[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://nintendoeverything.com/game- freak-talks-pokemon-alol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 272
Thread images: 29

File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
http://nintendoeverything.com/game-freak-talks-pokemon-alola-forms-and-potential-return-series-future-more/
>Masuda on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl remakes
>"I don’t know… (laughs)."
>>
>>31020629
>masuda on pokemon red and green re-remakes
>yes! we'll do it because we are greedy.
>>
File: 9a1.jpg (37KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
9a1.jpg
37KB, 600x870px
>>31020629
>I don’t know… (laughs).

Kek. That got a laugh out of me.

After thinking about how ORAS could've been so much more I don't even want remakes anymore. Holy shit, they really dropped the ball. They'll just casualise the fuck out of D/P/Pt anyways. I've moved on from remakes.

>>31020687
Kek.

Also, holy shit, what is up with Masuda's teeth?
>>
>>31020774
>They'll just casualise the fuck out of D/P/Pt anyways
Mt Coronet is now a long straight hallway with no zigzagging and no obstacles other than a couple ledges to diferentiate zones.
The only water body will be a small pond on the side to fish feebas.
No changes to Hearthome City because Platinum already railed it.
>>
>>31021258
>Mt Coronet is now a long straight hallway with no zigzagging and no obstacles other than a couple ledges to diferentiate zones.
I'd be fine with this. Coronet was a boring slog so the less time I have to spend there the better.
>>
>>31020774
>They'll just casualise the fuck out of D/P/Pt anyways
yeah man I really miss the uber hardcore pokemon games for true gamers such as myself
>>
File: Masuda (2).png (192KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
Masuda (2).png
192KB, 336x418px
>>
>>31021282
The inside of Mt. Coronet was fucking boring because it was just a generic cave, but I enjoyed the outside climbs a lot because I like comfy snow areas.

If they really remake DPPt they need to make the inside of Mt. Coronet more visually interesting. I mean, it's the focal point of the story and several Pokemon can only evolve there, so it should look special in some way.
>>
>haha i dont really know
Hes done it again
>>
I really hate this guy. Literally his smile makes me upset. It's like he's laughing at all of us suckers who continually buy his half assed products.

Imagine if Pokemon were directed by someone who actually was competent. This is what pisses me off most.
>>
>>31021417
S&M were actually directed by someone else. Although he retained his post as producer. I wish he'd go back to being a composer and nothing more.
>>
>>31021383
Mountain full of Diamonds and Pearls

>>31021417
Well stop fucking buying it if you really think that way. Masuda isn't forcing you to buy anything. I haven't bought a Pokemon game since OR/AS.
>>
>>31021327
I doubt anyone's asking for it to be ball bustingly hard, just not a walk in the park like gen 6 games.
>>
>>31021444
That was the previous Pokemon game, m8. Why not just say you haven't gotten S/M?
>>
File: 2434.png (131KB, 500x536px) Image search: [Google]
2434.png
131KB, 500x536px
>>31021444

Initially, i was going to argue with you, but since you got those sexy trips, I'm going to have to agree with your excellent point. Fuck.
>>
>>31020629
What they really need to do is get Genius Sonority making more Proper 3D Pokemon games instead of the shitty spinoffs they have them working on
>>
>>31021327
I almost had no complaints with oras

But they had to remove the battlen frontier....
>>
>>31020774
>They'll just casualise the fuck out of D/P/Pt
How can they make the easiest Pokemon games even easier?
>>
>>31021545
XY is the easiest.
>>
>>31020629
That's our Masuda
>>
>>31021545
That wasn't Lilligant Sweep: The Game
>>
>alolan forms are pandering to genwun
>laughs at the thought of sinnoh remakes
is masuda (((our))) guy?
>>
>>31020774
>d/p remakes are still 30 fps

>>31020629
cool to know that they'll still consider doing regional forms in the future. maybe if d/p remakes do happen we'll start seeing sinnoh forms
>>
I would unironically prefer a Kanto sequel than Sinnoh remakes with Kantoian forms.

That's how much I hated DP, and I know they won't remake Platinum.
>>
>>31020629
The fact that he said he doesn't know and proceeds to laugh is good indication that the motherfucker already has them planned

You can't fool me Masuda
>>
We're not going to be seeing anyian forms from old regions, that just wouldn't make sense, new pokemon can't just be shoehorned into old regions until postgame and at that point why bother.
>>
>>31021861
It depends on how he worded it in Japanese, if he was being vague and dismissive it would imply they're at least considering the idea.

>>31021877
>new pokemon can't just be shoehorned into old regions
They had no issue shoehorning new Evos into ORAS and even making one of them Wally main. Dunno.
>>
>>31021877
Sequel != a remake. Hence why it'd be fresh enough to do.
>>
>>31021895
You have a point, but I'm not talking about evolutionary relatives, I'm talking about completely new pokemon that have never been seen in said region previously, you can get away with stuff like this in sequels like GSC did with Kanto, but creating an alternate form for a pokemon that has never lived in a region makes no sense
>>
Diamond and pearl were among some of the best selling games in the Franchise

Gamefreak will remake them
>>
I wish generations were remade in their entirety, not just a pick of the core games, by this I'm referring to Pokemon Stadium, Colosseum, Battle Revolution
>>
>>31021950
And also among the worst
>>
>>31021950
>Diamond and pearl were among some of the best selling games in the Franchise
They were also the most disliked next to 5.

Sales don't mean shit kiddo. Especially for a franchise like pokemon.
>>
File: 1482475777716.jpg (35KB, 377x527px) Image search: [Google]
1482475777716.jpg
35KB, 377x527px
>>31021938
>I don't know the difference between a Remake and an Enhanced Port!
Chances are they'll just take the existing Gen 1 Pokemon in the dex and give them Sinnohian Forms just for the sake of pandering again.
>>
File: tumblr_o1d8joCcw31v5gk1xo1_400.gif (2MB, 340x272px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1d8joCcw31v5gk1xo1_400.gif
2MB, 340x272px
>>31020629
I'd rather Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness were remade than Diamond and Pearl to be honest.
>>
>>31022001
>Sales don't mean shit kiddo

kek

Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>31021987
>>31022001
Nice meme. People didn't start hating on DPP and the game speed until a couple years ago and it was mostly on /vp/ circlejerks before it leaked out. Look at any of the contemporary reviews when the game came out and almost none of them bitched about the game speed. It's a big issue in retrospect but you can do that for a lot of games.
>>
>>31020629

> implying any developer would comment on a potential future unconfirmed game

you could literally walk up to him in an interview and ask him point for point about the next pokemon game and hed still only be able to say "I dont know"
>>
>>31020629
I will never buy another remake after ORAS. At least FRLG and HGSS actually added upon their predecessors. Fool me once, shame on you, etc. etc.
>>
>>31022007
That would be nice, but what's really needed is a third title in that series to complete the story, Ardos implied he planned to revive Cipher.
>>
>>31022040
>People didn't start hating on DPP and the game speed until a couple years ago
Try about 10 years.
>>
File: 1478958301975.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1478958301975.png
84KB, 250x419px
>>31022001
>Sales don't mean shit kiddo. Especially for a franchise like pokemon.
Have a pitiful (You).
>>
>>31022055
>DP Remakes
>unconfirmed
At this point it's a staple for there to be remakes, though I'd reckon they'll be in Gen 8 so they can make Kanto Sequels disguised as Alola Sequels so they can keep using their new waifubait, Lillie.
>>
>>31022004
>we can't escape the pandering
I'm still waiting for johto, hoenn, sinnoh, unova and kalos to be non-canon.
>>
>>31021950
>best selling
>r/s/e sold 22.54 million copies while the gba sold 81.54 million units
>apprx. 27% of gba owners had r/s/e
>d/p/plt sold 25.23 million copies while the ds sold 154.02 million units
>apprx. 16% of nds owners had d/p/plt
you're right anon, it did sell more than r/s/e atleast :^)
>>
>>31020629
I have zero respect for that man. The sooner he retires the better.
>>
>>31022064
Good reading comprehension famalam. Find me a major review from the time that bitched about the game speed. It got 8s and 9s across the board like almost every mainline Pokemon game does. The fact that a couple shitposters on /vp/ love genwar baiting most of their sad lives away won't change that.
>>
>>31022077

not arguing that there wont be eventual remakes because there will be eventually

just that when you ask a developer about any future potential unconfirmed game they are gonna act like they dont know or be ambiguous since it hasnt been officially revealed yet
>>
>>31022096
It outsold Black and White as well
>>
>>31022040
I'm playing it now. I'm not looking at it through rose tinted glasses
>>
>>31020629
Going by comments I've seen for that article and elsewhere, I just don't understand why there are some people who are so desperate for Pokemon to stay on the 3DS.

