[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make Sun and Moon the unbeatable best games in the franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161006_102347.jpg (33KB, 222x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_102347.jpg
33KB, 222x188px
>No more 1% encounter rates on New Alola mons. The newest Pokemon of the Generation should be the focus, stop bloody hiding them.

>Make the Map on the Bottom screen not awful. Why the hell do Rotom's stupid animu eyes and frame take up like 1/3 of the bottom screen? Also the whole point of the second screen is to be more convenient, so why does clicking the map make gameplay completely halt and bring up the new menu on the top screen? Not to mention, clicking anywhere but the dead centre makes the map disappear and Rotom do an annoying animation for 4 seconds.
Rework it so you can use the map while playing the actual game without stopping gameplay, and make it fill the Bottom screen. Also, you should be able to add tags like "remember to do this here" etc

> Bring back the ingame National dex. Stop removing staple features. The National Dex has been an ingame feature since Gen 3) and the upcoming Nat Dex in Pokebank is not an equivalent. I don't want to open Pokebank just to view my monster encyclopedia. You need internet for that shit, and believe it or not I often play my portable device on the go! (Strange, right?)
>>
> Speaking of removing features, why did you remove Dexnav? You could've easily integrated it into the Rotom dex map without using the Gen three tile set. Absolutely no reason for it to be gone. Would've helped with the awful 1% rates too...

> Arrgghh, where in the blue blazes are the O Powers? One of the greatest new features of Gen 6, and you take them out? For what purpose? Shits and giggles? Just make them accessible by a menu tab or something, god damn. Also add a IV/EV doubling O Power, would'ya? O Powers would also help with a problem I'm gonna talk a little more on in this, Post game leveling.

> On the topic of post game leveling, why can you barely rematch trainers in the post game outside of the league? There's only like 3 of the top of my head (Guzma, Faba and Morimoto) and even then its a one time only thing for the first two. BW2 had a bunch of post game rematches. You had Hugh, Cheren, Bianca, Colress, The Shadow Triad, those two Gamefreak employees, the Striaton Gym leaders, N (With like four different teams), Cynthia and Alder.

That said, the League rematches are disappointing anyway. All of them but Kukui only have 5 Pokemon and they aren't as high leveled as they should be. Better than X and Y obviously as it had no rematches at all, but nowhere near as good as games like Platinum, BW2 and HGSS.

So buff the League by giving all characters an extra mon, upping their levels a tad, and allowing you to Battle characters outside the Leauge. You even already find characters like the Kahunas, Gladion, Hau, Kukui outside the league anyway, no reason why you shouldn't be able to request a friendly rematch.
>>
>Buff the Battle tree. The returning characters was the point they marketed the most in the Battle Tree, but you only have nine of em? (Sina, Dexio, Anabel were used for story first and just reused for the tree, so six really) Come on man. I wasn't expecting a PWT. I know that would take too much effort, but at least around 11 more, I mean its the 20th anniversary, actually put a little elbow grease into it. Here's a list of the characters I think could've fixed the Battle Tree:

Silver
Eusine
Lance
Alder
Hugh
N
Barry
AZ
Zinnia
Steven
Shauna

>4 of those characters already have Battle models from gen 6 anyway, so just touch em up a bit like you did to Wally and bam, instantly the Tree is more enjoyable.
>Also in regards to the Tree, change the structure of it so its more like BW2's Black Tower and White Tree Hollow rather than the stale Tower formula you've been using for 4 Gens. Its more fun, and since you get EXP and Money from it it also helps with the Post game leveling issue. Do all of these changes and congratulations, you've made the Battle Tree not shit. You're welcome.

>Allow us to change the WiFi backgrounds like you do with the Music. Sun and Moon has such beautiful battle backgrounds, so why in gods name do you force us to use that shitty generic one for WiFi battles?

>Give us a shop to buy Kurt's balls, and make Burnet sell us Dream Balls.

> Add some sort of Nursrey in the Post game with a perfect circle like ORAS. I appreciate that long road you made under the current Nursery Gamefreak, but you kinda sabotaged yourself by adding an unnecessary loading zone in between the Nursery and the road. People would rather confine themselves in that little box and run in circles than have to go through that loading zone each time. Also, maybe let us buy a Bike postgame. I want to go at top speed without holding B.
>>
>>31038855
I didn't even notice the bottom screen except like three times where I forgot where I was going after chaining for a while for HA.
>>
>>31038855
only valid complaint is National Dex. I didn't even notice the rarity problems for new mons or problems with the bottom screen.

I also preferred super training but I'm the only person in the universe who does, so meh.
>>
>>31038855
>M-MUH NATIONAL DEX

There's no reason for it to be in the game. "All the others had it" isn't a good enough excuse.
>>
>>31038900
Fair enough. Ishould probably reword this to make it clear its just problems I personally had with the game.
>>
File: 1410815617833.jpg (245KB, 719x976px) Image search: [Google]
1410815617833.jpg
245KB, 719x976px
>>31038855
>>31038864
>>31038880
>>
File: 1481621733217.jpg (26KB, 221x310px) Image search: [Google]
1481621733217.jpg
26KB, 221x310px
>>31038913
How is it not?
>>
>>31038931
Because it would make no fucking sense?

