[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing gen 7 >find out your bro got nerfed to hell Yeah,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: 1482197910773.jpg (80KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1482197910773.jpg
80KB, 900x973px
>playing gen 7
>find out your bro got nerfed to hell

Yeah, maybe Smogonbirde was a little broken, but you didn't have to make him completely useless GameFreak, holy shit fuck you.

Merry fucking christmas, assholes.
>>
It's for the best, but I agree that he got nerfed way too hard. The gale wings nerf renders him shit tier. The various priority nerfs were more than enough to keep him in check but losing priority from chip damage is death.
>>
>>31029877
Good, that shit was fucking stupid.
>>
>>31029877
now you know how it feels, you fucking talonfag. rot in whatever not-OU tier you fall into
>>
>>31029877
I hated that disgusting birddo and i'm glad it's garbage now.
Merry Christmas you retarded faggot.
>>
File: 1395099269927.png (97KB, 542x410px) Image search: [Google]
1395099269927.png
97KB, 542x410px
It's sad. Talonflame didn't deserve to get fucking neutered, only shitters thought it was cancerous.

It was hilarious seeing shitters struggling to pick between "dur stealth rock is bad" versus "dur one of the things kept in check due to stealth rock is bad"

Having Gale Wings priority only apply to offensive moves would be fine, especially with all the anti-priority measures that were added.

Talonflame was the funnest Pokémon to use in OU and it will be missed.
>>
>>31029877
Good. The priority wars were a fucking mistake. Get a better bro, and Merry Christmas to you too.
>>
While smogonbird definitely needed a nerf, why nerf it to complete shit? I always had this complaint with vidya as a whole when devs nerf something to the ground instead of making it still good but not broken.
>>
File: IMG_20161225_202901_270.jpg (77KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161225_202901_270.jpg
77KB, 432x432px
>We get good bugs since Gen V
>Cancerbird gets castrated
Feels good to be a bugfag
>>
>>31030197
Don't kid yourself, fellow Bugfag. Gen 8 will bring with it a new type that is immune to Bug attacks, is SE against Bug, add a Flying and a Fire type entry hazard, and remove Bug's SE against Dark.
>>
What's with all the asshurt Smogonbird shitters lately?
>>
>>31030286
they realized they can't win battles as easily anymore
>>
again with this bullshit OP.
no amount of ranting is going to change this shit. either find a way to make it viable or move on you faggot
>>
>>31029877
>having an OU mon as your bro

sure m8 my bro is lando t i really like its design :^)
>>
>>31030323
I've totally been using Clefable for years. Didn't pick it up just because it's broken as shit with the Fairy type or anything.
>>
>>31030323
Half of my team are OU mons and I've been using them even before I knew what Smogon was or cared.
>>
>>31030323
> Your Pokebro MUST be a shitmon, as per /vp/'s neckbeard code of conduct

Nigga you can suck my Garchomp's balls. This thing has been one of my favourite Pokemon for 10 years. Go fuck yourself. I fucking hate this mentality "Oh you really like this Pokemon? W-well you only like it because it's strong!"