The pros are portability and not having to buy a new system but I'd happily give both of those up so the Pokemon series can evolve. They can do so much more with the Switch than with the 3DS.
>>
>>31022040

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/925601-pokemon-diamond-version/43945321

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=224035

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pokemon+diamond+and+pearl+slow&oq=Pokemon+diamond+and+pearl+slow&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.4496j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>31022182
People aren't ready to fork over money for a Switch yet, even though Pokemon will inevitably move there and print money for Nintendo so it isn't a complete flop sales-wise.
>>
>>31021832
>I would unironically prefer a Kanto sequel than Sinnoh remakes with Kantoian forms.
They exist already and they're called Gold, Silver, and Crystal. They even got remakes: Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
>>
>>31022271
what we need is a GSC sequel
>>
>>31022271
I would literally prefer a sequel to THOSE than a D/P/Pt remake, because I hate them, and at least it'd be more original.
>>
>>31022040
Dude no.
When it came out people noticed it immediately mainly because of how jarring the the speed was from 3.
Not to mention it started the whole "overdesigned" thing.
>>
>>31022040
>mostly /vp/ circlejerks
>/vp/ didn't even exist
Diamond and Pearl got absolutely shit on because of the game speed and awful designs initially on nearly every major forum.
>>
>>31022104
>The fact that a couple shitposters on /vp/ love genwar baiting most of their sad lives away won't change that.
Just so you know /vp/ didn't exist back then.
>>
>>31020774
I still want remakes because they're the perfect time to introduce new megas without distracting from the shiny new gimmicks of new generations.

Generation IV is actually my least favorite generation, and I'm still hoping for remakes because I'm hype as fuck about mega evolution.
>>
Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we will be getting Diamond/Pearl Remakes.

Deal with it fuckers
>>
>>31022142
For good reason, DPPt ruined pokemon's rep for a while.
>>
File: 1459623945284.jpg (37KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
1459623945284.jpg
37KB, 640x437px
>(laughs)
>>
>>31020629
>tfw Unova, Kalos, and Alola mons get Sinnoh variations
>tfw Rock/Psychic Gigalith, Ice/Dragon Noivern, or Normal/Ghost Oranguru
>>
>>31022363
>He doesn't know that nothing in life is guaranteed except death

Kek.
>>
>>31022371
Black and White ruined Pokemons rep

It is the generation that is considered by the mainstream audience to have the worst designed Pokemon
>>
>>31022363
>we will be getting Diamond/Pearl Remakes.
That depends entirely on the demand for one. If there is none they ain't making it.
>>
>>31022390
Where's your poll for this?
>>
>>31022390
Which is ironic, because D/P/Pt tried using nostalgia the most in the series before XY.
>>
>>31022411
Go look around and open your eyes beyond /vp/
>>
>>31022390
>It is the generation that is considered by the mainstream audience to have the worst designed Pokemon
That would be gen 4.
The cross gens were unappealing to the point of it actually reaching GF if we go by the lack of evos as of late and the regular mon were just random lines and stripes.
>>
>>31022390
Not just the mainstream. Its the general consensus of any pokemon community. Only a handful of contrarians """"like"""" it.
>>
File: 1481152624103.jpg (523KB, 1000x1972px) Image search: [Google]
1481152624103.jpg
523KB, 1000x1972px
>>31022411
/vp/ is the only place on the internet that liked gen 5
>>
>>31022174
That's my point. You're free to think the game is too slow now, but how the game plays now isn't that relevant to whether or not they were "good". There are lots of games which are hailed as being great from decades ago that are nothing special when put next to games today. No shit?

>>31022202
>>31022325
>>31022337
Random board posts don't count for much. And you'll notice how a bulk of the responses on the linked board discussions are along the lines of either "I didn't notice it" or "yeah but it doesn't ruin the game, it's still great".

>>31022353
The fuck does that have to do with anything? Again, work on that reading comprehension. People started circlejerking things like the "gen 4 is molasses meme" and "too much water/10" meme on obscure boards like this one, they used to be in-jokes about minor annoyances in games people enjoyed anyway and overtime they somehow morphed into defining things that make a gen shit years after the games released and everyone else had moved on.
>>
>>31022426
That's not reliable. I could say the same thing about gen. 1 after reading a thread or two full of people bashing the game. We need polls.
>>
>>31022441
>seeing /v/, Gamefaqs and Youtube complain about how shit they were
Those were fun times. Unfortunately we're in the nostalgia age and the anons like this >>31022390 will never admit how bad they are and how it killed pokemon's popularity for a while.
>>
Gen 5 had the worst designed Pokemon as a whole

Get over it you contrarian fucks
>>
>>31022421
>Tries to pander to genwun
>Adds rypherior that broke the perfectly fine rhydon line
Can't they even do pandering properly? I would have been less disappointed if they just pallette swapped nidoking and call it the final evo for ryhdon. Atleast i'd know they weren't even trying then.
>>
>>31022478
>Random board posts don't count for much.
>We should trust the opinion of professional "game journolists" over consumers who can give first hand accounts of their experience with the product
>The fact that the complaints have remained apparent over a 10 year gap indicates nothing on multiple forums mean nothing.
You really want to cling to DPPT for some reason. Apparently no one complained about them until recently and all accounts of people complaining over the past 10 years amount to nothing unless it's addressed by IGN or we give you a thousand page long compilation on everyone who has ever mentioned the game speed and pokemon designs.
>>
It's most likely in development right now.

Now the question is, is the same team that made S/M making the remake? If so, it's going to be much like OR/AS, shit out and rushed cash grab.

If it had 2-3 years of dev time, then we're looking at something to mirror FR/LG and HG/SS. Platinum was already a fantastic game, if they build upon that who knows what they can make?
>>
>>31020629
>Is the sky always gonna be blue
I dont know (laughs)
>>
>>31021832
Fuck off
>>
Remember all those fags that were like "Sun and Moon will end it all"?
>>
>>31022518
>Gen 5 had the worst designed Pokemon as a whole
That's quite literally wrong, while it might have had some pretty bad lows, the highs were some of the best in the series.

Golurk
Volcarona
Genesect
Sigi
Excadrill
Krookodile
Scoli
Reuniclus
Escavlier
Gavantula
Electross
Braviary
Mandibuzz
Durant
Hydregon

I'm sure I'm missing some.
>>
>>31022546
I'm only "clinging" to them because hating on DPPt is the popular thing right now due to DPPt remakes likely being next, much like how people memed about too much water before and during ORAS coming out. The truth is that the mainline games have all been received more or less with the same praise, with remakes/third versions typically having a slightly more lukewarm response.

It's more accurate to say that bitching about the speed in Gen IV has always been a minor complaint at best because only ADHD-riddled dumbasses let that ruin a game for them. Most people enjoyed the game despite that. That's without mentioning how that flaw wouldn't even make it into a remake so it's not even relevant to a discussion of there being potential remakes.
>>
>>31022478
You do realise you've just plugged your fingers in your ears and just said "NUH UH" right?

Just look here.
>nd you'll notice how a bulk of the responses on the linked board discussions are along the lines of either "I didn't notice it" or "yeah but it doesn't ruin the game, it's still great".
Just a quick glance says otherwise in the Gamefaqs thread it happens once and only once with the majority of the thread either suggesting ways to mitigate the slow factor by disabling animations or saying how the speed is incredibly annoying or tedious.
Same goes for the Pokecommunity one except they're saying how Plat and HGSS "improved" it and two users saying it didn't bother them. With a few not noticing until they went back to prior games. I've even seen a few saying it's near unplayable.
There's even a user that notes how saving is even worse in Platinum.
Then there's one contrarian there saying Emerald is slower.

