon looked good, I liked having an entirely new dex, even though I wouldn't want it to happen again. I just wish newer games would focus more on the new ones and less on the Kanto ones. It's been my gripe with Johto since the very beginning even as a child.
>>
>>31054492
Yes, and well over half of them were underage, and that probably includes you, too. Your point?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.