[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't watch the pokemon anime english dubbed i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: c6e.jpg (18KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
c6e.jpg
18KB, 300x314px
>he doesn't watch the pokemon anime english dubbed
i bet you faggots would watch dbz and sailor moon in japanese too
>>
>>31034095
SM?
yes
DBZ
never
>>
File: IMG_0981.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0981.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31034095
Obvious attempt, you gotta be wiser to elicit the response you crave
These anime are too old for modern weebs, and they're just as common as older weebs here.
You get a kitten for trying
>>
>>31034095
I never got the whole sub vs dub thing honestly, having watched a little of both there doesn't seem to be that big of a difference.
>>
I only watch DBZ in the superior latino dub.
>>
>>31034158
Tards like to think watching shit in Japanese is better even though they dont understand a word of it.

I don't care what people watch, I've watched both, but elitist weebs are biggest fags around.
>>
>>31034095
DBZ is the only anime one should ever watched dubbed. Still can't stand Goku's grandma voice in the sub.
>>
>>31034095
DBZ and Sailor Moon's English dubs are comparable to their Japanese counterparts now.

Pokemon is just not a good dub.
>>
>>31034260
Insecto
>>
>>31034973

I honestly don't set much stock in the subs for most animoos. The exception is for the ones that feature incredibly dramatic readings and extreme intensity like Jojo where the English voiceactors just don't put enough gruffness and force into their speech. I'd say 90% of good animus are fine to watch in dubs.
>>
>>31034095
Pokemon's Dub was good up until the gen 3 voice actor swap. After that it is actual trash. I'm a majority dubfag, and watch Pokemon subbed. If it still had the old VAs (Impossible, since Meowth's dead) I'd gladly watch it dubbed. If they got VA's who actually gave a rats ass, I'd watch it dubbed.
DBZ and SM have decent or better dubs. Plenty of anime is fairly well dubbed. Pokemon is not one of those anime.
>>
>>31034095
You could not pay me to watch DB shit-eating Z
>>
>>31034158
>>31034913
https://youtu.be/KS-u1rVFoYU
>>
>>31034156
cute kitty
>>
>>31035006
This. There are a couple of things Japanese voices are particularly good for, and a few subjects that a dub really can't do justice (Grave of the Fireflies, ect) but otherwise there is really no reason to not watch the dub, except impatience, a personal hatred of a particular VA, or an attempt to use anime as an immersion tool to supplement attempting to learn Japanese alongside actual education.
>>
File: 162178.jpg (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
162178.jpg
199KB, 1920x1080px
>>31034973
Hellsing Ultimate's english dub is god-tier.
>>
>>31035040
You're telling me that you wouldn't suffer through two weeks of kamehameha waves for two grand?
>>
Pokémon dub is shit, that's just common knowledge.

Dragon Ball is great in English, sure, but you just have to accept the fact that Goku has a completely different personality than he does in Japanese and that's just because of differences in the language and the fact that English doesn't have the same range. Also almost all the other characters are disgusting in English, Vegeta's pretty much the only other good one. To be fair, the new dub changed kid Gohan and Goten's VAs so they're not the same as kid Goku's anymore and I actually enjoyed it before.

King Kai is also very different in Japanese, a lot calmer, considering his English voice is just 100% yelling.
>>
>>31035136
>trying to find anyway to justify the shitty jap voices

ok sport, if you say so
>>
>>31035003
Maggot
>>
>watching anime

underage pls go
>>
>>31034095
What's wrong with subbed dbz and sailor moon? Any subs are better than dub. Context often lost in translation, if not polluting the original stories. Dubbing exacerbates this problem tremendously. But since all of you fags only care about shipping and self projecting in the anime, then of course dubs making it easier
>>
>>31036288
This is what autism looks like
>>
>>31036262
>playing pokemon

underage pls go
>>
>>31036288
>He unironically prefers Goku sounding 8 for his entire life
>>
>>31035084
Too bad the show itself is absolutely atrocious
>>
>>31036333
TFS actually did this show a solid. Shame they'll never finish it.
>>
>>31036302

All those people publicly playing Pokémon GO this past July certainly didn't look "underage".
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.