[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, cli

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 18

File: Tokens.png (669KB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
Tokens.png
669KB, 700x560px
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed)

You can also check this FAQ:
http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

TotT: What decks are you running? (And why isn't it Trev?)
>>
Discord etc etc for anyone interested.
https://discord.gg/chVfNWb

On topic, running Darkrai decks for standard with some mix of scizor too. Expanded is night march and raikou. Might change lists whenever that new giratina is finally officially released.
>>
>>31021338
fucked up with that thread title op

On topic, I've been on hiatus from PTCGO since Breakpoint but I plan to come back with Sun/Moon
Lunatris-GX looks interesting so I'm probably going to run that
>>
So my local store is looking into starting up a PTCG scene. I play Yugioh and Weiss Schwarz primarily, but YGO is in a constant state of cancer. This game seems pretty enjoyable, and decently affordable outside of Shaymin, so I'm up for getting into it. So a couple of questions I guess I have

-Is there going to be a rotation coming up in Standard or Expanded soon since Sun and Moon is coming up?
-How forgiving or punishing is the meta in this game? That is, can you build a deck around something you like that's not necessarily the "best deck", and still do reasonably well, assuming the deck is built competently?
-Are local tournaments forced to adhere strictly to the rules regarding sleeves? Like, will I be able to get away with using my anime sleeves and oversleeves for regular shop tournaments as long as I follow TPCI's rules at higher level events? (I would assume yes, but I'm a judge in YGO, and we're supposed to enforce our no double sleeving rule at locals)
>>
>>31022428
>Is there going to be a rotation coming up in Standard or Expanded soon since Sun and Moon is coming up?

Rotations for Standard happen every September, they RARELY happen mid-season.

>-How forgiving or punishing is the meta in this game? That is, can you build a deck around something you like that's not necessarily the "best deck", and still do reasonably well, assuming the deck is built competently?

Not really, you can check what won previous tournaments on Pokemon's main site.

>-Are local tournaments forced to adhere strictly to the rules regarding sleeves? Like, will I be able to get away with using my anime sleeves and oversleeves for regular shop tournaments as long as I follow TPCI's rules at higher level events? (I would assume yes, but I'm a judge in YGO, and we're supposed to enforce our no double sleeving rule at locals)

It depends on if the local tournaments are sanctioned by TPCi, even lower events like Premier Challenges are sanctioned.

But with that said running sleeves that aren't Pokemon-themed, clear, or single-color is a no-no at sanctioned tournaments. Double-sleeving varies depending on the judge, but as long as it doesn't make the backs reflective and the fronts too blurry you should be good.
>>
>>31021515
Ah so that's why the threads never last.

Fucking cancer circlejerking. Perfect.
>>
>>31022795
>the reason threads never last

No it's because no one bumps the threads and keeps it alive.
To give perspective no one made a thread until someone from discord made the thread.

I usually made threads at work but I can't anymore since the site is blocked half the time.
>>
>>31022826
>No it's because no one bumps the threads and keeps it alive.
Because of the discord. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
Oh, and enter "Holiday2016" into the TCGO's redemption page (without quotations) to get 5 free trade-locked Uncommon Chests.

>>31021338
>What decks are you running?

Anything with Garbodor, but M Mewtwo-EX and Scizor come to mind.

>And why isn't it Trev?

Because you didn't specify a format. I run Trev in Expanded sometimes, but Seismitoad-EX/Crobat does a better job of getting on people's nerves.

>>31022795

It's also due to Sun and Moon's release back in November killing our buzz and lack of anything new tournament-wise to bring it back. Sun & Moon's Japanese release brought some attention back, but it was short-lived.
>>
>>31022844
>I'm telling you people don't bump the thread
>this somehow proves you point

People just don't post nigger whether it be because we have a discord or not. In addition a lot of people are on holidays and shit, I'm on holidays and I can't monitor the thread like I can at home. And I was one of the frequent posters/maker of new threads.

People being on discord mean nothing to thread posting. If people don't want to post in thread then they won't, discord or not.

But keep believing in the discord boggieman. :^)
>>
>>31022907
>People being on discord mean nothing to thread posting
Well why the fuck would they post in a thread when they have a discord to post in?

You logic has no basis.
>>
>>31023103
>Well why the fuck would they post in a thread when they have a discord to post in?

