[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will people begin to realize how underwhelming these games are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 20

File: Sun and Moon.png (443KB, 760x326px) Image search: [Google]
Sun and Moon.png
443KB, 760x326px
Will people begin to realize how underwhelming these games are when the honeymoon phase is over?
>>
>>31023088
eh they are better than xy and oras at least but that's not really an accomplishment.
>>
>>31023088
So much better than the gen 6 versions at this point it doesn't matter
>>
>>31023088
Most people are already there. It's mostly fags on vp that refuse to admit these are just as handholdy as XY
>>
>>31023107
>ORAS

Nope, ORAS isn't as piss easy and handholdy as SM. Also, it actually has postgame content
>inb4 m-muh Battle Frontier!
I think we can all agree it's better than XY though.
>>
They were just another pokmeon games, same old same
>>
>>31023107
They really aren't better than OR/AS.
>>
Will people begin to realize how bad gen 4 & 5 games are when the honeymoon phase is over
>>
>>31023088
Its been a month, the honeymoon phase is already over lol. And its calmed down from "This is the best game hands down!"
to realizing it was a very solid entry in the series.
>>
>>31023136
What? sun moon was harder than oras.
>>
Better than the last two gens, that's for sure.
>>
>>31023088
Good, albeit rushed, game that should have been held over for the Switch. The Switch Pokemon game was what everyone was waiting for, not this desu. I still don't know why they didn't keep XY's EV hordes instead of SOS, shit is annoying and more time consuming to do.
>>
>>31023215
>implying oldschool 3DS consoles would have been able to handle hordes

The game already lags like mad when more than 2 pokemon show up.
>>
>>31023136
What? RS are incredibly easy and ORAS didn't really change the difficulty at all even if you turn off the Exp Share. Sun and Moon is at least difficult in the last stretch.
>>
>>31023088
if the next game doesn't have any post gazme i will stop buying pokemon games. i kinda had enough of their shit
>>
>>31023186
This. We're at the point where we know they are good but not amazing
>>
>>31023136
Are you fucking joking? ORAS was easy all the way through because the early gym leaders were nerfed and by the time you get to the late gym leaders you have megas and your pokemon are overleveled as fuck. In SM I actually blacked out against one of the trainers and one of the totems because of the new EXP curve.
>>
>>31023141
>ORAS BETTER THAN S/M

LAAAAAAAAAAAAWDIE LAWL

ORAS is a pile of irreedemable shit, stop this at once
>>
>>31023088
They're better than XY/ORAS, which was really I could've asked for.
>>
>>31023747
No it's not. You could and should have asked for so much more.

This kind of mentality is why Game Freak keeps churning out bad to passable games. They think people are ok with settling for it. Pokémon really deserves to have a developer that wants to go above and beyond with every entry.
>>
>>31023343
>>implying oldschool 3DS consoles would have been able to handle hordes
But they did.
>>
>>31023817
This is the problem with the story generation of kids.
They're too focused on that aspect that they forget that they're meant to be playing the game as a game rather than some kind of handholdy experience so they don't care if the game gets gutted.
>>
i dont know what you guys expect from a kids game, lol
>>
>>31023817
Game Freak doesn't deliver when they should, remember the Battle Frontier in ORAS? Or the wonderful Z version?

Yeah, neither do I.
>>
>>31023897
EVERYTHING I WANT AND MOAR!!
- "Your average /vp/ poster"
>>
ITT entitled weebs
>>
When will you begin to realize you should have been aborted?
>>
File: 1481995524624.jpg (121KB, 912x912px) Image search: [Google]
1481995524624.jpg
121KB, 912x912px
i still think they are great

at least this game has memorable characters unlinke X and Y
>>
>>31023897
>>31023916
>>31023938
>>31023941
Nothing is more "entitled" than saying nobody can have issues with a game because you don't
>>
File: gen.png (60KB, 792x601px) Image search: [Google]
gen.png
60KB, 792x601px
>>31023136
Oh yeah bruh, the old games did it best.
Why can't the new games be hard like the classic ones?
>>
>>31023907
Which in small part is thanks to the complacency of the fanbase.

Nowadays there are too many people thinking that demanding useful, interesting or even beloved features is being "entitled" when there is literally no reason for them to be excluded besides developers being lazy.
>>
File: Ct73Ov5WAAECHRR.jpg (54KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Ct73Ov5WAAECHRR.jpg
54KB, 1200x675px
>>31023124
eh, it being handholdy wasn't much of an issue for me.

What annoys me about SM is the lack of an area where you can properly grind Exp. I really don't want to do the E4 over and over again.

