[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"this legendary needs an ability" >"lol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

>"this legendary needs an ability"
>"lol just slap pressure on it"
Why?
>>
>>31035109
there must've been a lot of pressure on GFs part to think of something quick
>>
>>31035109
At least it was mitigated a bit with HAs.
>Deoxys still gets jipped
why
>>
You wouldn't start shaking like a leaf at the sheer awe of seeing an ultra-powerful being(legendaries), an ancient predator brought back to the modern era (Aerodactyl), supernatural beings(All Ghost types in that list), the largest Pokemon known to man (Wailmer/Wailord) a giant fucking bee (Vespiquen), or cold and calculating creatures looking for the best way to cut you down (Dark types)?
>>
>>31035109
>This legendary needs a unique ability
Mold breaker clone it is

Why can't they make a compound ability for legends and stronger mons
>>
>>31035109
Is pressure even that useful?
>>
>>31035248
Best I could think is mitigating stall by cutting PP faster
>>
>>31035248
It's alright for PP stalling, but most legendaries can't make efficient use of it. I think it's just so they're harder to catch.
>>
>>31035232
it's a good thing cus it can still be salvaged later

The Creation trio and the legendary beasts are screwed though.

>inner focus is good for doubles

it's not good enough compared to shit like Multiscale and Regenerator
>>
They should bring back Berserk Gene but instead of an item it would be a new ability exclusive to Mewtwo.
>>
File: brit.jpg (21KB, 346x260px) Image search: [Google]
brit.jpg
21KB, 346x260px
>>31035109
>unnerve
>telepathy
>none

>multiscale
>regenerator

GameFreak knows what Pokemon deserve the best treatment.
>>
I like it thematically. The legendary Pokemon are so daunting to your guys that they get super nervous and have to work twice as hard to do the same thing.

It's garbage besides that though.
>>
What's worse, /vp/ - the amount of legendaries with Pressure or the amount of Psychic-type legendaries?
>>
>>31035109
okay, so... Who wants to come up with some ideas for new abilities for legendaries?

>Dialga: Borrowed Time
>Each time Dialga hits an opponent with any move, it's speed goes up while the opponent's speed falls.

>Palkia: Law of Conversation
>Any time Palkia loses HP, a random stat will increase by one stage

>Giarantina: Anti-Matter
Contact moves used on Girantina cause attacking pokemon to begin losing 1/16th it's max HP each turn. This effect can stack.

>Mewtwo: Aberrant
>Mewtwo's psychic attacks deal normal damage against dark, psychic, and steel
>>
>>31035343
psychic-type legendaries is far more caustic then pressure.

At least pressure works for most of the legendaries that have it, and its thematic for the rest of them.
>>
>>31035109
Why Gamefreak thought absorb abilities on legendary dogs will be broken?
>>
>>31035349
>Deoxys: DNA shift
>Allows Deoxys to change between its attack, defense, and speed forms.
>>
>>31035367
Yeah, a rubber chicken really makes me fell the pressure.
>>
>>31035382
>to atk when it attacks
>to def when it uses protect or a recovery move
>to speed when it... switches in and out?
>>
>>31035349
Well, M-Rayquaza was looking kind of lonely up in AG until you came along
>>
File: 1480952989295.jpg (337KB, 1294x818px) Image search: [Google]
1480952989295.jpg
337KB, 1294x818px
>>31035343
I kind of agree with >>31035367. The nature of pressure implies you're in the presence of something so grand and powerful you lose your nerves.

But so many psychic types?

C'mon, Lugia is the gaurdian of the seas, let him be water flying, maybe Deoxy should change type depending on form (steel for defense, fighting for attack, flying for speed?).

Maybe change mew to Normal?
>>
>>31035383
obviously because your playing a fucking game.

But think about it for 5 seconds will yah? They are supposed to be all powerful beings rarely seen by any trainer.

Were just so damn jaded after 7 generations and 20+ fucking games.
>>
>>31035404
Yeah... I kind of suck at balancing.

In a way though, given what Palkia, Dialga, and Girantina are supposed to be, I guess it's only fitting.

But, just because something is supposed to make sense in a game's lore doesn't mean it SHOULD always translate to mechanics.
>>
>>31035367
>>31035410
There seriously needs to be a new type for all these Psychic-type legendaries that are themed around cosmic or otherwordly shit.
>>
>>31035382
>>31035392
it's like aegislash but even more terrifying
>>
>>31035392
We'd finally have another pokemon to get banned from ubers.
>>
File: 1478477964147.jpg (82KB, 850x386px) Image search: [Google]
1478477964147.jpg
82KB, 850x386px
>>31035382
it's be kind of crazy, but I was thinking each form might get it's own ability.

Sadly, I lost my train of thought on what it would be.

>>31035453
perhaps not entirely, if you think of typing as almost like periodic elements in a way.

You can go anywhere in our universe and you're still going to fucking find hydrogen and other such base elements everywhere, they might have combined in some interesting or weird ways, but at the atomic level, it's all made of the same cosmic dust.
>>
>>31035109
Because they are a pressure to control
>>
>>31035248
it's the most useful on mons like lugia and suicune since they have lots of balk and can PP stall like a motherfucker
>>
>>31035523
Doesn't everyone run Multiscale on Lugia, though?
>>
>>31035349
>Conversation
>>
>>31035392
HP: 50
ATK: 180
DEF: 160
SPA: 180
SPD: 160
SPE: 150 (180 when switching)
TOTAL: 880/910
>good job
>>
>>31035392
attack when it attacks
defense as base, what it switches in as, or when it uses protect or recover
speed when it uses status
Speed tiers determined after it changes forms ala the new mega mechanics, it'll always use attacks speed when attacking, speeds speed when using spikes or taunt.
>>
Pressure is actually really good for fighting other legends in ubers though. A lot of powerful moves like Extreme Speed and Water Spout have low PP and Pressure runs them out fast. Makes prediction easier if you know your enemy ran out of their water STAB because you kept switching in Palkia to quadruple resist that dumb Kyogre's Water Spout. Seriously, Pressure isn't a bad ability, just needs the right situation to work

>>31035567
If you have good counters to Mega Gengar and Yveltal (and you should) you can safely use Pressure Lugia. It's surprisingly effective.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.