[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we discuss move animations in SM Astonish is awesome Bite,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 200_s.gif (36KB, 329x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
36KB, 329x200px
ITT: we discuss move animations in SM

Astonish is awesome

Bite, Crunch, Gunk Shot and Psychic look a lot cooler, they were awful in XY

Power Whip was great in XY but i think it's even more satisfying now
>>
>>31036506
X-Scissor is an X again too
>>
They ruined Fire Blast. Looked better in ORAS.
>>
>>31036506
Is that GIF supposed to be moving?
>>
>>31036506
Bullet Punch looks slow and boring now. I'm really disappointed with it, especially because most moves got a huge upgrade.
>>
Swords Dance looks fucking sick.
My nigga Leaf Blade lost its Gen V charm however.
>>
>>31036506
Draco looks small and not threatening.

I'm not a fan of Wood Hammer being a literal Wood Hammer.
>>
>>31036574
leaf blade looked best in gen 3 desu senpai
>>
>>31036591
It's still better than it was in X and Y where the animation was not there at all.
>>
>>31037348
Because the pokemon was spinning to say it's hitting the opponent with its arms.

Much better than a giant cartoon hammer being pulled out of their ass.
>>
Throat chop is really satisfying with the freeze frame and inverted colors
>>
Swords dance is great.

Don't like iron defense though. I think gen six iron defense was more satisfying
>>
Pursuit looks great,Cant wait to see Tyranitar use it
>>31036574
i dont like the swords being bronze
but thats nothing major
>>
>>31036506
>Gunk Shot
>cooler
sudoku
>>
>>31037369

I giggled for a solid minute the first time I saw that giant honkin' hammer. It just looks so silly, how can you not like it?
>>
I like Sharpen
>>
You can see a backwards katana blade striking in false swipe, that's cool.
>>
>>31037305
seconded, gen III leaf blade is the only reason I ran Sceptile. Absolutely satisfying.
>>
>Hating on XY Gunk Shot
Unforgivable
>>
>>31037631
Was that the one with the literal sword made of grass or did that come later
>>
>>31037633
It was trash
>>
Can someone post all tge animations?
>>
>talking about moves animation
>without a visual aid
>>
>>31037699
Picture them in your minds eye.
Can you see gen v thrash, and the attacks hitting to the tune of the Mario bros theme?
>>
>>31037644
Literal sword came later, gen III leaf blade was a stream of leaves that made a couple sharp curves around the opponent's pokemon and had a satisfying sound effect through the whole animation
>>
>>31037644
Gen 5 and 4 i think, but gen5 leafe blade was just a better version

Gen6 had leaf blade be a giant sword as well but it looked awful
>>
File: trash blast.png (978KB, 981x672px) Image search: [Google]
trash blast.png
978KB, 981x672px
>>31037657
heh
>>
>>31037724
Thinking about it now the gen5 leaf blade was like a combi between gen3 and gen4
>>
>>31036506
Power Whip sucks in SuMo (fuck off, using that name regardless of anyone's shitty patterns), it was much cooler with the dynamic shadowy vines in gen 6.

I agree for the others though.
>>
>>31037738
Ehhh, dunno about that. the sword in gen V looked goofy to me imo, I think it was the way it looked like it was just slapping the opponent at a flat angle
>>31037699
I'd post the gen III animation but my phone can't save gifs.
>>
>>31036506
I don't think it was changed that much but Retaliation still has the best move animation in the entire game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoU27gsMsdI
>>
Sharpen is pretty cool
>>
>>31037784
I mean they did the same thing, the sword did and x then slashed to the right, same as gen3 leaf blade
>>
No, stop. You are not allowed to say anything good about sun or moon. You are supposed to hate them. HATE THEM. HATE THEM YOU SHIT. FUCK YOU

Now you are ready to post. But only negative things.
>>
I like that they know earthquake looks weaksauce and have the animation make the hitting effect multiple times to compensate.
>>
>>31036506
Gunk Shot was made worse. They should have kept the trash can instead of the generic poison ball.

Hyperspace Fury is worse too. Somebody made a video where they hacked in the other legends to show off their sig moves. It's too passive now.
>>
>>31037968
Right? Fucking bulldoze looks more powerful than that shit
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.