We need to do something about the Sinnohfetuses here. I mean it's one thing to like the gen but it's another to just ignore how bad it was.
>>
>>31022403
This is exactly the same dumb thing people said before oras. See you in a year playing diamond and pearl remakes
>>
>>31022271
>gold 2 and silver 2: return of the titty monster
>>
>>31022601
I hope it happens to spite you :)
>>
>>31022545
No you wouldn't. You would be still bitching about it
>>
>>31022651
>hating on DPPt is the popular thing right now
lmao

It's funny that Sinnohfoeti have this persecution complex despite having the run of the board.
>>
ORAS really were pointless games though, I'm not saying they were bad, but the Original RSE are still compatible with with the newer Gens while both Gen I and II were not and as such merited remakes.
>>
File: vp.png (105KB, 720x421px) Image search: [Google]
vp.png
105KB, 720x421px
>>31022390
>>
>>31022715
Stay hoping, see you in release day of gen 4 remakes
>>
>>31022664
>>31022722
>Sinnohfetus
Ah, there it is. Thanks for letting me know your opinion isn't worth shit.

Keep thinking discussions on dedicated fansites are somehow representative of majority opinion I guess. Hell you can't even get people to agree in a hugbox which shows how unpopular your meme opinions actually are. The Pokemon devs and the majority of players, on the other hand, will move on and won't give a fuck about what you think.
>>
>>31020774
>After thinking about how ORAS could've been so much more I don't even want remakes anymore

This. It still hurts for fucks sake
>>
>>31022760
Also, not to be a cunt for a second, but Gen 7 had too many open ends to be continued in a Gen 4 remake; they mention the Distortion World too, so they'd have to do some serious retconning.

Sequel to Gen 4, or sequel to Gen 1. Those are your options, sinnohfetus.
>>
>panders to genwun
>references johto in various ways
yep. sinnoh remakes isn't gonna happen.
>>
I wish GF would stop with all this multiverse bullshit and just have one persistent timeline.
>>
>people want dp remakes with no changes, some platinum episode as postgame and your mandatory waifu route with dawn/lucas

I prefer gen 8 on switch
>>
>>31022722
You thinking of Unova fans. People who badmouth unova get banned. but everything else is fair game.
>>
>>31022863
I feel like Gen 8 will come sooner than new gens usually do. I mean we only have 1 mythical this time. But I guess Ash-Pikachu will fill the movie slot this year so 2019 at the earliest.
>>
File: 1481645509345.gif (982KB, 448x521px) Image search: [Google]
1481645509345.gif
982KB, 448x521px
>>31022007
>tfw Pokemon Star/Prism ends up being a sequel game to S/M and Colosseum
>>
>>31022995
So much PLZ
>>
>>31022895
I think the new games are gonna be announced in the movie, alola is a tiny region, a kanto re-remake with alola could be a possibility
>>
>>31022007
forget it, those weren't even made by gamefreak
>>
GSC on VC WHEN
>>
>>31023030
I always wondered, can't GameFreak get some permission from Genius Sonority to borrow elements from Colo/Gale of Darkness? Even Miror B. alone would be good.
>>
>>31022651
>because hating on DPPt is the popular thing right now
That's like saying Gen 1 is always receiving hate due to the criticism it receives.

Just so you know there's a huge difference between hate and criticism. What you're doing is attempting to blur the line between the two in order to make yourself look like some kind of superior party of sorts and act like the game is perfect.

>It's more accurate to say that bitching about the speed in Gen IV has always been a minor complaint at best

The usual complaints have been fairly large issues for years anon not just recently.
>http://www.azurilland.com/forums/pokemon-4th-generation/pokemon-diamond-pearl-platinum/169064-annoying-things-in-d-p
>https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-gen-iv-is-slow.349017/
Seems like the only people who ignore the flaws are people who started with DP or skipped gen 3.

In any case these are from fairly popular places across the internet across various communities. You can't argue with the facts.
>>
>>31022751
This is actually true
>>
>>31022770
>Keep thinking discussions on dedicated fansites are somehow representative of majority opinion I guess.
Hold on a minute.
Are you trying to say the few players that say otherwise that represent the minority of the fanbase should be listened to over the majority of the fanbase who know what they're talking about?

> Hell you can't even get people to agree in a hugbox
Look around you anon, there's only you and one other person defending gen 4.

>The Pokemon devs and the majority of players, on the other hand, will move on and won't give a fuck about what you think.
Gamefreak in the following gen pretty much went and tried to fix every flaw in gen 4 and still have yet to make any more cross gens bar Eevee because they knew it was a mistake.
The majority of players still recognize 4 as the worst in the franchise for the multitude of reasons said in this thread and the ones linked both in the present and back near DP's release.

They've come to accept this and have moved on. You on the other hand haven't you can't come to terms that your favourite generation is the worst of them all.
>>
>>31022651
>because hating on DPPt is the popular thing right now

What? Thanks to the remakes coming up next, there's been WAY too much love for DPPt than usual. DP were fucking atrocious and needed platinum to fix it.
>>
>>31022640
Volcarona is the only good one on that list though
>>
>>31023115
It's not.
Gen 3 didn't really attract any attention until the "remake hints". Where it became a meme to hate it.
Gen 4 was and always shall be hated the most if this thread is anything to go by but as of late there's been a lot of unconditional defense for the games which still doesn't fit the pattern because it started at the reveal of gen 7 and not 6.
Gen 5 didn't get any hate last gen, on the contrary, gen 6 made it get more love because of how underwhelming 6 was.
As of late it's been getting hate from the Sinnoh fans but it still hasn't been knocked down.
>>
>>31023089
Nowhere did I say Gen IV is perfect and nowhere did I say the slowness isn't there. What I said was that people meme'd about it until it went from a "this is annoying" complaint to being the defining element of the games.

I mean, just stop and think about the complaint itself for a second- what does it say when people let a life bar taking a couple extra seconds to go down ruin a game for them?

>>31023174
>Are you trying to say the few players that say otherwise that represent the minority of the fanbase should be listened to over the majority of the fanbase who know what they're talking about?
I have no idea where you pulled this out of. I'm saying community circlejerks usually represent very esoteric opinions which are very rarely a point of interest for developers, especially one like GF that wants to constantly appeal to a new generation of kids.

>The majority of players still recognize 4 as the worst in the franchise
This is what I mean when people like you are deluded. Nobody who spends any time outside Pokemon fan community circlejerks would be able to assert this with a straight face (hell, even a couple fan communities disagree with that idea). Hell someone else posted evidence in this very thread that Gen 5 is generally the most unpopular.

Also asserting that it's my favorite generation is a nice appeal to motive but it's not a valid argument either. (Hint: Gen 5 is my favorite)
>>
>>31023281
What? I thought most normies hated gen 5. Or is it just incredibly polarizing where people love it and hate it, and both sides are incredibly vocal regardless?
>>
>>31023311
>I thought most normies hated gen 5.
Check the filename. That anon is talking about /vp/.
>>
>>31023306
>what does it say when people let a life bar taking a couple extra seconds to go down ruin a game for them?
And the game actively slowing the player down with tedious overworld elements.
And shoving a ton of needless HMs down their throat for basic exploration.
And locking the players out of cross gen evos until the post game
And so on.

You're starting to get the picture now right? All of them are defining and bad elements of the game that left a lasting impact on players.
>>
File: 1463854878277.png (59KB, 206x192px) Image search: [Google]
1463854878277.png
59KB, 206x192px
>>31023055
if Miror B ever made a surprise cameo in a main series pokemon game i would need to take a bottom half shower
>>
Gens 4/5/6 were shit. me and none of my 25+ friends who were huge pokemon fans bought that garbage. We all returned for sun and moon, despite most of the pokemon being shit and the starters being shit we all enjoyed the experience.
>>
>>31023311
Gen V IS the most polarizing indeed. There are people who hate it like the plague and people who praise it like the second coming.
The one everyone hates is Gen VI (Kalos, not all the shitty mechanics it brought and half-baked remakes), which is only liked by me and...really don't know anyone else.
>>
>>31021457
Well, SM was already a good step up (Or maybe it's just because my team had shit defense)
>>
>>31023306
>Nobody who spends any time outside Pokemon fan community circlejerks would be able to assert this with a straight face (hell, even a couple fan communities disagree with that idea). Hell someone else posted evidence in this very thread that Gen 5 is generally the most unpopular.
Are you even reading this thread right now?
Everything presented to you is in direct opposition to your posts.