Other than this, i am satisfied with SM. Those games are what XY should have been, and i'm glad we finally reached that point, even if it's 3 years late.
>>
>>31024010
This means nothing without context
>>
>>31023194
>>31023356
>>31023576
Not true. I just replayed ORAS with set mode on and exp share off, and diffifculty wise it was fairly average. The only reason Sun and Moon appears too be difficult is because Game Freak made all the new Pokemon (see also: the Pokemon the players are going to want to use) slow as molasses and gave the NPC opponents Pokemon from the other regions that are typically faster. This is because Game Freak was too lazy to make the AI better or give most of the trainers items to use.
>>
>>31024049

The problem is that SM took some of XY's flaws and just magnified them.

I mean, things were a bit easy in XY but at least you had four rivals so the rush had the appearance of challenge. In this game you have Hau and maybe Gladion so you have a smaller cast and fewer Pokemon and it becomes painfully obvious that they never get a full team of six while Route 1 has enough variety for you to get a full 6 before your first challenge.

Totem Pokemon and captains and Kahunas mean you can have more consistent bosses than 8 gym leaders, so I hope they keep that kind of miniboss experience. But you need rivals on top of that, and rivals that are an actual challenge.
>>
>>31023817
>Deserves another developers
Nah, game freak is the only in pokenon
>>
>>31024125
The rivals in XY were worse than random trainers you are out of your mind. Hau and Gladion and Guzma actually have decent pokemon by comparison.
>>
>>31023088
It seems more and more people are starting to realize this as well. I just replayed ORAS after Sun & Moon, and ORAS is the better video game hands down. I know that will trigger a lot of people on here that don't want to admit they got suckered by Game Freak, but ORAS has more exploration, less handholding, a better postgame (which speaks volumes about how shit S/M's postgame is) and the first 3 hours of ORAS isn't text reading. If Game Freak fucks up the Diamond/Pearl remakes, I think people will start to regret shitting on ORAS so much, unless if they're Hoenn haters.
>>
>>31024164
>Hoenn haters

It's pretty obvious we have a lot of those.
>>
>>31024164
>If Game Freak fucks up the Diamond/Pearl remakes
And to elaborate, I mean REALLY fuck them up. Not just that they leave out the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>31024243
To be fair, DP were pretty fucked to begin with so the only way is up right? R-right?
>>
>>31024125
You might be remembering things wrongly.

XY had 4 Rivals, but just one worth talking about (the trainer of the opposite gender)

Hau may not pose a challenge until the last fight against him, but at least Gladion was able to put up some fight.

XY's Rivals on the other hand had 3/4 not being more worth than a regular battle. Or do you really think that Memories, Voyeur and lets dance were worthwhile opponents?
>>
File: gen2.png (56KB, 669x707px) Image search: [Google]
gen2.png
56KB, 669x707px
>>31024056
Are you blind and stupid, or do you seriously dig that leer+tail whip combo?

The only thing remotely challenging in his lineup if you aren't brain dead is alakazam because gen1 psychic and gyarados with the hyperbeam bug.
Fuck sake, his lv61 exeggutor has an empty fucking move slot.
And he's the hardest fight in the game.

People like to cry about the games getting progressively easier, which is ironic since its the complete opposite.
>>
>>31024358
Are you the guy that posts early teams and Gen 2 gym leaders in a vacuum and then rages when people say they don't care?

You need to look at things like moves available, mechanics, the level curve, the Pokemon available in the Dex, its obviously more complicated than just screen shot ting Bulbapedia and calling people nostalgiafags.

Hell, half the Pokemon league in SM have Pokemon with just two moves.

I don't even think SM is easy, I just think you're a fucking retard
>>
>>31023088
Most honeymoons don't take a whole month, anon.
>>
>>31024358
>bishonen
>trap
>cutie
>pretty boy
>chuck
>two balls and a solid snake
>pryce is right
>worse than whitney (how is this possible?)
7/10 still isn't bad as kalos gym leaders.
>>
ORAS didn't have the bullshithax tree
>>
>>31026541
No, it had the Battle Maison, which was worse.
>>
There really should be this long of a honeymoon phase considering how it's the third best installment of the franchise, behind B2W2 and HGSS.
>>
>>31026569
>worse

>doesn't start out on team read mode letting you build up points for the harder mode
>worse
>>
>>31026598
>considering how it's the third best installment of the franchise
So where does
>RSE
>Plat
>ORAS
>GSC
>BW
fit into things?
Unless you're including 2.1 to .5 as entries.
>>
>>31023088
I already realized that. I haven't played for 2 weeks. I'm playing FireRed right now and despite the story being absolute shit barely even existent at all I've been playing it for longer than I played Sun and Moon.
>>
>>31026598
HGSS is bad
>>
>>31026598
>le HGSS and B2W2 are the GOAT games ever meme

Please, Emerald and Platinum are way better than those overrated pieces of shit.
>>
>>31026670
>the story being absolute shit barely even existent at all
That's why it's good. A an active narrative like in SM has no place in Pokémon.

>>31026621
Tree has more music to choose from and old character cameos, so it's better.
>>
Underwhelming in what sense?