Because other communities can still function while also having a discord, have a good look at /wfg/.
>>
>>31023156
Other =/= all.
>>
Can I link my android account to a pc one?
>>
>>31023898
While we are on the topic, can I override it to work on the phone? If not, how long will I wait for it not to be tablet exclusive?
>>
>>31023757

But it is an example, you're just trying to find a negative where there's only uncertainty.

>>31023898

Accounts are universal, I can log onto my iPad and my computer with the same account.

>>31023923

That depends on the operating system, I know there are some workarounds for Android (but not iOS).
>>
>>31022566
So play the best deck or die? I'm okay with that, though I'll still try to make jank work. The main guy trying to get it started here is the kind of guy who loves to complain about people just being "tryhards" though
>>
>>31024566

Pretty much, although you could Teir 2/3 decks at more casual events like Leagues.
>>
File: 20161225_125048.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161225_125048.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
Okay, so I got an Alola Collection Box for christmas and decided to start playing online and I'm a little confused.

I put in all the codes and stuff and started building a deck. What do the numbers mean at the bottom? The Arcanine one has a 0 but I can still put 2 in before it grays out the other two. I'm aware that you can only have up to 4 of any card in a deck There's a gray lock with a 2 becide it. Sorry, I'm really new and I did read the stebin
>>
>>31025016
The lock means you can't trade it.

Typically from cards they give you via the client, like free packs and stuff for doing dailies. The tradeable cards are the ones you physically buy and input the code card.
>>
>>31025078

Which is a bit odd in this case, cards/packs obtained via codes should be tradable.
>>
>>31025132
I don't think the anon said those were what he inputted though, just asking what the lock means.

Those all look like the standard few cards you get when you start.
>>
>>31025155

Good point, I didn't read the post closely enough.
>>
How bad/comfy is PTCGO on a tablet? I'm finally getting one next month.
>>
>>31025212
It's VERY comfy.

You can QR code packs you open. Get real toasty under covers and make silly decks.
>>
>>31025212

It's nice to have the game on-the-go, but the touch controls can be a bit iffy if you're used to mouse controls.

Oh, and try to get a tablet with a data plan or make sure your phone has wireless tethering. You don't want to be reliant on Wi-Fi 100% of the time.
>>
>>31025242

Not on the iPad of course, Apple made the staff remove that function of the game.

At least we have web redemption now.
>>
>>31025078
>>31025132
>>31025155
>>31025185

Thanks. I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'll be sure to ask if I got anymore questions
>>
>>31025579
Cool beans dude.

Pokemon has the best standard out of all the TCGs right now, have fun and experiment.
>>
Can I still use Basic Orange in theme deck format?
>>
>>31025926

Yes, but newer accounts can no longer obtain it.
>>
>>31025937
Can they play it if they manually assemble it? Also when does it rotate?
>>
>>31026106

Not in Theme, the deck has to be given to you to do that.

>Also when does it rotate?

There are no rotations for Theme, but it stopped being given out to new players a couple of years ago. New players now get Mental Might when you should've gotten Basic Orange.
>>
>>31026240
Damn. Mental might seems way weaker.
>>
So am I allowed to use my own decks in the trainer challenges or do have to stick to the shitty water/fire/electric ones the whole time?
>>
File: 142246787027.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
142246787027.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>There's a "Gentleman's club" on the TCGO that now decides matches based on coin flips.
>If you win, they'll concede instantly.
>If they win, they'll spam "Well Played!" until you concede the match (in reality, they're either forced to play the game properly or concede).

People who play like that need to be shot.

>>31026294

It's actually better than most Theme decks, the only downside is that it only focuses on a few attackers (Gallade, Miltank, and Swoobat to some extent).
>>
>>31026461

You're restricted to Theme decks when it comes to the TC.
>>
>>31026494
Figured. I wanted to use the water deck I just built but I guess it's beneficial to do trainer challenges first

Thank you
>>
>>31026479
But is it better than basic orange?
>>
FOR NEW PLAYERS PLAYING THEME FORMAT:
A lot of the theme decks are viable. Its just knowing which pokemon cards to focus on and power up while using the filler cards as shields and staying ahead in the prize trade.
- decide whether you want to sweep early on by setting up the active
-OR throw the filler cards up in the active as shields then sweep late-game
-prepare multiple attackers if you can in case active goes down
-just gotta be lucky and hope that your theme deck's striker isn't prized.
>>
File: pkm_plasmafreeze047.jpg (74KB, 343x480px) Image search: [Google]
pkm_plasmafreeze047.jpg
74KB, 343x480px
is it worth running a single copy of Mr. Mime to prevent Trev from racking too much damage?
>>
>>31027652