The only other group you could rely on is the casual community who just cling on to whatever is new without thinking and completely abandon the previous games.
>>
>>31023394
>liking the most boring and lineal region
>>
>>31023467
It's not like anythign is stopping you from going back to previous islands
>>
>>31022697
But anon, there was a huge demand for RS remakes.
We haven't seen shit for DP.
>>
>>31020629
>people asking for more different forms instead of raising the number of actual new Pokemon
Those are the scum.
>>
>>31023370
Yes, you're listing more flaws. What does that prove, exactly? That isn't going to prove whether that ruined the game for "most" people or not.

Also the first two points are also in gen 3, and they have the same number of HMs even. I don't see how the third point is an objective flaw somehow but I guess some people might not like it, yeah.

>>31023448
Some of those polls that were posted above were specifically from Pokemon fan communities. There are communities that don't agree with with this one, believe it or not.

I just think it's funny how you're framing it like how I'm the one who has a hard time accepting opposing opinions. See, I can accept that Gen V is unpopular with most people despite the fact they're my favorite in the same way I can accept that most people actually liked DP despite its flaws no matter how much meme-ing people do about said flaws on sites like /vp/. Get what I'm saying now?
>>
>>31023394
>Previous gens were shit so we didn't play it, but we tried out the newest ones(also shit) and we enjoyed it.
memes
>>
>>31021545
Sure its easy. But saying its the easiest is a lie and you know it, bucko.
>>
File: PicsArt_12-25-08.22.13.png (9KB, 195x158px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_12-25-08.22.13.png
9KB, 195x158px
>remove HMs in S/M
>reintroduce them in the same gen
>>
>>31023532
>I just think it's funny how you're framing it like how I'm the one who has a hard time accepting opposing opinions

I don't have to you're doing a hell of a good job yourself in this very post. You're even dragging in Gen V when we're talking about 4's popularity or lack of it as it seems.

Hell if you needed a better indicator of that you should check out twitter, facebook and youtube on the date of DP's anniversary. The turnout was hilariously low.
>>
>>31023603
I was talking about the dissonance between my personal opinion and the popular opinion of Gen V to make a comparison, which apparently flew over your head.

And you're accusing me of bringing up irrelevant shit when you're trying to bring up shit like what goes on at twitter and facebook, which has fuckall to do with whether people enjoyed the games? You're pretty bad at this, lol.
>>
>>31023705
>And you're accusing me of bringing up irrelevant shit when you're trying to bring up shit like what goes on at twitter and facebook, which has fuckall to do with whether people enjoyed the games?
Are you being intentionally retarded?
I was talking about the turnout of DP's anniversary and how many people remembered them fondly enough to make note of it.
Comparing it to GS and RS before it, DP was abysmal and there were barely any mentions of a remake.

Do you really not see how the representation of the casual fanbase, which is the crux of your argument mind you, is relevant here?
>>
>>31023777
What does that prove other than that Pokemon had popularity decay over the years, something every single one of us knows? I would've be surprised if Gen V's anniversary turnout ended up being even worse, would that suddenly make BW shitty games?

I'm going to bring it back to one of the simplest points- if DP was such a fundamentally flawed game why didn't it get a bunch of shitty scores upon release?
>>
File: 1459649485226.png (169KB, 333x429px) Image search: [Google]
1459649485226.png
169KB, 333x429px
>>31020629
>“(Laughs) We get that a lot on Twitter. Well… I don’t know, I don’t know… (laughs).”
>>
They said it right there that Switch is undeniably the future.

"Switch isn't a handheld" autists BTFO
>>
>>31023920
Were there really people making that argument and not trolling? Did they think Pokemon would just circlejerk 3DS games forever or something?
>>
>>31023861
>if DP was such a fundamentally flawed game why didn't it get a bunch of shitty scores upon release?
One, it was on the most popular system of that generation during it's highest point.
Two, it's a Pokemon game, the first on that system mind you. And if you hadn't noticed journalists barely get into the grit of the game and analyse it like the fans do. And before you say anything that's not a recent phenomenon either, it's been happening for years.
That's why detailed reviews on the game give it fairly low ranks or scores.
Three, there are in fact people who did start with DP who are entirely ignorant of these flaws at the time.
>>
>>31023920
The Switch isn't a handheld though.
It's a home console hybrid.
>>
>>31023416
Personally, I like XY a lot. Definitely in my Top 3, though I skipped Gen 5, Platinum and ORAS so I can't speak anything about those.

XY is rather underwhelming, I agree. But I'd rather go back to playing XY than say playing RS, RBY or DP.
>>
>>31022495
WHAT fucking popularity? Unless you hadn't noticed, Pokemon's popularity fucking NOSEDIVED way back in gen 2. How the fuck do you kill something that isn't there? If anything, Gen 4 brought BACK a bit of the popularity, since people could actually battle and trade with each other easily and didn't have to rely on that one kid who actually bought a link cable, and people who DIDN'T have a huge circle of friends could battle and trade online.
>>
File: 1462993123643.png (86KB, 233x272px) Image search: [Google]
1462993123643.png
86KB, 233x272px
>>31024059
>Gen 4 brought BACK a bit of the popularity
It's cute that you think that but merch and anime ratings took a dive during 4. Not as much as from 1 to 2 but still a dive.

>and people who DIDN'T have a huge circle of friends could battle and trade online.
Battle, maybe.
Trading was a long shot unless you had a friend to begin with because your only chance was GTS which in Gen 4 was both filled with the Legend trades with no filters but was glitchy as fuck.
>>
>>31020629
Why are people asking for two version? Just ask for a platinum remake it had the better story anyway.
>>
>>31024121
People are still mad about muhEmerald so they set their expectations low. Smart choice honestly.
>>
>>31024146
>GF will only ever give us the bare essentials
>SM has given them a method of selling old shit with a new coat of paint to retards
I miss gen 5. That was the last gen they tried.
>>
>>31022040
I think the easiest thing to do right now is just call you stupid. It's Christmas I don't have time to dig around for 10 years old Bulbagarden and Serebii posts.
>>
>>31024180
There's no point anyway, he's not willing to accept anything that gives you a grasp of either the pokemon fanbase or casual followers.
>>
>>31023998
Except the idea that conventional critics are not reliable for this breaks down when the biggest flaw people bitch about is one that is built into the basic flow of the game every single person would've noticed (the slowness). Yes a couple of those reviewers would have been new to Pokemon, yet out of dozens and dozens of reviewers their biggest consistent beef was still "meh its Pokemon, they play it too safe" instead of this supposed crippling flaw that makes it the worst game in the series.

>detailed reviews on the game give it fairly low ranks or scores
Detailed reviews from where? Cherrypicked sites you happen to agree with?

>>31024180
>I have no actual arguments but I'll post anyway nyeh nyeh nyeh
Alright anon. Merry Christmas.
>>
File: Capture.png (45KB, 631x324px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
45KB, 631x324px
Lmao I know you're on here faggot, speak up
>>
File: 1480445425903.png (78KB, 241x231px) Image search: [Google]
1480445425903.png
78KB, 241x231px
>>31024337
Well, he's not wrong
>>
>>31020629
Whats up with his teeth?
>>
>>31024337
It really puts into perspective how autistic /vp/ is when you see them post their diatribes on normal sites.
>>
>>31024057
You should definetly pick up Platinum (fixes a lot of DP problems, saving times and surf speed first and foremost) and both BW1/2.
ORAS...meh, I bought them because I adore Hoenn, but they could have been much better.
Besides, it's not like Pokémon takes time to complete, they're nothing compared to Atlus jRPGs, which can reach even 120 hours.
>>
>>31024406
>saving times
Saving a lot of Data is actually worse in Plat.
>>
File: 40907.png (194KB, 783x737px) Image search: [Google]
40907.png
194KB, 783x737px
>>31024337
The funniest part about Aloan forms is the fact of them being actual evolutions.
>>
Why do people still take creator interviews seriously? Hell, why do people ask questions like DP remake? They will never give a real answer.
>>
>>31024416
The biggest issues with DPP are solved by playing them on an emulator and just fast forwarding.
>>
>>31024416
It's not. Trust me, it's not. I have all the three games and "A lot of data" doesn't show up in Pt as much as it does in DP, where it's every time you boot up the PC.
>>
>>31024317
>yet out of dozens and dozens of reviewers their biggest consistent beef was still "meh its Pokemon, they play it too safe"
See
>And if you hadn't noticed journalists barely get into the grit of the game and analyse it like the fans do. And before you say anything that's not a recent phenomenon either, it's been happening for years.
I don't think you understand what reviewers do.
To sum up the reviews it goes
>what's new
>what's the same
>score
The details such as the speed, IV and EV changes abilities, breeding etc aren't included either due to complete ignorance of the reviewer or for lack of interest from the readers.