Online features/Pss/Super training, lack of post game, and a non decent grinding area aside, Sun and moon are leagues better than XY could have ever been. Never hated oras either like most seem to.
>>
Best Pokemon games released so far IMO.
>>
>>31026659
it's supposed to be
>Emerald
>Platinum
>HGSS
>BW2
>>
>>31023136
>ORAS isn't as piss easy and handholdy as SM
>Would you like me to teleport you back to Mauville now that you've beaten Norman?
Yeah nah
>>
>>31026727
Instead you just get teleported to the next island anyway.
>>
>>31024592
you got very mad
>>
>>31026569
>playing super singles with EV/IV bred team
>Opponent's quick claw activates everytime
>flinchhax bullshit
>Status bullshit
OHKO moves like fissure always land
>not very effective moves do OHKO's
>Legendaries out the ass
>Illegal movesets

>battle tree not worse
>>
>>31026711
I don't get your point.
I mean you just said SM was better than XY but you listed off a few of the things that makes XY leagues better than SM.
>>
>>31023088
you just answered your own question m80
>>
>>31023088

>Why doesn't everyone think like me?
>>
Like ORAS or XY are any better.
>>
>>31026775
Apologies I mean sun and moon is still better despite fucking up some of the best things XY introduced.
>>
I honestly enjoyed Sun WAY more than I thought I would. The difficulty is on par, and the handholding complaint is really getting stale. Its NOT that bad, seeing that it let me know where all I can explore before the next part of the story takes place. If you honestly thought that ORAS was better, you are a special kind of retarded. ORAS was good, but not nearly as good as sun/moon.
>>
>>31026775
Super Training takes longer than SOS
XY's postgame is even worse
PSS is nice but it's not that nice
>>
>>31026774
Removing HMs alone makes up for most of the flaws.
>>
Removing HMs alone makes up for most of the flaws.

>>31026837
Didn't mean to quote.
>>
>>31026824
>Super Training takes longer than SOS
No one used Super Training, it was all about Horde battles, which were way faster than SOS
>XY's postgame is even worse
Of course
>PSS is nice but it's not that nice
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>31026708
>That's why it's good. A an active narrative like in SM has no place in Pokémon.
I don't know about you, but I don't usually consider games where the entire story is literally just blindly walking into "wrong place wrong time" situations and nothing else good games. They're honestly pretty shitty the early games, now that you'd be the only one playing them all alone.
>>
>>31026727
I honestly don't get this argument. If you just say No then there's no problem? It presents you the CHOICE to be handholdy, but without forcing you to make it hold your hand, yet the mere existence of the fucking choice is enough to piss you off? Fucking grow up.
>>
>>31026882
>No one used Super Training
It was the only way to get certain evolutionary stones, so yeah a lot of people used Super Training. And it was annoying as hell.
>>
>>31026941
>wrong place wrong time
You weren't there when Mewtwo wrecked Pokémon Mansion.
>>
>>31023136
>inb4 m-muh Battle Frontier!

muh Battle Frontier

I'll keep playing emerald, fuck off with your """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""postgame""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
i enjoyed oras more than sun and moon also
>>
They're probably the best debut of a gen yet
>>
>>31023088
When can we start handing out bans for you?
>>
>>31026791
In the first month of XY it had a lot of praise but then everybody went mad because no postgame
>>
>>31026824
>Super Training takes longer than SOS
Super Training was for fine tuning rather than maxing out anon that's your problem.
Hordes were far superior to SOS.
>XY's postgame is even worse
Eh, they were about the same.
>PSS is nice but it's not that nice
It was the best use of the lower screen.
>>
>>31024592
>implying having less moves isn't better thanks to how dumb the AI is
>>
>>31023088
They weren't as good as ORAS, because ORAS had more features such as dexnav and secret bases. It sucks that GF has the potential to make a perfect game, but they never will because that would mean that they can't reintroduce them in future games. (Meaning they can't make money off of it)
>>
>>31024592
>half the Pokemon league in SM have Pokemon with just two moves.
please
>>
XY/ORAS were pieces of shit and this was a big step up imo.

>muh dex nav
>muh bases

Even without those SM managed to be much better.
>>
>>31023107
Cousin gave me sun for christmas, good shit, i wasnt planning on buying it.

Currently found a shiny Grubber(?) and beat the gay guy's smeargle.

Its really fucking slow, but I enjoy the non chibi models and how big the game looks.
Playing on set and turned off the exp share because otherwise my pokes would be level 20 by now.
>>
>>31027408
>Even without those SM managed to be much better.
By making the game worse?
Or did you get free shill goggles with that preorder?
>>
>here's a mega fucking latios
vs
>castform used sunny day
>totem lurantis used solar blade
>>
>>31024010
To be fair they were actually difficult battles because most pokes could only learn stab and normal moves
>>
>>31027425
Are you retarded?