It's a fucking landshark. Fuck you.
That being said, I also really love Camerupt who is a piece of shit outside of Trick Room shenanigans, but I still have my female Camerupt named Bertha from my original Ruby.
>>
>>31030241
>New type is immune to bug/grass/poison
>SE on bug/ice/rock/grass/poison
>Weak to fairy/Dragon/Steel/Fire/Water
>No effect on water
>>
>>31030197
Kek, it's always funny to see bugfags try to make their shitmons look good. The only """""good"""" bug type is Genesect and you know it, cuck.
>>
>>31030504
Exactly, way to stick it to those Bugfags, fellow good taste Anon. Scizor, who has been BL at the LOWEST since its inception? Not good. Volcarona? Not good. M-Beedrill? Not good at all. Heracross? UU, practically a piece of shit. Only legendaries and the eternal OU Game Freak favorites can be good, right? Thank fucking god we have good taste.
>>
>>31029877
>>31030118
>the single most power creeping piece of shit to ever be created
>so many bros forced into shit tiers because of the existence of this ONE mon
>"STAB 120 BP priority move was fine guys!"
>"priority Roost on top was too!"
Fuck the LITERAL fuck off!! This is the best thing ever and you should have the vision to see that. There are many mons who can now accomplish SOMETHING every once in a while in higher tiers. I wish you such a merry fucking Christmas, that your disgusting brains melt into wet porridge, you retarded fucks!
>>
>>31030336
>>31030395
>>31030428
>Totally did, yup! ;^)
>that's simply how amazig my taste is!
>I s-swear i did
>>
>>31030562
Kek, stay mad, bugfag. Just know that Bug will NEVER EVER be a relevant typing. I mean, who would ever want to see a nasty cockroach in VGC, amiright?
>>
>>31030906
Nice counter-arguement
>>
File: 1396739254857.gif (139KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1396739254857.gif
139KB, 250x250px
>>31030562
>Scizor is only good because of Technician BP
>Volcarona is only good because of Quiver Dance
>M-Beedrill doesn't exist
>Heracross is mediocre at best, no matter what bugfags think
>M-Heracross had the highest fucking attacking state and still couldn't make it to OU (kyurem-b is despite its low speed, imagine that :D)
reminder that every ""good"" bug type is good in spite of its Bug-typing, not because of it
reminder that every ""good"" bug type relies on secondary STAB to be relevant
reminder that every ""good"" bug type would benefit from losing bug STAB (see mega Pinsir lmao who was conveniently left out of this lmao)
reminder that the only good Bug-type move in the game is good because of its utility, not its coverage
reminder that on the offensive side bug is resisted by seven types
reminder that on the defensive side everything that bug does not only is extremely underwhelming but also is done better by flying
reminder that bug as a typing was designed for early route pokemon so the player would get something that was strong immediately and would soon be discarded

like i don't even have anything against bugs, they're one of my favorite types visually, but delusional bugfags that think their shit typing is good and talonflame was the thing holding it down are laughably pathetic

>>31030863
yeah man my bro breloom forced to NU wtf :(
your bro would be shit with or without talonflame
>most power creeping piece of shit
that's not mega evolutions/genies
>>
>>31030863
>Yet they're never going to nerf stealth rock
>>
>>31030906
>Not having at least one bro that's in a high tier
Mine is Aegislash, I never expected him to be in Ubers.
>>
>>31030972
>>M-Heracross had the highest fucking attacking state and still couldn't make it to OU (kyurem-b is despite its low speed, imagine that :D)
I can think of one very courageous, avian reason why that may be.
>>
>>31030906
>What? Your favorite pokemon happens to be in the upper tiers on aN irrelevant simulator?
>you must be retarded my man :^) my taste truly is superior to yours haha
>I-it sure is
End your existence.
>>
>>31030972
>(Bug type Pokemon) is only good because of (reason Bug type Pokemon is good)
The game of tautologies you play is an interesting one.
>>
>>31030972
>M-Heracross had the highest fucking attacking state and still couldn't make it to OU (kyurem-b is despite its low speed, imagine that :D)
no, Mega Mawile had the highest attack with Huge Power, stop this delusion. STOP. This has been proven wrong every time it's posted for the past several months.
>>
Megacross is OU though.
>>
>>31030972
>Charizard is only good because it has two megas
>Talonflame was only good because of Gale Wings
>Heatran is only good because of Flash Fire and Steel Type
>Infernape is only good because of fighting type
>Blaziken is only good because of speed boost
>Entei and Ho-oh are only good because of Sacred Fire
>A-Marowak is only good because it has an item that doubles its attack
>P-Don is only good because of Desolate Land

Reminder that fire type was a liability to have on your team for the first two gens and they only became viable to use in gen 4.