There's no reason for it to be there aside from it being in previous games, but that has never been something GF has used to justified a feature.
>>
>no genwun pandering
that might make me actually want to buy the game.
>>
>>31038955
Theres no reason for it to be in? Friend?

An encyclopedia with all your monsters is a basic need in a monster catching game.
>>
>>31038955
I want to examine my island scan mons
>>
>>31038976
>Theres no reason for it to be in?

Yes, there's no reason for it to be in. Alola is an isolated island region with literally a handful of migratory species. The rest all need to come through Pokemon Bank, a feature that is arguably non-canon since it makes no sense.

Since all of those Pokemon need to pass through Pokemon Bank anyway the National Dex being integrated into Pokemon Bank is fine. There's no reason for Alola to have a National Dex because its ecosystem is so isolated. It's not close enough to any other region to have that much crossover.

It's something I rather like about the game, making an effort to make sense in-universe rather than just including features that shouldn't be there because they've always been there.

>>31039008
This is the only negative aspect of it along with Ash-Greninja, unfortunately.
>>
>>31038855
>>31038864
>>31038880
Good shit, also bring back challenge mode and make it playable from jump.
>>
>>31039034
So because it doesn't make sense in canon you think the feature should be entirely removed? Pretty autistic way of thinking to be honest. Would you also like
Poke Pelago to be removed, since it makes no sense that you can meet Mohn but not easily resolve the story before Lusamine looses it?

"Because it doesn't make sense" is one of the most retarded arguements I've heard for someone trying to defend Pokemon, a series in which literally everything doesn't make sense. Not to mention that bot Kalos and Unova are also very far away from the other regions.
>>
>>31038900
I also preferred super training. You're not alone, friend.
>>
>>31038864
O-Powers are from gen v
>>
>>31039213
No they aren't.
>>
>>31039034
>There's no reason for Alola to have a National Dex
That's like saying that there's no reason for Hawaiians to be able to access Wikipedia pages about Japan.
>>
>>31039213
>>31039223
Pass Powers/Support Powers are very similar to O-Powers, and very clearly precursors to them, but there are a few differences.
>>
>>31038864
What was wrong with BW's league rematch?
>>
>>31039319
Nothing. I just picked 3 examples.
>>
>>31039034
Being this retarded should be illegal
>>
I'm going to bump this thread because I want to see how many anons get assblated by you implying SM aren't perfect.
>>
>>31038864
>One of the greatest new features of Gen 6, and you take them out?
FYI they're a gen 5 feature
>>
>>31039517
Pass Powers are very different to O Powers.
>>
>>31039551
The only difference is the method of unlock other than that they had the same uses.
>>
>>31038864
>You had Hugh, Cheren, Bianca, Colress, The Shadow Triad, those two Gamefreak employees, the Striaton Gym leaders, N (With like four different teams), Cynthia and Alder.

Cheren and Bianca were one time only, and only if you did the Memory Link with BW to import the teams from your old save.
>>
>>31039633
Well yeah, but having to do the missions to get the orbs is a pain, and you don't get enough afterva mission.

(BW2 are my favourite games in the franchise, I ain't knocking them. I just think this mechanic was perfected in Gen6)
>>
>>31039551
Dude, nearly all of the pass powers made it into O powers with the exact same use. In fact the only new ones were the ones the affect stats.
>>
>>31039651
Correct. Just checked Serebii. My Mistake. My point still stands though.
>>
>>31039662
I wasn't really arguing that they were better just that they started in gen 5.
>>
>>31038855
I agree with everything
>>
>>31038855
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>31039765
Nobody.
>>
>>31039765
Inafura Satoshi, the pokémon master
>>
>>31038855
If you want to make changes to the Battle Tree, I'd suggest you start by putting limits on what the CPU trainers can and cannot do. It's already clear they pick teams specifically to counter whatever you're using at the time, the least they can do is to make sure they can't use Pokémon with impossible movesets (e.g. Kommo-o with Shell Smash) and Megas that even Bank won't let you use.

Postgame stuff has been a weakness for ages; the Battle facilities get repetitive (in part due to said cheating from the AI) and there isn't all that much else to do after beating the E4; the 2nd gen games had the right idea with the extra gyms and the like, but it ultimately fell short due to the haphazard way it was implemented. Alternatively, the Gyms or their future equivalents could be spaced out further so you'd be at level 70 or so at least by the time you got to the Elite 4. In either case, the main problem there is that GameFreak acts on the assumption that the kids who are its main audience won't have the patience for an extended postgame. And unfortunately, there are more of those kids than there are of us.

I assume the Pass Powers were dropped due to the new Wi-Fi format; while their absence is unfortunate I question how.much they'd help with the grind given the XP scaling; the multiplier from the power would likely be mitigated by the diminishing XP returns.

At the end of the day, I'd say that most of OP's complaints are inherent to the series as a whole rather than just Gen VII; the only real chance we have of seeing them changed is a major shift in the way GameFreak works.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.