Let me rephrase it: XY/ORAS were so shit that even with having more features (hordes, dex nav, soaring, bases), they still managed to be worse than SM which lacked all of those

So in a way, I'm saying that no amount of "muh features" will redeem XY/ORAS. A game is a sum of its parts, not features.
>>
>>31027413
I got Moon for Christmas too, though I'm Australian so I'm already up to Olivia's battle right now.

It's not a great game by any means but so far I'm loving it compared to ORAS and XY. I agree it's slow but I'd rather not speed through the game in a few hours and then not pick it up ever again, I can't see myself replaying it for a long time after.

>>31023088
The game is only underwhelming if you had autistic expectations in the first place. These are good games even with obvious flaws, but it's not just a phase. The current views of SM are likely to be the views in the future.
>>
>>31027413
it's really slow during the first 1.5 islands but it speeds up afterwards
>>
>>31027469
What you call "autistic" expectations are probably reasonable expectations that anyone who wants the games to be good should wish for.
>>
>>31027445
You are either a shill or have some pretty bad taste to say SM are better ORAS.
>m-muh removal of HMs!
You said it yourself faggot, even with all the QoL changes SM brought, it still managed to be worse than even the most disappointing remake yet.
>>
>>31027437
I have a Nidoking with Bubble Beam that says he disagrees
>>
>>31027437
>because most pokes could only learn stab and normal moves
Nah dude, Pokemon had some strange coverage back in the day.
>>
>>31027445
So what you're saying is that despite XY/ORAS having more parts to them as well as the QoL improvement you enjoyed how barebones SM was and the removal of those improvements?

I guess a game isn't the sum of it's parts anymore.
>>
>>31027536
>>31027556

By most, I mean not as many pokemon like the ones in sinnoh/unova were everyone could learn close combat, grass knot and earthquake
>>
>>31023157
This.
>>
>Stop liking what i dont like guys!!!

Sheesh, you still act like that?
>>
>>31023088
When you accept and embrace your homosexuality
>>
>>31027911
When SM becomes a good game.
And that'll never happen.
>>
>>31024358
100%
>>
>>31024358
>Are you blind and stupid, or do you seriously dig that leer+tail whip combo?
laughed till i dripped in my pants
>>
So I guess the faggot who keeps making this same thread now learned the phrase "honeymoon phase" and is repeating it everywhere.
>>
>>31024100
>Important battles now have the opposing Pokemon with full IVs, EV trained and sometimes beneficial nature.
>Now the switched in Pokemon is based on your current Pokemon (i.e You knocked out Lycanroc with Mudsdale then Kukui will put in A-Ninetales)
>Slow but somewhat tanky Pokemon, that in favour, hits strong when it has the chance.
>Other-gen mon NPC uses are Alola-native, and there's no law that say you couldn't use them.
>>
>>31026760
>I'm mad because I called ypu a retard
>>
>>31023864
Yup. It's damn unfortunate.
>>
I feel like this game has so much less hype than xy did. /vp/ is the only place on the internet that isn't already done with sun and moon, and this is the autism nexus.
>>
>>31027401
So you agree with me

>>31026699
(You)
>>
>>31028132
Don't get me wrong, the two can come together nicely like with Xenoblade but it's so few and far between that it almost makes you lose hope.
>>
>>31028137
there really nothing to talk about its pokemon game. 90% of the fanbase just finish the story and stop playing. they dont care about the meta. its not a multiplayer game or any dlc coming. so just wait for next pokemon game
>>
>>31028183
>its not a multiplayer game
Pokemon was designed as a social multiplayer game.
That's how dire things are.
>>
>>31028152
>So you agree with me
uh no? there's 3 pokemon with 2 moves
>>
>>31028223
i think games like overwatch, rocket league are multiplayer games not pokemon
>>
>>31028274
The single player aspect of Pokemon lasts two weeks and then the multiplayer aspect lasts for the next year and a half until the next Pokemon game is out

>>31028232
It was hyperbole.
>>
File: retard.png (586KB, 2104x1079px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
586KB, 2104x1079px
>>31024592
>half the Pokemon league in SM have Pokemon with just two moves
>3 Pokemon out of 5 Pokemon that belongs to 1 trainer out of 5 at the Pokemon League
>"HALF"
You're the retard here.
Also, 2 moves means that the AI will all-out attacking and do not waste them on other non-damaging moves.
>>
>>31028274
Pokemon is a multiplayer game with a solo mode.
Just because they haven't been common as of late doesn't mean that it's impossible.
>>
The festival plaza is inexcusable trash. Having to use it makes me angry and it's amazing that they couldn't see how much of a step back it is from
The rest of the game was playable. Terrible though if we're comparing it to other rpgs, but I mean it's, pokemon and dumbed down for 8 year olds. The game's scaling felt all off. Only major battles had trainers with more than one or two pokemon which made the game incredibly easy, even playing through with exclusively shitmons. Game freak needs to invest in a story that I can care about if they're going to force it so hard.
>>
>>31028363
Also fuck ultra beasts and koko's and what they've done for power creep. Now everything in OU that matters is a one time encounter so battling on a cartridge is pretty much out.
>>
>>31028329
Eh, I can admit being wrong but that certainly won't make me stop thinking you're a shit munching retard.