> Cherrypicked sites you happen to agree with?
Let me guess, this is where I pull up every relevant and popular review site and those examples and you call them "cherrypicked" because they don't adhere to your fabricated mess, right?
>>
>>31024362
Whats up with your fat stomach?
>>
File: image.png (136KB, 483x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136KB, 483x444px
Why is it he talks in and then the alola forms but does not stupid things from diamond pearl and then laughs because of it? Why then if oras sold in the high that he speaks like him?
>>
>>31024457
>where it's every time you boot up the PC.
That still applies to Plat anon.
Not only that but the save time is nearly doubled.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX2qjzssRTk
>>
>>31024337
>half of them aren't even plausible
>2 of the 3 he listed make sense
And good luck explaining how something developed psychic powers to adapt to an environment
>>
>>31024457
Saving a lot of data has the same triggers in Plat as it does DP for the exact same reasons anon seeing as Plat is still built off of DP and unlike say Emerald it didn't have a remake in between to give it time to iron out the kinks.
So every time you make changes to the box expect it to save a lot of data just like in DP.
>>
File: .gif (83KB, 379x387px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
83KB, 379x387px
>>31024497
Anon, did you have a fucking stroke typing this?
>>
>>31024599
I'm trying to comprehend his post but it's literally just giving me a headache.
And I really mean literally.
>>
>>31024487
Why are you bringing up shit like IVs and EVs when, as I said, the main complaints about DP are things every single person would've noticed, particularly game speed? That's without mentioning how competitive players liked what Gen IV added to it just fine.

And I'm very interested in what you consider a relevant site here. Dozens of mainstream reviews for the game were positive and most of them did not mention the game speed, which once again, is not something you need to be super familiar with the Pokemon metagame to complain about. Even if you posted from a site that truly mainstream, how is that going to negate the fact that the majority seemed to have enjoyed the game despite whatever flaws it might have?

And in case you still didn't get the point, once again, insufferable game speed is not something you get a feel for from being a super autistic veteran of the Pokemon series.
>>
>>31024680
Come on anon, even you can make the links here.
>>
File: 1445377683271.png (39KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
1445377683271.png
39KB, 298x300px
>>31024680
>anon says they don't bring up the details because it wouldn't be interesting
>WHY DON'T THEY BRING UP THE DETAILS HUH?
>WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THAT EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE BOTH NOT INTERESTING READS?
>>
>>31024741
The fuck are you on about? The game supposedly being so slow that it's aggravating to play is something any general audience gamer would want to hear about, it's not remotely at the same level as detailed game mechanics like IVs and EVs.
>>
>>31024818
>EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE BOTH NOT INTERESTING READS?
See this part?
The game speed doesn't fall under that mainly because they would have to get into things like fps which only recently has become a talking point. Starting to understand now?
The technical parts of a game are fucking boring ass reads that no one wanted to know about.

Oh yeah and then there's this

>>31024680
>how is that going to negate the fact that the majority seemed to have enjoyed the game despite whatever flaws it might have?

All throughout this thread you've been given evidence that either shows a lack of interest in DP or a general dislike of it due to multiple factors, the biggest being the speed. There were even a few posts where people would suggest playing a different game instead of DP. Where is your proof that the majority that did play it liked it other than your own personal bias?
You haven't produced a single iota of evidence that suggests otherwise.
>>
>>31024898
>doesn't
Damn tablet.
>>
>>31024898
Dude just stfu its christmas
>>
>>31024916
My gift is the gift of reality.
Plus I don't particularly like Christmas anyway.
>>
>>31021545
What are you talking about, Platinum is one of the hardest pokemon games
>>
>>31024981
>Platinum is one of the hardest pokemon games
I hope you're joking.
>>
>>31024898
>The technical parts of a game are fucking boring ass reads that no one wanted to know about.
Technical shit is not common in reviews sure, but "this shit annoyed" me has always been fair ground in mainstream reviews. Plenty of reviews have bitched about SOS Battles in SM for instance. You don't need to go into a technical explanation about FPS to say "the menus and battles flow very slowly in this game compared to previous entries", a general complaint which can be understood by everyone.

>Where is your proof that the majority that did play it liked it
The fact that it sold millions and people didn't return the game in disgust? The fact that the vast majority of both critic and reader reviews gave it high scores when it came out? This is somehow evidence that's less representative than a circlejerk on a board containing of the most autistic parts of the fanbase and outright trolls a decade after the game's been out?
>>
Pretty sure gold silver are the hardest the level curve and whitneys miltanks and clefabe
>>
File: ohmori.png (215KB, 297x478px) Image search: [Google]
ohmori.png
215KB, 297x478px
Leave Masuda to me
>>
>>31024996
Please just stop its christmas
>>
>>31025029
Fine I'll stop, I've dedicated enough time to this already. I think we've already run the course on the conversation and we're just going to go in circles now.
>>
>>31021511
So you'd rather have shitty "proper 3d pokemon games"? Genius Sonority is a low tier dev. Putting them on a main game would tank the franchise.
>>
>>31024996
>The fact that it sold millions
Not an indicator of a liked game. Remember this is Pokemon and the first entry for the DS.
>and people didn't return the game in disgust?
Maybe because people wanted the Pokemon on it?
With that said we know that the gen had quite a few complaints from the japs for the region layout, HM use and battle speed which is why Gen 5 had both a linear region, low HM use and increased the fps back to 60 for battles.
>The fact that the vast majority of both critic and reader reviews gave it high scores when it came out?
Critics have already been explained.
Readers say otherwise given what's already been posted.

>This is somehow evidence that's less representative than the fanbase circa 2007/8: just after the release of the game
ftfy
>>
File: a_lot_of_data.png (1KB, 256x46px) Image search: [Google]
a_lot_of_data.png
1KB, 256x46px
>>31022040
>People didn't start hating on DPP and the game speed until a couple years ago
Nope. I disliked 'em from Day 1. Coming right off of Emerald's smooth 60fps open world to DP's slow as shit everything and NOW SAVING A LOT OF DATA... nearly scared me away from the series. Neither Platinum nor HG/SS did anything to help salvage the trainwreck that was Gen 4 either.
>>
>>31022062
>FRLG
>added upon their predecessors

>no clock/time of day features
>oh you wanted espeon/umbreon? huahuehuehaua
>no record mixing
>no berry growing
>no secret bases
>no contests
>no evolving chansey/golbat until post-game national dex
I'm legit surprised they didn't remove abilities for those games. Worst remakes, hell, games in the series.
>>
platinum was great, b2w2 sucked
I'm right I've spent more time thinking about it than you
>>
>>31024989
Someone post the gym leader team comparisons. Platinum had some of the most well put together teams in the sereis. The level curve is highly unforgiving if you have a team of 6. The need for HM slaves means you're never at full power. Cynthia will wreck people who aren't 100% prepared. Most routes have boss trainers. Trainers actually have reasonable sized teams
>>
>>31025201
how do you stand waiting for a red light in your car?
>>
>>31025327
Are you seriously comparing a safety precaution to a game that was already beaten before it was released?
>>
>>31021861
That's his response to absolutely everything.
>>
>>31025327
>how do you stand waiting for a red light in your car?
>catch a single pokemon
>SAVING A LOT OF DATA
>look in your PC, not switch boxes or deposit/withdraw/do shit with items or anything
>SAVING A LOT OF DATA
The Sonic '06 load times of Pokemon.
>>
>>31025588
uh huh
I'm glad you pointed it out to me.. somehow I missed the two minute save times...
oh wait, you're just exaggerating, I should have known

it's fine, I've never once considered it ruin the game
>>
>>31024406
If I am gonna play Platinum and BW1&2, it's gonna go through emulation, since they are quite pricey to get. Same can go for ORAS perhaps.
Among them, I am more motivated to go through BW(2) because everyone gushes on about its story and whatnot -- meanwhile my experience with Hoenn and Sinnoh hasn't been very great.
Emerald is a step-up, of course, but it hasn't stopped me from disliking Hoenn big-time. Then again, a lot of people hate the Kalos region despite me considering it 2nd best if not my personal favourite.
>>
>>31025638
>I've never once considered it ruin the game
Duh, you're a gen 4 fanboy.