No because it literally does nothing to stop Trevenant BREAK.
>>
>>31027670
for the same reason it doesn't protect against bats right?
Damage counters =/= base attack damage
>>
>>31027822

yup

if you're concerned about trev's spread damage, try promo shaymin ex
>>
What are the benefits of the trainer challenges? I'm getting really fucking bored playing with the shitty theme decks they give you, and i'm only on the 4th trainer
>>
>>31028072

Packs.
>>
I just got a bonus wheel after winning a vs match and it gave me a bonus box or something. Do I have to open it manually in a certain menu or does it open byself
>>
>>31028442

Go to your collection.
>>
Question about physical booster boxes.

Do they come with any guaranteed rares, full arts, etc? I'm looking to start a physical collection this year as well as possibly attend some local tournaments.
>>
Is grass overpowered? I was using the Zygarde theme deck and deerling just seems too good. One energy to look for any pokemon? Why wouldn't everyone have 4 of those in every deck?
>>
Fighting against Tyson always made me laugh, he would just make himself lose because he would blow through his deck with tiernos and prof. sycamores. His victreebel and ludicolo were annoying but I never worried because he would just kill himself
>>
>>31027652
Cuz we have balls. Ultra ballz, heavy balls, big meaty level balls. We don't need to stack energy on a squishy pokemon and waste a turn attacking with it. Plus if the opponent forces you to shuffle then that would suck. If you need to set up why not roaring skies skarmory? One energy puts two basics on the bench, has a resist, and is somewhat bulky.
>>
>>31029866
>>31030090
>>
>>31030090
*Set up with an attack
>>
anyone got a good current zoroark decklist ?
the stand in variant is pretty good even under item lock when facing trev.
>>
So I beat the gold league in the trainer challenge. Appearently I have to keep beating the trainers to get stars and by filling up 4 stars, I get a booster pack. Is that right? What if I buy a theme deck from the store, would it be easier?
>>
>>31032216
if you buy another theme deck you need to do the process again for that deck.
For new players starting out, you just have to grind through it. Start hoarding tokens and tickets you receive from playing. The ladder is also very helpful.
Level up from the daily challenges and once you reach a certain point you can start really expanding your collection and begin playing with meta decks.
>>
And back to the front page with you.
>>
File: 20161226_063834988_iOS.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161226_063834988_iOS.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Still waiting for my first irl deck to ship.

Now that I got my shaymin play set and staples it feels good to be able to change deck for a little more than a brand new console game.

Also kinda disappointed in my pulls from my first 10 or so packs from promo boxes
>>
>>31034406

Flareon-EX is okay, it sees some use in Volcanion decks as an attacker.
>>
Do they ever have non standard format cards as ladder rewards?
>>
>>31035103

They did for the last few ladders, I know we got Meloetta-EX and Plasma Genesect-EX for some of 'em.
>>
>tfw you can't complete a daily because your opponents surrender so fast
>>
If you are good enough can you make money on tcgo without putting in any?
>>
>>31037662
make real life money?
you mean like sell accounts?
I'm sure that breaks term of service and is borderline illegal. And honestly not worth it.
You may not be spending money but you are spending time.
>>
I cant register for tcgo because of pokemon go related traffick. Is there a workaround for this?
>>
File: deck.png (1MB, 1247x595px) Image search: [Google]
deck.png
1MB, 1247x595px
would love some help
>>
>>31038227
why the hypno line?
it would make sense if you were running dark head darkrai but even then Malamar EX is better.
If you need to stall while charging up your attackers; maybe robo subs?
if it was me playing:
-cut fighting energy and hypno line
-increase max elixirs to 4
-add single copy of brigette for possible evo set up ; maybe single copy of jirachi ex to assist with possible item lock
-remove evo sodas and replace with 3-4 ultra balls
-add another trainer's mail and float stone
-if you dont have shaymin consider adding 1-2 copies cheren or shauna to help with draw support; there are times when you have resource in your hand you dont want to shuffle or discard away.
>>
>>31038351
i'll try this and consider i have every standard card
>>
>>31038351
Also i was using hypno to sleep defending pokemon then switch in zoro and retreat to yvetel or stay and do dirty play
>>
>going through the few real cards i have left.
>find weird dropped ideas like delta species latias, lv.x dialga and regice .
i doubt these things are valuable at all, but how used were these things?
>>
>>31038462
that regice is supposed to have a star next to it.
>>
>>31038144
Help please. I really want to get into this.
>>
>>31038377
>>31038394
yeah sorry i mostly play expanded.
Honestly, I dont think the sleep is worth it
That is assuming you manage to have a drowzee on the bench and get the coin flip.
For me its just another target. Especially if you get a bad start and have drowzee in the active.
Hypno further increases your chances of not have a basic pokemon to start with leading you to mulligan and have the opponent draw more.
(also instead of delinquent i would run Teammates if they KO your pokemon; teammates can grant you a revenge kill)
I should give your build a try.
>>
>>31038144