Do you see what you're doing now? Applying context to the teams of the game you like? Maybe think about that the next time you post some random team as an """argument""" about a whole game

Now don't reply to me ever again
>>
File: 1482390032415.png (305KB, 892x744px) Image search: [Google]
1482390032415.png
305KB, 892x744px
>>31023136
Anon did you even play SM?
>>
>>31027437
>Trying to justify why Rhydon has two moves that 100% of players would drop before hitting Lv 12.

Admittedly it was the first game, so I'm willing to go light on it, but fuck that's stupid. Surely there were stronger moves to run in it?
>>
>>31028470
Maybe they added stronger moves but it made the fight too difficult for players? I dunno
>>
>>31028463
You played with only alola Pokemon didn't you.
>>
>>31023980
if anything only a faggot does this " I love the game and here's the reason why YOU'RE retarded for not liking it"
>>
>>31028492
Not him but I only played with Alola Mons and the game was a slog for half of it.

I could never run from battles, I lost a few times, and I ended up under level for the league
>>
File: retard(2).png (136KB, 709x542px) Image search: [Google]
retard(2).png
136KB, 709x542px
>>31028405
>Say that half of the Pokemon League has less than 2 moves
>Me posting all the Pokemon teams from the first time challenging league, proving you're an idiot
>Maybe think about that the next time you post "some random team" as an """argument""" about a whole game
>Actually got the audacity to call other shit munching retard
I have to admit that I posted the wrong Kukui team. It's the title defense team but here's the team in the main story. But my argument still hold
>>
>>31028492
You played with battles on switch didn't you?
>>
>>31028540
Set actually.
In any case regardless of set or switch the game is only "hard" if you go with only alola Pokemon.
>>
>>31028540
>Playing a game in any way but with the default settings.
>>
>>31028540
>having to go out of your way to make the game harder

Kek, way to out yourself as a shill, shill.
>>
>>31023088
Breeding was both better and worse in ORAS. I can't mindlessly hold -> while riding bike anymore vs. I don't have to talk to the ALMIGHTY JUDGE anymore either.

How am I supposed to feel about this new breeding simulator 2016?
>>
>>31028747
>leave easy mode on
>surprised it's easy
>>
>>31027578
>>31027500
Yes ORAS was shit. I don't think I even beat it, I dropped it right after the 8th gym and catching Groudon.

I'm about 120 hours into SM though.
>>
>>31028764
Eh, it's still kind of better in ORAS just because of the loop seeing as everything was all together anyway.
Plus entering and exiting the box is snappy compared to SM.
>>
File: 1476462884716.png (361KB, 684x509px) Image search: [Google]
1476462884716.png
361KB, 684x509px
>kalosperms still trying to force this meme

Sorry, kiddos. Most of /vp/ and most of the fanbase period loves SM.

Get over it.
>>
>>31028806
Uhhhh.

I think you have that backwards. SM's box is the first box yet that goes straight to the actual boxes of Pokemon without prompting you which mode you want to be in first.
>>
>>31028794
Shit taste. It was the other way around for me and guess what? My opinion is more objective than yours so tough luck, faggotron :^)
>>
>>31028764
You forgot to mention ORAS has the official bike simulator approved theme...which is in sun and moon too but not useable sadly.

I wish sun and moon had a music NPC too for egg hatching or a jukebox
>>
>>31028897
You're an ORAS cocksucker. No one is going to take your opinion seriously anyways.
>>
>>31028850
No, ORAS's options were quick and snappy and even with the menus you could reach the boxes faster than the skip in SM that takes a while to load them in.
>>
>>31028538
The SM thing was only a tacked on thing at the end of my post and not the center of my argument at all, and I already admitted I was off on that, so yes I have the sensibility to call you a retard. And I will again. Retard.

>>31028540
It really makes no difference.
>>
File: 1462898497145.jpg (34KB, 505x479px) Image search: [Google]
1462898497145.jpg
34KB, 505x479px
>>31028934
>mfw SM removed the "press X to exit all menus" option for no good reason
>>
>>31028914
I don't even like ORAS, retard. But saying SM are better than them outside of QoL improvements is just laughable.
>>
>>31028934
Actually just checked and SM's is faster because it goes right to the boxes. You would've been right if it didn't though.
>>
>>31028986
Name an old cut feature from XY/ORAS that WASN'T missed.

