[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This thread is for all Pokémon SM questions that don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 19

File: passportstamp.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
passportstamp.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
This thread is for all Pokémon SM questions that don't deserve their own thread. There wasn't one up so I made a new one.

Anyway where do I have to go to get the stamps for completing the dex? I already caught all 300 Alola mons, but I haven't gotten the stamps yet. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>31020197
get 1.5 million thumbs up on the poke finder and get a 50 streak in super singles and doubles on the battle tree
>>
File: politoed.png (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
politoed.png
20KB, 200x200px
HOW DO I CATCH POLITOED IVE BEEN SOS BATTLING FOR HOURS.
>>31020197
Also go to the game director in Heahea city on Akala Island for the shiny charm and stamps.
>>
>>31020245
woops i thought you were talking about the rest of the stamps.
go to the first city on akala island and go to game freaks office which is to the left of the dimensional lab
>>
For dex stamps, go into GF HQ
>>
>>31020247
sos in rain in the areas it can appear in.
>>
>>31020281
There has to be more to it, ive been trying this at night in malie garden for about 5 hours now.
>>
>>31020247
Use rain dance with damp rock at night
Don't forget the Adrenaline Orb and false swipe
>>
>>31020197
Idk, but do I get something for having seen every mon in the dex, like in gen 6? Being the retard I am I thought it would get me the shiny charm.
>>
>>31020301
Would using a Drizzle Pelliper work aswell?
cuz thats what ive been doing.
>>
>>31020294
It takes luck. I spent a good half a day (collectively) searching for a Politoed but then I got an Espeon first try and later a Happiny without much trouble either.
>>
How can I get Totodile?
>>
>>31020247
Absol @ damp rock
>Rain dance
>False swipe
>Sword dance
>????
>Adrenaline orb
>Profit
>>
>>31020307
Not seen, only caught.
>>
>>31020247
There came a certain point when I just gave up and just stole a King's Rock from Hariyama. That was much less painful than trying to go for that fucking frog.

Unless you have no one else to trade with, I am so sorry.Or maybe I can help with the trade process
>>
File: 1479895282204.gif (131KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
1479895282204.gif
131KB, 500x421px
This thread might be a good place to say that you don't need to challenge the E4 again to catch Koko. Just interact with the shrine like any other Tapu.
>>
>>31020294
it's rare, really fucking rare

and it knows perish song, don't waste your time with it, just get a kings rock
>>
>>31020262
Thank you anon! Merry Christmas!
>>
>>31020326
Scan 10 qr codes then do an island scan. The Pokemon you get depends on the day and island you're on, check the daily events section on serebii for the specifics.
>>
>>31020384
Not him but I've caught one using what >>31020318 said. It takes a really fucking long time for it to be summoned and it's not worth weakening it. Just start chucking balls.
>>
Alright fuck it im just gonna kings rock it.

Where do i find a hariama holding a kings rock?
>>
>>31020499
Why aren't you just using the GTS? You can get any Pokemon with a rare-enough mon, like Relicanth and Jangmo-o.
>>
>>31020524
Cuz i havent seen one yet.
>>
>>31020555
Nice trips.
Do you have anything in an Apricorn Ball? Those can also get you good shit.
>>
File: 1475602285246.jpg (760KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1475602285246.jpg
760KB, 1200x1500px
>>31020555
Have you been in a coma for the past 3 years?
>>
Where do grind for exp because dexio is bloacking me with zim zam
>>
what's a good Alolan Marowak EV spread? Adamant nature
>>
>>31020499
get a butterfree first, make sure it has compound eyes ability

put it at the head of your party

wild hariyama will now have a 20% of holding the kings rock rather than 5%

wild hariyama is on poni plains, it's an ambush encounter in rustling grass
>>
>>31020591

Lucky Egg + Refresh EXP boost + Poni Island postgame areas. Poni Grove is an okay choice, because if you see a Riolu you can get it to summon Chansey, which gives a lot of EXP.
>>
>>31020591
go to battle buffet at the shopping center in hauoli city
>>
>>31020499
Alternatively you can revisit the trainers school after becoming champion and fight the principal on the top floor, she gives you one if you beat her.
>>
What's the best nature for Silvally?
>>
>>31020625
Is there a list of which mons hold what
>>
>>31020863
Adamant and modest are the most variable ones, but you can go for things like bold, calm, jolly or timid depending on what you think of running
>>
>>31020917
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/holditems.shtml

compound eyes increases the chances of finding something

50% boosted to 60%
5% boosted to 20%
1% boosted 5%

>compound eyes butterfree, fainted, at the head of your party
>slot 2, a pokemon with frisk ability to check if wild mon is holding an item
>run if there's no item
>use thief if it has an item

alola exeggutor can have frisk ability and learn TM thief
>>
>>31020585
What?
No, I just havent seen another trainer with a politoed yet.
>>
>>31020924
thanks, I just want the most versatile one, like how a timid arceus can do like 12 different plates
>>
>>31020789
alreay did that to get slowking
>>
>>31021130

theres a search function in the GTS. You can now search for any pokemon if you type in its name
>>
>>31021257
Well shit, don't I look like a horses' ass.
Thanks.
>>
Is there a way to check your own Festival Plaza statistics, or do you have to ask a friend?
>>
I am still clearing the main game and I was wondering if there were any worthwhile special attackers I should hunt down. I have limited myself to Gen 7 and A-form Pokémon only this time around. This is along with my other rule of no overlapping types and going in semi-blind.

Right now my team is as follows:
incineroar
A-Raichu
Golisopod
Crabrawler
A-Dugtrio
Mimikyu

I really dislike Raichu so far, it hasn't been worth the time investment despite having nasty plot. I don't think it has really pulled anything off in my run. I kind if want to replace him at the moment the most, but I realize I also have a heavy focus on physical attacks and want to alleviate that.