The rest of the fanbase on the other hand has a different story. There's even stories of people who couldn't play DPPt because of the speed linked in this very thread.
>>
>>31020629
>(raffs)
>>
>>31025672
Yes, I suppose I am a gen 4 fanboy because I did really enjoy it and platinum and hgss are fun to replay, and I enjoyed gen 5 far less - the first time I found myself liking a generation less than the one previous
I've heard the "it was slow!" meme parroted around a lot, and I haven't played diamond and pearl for a long time, but neither platinum or SS feel slow to me
maybe battle scenes are longer? but idk I often turn them off
>>
>>31025321
>trainers have reasonably sized teams
They really don't. They'll have around 1-3 Pokémon with the level varying with the amount of Pokémon on their team. A majority of the time npc trainers are rocking shit that should've evolve ages ago, like level 38 or so wingulls.
>>
>>31022040
There's a reason Gen III was so many's people's last gen.
>>
>>31022471
Gen IV's results seem to drop fast when you explicitly remove HG/SS from the equation.
>>
>>31020629
>haha we dont want to do this because i think it would be best for our fans and us if we looked at this from a different way and eventually do something about that! (laughs)
>buy my games please (laughs)
>>
File: image.jpg (698KB, 1183x839px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
698KB, 1183x839px
>>31023227
One of the only two, you mean.
>>
>>31022471
>people putting BW lower than fucking XY

4chan is a shithole, but it will never be worse than other websites
>>
>>31025658
It's understandable. I bought Diamond and Platinum when they first came out and bought Pearl a few years ago for something like 9 bucks. But I heard they're starting to become really expensive.
BW1 and BW2 are quite different so it's best if you play them both. The first one has a stronger story and you only have Gen V mons during the maingame (I personally liked this restriction, but many people don't), but BW2 has a much richer postgame (PWT included, where you can battle any Gym Leader/Champion) and allows you to choose previous gen Pokémon. Sucks to hear about Hoenn, Emerald is my favorite even if it's outdated by today's standards. ORAS would have been the perfect, one in a life time-moment to polish it but we all know how that went.
>>
>>31025638
>somehow I missed the two minute save times...
The time adds up. Not only are D/P/Pt far and beyond longer than Sonic '06, as RPGs, you're trained to save frequently and often. Thus saving in those games would inevitably have taken up more of your time than going through Sonic.
>>
>>31026158
Just so you know some of them were edited.
>>
>>31023416
>The one everyone hates is Gen VI
I was out of /vp/ for most of Gen VI and it actually surprised me how much people hate XY, specially after I had seen none elsewhere outside of complaints about the amount of new pokémon.
And personally I thought that pretty much every aspect of the game was an improvement over Unova (except for the story being again a boring and oversimplistic retelling of Hoenn and Sinnoh). There was just so much to de enjoyed in Kalos and it felt like they actually tried to freshen up the game.
So returning here and see the unanimous hate was quite jarring.
>>
>>31026340
That's because XY was such a huge step back from BW2 in terms of things to do and exploration.
>>
>>31025708
>"it was slow!"
>meme
Have you played literally any other main pokemon game besides Gen 4 stuff? Oh, you say you've played Gen 5? Then you should have noticed an immense increase in speed in just about every aspect of the games. Now go give Gen 3 a try. Again, speedier than Gen 4.

Just fucking scrolling through your bag pockets was a chore in main-Gen 4 (not even gonna go into the tirefire which was hg/ss's menus). These things matter to a large amount of players. If people bitch to no end about the 3DS games framerate drops, you damn well know that back in the day people were doing the same with Gen 4's input lag/shit fps.
>>
>>31026403
>Gen 4's input lag
>the underground
Jesus christ I fucking hate that place.
Why did they have to go and gut bases and stick them there?
>>
>>31026340
>And personally I thought that pretty much every aspect of the game was an improvement over Unova

God no. People call Unova a circle when Kalos is the real circle. The roadblocks are even fucking worse in XY. The pacing is god awful. The graphics are shit compared to BW, and people are finally realizing that with the release of SM. The music was fucking atrocious. The locations were fucking atrocious. Literally every character was fucking atrocious (try to defend XY's rivals)

The ONE thing that XY did better than BW was the new pokemons. XY has some of the best new pokemons while BW has the worst pokemons and starters.

>they actually tried to freshen up the game
But there was nothing fresh about XY.
>>
>>31026382
Pretty much like BW after Platinum, and DP after Emerald.
BW2 was your first pokemon game?
>>
>>31026340
>There was just so much to de enjoyed in Kalos
que?
nearly every town and route looked the same

the only locked off area saved for the post-game was a crappy little town

the "final dungeon" was literally a single room with mewtwo sitting there in plain sight

it was a vanilla as fuck region that had very few memorable locations
>>
File: ohai_bibarel_by_kataliciousdef.jpg (223KB, 718x721px) Image search: [Google]
ohai_bibarel_by_kataliciousdef.jpg
223KB, 718x721px
>>31023581
They're give us the all-purpose bibarel pager for our cutting, surfing, climbing, smashing, cascading and boulder-pushing needs.
And then a charizard for flying and defogging.
>>
>>31026469
>hating on games that were still better than Sun and Moon

>b-b-but muh Lillie and trial captains
Shut up, Lysandre beats them all out.
>>
>>31020629
HAHA
>>
>>31026447
>requiring battery draining wifi to be enabled in order to do secret base/crap mini-game thing
still makes me legit mad
>>
>>31026163
Here's the thing, I actually used to own Pokemon Platinum until I sold it off along with Pokemon Pearl because I never played them and never bothered to. I was still in that phase of "Gotta get all Pokemon games" but unlike with Leaf Green or Sapphire, I didn't bother to play the other 2 Sinnoh games after playing Pokemon Diamond.

I suppose it was a combination of me not fully understanding the game mechanics, solely relying on my starter and going through a region that felt like a snail-pace when exploring the place and making you rather reliant on HM-slaves. In retrospect, not having being purely focused on accessing Pal Park may have improved the experience.

Ruby & Sapphire was much better in that regard. It felt less cluttered and Hoenn is way more interesting. It's just that the style never appealed to me and certain places like the tall bushes halted my travel momentum. Emerald is way better if not for the fact it has you face both Team Aqua and Magma.

Pokemon BW is definitely going to challenge my team building skills, but hopefully I can end up appreciating Unova regardless. BW2 postgame sounds really promising, but I feel I am only getting into it if I was already hooked on the main game to begin with, which I wasn't with Sinnoh and to some extend Hoenn.
And with ORAS, well... I mean, gotta know what's up with the Delta Episode and why everyone hates Zinnia so much.

>>31026340
While I skipped Gen 5 because my mixed experience of Gen 4 led me to abandon Pokemon only for XY getting me back into the scene, I have to say that the idea of "comfy" fits Kalos better than Sinnoh.

>>31026469
> The music was fucking atrocious.
XY had one of the best OST. AZ's theme, Lysandre's Battle theme, Team Flare battle theme, Trainer battle theme, Cyllage City theme, Xerneas/Yveltal theme, etc -- they're all really good.

> XY has some of the best new pokemons while BW has the worst pokemons and starters.
Gotta agree with the starters.
>>
>>31026570
>hating on games that were still better than Sun and Moon
Holy shit fuck off. I hated SM, but I'll at least replay them once there's romhacks out. I'm 100% that I will never replay XY.