Gen VI was a good QoL gen.
>>
>>31029001
That's how shit ORAS was though. Even though SM didn't have the QoL features that it had, it was still better.
>>
>>31029001
>Actually just checked and SM's is faster because it goes right to the boxes.
You do realise that SM still loads in slower than XY/ORAS right?
Unless you're pressing the buttons at the speed of a retarded quadriplegic it's going to be faster.
>>
>>31029012
for>>31028998
>>
>>31028953
Well I was only proving your "tacked on thing at the end of my post"
I didn't say a word about your "center of argument".
So what you say is invalid. And stop being such a child, you really think that calling others "retard" will make them mad? Or make you more right?
>>
File: Blue Team.png (61KB, 788x597px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Team.png
61KB, 788x597px
>>31028470
It was only because it was the first game. They fixed it as soon as they could. It was a game like nothing before it, marketed towards kids, on a dying console. They probably didn't even know these moves would be this bad.
>>
>>31029028
Yeah I just checked though, they're pretty much the same but SM is slightly faster.
>>
>>31029035
>reading comprehension

I said SM had better QoL improvements than ORAS, not the other way around.
>>
>>31023124
Actually, people elsewhere seem a lot less critical. I've not seen much of this "Gen 6 was series-ending utterly worthless rubbish" opinion outside of /vp/.
>>
>>31023088
Normies are too busy praising it for its "amazing" story and "progressive" standpoint.
>>
>>31029105
stupid normies enjoying the games instead of being autistic and jaded like me

who do they think they are? normal, functioning people?
>>
>>31029082
>they're pretty much the same but SM is slightly faster.
SM literally cannot be faster anon.
What aren't you getting here?
>>
>>31029115
I wish I was a normie. Why can't I enjoy things anymore?
>>
>>31023088
every fucking day this thread pops up can you fucking cunts just shut the fuck up about this game already, most of you fucking fags enjoyed this shit then come to /vp/ to shit up the board trying to troll. OMH ITS TOO HANDHOLDY, fuck off faggot, this game is meant to be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Dont like it FUCK OFF AND DRINK BLEACH.
>>
>>31029150
>Why can't I enjoy things anymore?
Because you got way too invested in video games instead of keeping it as a simple hobby.
On the bright side it keeps you immune from hype culture.
>>
>>31029227
You realize you can be critical of things you enjoy, right? Pointing out that things have issues is not in any way saying "no one can enjoy it ever now or they're wrong".
>>
Post game was underwhelming and somehow even less than XY

But the main adventure was still worth it and fucking fantastic

Lasting appeal doesn't make a game

X and Y were a fucking bore to go through
>>
>>31028381

>Also fuck ultra beasts and koko's

yeah because BRAVE BERB and Megastones format was SO much better. At least totems and UBs aren't making 4 types OBSOLETE. Seriously UU in Gen 6 was "Stuff that dies to Talonflame but otherwise excellent:The Meta"
>>
>>31029040
So why you'd you reply to me again about that after I already said I was wrong?

In not saying retard because I think it will make you mad, In saying it because constantly posting those images is retarded.

I don't care how you feel about that. /vp/ is filled with underage where "you're mad xD" is seen as a good reply and getting people heated is more important than actually addressing points. I'm not about that shit.
>>
File: IMG_0400.png (109KB, 274x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0400.png
109KB, 274x231px
>>31023136

>He played with exp share on

>Complains
>>
>>31029252
(you) are not criticizing the game though you all are just making shitposting threads up to troll for no reason.
>>
File: IMG_0412.jpg (34KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0412.jpg
34KB, 600x512px
>>31029252

>Pointing out that things have issues is not in any way saying "no one can enjoy it ever now or they're wrong"

Except that's exactly what OP makes it out to be

"Honeymoon phase"

Fuck you
>>
>>31029302
I didn't use the EXP Share and played in Set and ORAS were still the easiest games in the franchise for me.

No its not because I'm an adult now, I've played many games as an adult and they were still harder.
>>
>>31023088

>MUH QUALITY OF LIFE

fuck off Kaloshitters I'm sorry most people hated Gen 6 for being too bland. Appeasement to your autism doesn't automatically make best gen evar. Casuals care more about presentation and appeal than I HOPE THERE IS A JUKEBOX ON THE ROUTE ON THE BIKE SIMULATION.
>>
>>31029252

I agree with you except the thread title and statement is shitposting

Yeah I didn't like how trash the post game was

But that doesn't negate the fantastic main adventure I had
>>
>>31029359
Well, I guess it's good to know that Alolasomes identify as casuals as opposed to legitimate fans.
Saves a lot of time.
>>
>>31029389
Kalosperm are the biggest Normie's in the franchise
>>
>>31023136
>Get a FUCKING LATI@S with its mega evo EARLY IN THE GAME

Nah
>>
>>31029403
Eh, Kalos wasn't as casualized as Alola was.
I mean the Pelago literally gives you free Pokemon.

This is the first game in which you don't have to actually catch Pokemon.
>>
File: IMG_0571.jpg (25KB, 481x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.jpg
25KB, 481x347px
>>31029389

>casuals

Stop this meme

Turn off EXP share you fucks, the game is fucking hard
>>
>>31029403
On what planet?

