/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you run this thing? Bulky set up? Mixed attacker? Trapper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: decidueye_by_hftran-dan3l0v.png (206KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye_by_hftran-dan3l0v.png
206KB, 900x674px
How do you run this thing?

Bulky set up?
Mixed attacker?
Trapper?

I want to breed one but have no idea what nature to go for.
>>
>>31050046
you run it by boxing it
>>
>>31050046
Decidueye @Oran Berry
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Gentle
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
~ Leafage
~ U-turn
~ Sleep Talk
~ Haze
Perfect for Ubers because Darkrai will try and use dark void on you. Oran berry helps you survive the 2hko from Arceus-Bug's U-turn.
>>
>>31050046
look at its stats
look at its movepools
look at your meta or whats popular on battle spot

Then build around that.
>>
>>31050046
no speed
>>
Why is veepee so useless?
Don't @ my thread if you aren't going to contribute anything worthwhile.
>>
>>31050046
Opee, the best way to use it is to run a guaranteed Spirit Shackle for trapping, then a choice of coverage move (I would say Brave Bird, but Leaf Blade works as well), possibly Haze or a boosting move, and then U-Turn or Baton Pass.

EVs will mostly be defensive oriented, I'd say 252 in HP, maybe around 108 in Atk, and then the rest into whichever defensive stat suits you.

From there, your item will most likely be Leftovers, but you can use a niche item like Decidium Z if you want a stronger finishing move, or maybe even a Rocky Helmet.
>>
Why is OP such a faggot?
Don't post on my veepee if you aren't going to contribute anything worthwhile.
>>
>>31050046
hacking with Speed Boost ala Blaziken
>>
>>31050129
>Leafage
Why?
>>
>>31050648
The opponent never sees it coming. You need to be unpredictable to win.
>>
File: absolutely stupid.png (116KB, 238x326px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely stupid.png
116KB, 238x326px
>>31050672
I'd understand using a move with 40 basepower if it's fakeout or used on something with technitan, but this is just the desperation of an owlfag to make their shitmon work
>>
>>31050988
I'm pretty sure its just someone shitposting by posting an obviously terrible set
>>
>>31051004
>I was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>31050170
Sub-1800 OU here,

Here's what I use:

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
- Spirit Shackle
- Roost
- Defog
- Baton Pass/U-turn/Toxic

Decidueye is a support. Understand that he's 100% a support. Offensive is "meh". Decidueye is good, but he's primarily a support. There really isn't any other way around this. Decidueye is a support, he can block rapid spin and remove entry hazards very efficiently. Spirit shackle can be abused as well if you want to trap an opponent and then use baton-pass/u-turn to bring in someone to take out the threat. Pick your own fights.

4chan has 0 fucking clue how to do competitive. And false-flagging retards will tell you it isn't viable at all. Ignore them and learn how to utilize your favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>31051162
This
>>
>>31051017
>I took the joke too seriously and now need a copout
>>
>>31051162
>Baton Pass
>on a set with no boosts it can pass
>>
>>31051017
I was just pretending to be retarded? That was my first fucking post in the thread. I'm just pointing out that someone else was just pretended to be retarded and you took it way too seriously
>>
>>31051283
>Forgetting that Baton pass is used for fucking Pursuit trappers

Come on man this is basic 1300 shit. Celebi does the same shit.
>>
>>31051283
Hello, shitter.
>>
>>31051162
But is Decidueye offensive or support? I'm not sure.
>>
First you take Decidnumaleye and box it.

Then you wait for HA Incineroar and Primarina who might actually do well competitively.
>>
File: tumblr_oikd774vAC1rvq8s8o3_1280.png (431KB, 1280x1760px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oikd774vAC1rvq8s8o3_1280.png
431KB, 1280x1760px
>>
>>31051162
>Baton Pass
I understand where you're going with this, but I thought Passing trapping effects was removed in Gen 5?

I can understand if you want to use a slow/bulky pass/swap into a counter/check otherwise, though.
>>
>>31052564
Someone please explain to me what the fuck Decidueye has to do with numales aside from retarded memers clinging to whatever funny epic buzzword they see tossed around on 4chan.
>>
>>31053395
From what I can understand the logic is
>Redittors like Decidueye
>Redditors are numels
>Therefore Decidueye is a numel
or something retarded like that.
>>
>>31051162
Wait, is he a support or not?
>>
File: 1477871844929.jpg (437KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1477871844929.jpg
437KB, 2048x2048px
>>31053418
Holy shit, another website likes one of the three starter Pokemon from the brand new games? Those three Pokemon that are at the forefront of GameFreak's shilling in every generation? Stop the fucking presses.

Starterwars are like consolewars but on a smaller scale, it's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>31050129
Thanks verlis
>>
>>31050046
False Swipe/Roost/Whatever damaging moves you want.
Great for catching shit ingame, especially the annoying faggots with Take Down or Final Gambit.
Haven't tried doing anything with it competitively, but its SpA is a trap, the only special attacks worth a damn it learns are Shadow Ball and Energy Ball and you're better off using Spirit Shackle and Leaf Blade than those even in ingame. Mixed is pointless and its 100 SpA is a waste.
>>
>>31050046
Spirit Shackle
Z-Curse
Protect
Attract
>>
>>31053395
>wears glasses
>is bald, so wears a shitty hood to cover it
>le classy gentleman
>looks like a fucking fursuit

Tell me again, just how is he NOT a nu-male?
>>
>>31054915
I still don't know what the fuck a numale is and your post isn't helping
>>
>>31051162
THIS

I'm not sure why people are so caught up in his offense
>>
>>31050046

You're honestly better off running Dhelmise.
>>
>>31050046
For UU

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Blade
- Roost
>>
>>31050046
Nu-male nature
>>
>>31051162
Similar to what I use. I trapped celesteela and kept spamming roost while being hit by flamethrower and attacking with spirit shackle only when my health was good enough until I knocked it out
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.