>pokemon go related traffic

Is this why it kicked me out and said the servers were offline?
>>
>>31038525
you make a good argument and probably will remove them...so if i'm removing the fighting energy is carbink just to stall? and are my only pokemon only yvetel and zoro? or do you suggest a pokemon to add? forget shaymin actually, it's pretty expensive and feel like it's not worth the hassle...
>>
>>31038560
I dont know. I can play as a guest but it wont let me register. I would really appreciate it if there was a way around it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>31038571
yveltal is there to punish high energy attackers; while zoroark is there to either punish big benches or save your active and finish off the opponent's pokemon. The problem is that it takes time to set up zoroark to evolve.
If your opponent outspeeds you then carbink is there to slow them down if they depend on EX pokemon to do damage. Carbink is a wall to buy time/turns while you get the bench ready.
The problem with carbink is if abilities are shut off or if they use non ex pokemon like NM then carbink is just a free prize.
Like if they play silent lab or wobbuffet.
Which is why I think robo subs could help since you dont give up a prize when they get KOed and you can discard them with ultra ball and get the pokemon you do need. BUT if they are in your hand during item lock then they are basically useless dead weight. Basically you are making a Dark Version of Donphan Deck where you can have a lot of switching between the bench.
>>
>>31038728
what about umbreon ex?
that pokemon only does 70 but if i do fight a M ex then that's 4 cards picked up. I could always switch out zoro to put in umbreon to sweep. ....or just use robos, add another yvetel and throw in some ultra balls to make sure i get what i need but that increases the mulligans i get since my only basic is yvetel and zoroa 6:60
>>
>>31038227

I don't have experience with dark decks, so I can't give you detailed info, but I can offer some general points.

-Carbink does not really make sense in this deck. Its effect can be useful, but it is too easily countered and so should only really be used in a deck already using fighting Pokemon (in particular as a BREAK, to spread energy). Also, it takes up too much space in your deck. Without Carbink you can just run Darkness + DCE (this means you don't need Professor's Letter).

-Hypno is probably not worth the effort. In almost all strong decks, consistency is the most important thing by far. Having one central strategy that you can consistently execute is key. Hypno (like Carbink) just adds too many cards that will hurt your consistency.

>If removing these, get rid of Evosoda/Level Ball.

-If you are running Delinquent, you should probably run a stadium too. It's a dead card if no stadium is in play. Parallel City would be good.

-You should use some baby (non-EX) Yveltals. There are 2 kinds. The Oblivion Wing one spreads energy (very useful for Yveltal-EX). This is from the discard pile, so removes the need for Fisherman. The Fright Night one turns off tools (very useful in certain situations) and can snipe benched EXs, so you can still hate on EXs without Carbink.

All this will leave a lot of space, so you can add consistency cards(e.g. another Sycamore, another Trainers' Mail, more Max Elixirs and maybe an Octillery line until you can afford Shaymins).

ADD ULTRA BALLS.
>>
>>31038846
this is very insightful i'll try this and post what i found out after 5 matches to test
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 390x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 390x550px
Did your favorite Pokemon ever had a meta relevant (or at least playable) card?

It wasnt tier 0 or anything but I remember pic related being used in some decks (FlyChamp?). Also, Rainbow Float Flygon from Rising Rivals.
>>
File: P_20161223_215850.jpg (1MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161223_215850.jpg
1MB, 2304x4096px
I found these at my store on Family Dollar. Are they good to buy and plus?? Or are they just left over tins from the past?
>>
>>31039439

It's a newer product, the Gengar is an alternate holo print of BREAKthrough's Gengar.