It would be genwunners. The whole 90s kid "things were better when I was a kid" nostalgia thing is as normie as it gets.
>>
>>31029444

>kalos
>not as casual
>HERE IS YOUR THIRD BADGE KID! BY THE WAY TAKE THIS OVERPOWERED POKEMON AND MEGASTONE WITH YOU TOO!
>>
>>31029458
The game is only hard if you use the new Pokemon and that's because the majority of them are incredibly slow.
>>
>>31029444

Kalos gives you a free Mega lucario

That shit destroys fucking everyone in the game
>>
File: IMG_0349.jpg (245KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0349.jpg
245KB, 863x752px
>>31029444

>Have 2 starters

>Have a Mega evolution stone for your Kanto starter

>Here's Lucario with with a fucking megastone
>>
>>31023088
>honeymoon phase
This meme is stupid.
>>
>>31029444
>free secondary Starter and Mega Lucario in XY
>free Mega Latios/Latias in ORAS

kys
>>
>>31029444
>31029444
fuck off you kalosfaggot

mega lucario
2 starters
>>
>>31023088

After the honeymoon period.

But seriously, SM does some pretty nice things, tho they do some pretty awful things as well. I hate that theres almost nothing to do once you complete your Pokedex because the Battle Tree is an absolte shitshow with the AI counterbuilding the shit out of you, and sometimes literally cheating, Festival Plaza is boring and tedious, and the current meta is just plain dumb. They should have had Move Tutors in this game, and then another set of Move Tutors in the next games.
>>
>>31029633
or you can just kill yourself instead
>>
>>31029466
I don't think you understand.
The Pelago just hands you pokemon at any given moment in time. Not just scripted events or anything for specific mon.

Then of course there's also the fact that you can gain a free Zygarde about halfway through the story that you could make 50% without really going off the railroaded path you're on.
And that free Aerodactl which demolishes any slow Alolan mon.
Then there's the Z-moves that you can use right at the beginning of the game.
Oh and the Island Scan for non-native starters.
>>
>>31029460
The thing is, XY was specifically made to maximize the return of Genwunners. Bad as a new forms to old Mons? 111 Kanto Mons vs 72 Kalos ones? A huge pokedex showing what Pokemon you missed? Simple story? 3D? Check on all fronts

>>31029655
Getting so defensive of the game against valid arguments is what causes threads like this
>>
>>31029734
That is supposed to say badass
>>
>>31029716
no I dont think you understand.

you are an absolute dipshit who surpasses op in shitty fucking opinions.

Pelago doesnt give you an op fucking pokemon and you cant use z moves early in the game you asswipe.
>>
>>31029655

>if you don't blindly support my favorite game, you should cease to live

never change /vp/
>>
>>31029734
you being a fag causes threads like this
>>
>>31029786
We're both right
>>
>>31023088
Hopefully they make a 3rd game (Assuming it'll be called Prism) that'll fix the shit that's wrong and add more/improve the game
>>
>>31023088
>dude negativity lmao
>>
>>31023897

>kids games can't be difficult because they're for kids.

Pokemon Stadium is for kids and it still managed to have optional difficulty that is challenging for all ages and demographs.
>>
>>31029765
>Pelago doesnt give you an op fucking pokemon
Just to name a few you can get from the Pelago
>Metang
>Trevenant
>Kadabra
>Drifblim

>you cant use z moves early in the game you asswipe.
You do realise you get the Z ring right at the beginning of the story and learn how to use Z-moves as soon as you receive Normalium-Z which is recieved sooner than megas in any gen 6 game.
Also I never tried it but it may be possible to use Snorlium-Z before that point.

And again there's Zygarde.
>>
people who called gen 1 hard should get fucking shot, I played for the first time Blue the week before SM dropped and it was piss easy, the difficulty steamed from how fucking glithy and clunky it was, but the AI was absolutely braindead andenemy pokemon had absolutely garbage moves, still enjoyed it though but I easily defeated the elite four being 20 levels lower where as in Sun I was about 6-10 levels lower towards the end and had died a couple of times.
>>
>>31029962
People who say that gen 1 was hard is nostalgia faggots that remembered the game as a kid, a time where they were stupid and knew nothing about playing pokemon.
>>
>>31023088
SM is pretty good
>>
>>31030021
or when the strongest move most pokemon learned was some stab 60bp move
>>
>>31029765
Aww is little Alolasome crying that people are starting to see that SM are almost as shit as XY? It's OK buddy, you'll learn eventually :^)
>>
>>31030259
clearly you are 12
>>
File: 1295569302485.png (201KB, 686x700px) Image search: [Google]
1295569302485.png
201KB, 686x700px
>>31029962
>>31030021
If anything, the main difficulties in Gen 1 were balance issues such as the lack of good moves for many Pokemon/types, as >>31030134 noted, but also the absolute lack of any in-game information about most things. Without prior or outside knowledge, you don't get to know things as simple as the power/accuracy/effects of your moves, and there's little way of knowing that your Geodude's Rock Throw keeps missing not because of unkind RNG but because the move only has, like, 65 accuracy, or that that Fire Spin your Charizard's trying to learn is actually not a straight upgrade to Flamethrower.
>>
>>31030259