>b-b-but muh Lysandre and ............ Lysandre because there's no more interesting characters!!
>>
>>31024337
>genwunner fan favorites
Damn right. The hordes of grimer fans are annoying. And what about the Exeggutor Defense Legion? They're annoying.
>>
>>31026469
>The music was fucking atrocious.
This. Sinnoh's music was terrible, likely due to overwork by forcing there to be day/night versions, but XY's music is downright bland.

>>31026600
>And with ORAS, well... I mean, gotta know what's up with the Delta Episode and why everyone hates Zinnia so much.
Enjoy
>fly to location you've been to
>"cutscene" aka text dump
>repeat x6
>>
Its ask too much for a DP remake with focus on Arceus and a post-game fight against god after a giant empty dungeon from another dimension?

Arceus YHVH Form could be cool too.
>>
>>31026603
Not that anon, but Lysandre was far from the only interesting character that XY had to offer. Though the obvious problem is that they are not explored enough. Like, you hear people in Kalos talking about your mother Grace and how she's a renowned Rhyhorn rider, but I wish more was explored regarding that. Maybe they could have had Grace challenge you to a race or being approached by fans.
Calem/Serena while underwhelming is far from the worst rival and it was interesting how for once it was your rival that to usurp you. They end up accepting they cannot always be the best, but I wish they could've put more effort in the transition from being depressingly desperate to becoming determined yet mildly annoyed.

Also, haven't you tried that XY rom hack then?
>>
>>31022390
Reminder that gen3 killed pokemania.
>>
>>31026163
>(PWT included, where you can battle any Gym Leader/Champion)
Only good post-game facility after Hoenn's Battle Frontier.

>>31026469
>The roadblocks are even fucking worse in XY.
Precisely this is an issue that I saw improvement on. I was fucking annoyed at Unova's constant barrage of NPCs standing in your way saying "ther'es been a landslide/there are puppies playing/I don't feel like pulling a lever, go speak with the gym leader".
They weren't much better in XY and SM, but at least they were a little bit more believable (and honest in the case of Alola)
>The graphics are shit compared to BW
Oh please, the overworld looked atrocious... or rather I should say the overworld sprites. The overworld itself was nice (and so was Kalo's). But Unova sprites are fucking ugly and they get deformed way too often thanks to the fancy camera angles. And overall such deformations are quite more noticeable than in DPP sprites.
Battles get a medal for effort and speed, but that's about it.
>The locations were fucking atrocious.
I'll admit Unova had better looking cities for the most part. But that's about it. And for most of them, I didn't feel compelled to ever return to them after leaving for the first time (which largely applies to Kalos too, but at least I did return to several of them).
>(try to defend XY's rivals)
I won't. Calem/Serena was bland and I refuse to acknowledge the waifu and the other two as such... which is kind of a mirror of Cheren and Bianca, I could say the exact same of them.
Actually, IMO the only not-awful rivals are Green (he prick that is ahead of you and you are motivated to beat), Silver (not good, just acceptable), Hau (only because his team was a bit menacing to mine) and Gladion (because he feels like Silver done right).

Brendan/May were a disappointment, Wally was far too absent, Barry was annoying, Cheren, Calem/Serena and the guy with the afro were bland and Bianca and Shauna were just cute insecure friends with little more to them.
>>
>>31026680
>This. Sinnoh's music was terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVEDEeK0Tv8

Fuck off mate. Sinnoh had some of the comfiest music to date.
>>
File: VSLysandre_2.png (67KB, 400x192px) Image search: [Google]
VSLysandre_2.png
67KB, 400x192px
>>31026570
>Lysandre beats them all out
I loved XY but Lysandre and Team Flare were godawful, on the same level as Team Galaxy and Cyrus.
>>
>>31027099
>Reminder that gen3 killed pokemania.
Remember that this is a meme with little truth to it.

Gen 2 started the deep descent. The shit tier bloated ass anime for GS caused tons of people to tune out.
>>
>>31027112
>But Unova sprites are fucking ugly and they get deformed way too often thanks to the fancy camera angles

Still better than XY's chibi models.
>>
>>31027155
>comfy
Ignored.
>>
>>31027099
You mean gen 2.
Pokemania died shortly after the release of GS.
>>
>>31027237
>Still better than XY's chibi models.
I find chibi models way better but to each their own.
I can respect some people prefering BW sprites over genIV sprites too.
>>
>>31027112
> They weren't much better in XY and SM, but at least they were a little bit more believable (and honest in the case of Alola)

Okay, most of them were when it came to the "If you're an Island Challenger you must be this good to go further" but that fucker with the Stoutland on Akala Island annoyed the living hell out of me.
"Blocking the road because I am looking for items with this Stoutland huehuehue"
I swear, if it was possible I would have knocked that shit off Stoutland because that is the dumbest excuse to block the way to the remaining section of the city.
>>
>>31027255
Nice counterargument you absolute twat. God people on this board piss me off. Some of you slackjawed daffodils are in for an ass whooping. To set your little shitbrains straight. Keep talking shit online. One day you'll run into someone crazy enough to do something about it.
>>
>>31027311
Oh god, I loathed that one too.
Coincidentally, my next thought was "it's like I were back to Unova". Funny that he was using an Unova pokemon.
>>
>>31027339
Not that you had an argument to begin with.
"Comfy" is such a meaningless word now that it makes "overdesigned" sound like a legitimate criticism.
>>
>>31027284
Gen I-II Main Series
Gen III+ unrelated spinoff
In conclusion: Team Rocket Is Pokemon
>>
>>31027339
>he wants a counterarguement to "comfy" something that has absolutely no meaning to it
Try harder.
>>
>>31027402
All pokemon exist for the sake of Team Rocket
>>
>>31020774
>what is up with Masuda's teeth?

You know those shinies that change only one part of the pokemon?
>>
>>31021432
So he's going to be on the dp remakes? Dammit.
>>
>>31022591
>If it had 2-3 years of dev time, then we're looking at something to mirror FR/LG and HG/SS.
Those games were made in one year like ORAS. Stay tasteless.
>>
>>31022591
>Platinum was already a fantastic game
Platinum, unfortunately, was a terrible game for various regions from the region design and environmental effects to simply being confined to gen 4 and related to those horrendous cross gens.
Not to mention the Frontier, contest and base losses.

No matter who makes it it's going to be worse than ORAS unless they choose to forego the changes they made in gen 4.
>>
>>31028670
No matter which team makes it, the games are still gonna be shit unless GF can get over the "muh nostalgia" faggotry. Otherwise HMs will return. Centers/Marts will be seperated again. Undeground is still going to be shit. The sheer ugliness of the region will be maintained. There still won't be any Fire types. And the soundtrack will still be awful.
>>
>>31028670
It's impossible to make it worse than ORAS.
Unless they actually triple down on "streamlining" to the point of boringness.

Other than the slog of real coronet, I don't see any problems that wouldn't be fixed, or at least changed, in a remake. And who gives a shit if cross gen evos are ugly when there's other stuff to pick? (I mean, assuming they do reintroduce platinum's much needed fixes)
They like to change contests at every turn and any minigame and multiplayer feature (that would be poffin making and the underground) are revamped as well in some way or another, so I wouldn't worry much about it either.

Ironically enough, what is probably DPP's greatest flaw would remain unchanged as gen VII has discarded a lot of the speeding-up introduced in gens V and VI.
>>
>>31028802
>It's impossible to make it worse than ORAS.
nice meme, poor bait.
>>
>>31028802
>I don't see any problems that wouldn't be fixed, or at least changed, in a remake.
Did you not play Fire Red / Leaf Green?
Or Heart Gold / Soul Silver?
You had to have Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire right?

None of the remakes changed or fixed shit.
>>
>>31028820
Alright, I admit it.
Pokémon has proven time and time again that anything can always be done worse.
However, even if it's worse at least it won't be as disappointing.
>>
>>31028802
>It's impossible to make it worse than ORAS.
I don't think you understand.
If they do the exact same thing they did to ORAS and retain the majority of the features as they were then it's already going to be worse solely by the fact that DPPt was worse than RSE to begin with.

>I don't see any problems that wouldn't be fixed, or at least changed, in a remake.
Except for things that can't be changed in a remake like the layout of the region for instance.