They're a cheaper alternative to the newer tins, these come with one less pack than them and lack a code card for the displayed cards.
>>
>>31038996
azumarill has always sucked to my knowledge
>>
File: Glalie-EX full art.jpg (71KB, 400x557px) Image search: [Google]
Glalie-EX full art.jpg
71KB, 400x557px
>>31038996

Drifblim is my favourite Pokemon but I don't think any of the cards were ever that great. The Dragons Exalted one (similar to Raticate from Evolutions) is probably the best. Not a veteran TCG player though, so I'm not 100% sure.

Glalie is a close 2nd though and Glalie-EX isn't too bad. Problem is that it really needs to be used together with M Glalie-EX, but I really dislike Mega Glalie...
>>
>>31038846
How many octillery should I carry? 2 would be enough?
>>
>>31042518
2-2 line
2 remoraid 2 octillery
>>
Why is the shop in fucking spanish?
>>
>>31042864

It's probably a glitch, I'm seeing it in Spanish too.
>>
Why are there only so few theme decks in the shop? Is the only way to get the others buying physical copies?
>>
Why the hell is this so addicting? I haven't touched Pokemon Sun in like two days

It's probably just how different it is after switching from Yugioh
>>
>>31043584
never really liked YGO because of how insane the power creep got.
current PTCG has surprising depth but all in all its easy to pick up and play.
>>
>>31043584
Well it's not like there is much to do in Sun after beating the game
>>
File: deck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
so after 5 test matches I won all 5 but there were things i felt needed improving.

every match i had to mulligan...not enough basic or just bad luck but it was for every match, at least once, sometimes twice.
not enough energy as well as too much fury belts. they necessarily didn't help that much as only adding 10 damage and my pokemon never really felt threatened that have +40hp saved them from the brink. I never really know how to play ultra balls. I either use fury belts to sacrifice or another ultraball and some random card but i feel that's wrong so unsure how best to use ultraball when i have a sycamore, N a DCE and ...a zoroark
>>
>>31044291
I take it back i don't think it was that i need more energy just ways to bring it out when i needed it
>>
>>31044291

>every match i had to mulligan

With 10 basics, I'm surprised that you are having to Mulligan so frequently. Could just be a short run of bad luck. I would repeat my earlier suggestion of an Oblivion Wing Yveltal though. It would be another basic and additional energy attachments can be extremely useful.

>not enough energy

This is one of the problems that can occur when playing DCE and Max Elixir together. That said, I think you could go to 8 or even 9 basic energy and be alright. Again, Oblivion Wing Yveltal will help here.

>too much fury belts

You can adjust this if you wish, but I don't think 2 is excessive. As you play more, I think you will value them. 210HP is substantial.

If you are looking to remove cards, I would get rid of Brigette and at least 1 Teammates.

>unsure how best to use ultraball when i have a sycamore, N a DCE and ...a zoroark

This knowledge really only comes with practise. The decision on which cards are disposable and which you need to keep depends on the board state; what you've already discarded; what's in your prizes and what your opponent is playing.
>>
>>31044630

>As you play more

I mean as you play more matches, not more Fighting Fury Belts.
>>
>>31044682
i'll add in an oblivion wing yveltal and remove a teammate that should help bringing back any energy i discard
>>
yeah 2 teammates is a little much.
its useless in your hand if you go first.
it can be safely discarded with ultra ball on your first turn and its there to potentially give you a comback situation to either find an energy or pick up rare candy to evolve if you lose your active and need to set up another attacker quickly.
>>
>>31038996
No. At least his counterpart is a great card, though its matches take forever.
>>
File: M-Rayquaz-EX-Dragon.jpg (750KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
M-Rayquaz-EX-Dragon.jpg
750KB, 718x1000px
>>31038996
I dont really have a favorite pokemon . But getting this to work in a deck for that big dick 300 damage per turn is pretty fun.
>>
File: XY11_EN_26.png (207KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY11_EN_26.png
207KB, 245x342px
>>31038996
Will be relevant eventually, I'm sure. Just waiting for Garbodor to rotate out.

Until then, I'm just a Scizor check.
>>
>>31047408

Volcanion's been doing well in tournaments, it usually gets into the Top 8 when tournaments are in Standard.
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-26+at+08.22.32).jpg (379KB, 1278x744px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-26+at+08.22.32).jpg
379KB, 1278x744px
>>31047874
I've been getting walled hard by Yveltal/Garb, Mewtwo, Alakazam, Greninja, anything that accelerates faster than me, really. I'm not sure if it's my set up or if the deck just underperforms in general against those decks.
>>
>>31048011
Just realized I clipped the counts on Fury and Float. They're at 2x and 3x, respectively.
>>
>>31048011

Compare your build to what those players are running, that should help you find the problem.