Alola isn't even close to my favorite gen but it sure as fuck isn't Kalos either.
>>
>>31029444
>Kalos wasn't as casualized as Alola
>free mega lucario
>free mega kanto starter
>free mega aerodactyl if you spent some time to look for it
>exp share being incredibly fucking broken

Meanwhile in Alola you get, uh... Z stones which aren't even one-shots? An Aerodactyl on the fourth island?
>>
File: 1482394950577.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1482394950577.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>31030259
>Alolasome
Is this even supposed to be a fucking insult? Good god. At least Unovabortion has some bite to it.
>>
>>31030567
>Free powerful Z-move at the beginning of the game
>free zygarde midway
>Island scan mon for all three Johto starters
>Pelago mon for a ton of free mon
>Free Aerodactyl

The only way you can lose if if you choose to gimp yourself even harder than you would in XY.
>>
>>31030604

i think it's supposed to be pronounced like loathsome? either way the pun is terrible, drawn out, and doesn't stick with you at all.
KINDA LIKE X/Y AMIRITE OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>31024010
Lol sweep with Luxray and anything to take out Rhydon.
Back then: Zapdos and Lapras.
>>
>>31030785
Just so you know except for genwunner all of the names are meant to be a joke with each gen getting to younger and younger stages
Toddler
Babby
Fetus
Abortion
Sperm
Some
As in Chromosome

They were never really intended to be used as insults as much as a way to name fanatics of a gen.
>>
>>31030869
>explaining it to the newfags
>>
>>31030902
It's christmas anon. They have to learn at some point.
>>
File: 1482450438883.png (289KB, 881x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482450438883.png
289KB, 881x400px
>>31030869
So what, people are just going to start recycling the names come Gen 8? This seems like a very poorly thought out naming system.

I always assumed Unovabortion was just a standalone thing used for shitposting.
>>
>>31031015
>I always assumed Unovabortion was just a standalone thing used for shitposting.

It kinda was at first (I mean, it still is). We used to call them Unovembryos before instead.
>>
>>31023088
It may be a little underwhelming, but accept the fact that they have merit as decent games after the mess that is Gen VI.

I believe some of you are just forcing this hate meme like you did with Gen V or Gen VI (but Gen VI did quite deserve the hate it's getting, so it's understandable.)
>>
>>31031071
>It kinda was at first
Nah, we had toddlers long before abortions. Granted that doesn't mean they were all in order either.

If I remember right the order was something like 2 > 5 > 3 > 4
6 and 7 are the only ones to be in order.
>>
>>31031015
>used for shitposting

Calling unovabortions out on their bias and extreme fantardism isn't exactly shitpositing tbqhwyf
>>
>>31031174
Just so you know ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
File: 1482381326269.jpg (136KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1482381326269.jpg
136KB, 750x750px
>>31031174
It wouldn't be shitposting if that's all it was used for, but people drop that term anytime ANYONE mentions Gen 5 in a positive manner. The games weren't the best by far, but I find it ridiculous that the gen that at least tried to be original and new gets shit on more than the pandering trash released the next gen and the watered down Lillie-flavored koolaid of Gen 7.
>>
>>31031382
It's mainly because what people want from video games in general has shifted from the new and original to the safe and predictable.
That's why we're lucky to get anything that moves out of the norm nowadays whereas about two gens ago we were getting original games out the ass.
>>
>>31031382
While I generally agree with you, I don't get why gen5 tried doing something new? It actually is my main complaint about Unova games.

Mind you, gen7 didn't add anything relevant either; I just don't see originality as a possible discerning factor.
>>
>>31031382
Yes, I agree. People who are obnoxious about shitting on Gen 5, or any Gen really, are cancer, too.
>>
I wish Gladion had more of a role in the games. You could remove him entirely from the games and the plot would progress the same exact way. I liked that Not-Actually-Edgy-At-All kid and his awesome theme.
>>
File: Yancy_Xtransceiver.png (9KB, 128x169px) Image search: [Google]
Yancy_Xtransceiver.png
9KB, 128x169px
>>31031655
>I don't get why gen5 tried doing something new?

I think they mean plotwise. You gotta admit the finale was pretty intense and satisfying.

I think it was also trying to be a bit of a fresh start while still keeping to the original formula, which is why it had 100% new mons, even when some of them were just re-imaginings of the original Pokemon staples, like a 3 stage rock and fighting mon whose last stage you get by trading, jellyfish-like watermon, batmon in a cave, ect.
>>
>>31029280

I unironically miss Brave Bird.
>>
>>31024243
>>31024279
Friendly reminder that they're going to be Diamond/Pearl remakes, not Platinum remakes.
>>
>>31030869

>Babby

it's Hoennfants now.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.