>And who gives a shit if cross gen evos are ugly when there's other stuff to pick?
The problem that arose when they appeared was that not only were the evos shit for the most part but they were visually unappealing evos to people's favourite mons.
>>
>>31028875
>None of the remakes changed or fixed shit
>FrLg fixed movesets and gave you more content
>HGSS gave you more content, rematches, and additional ways to obtain Pokemon
>ORAS added the DexNav and gave RS a postgame
>>
>>31028875
Technical issues like "saving a lot of data? Alreayd fixed.
Availiable Pokémon? It was such a big issue that they had to fix it in platinum so there's a good chance that it would transfer over to the remakes.
Layout changes? For better or worse, ORAS remodeles Granite Cave and New Mauville heavily, while. HG/SS also added Foam Islands (compeltely different to the RBY/FRLG ones), Viridian Forest and Cerulean Cave, as well as mixing up Mount Silver, Victory Road, Rock Tunnel and Diglett's Cave.
Changing shit? For starters there's E4 switching their teams, but that's pretty minor. Overall, there's a huge pile of minor changes on every remake.

>>31028907
I admit Sinnoh might be a bit bothersome to traverse (other than because of the layout of Mt Coronet, which would be changed for sure).
However if (and this is a big "if") they decide to take a page from SM and make a pager-like feature to replace HMs, backtracking to a previous city becomes a non-issue.

As for the evolution thing, my point is that it was a legit complaint back then because they were the new shiny thing. However, they aren't anymore. By now, cross gen evolutions wouldn't be something people would focus on bur rather something that just "is there" (most of those evos are in SM, but they're barely noticeable). And given what happened to ORAS, my guess is that we would see "Shinoan forms" of old pokémon, which would become the focus as far as creatures go rather than forslass, electivire or magnezone.
The Sinnoh pokédex would only be a problem if they decide to stay with DP's monster availiability instead of taking Platinum's much improved one since THAT was a problem that won't go away 10 years later.
>>
>>31027284
Nah it died after the release of RS.
GSC kept the mania strong but RS were downright awful in every way and turned off most fans at the time.
>>
>>31029114
>Availiable Pokémon? It was such a big issue that they had to fix it in platinum
But they didn't do that in Platinum. The expanded regional 'dex was still crap.
>>
>>31029141
If you had paid attention the anime lost a lot of steam mid gen 2 mostly due to those story issues like the intended GS ball arc being dropped as well as the slight drop in animation and artstyle. The merch sales didn't fare too well in the west after seeing as the anime carried most of the popularity overseas.
Crystal also had a steep drop from the last third version instead of a slow decline like most fads usually do.

Any way you look at it the fad died out in gen 2.

Sorry you had to find out this way.

Any way you look
>>
>>31029210
>If you had paid attention the anime lost a lot of steam mid gen 2 mostly due to those story issues like the intended GS ball arc being dropped as well as the slight drop in animation and artstyle.
That and plot progression moving at a snails pace compared to the prior series. Stretching it out to 250+ episodes long to cover a small region and smaller amount of pokemon was just assinine. The R/S anime upped animation, pacing, and had incredibly little filler. But by the it was sadly to late.
>>
>>31029188
Was it? To be honest I don't remember the specifics, I just know I struggled to find anything I liked in D/P whereas it was easy in platinum. At any rate, nothing stops them from expanding it even further if they're going with what wasn't in D/P anyways. ORAS did it, even if the game was in the final stretch at that point.

My point is that the availiable pokémon in D/P were not up to par and Game Freak were well aware of that. So I doubt they will keep it this time.
Plus all remakes have added new species in non-standard ways, the issue is now how, when and how many.
>>
>>31029275
There was some kind of problem with the writing staff wasn't there?
>>
>>31029290
>I just know I struggled to find anything I liked in D/P whereas it was easy in platinum
Probably because you two are using different criteria.
Platinum only added a couple pokémon that were unobtainable in D/P. What they did instead was take 50 or so pokémon that could only be acquired in the post-game (pokeradar, swarms, trophy garden...) and have them appear as common pokémon.
This basically made the pre-E4 pokédex a 33% bigger without actually adding anything. I find it quite clever.
>>
>>31026680
>This. Sinnoh's music was terrible
One of the best scores in the entire franchise only beat by Unova.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebl51XCxRBc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLjiK4qoKOw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpkr49RioHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qyCROM05DI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJfRE0rs2kE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBaDX33Eew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUZAZt4jAHQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2CxFjGc1sI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rskFoG3fStk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdFJHhzZ_Bg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cLW0Lckhc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNDkmWivXmU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CF_evfTsDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbsX5oXHc8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD73ZEmjmVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKA-JGA-3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr9KFynxBpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbnT0x0e5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMDdaxinjvY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykMkly5puvQ
>>
>>31029650
Or maybe they realized it was pointless to hold onto so many old pokemon because by the time they give you access to them you also get the pal park for even easier acces anyway.
>>
>>31029762
You're not exactly proving your point there anon.
Quite a few of those night time mixes are incredibly dull and drab. The GC is just a horrible mess.

The only one to really salvage it was X and Y's Jubilife mix.
>>
File: d1574.jpg (49KB, 633x1036px) Image search: [Google]
d1574.jpg
49KB, 633x1036px
>>31030015
>The GC is just a horrible mess.
What?
>>
>>31030042
For starters listen to that intro.
It sounds like it was ripped right out of The Sims Bustin Out on GBA.
The next part kind feels like it's trying to mimic the classic Genesis fart sounds.
Then there's a part at about 1:06, that makes a sound that I can't even describe or would even use in at all.
>>
>>31029762
Music just as cluttered as the Pokemon designs.
There's something ironic about it.
>>
>>31029762
>only beat by Unova
You're right about this part at least.

Unova's OST(s) are still the ones to beat. No other comes close. Helps that each town has its own song, and with BW2 each gym also does.
>>
>>31022062

Glad no one took this obvious bait
>>
File: 1482268305557.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482268305557.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
It seems most people on /vp/ dislike DPPt mostly because of the speed. If they did make a remake, the speed wouldn't be an issue, possibly faster than even SM. I'd say it would be a good way for those who hated the speed of DPPt to try the game again. I really enjoyed Pt aside from the speed, so I'm personally hoping for a remake.
Unless they do something terrible to fuck it up which they probably would, but I digress

I also really like gen 4's Pokemon designs. Most of my favorite Pokemon are from gen 4
>>
>>31030697
And the layout
And the roster
And the changes to the game
And the story
And the designs
And the backtracking
And the environmental effects
And defog

You get the point.
>>
>>31030786
I kind of get your point but some I don't get. Most of those would probably be fixed.
HMs are probably gone forever so that's a huge bonus, they'll find a way to remove then somehow. Probably new Sinnoh pokérides.
The newer games now allow you to fly to the routes, or places by the routes, so backtracking isn't as annoying.
New Pokemon can be added to the region. I'd like to see something better than the dexnav where you don't have to beat the game to find cool new things on routes.
Story was actually pretty enjoyable but a bit too big for its britches. maybe add more subtle clues to what the hell is going on sometimes instead of piling it all on heavy.
Can't fix the designs, but like I said, I actually kind of liked them. I know most people don't like them, so I can't think of a way to fix that problem.

Aside from that
>Changes
Most changes from RSE to DPPt were pretty great. Returning day night cycles, physical special split, 2.5d overworld. No idea how these would effect a remake
>Environmental effects
Like what? I feel I don't know exactly what you're talking about. Visual effects? Battle effects?

Sorry for the long reply, I actually have high hopes for a gen4 remake. I'm sure it will all probably be wasted and the remake will be crap, But one can only hope.
>>
>>31030697
>It seems most people on /vp/ dislike DPPt mostly because of the speed.
And the boring/obnoxious region. And the bad music. And the completely lame villians.

>>31031055
>HMs are probably gone forever
So were pokemarts until ORAS.

>New Pokemon can be added to the region.
They can but won't be. What GF said with ORAS still holds true: they don't want to tangle with peoples nostalgia.
>>
>>31023227
>hating on durant
it's literally my mom's ant with a steel exoskeleton, but i still think its a good design
>>
>>31021336
His balding and loss of face fat has him starting to look like a typical old Japanese man
Thread posts: 272
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.