That's how shitty your arguments are, retard.
>>
>>31030972
But Talonflame LITERALLY relies on it's secondary typing of Flying to abuse Gale Wings. If it didn't have that it would be nothing.
>>
>>31029877
>Be me
>Love Triples
>Find out I have a Sludge Wave event Gengar on an old Pokemon game
>Can't wait to find out how Bottle caps work so I can SR for an acceptable Gengar
>Triples gone
>Gengar nerfed the fuck out
:'(
>>
>>31029877
I think Accelerock, Psychic Terrain, and the two anti-Priority abilities should've been enough.
>>
>>31031146
>nerfed the fuck out
>can now benefit from Terrain
Plus, he was literally buffed for five gens straight, my man. Gamefreak's favorite ugly blobman can stand a small nerf.
>>
File: michael jackson.gif (489KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
michael jackson.gif
489KB, 420x315px
>mfw I hate Talonflame and bugs in general
>mfw this thread
>>
File: 1369651188612.jpg (79KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1369651188612.jpg
79KB, 420x420px
>>31031006
good reading comprehension anon :D here's a pic of my bro he got fuckd by talonflame :(

>>31031052
the thing is that those bug pokemon are exceptions, not the norm
they have tools that allow them to succeed in spite of their typing, but those tools aren't relevant to their typing
keldeo is good because specs hydro lmao
water and fighting are amazing STABs
mega charizard x is good because it can fully use both of its STABs to fuck most of OU
ferrothorn is good because steel and grass work together well defensively

these are all only part of why those mons are good of course but not one of those have a typing that actively hurts them

>>31031069
talonflame has good speed and good support moves like willo, taunt, tailwind, and stupidly fast speed to boot
no shit gale wings made a pokemon with weaker attacking power than amoonguss relevant but it could still use its fire STAB if it wanted because fire is not a dogshit typing rocks aside

>>31031054
hyperbole
>>
>>31030972
>>31030562
>>31030504
>>31030197
KEK bugfags am I RIGHT bros?
>>
>>31031139
Yes, that is actually mostly correct. Stay mad though, cancerous bugfag.
>>
>>31031190
and I also hate this thing. I hope it finally receives a nerf soon
>>
>>31031190
what argument are you trying to make with Breloom, exactly? Are you aware that Breloom has been OU since it's inception and that's not likely to change since not even Talonflame was able to knock it out of it's OU perch and Talonflame had the ability and typing to actively SHIT all over Breloom anyway.

Poor strawman/10, apply yourself.
>>
>>31031269
Breloom deserves to die. That ugly abomination is cancer
>>
>>31031257
Oh so fire is a shitty type then, gotcha. Stay retarded and sub 1100 elo, shitter.
>>
>>31031260
If you mean Breloom then it's prolly dropping to BL hell this gen. He could survive in the bravest bird era because of Spore but with Tapu terrains cucking him out of his one trick hurt him way more than the bird.
>>
File: savage goku.jpg (102KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
savage goku.jpg
102KB, 1200x675px
>>31030197
>tfw ground types have been good every gen
>>
>>31031139
>liability for the first two gens
what does this have to do with anything
it is not the first two gens anymore :?
do you not know that this argument works against you because fucking pin missile was the best bug move for a time?

fire is actually an amazing typing you retard, why do you think everything runs fire blast or hp fire for coverage lmao? meanwhile the only pokemon that has ever run bug coverage is like fucking keldeo in gen V and that was a niche set to hit celebi+keldeo learns no moves anyway
oh sorry i forgot rhyperior :(

>>31031269
?
>>
>>31031333
Still not as bad as bug though.
Kek, stay mad, sub 1050 ELO shitter.
>>
>>31031371
Excadrill is my bro
>>
>>31031365
yes, I mean Breloom
>>
>>31031178
He's not worthless now, but immunity to weakness of a popular move is not a small nerf. Also he could've already benefited from the terrain through his mega so the bonus isn't great.
>>
>favorite mons are Espeon and Sylveon
>one has been BL/UU fodder for it's damn near entire lifespan sans one generation
>the other is a UU staple and short of a speed nerf with never sniff OU with any frequency
>never once felt the need to complain