>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/orlando-regionals-2016/tcg-masters/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/fort-wayne-regionals-2016/tcg-masters/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/internationals/2017/tcg-masters/

There are a couple of interesting techs, mostly in the form of a Dragonite-EX EVO in a Fort Wayne decklist and Salamence-EX in a European decklist.

The only thing that makes yours different from those is Flareon-EX (which I'd consider dropping) and the Stadiums.

>I've been getting walled hard by Yveltal/Garb, Mewtwo, Alakazam, Greninja.

Those tend to wall Volcanion regardless of Garbodor and it's usually due to their attacks counting the Energies of both Actives (Mewtwo and Yveltal), Damage Swap (Mewtwo), Weakness (Greninja), or Ability denial outside of Garbodor (Greninja).
>>
>>31048361
I ran Dnite for a bit, but I didn't see much use out of it. More often than not, it was Lysandre bait.

Looking at what others are running, it's looking like the main difference is what you mentioned, as well as my Sycamore count. I think I might be playing too reserved with my hands, trying to keep energy on hand to Steam Up against potential Yveltal and Mewtwo before they can get the sweep.
>>
>>31048011
>just 1 sycamore and 1 N
wew lad
>>
ok so i'm loving this deck >>31044291
we made but i keep losing to garbador/giratina combo

any suggestions?
>>
>>31048752
post your current deck build
but based on the one in the pic
I would :
-remove stadiums and delinquent
-remove 1 teammates
-add xerosic (removes special energy or tool )
-add enhanced hammer (removes special energy)
-add tool scrapper/megaphone (removes tool)
>>
>>31048868
xerosic tool scrapper and megaphone aren't standard
>>
>>31049003
shit i was going to say head ringer as well.
damn this is what expanded has done to me. I'm used to having so many options.
i guess 2 enhanced hammers
and team flare grunt?
maybe run assault vest to reduce damage from special energy?
>>
File: adeck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
adeck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>31049193
going to try this and see how it goes...thanks!
>>
>>31049346
you might want to reduce team flare grunt to 2 and add level balls since they can be used to evolve remoraid to octillery without having to discard resource.
have you been able to take advantage of octillery consistently?
>>
>>31049346
is it me or the fury belt is bugged? it says "...gain 40 hp and 10 damage" but it really give 10/10
>>
File: adeck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
adeck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>31049620
updated
>>31049640
it is bugged, sometimes i literally get no extra 10 damage
>>
are you guys sure its bugged?
remember that FFB buffs basic pokemon ONLY so attaching it to zoroark or its break version is not going to work. Also the effect ends once a basic pokemon evolves.
>>
>>31049640
>>31049656
Are you trying to use it when Fright Night is active?
>>
>>31049857
no it just a glitch that happens sometimes
>>
Quick question

So the ways to earn coins are by winning VS matches, beating the trainer challenges and getting bonus wheels?
>>
Here's a cautionary tale for those who are new getting into pokemon
>be me tonight
>go to walmart get some cards for the first time
>get an evolutions elite box
>get some cards, but most are shit
>decide to get a tin so I can have a deck
>the yveltal one looks cool, plus I hear it's good
>get it
>realize that not only is it not a deck, it's just booster cards plus yveltal but also that it was the first XY in 2014 and as a result is no longer in standard, the format I wanted to play
tl;dr I wasted $20 on a tin that's in expanded when I wanted a deck for standard
>>
>>31052152
yes
>>
>>31052803
Newer-ish tin codes are still good for ptcgo. Should've gotten the shiny yveltal one instead of regular.
>>
>>31052803
It's the same way when it comes to Yugioh. You don't get a deck, you just get some packs and some promos in a tin.
>>
>>31052947
I thought it was like magic, so I guess I deserve it
>>31052904
is there a tin or something with the shiny yveltal?
>>
>>31052803
Yveltal-EX is still in standard and the best deck right now
>>
>>31053133
but can I use the one from XY? I figured it would have to be from an expansion that's in the standard
>>
>>31053165
Yveltal with Oblivion Wing, right?

That one is standard legal.
>>
>>31053165
>>31053385
All Yveltals are standard legal except for Air Crash/Wings of Destruction Yveltal.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.