Why do you people make these threads? Why does it matter if your bro/favorite/whatever the fuck isn't OU?
>>
>>31031375
>meanwhile the only pokemon that has ever run bug coverage is like fucking keldeo in gen V
This is how I can tell someone is new at this game.
In gen 2 and 3 a lot of physical attackers ran HP Bug for coverage. In gen 5 Excadrill ran X-Scissor to deal with Slowbro and bulky psychic/grass types, people only started running fire coverage on everything when Scizor became good in gen4.

>Running fire coverage means it's an amazing typing.
I guess ice is an amazing typing too because a lot of things carry ice coverage.

Don't post anymore, it's fucking embarrassing to see.
>>
>>31031476
OU means it good
>>
>>31031476
Sylveon was OU at one point tho
>>
>>31030428
When I found out I could get a Gabite in SM I kicked Bewear off my team so fast the game could barely register it.
If I could have Gible as a starter pokemon I would be in heaven.
>>
>>31031493
ice is an amazing typing though, it's the pokemon that fucking suck.
weavile is the only one done right
i've been arguing this for years. ice just doesn't have any pokemon that get to abuse it. the typing is fine on its own. giving it a resistance won't help, it needs to be given a better emphasis on its offensive capabilities.

dragons ran fire STAB for steels in general because steel resists dragon if you didn't know :x
>gen 2 and 3
not relevant. literally only ran hp bug because there weren't other options as this was before phys/spec split
>excadrill
one more exception, you sure showed me D:
>>
>>31031555
witnessed. Bewear a shit
>>
>>31031179
eat shit grassfag, you´re even worse
>>
File: doingstuffdoingthings.jpg (13KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
doingstuffdoingthings.jpg
13KB, 300x359px
>>31031798
lel nice try, I'm not a grassfag either. Not since Gen 5
>>
>>31031584
>ice is an amazing typing though, it's the pokemon that fucking suck.
OK this one is going into the fucking book along with "Only Excadrill uses Earthquake in OU".
It's not that the Ice Pokemon fucking suck, it's that ice type fucking sucks. If you give all ice types any other offensive type like Electric or Fire and replace their original Ice type with it you will get a much better pokemon, including Weavile who by the way "is only good because it's dark type".

>dragons ran fire STAB for steels in general because steel resists dragon if you didn't know :x
I'm gonna assume your brain farted and you meant fire coverage instead of STAB and then correct you on the fact that if they did, they only did it for Skarmory, otherwise most of them would just use Earthquake and deal with steels just fine. Special attackers however, began running hp fire 99% of the time when nailing Scizor became an important win condition.
Bug coverage right now is not as good as it used to be but it had a big place in history, meanwhile nowadays fire coverage is only there because of a Bug type who just so happens to be the most used mega nowadays and Ferrothorn too.
>>
>>31031584
>Ice is amazing!
>when combined with a very specific secondary type and stat spread

Might as well say that normal was an amazing type because of Mega Lopunny.
>>
>>31031584
>ice is an amazing typing
wew

>dragons ran fire STAB
I´m sorry, I didn´t know you had brain damage
>>
>>31031949
Ice is an amazing Offensive Type, not Defensive.
>>
Can't wait until Talonshit falls into NU where it belongs.

All hail our lord, Pelipper
>>
File: 1396228881144.jpg (936KB, 1000x1292px) Image search: [Google]
1396228881144.jpg
936KB, 1000x1292px
Talonflame's been my second favorite since before I knew its English name. I still use one in battle spot doubles and the doubles Battle Tree.
>>
>>31030428
y-yeah.... I love the random spikes and decals! I dont just use it because its braindead... it and heatran are my b-bros!
>>
>>31030428
>This thing has been one of my favourite Pokemon for 10 years

So your entire life, then.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.