To be honest the only Pokémon's design I really love are probably Mimkyu and Crabrawler. A-Dugtrio, Golisopod, and Incineroar are entertaining enough designs that I like.

No spoilers if possible by the way. I know that Crabrawler apparently gets an evolution soon and I'm excited about it since I don't know what it is.
>>
Does anybody know of a recommended setup for vikavolt? I haven't evolved it yet but it's the last member of my team that I need to get ready.
>>
>>31021398

A-Vulpix. You can get one in the grass in Tapu Village, well if you have Sun verison that is. Tutotrnator is also a decent one, and Ribombee/Salazzle are fastAlola mons and hit fairly hard, though they are pretty fragile as well , also if you don't mind stacking on typings for the above mentioned, A-Exeggutor is a good mixed attacker.

>Crabrawler
>Soon

I'm sorry anon.
>>
How do I change the name of Festival Plaza? I'm already above level 20, the douche kid says I can change it any time, but I forget how.

Also what did you name yours?
>>
>>31020197
Can I tap Tapu Lele?
>>
>>31021578
Yeah I have most of those sitting in my box at the moment. The only thing is I'm trying to not type overlap which makes it extremely difficult for me.

Is Oriciro any good? I really like likely he gimmick but I'm not sure they would learn any stab for the secondary typing they have.
>>
Best teams for tree doubles or multis with A.I's?

Best way to grind for the Pokefinder stamp?
>>
>>31021853

its okay. It's only primary stab move is Relevation Dance, which it doesn't get until 40, but it gets quite a few utility moves, and roost and flying STAB ain't a bad offensive typing at all.
>>
This is definitely a stupid question but I didn't want to open a thread just for this

Anyone have a Pokerus infected Pokemon I could snag? The one I had lost its infection before I could do much with it. I don't really care what Pokemon it is
>>
>>31021880
Okay, I'll add it back to my team for a bit to try over Raichu. I just don't like using it at all since it it as weak as a wet tissue paper both offensively and defensively it feels like.

I'm on the fourth island right now so I'm decently far into the game right now, I'm just hoping Crabrawler evolves soon enough. He has been kind of dead weight for a bit, but I am really excited to see what he becomes. I am doing the dragon trial as I type this up, so. it can't be much further. How much game can there be left anyway?
>>
Is there anyone who succesfully rnged an egg using rngchan tool? I have a question about it.
>>
>>31021699
Its under the options button on the bottom screen, where you change your greetings.
I named mine Didney Wurl
>>
>>31021915
I can give u one in exchange for evolving my Porygon 2

I'll give you the mon when u give back the porygon
>>
>>31022041
Yeah I'm down to help you out. I've added you now
>>
>>31022111
ayt give me 2 min
>>
>Got Gold Bottlecap from Treasure Hunt *** yesterday
>Got three more today from Treasure Hunt ***** (second draw), Treasure Hunt *** and Isle Aphun

How lucky am I?
>>
>>31022144
How does direct trading to a friend work anyway? I assume it's through Festival Plaza
>>
>>31022111
waiting in festival plaza now
>>
>>31022197
are you online in festival plaza? also is G your in game name?
>>
>>31022199
Bear with me, I'm new to the Festival Plaza stuff lol. Do I just search for your name in the guest list or something?
>>
>>31022237
No my IGN is Ken, sorry realizing that is confusing. Is yours Citrus?
>>
>>31022238
make sure to go online first. yes you do
>>
>>31022248
Got it, figured it out
>>
>>31022247
I'm requesting a trade with you rn, make sure to accept it

yes Citrus is my ingame name
>>
>>31022281
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it
>>
>>31022347
same here man
>>
>>31020247
Weather SOS Pokemon are pretty much insane

>In terms of difficulty
1. Castform
2. Politoed/Poliwrath
3. Sliggoo
4. Vanillish

9000. Gabite
9001. Poliwhirl
9002. Goomy
9003. Vanillite
>>
>>31022448

Castform is that difficult to find? I got one very quickly. I just must have been lucky.
>>
This Anon from before: >>31021937

I have another question. What the fuck is this and why? Why does this exist? Why do I now have a fucking white washed Fuzzy Lumpkin instead of a bad ass boxing crab? Who do I need to take out back and shoot in the back of the head?

I don't think I have ever been this disappointed in an evolution ever before and I'm just a little depressed over it. Out of all the fucking things you could of done with a line like this, THIS is what you choose? There is nothing redeeming about this pile of shit. I'm gonna put the game down for a bit. I drag around dead weight for a whole fucking game and this is the reward. Jesus fucking Christ what a mood killer.
>>
>>31022769

Merry Christmas anon. ahahahaha!
>>
File: medicham.png (4MB, 2500x2124px) Image search: [Google]
medicham.png
4MB, 2500x2124px
If I wonder trade off a Meditite, despite it not being obtainable prior to bank release, what'll happen? I wanna try, but I don't wanna get banned.
>>
Does Disguise fail sometimes???

My MImikyu was battling this guys Solgaleo online.Got two Sword Dances out due to paralysis. Bear in mind it never took any damage up to this point. Got hit with Sunsteel Strike and died. The fuck? I'm so confused and pissed off.
>>
>>31024060
Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam hit past abilities.
>>
>>31024078
Oh shit, how did I forget this? Fuck me.
>>
>>31021184
Most versatile is Naïve and Hasty due to being able to swap sets from Physical/Special/Mixed/Support due to having the +speed nature, only thing you can't swap to is the tank builds.
>>
File: Skärmbild (4).png (185KB, 1377x517px) Image search: [Google]
Skärmbild (4).png
185KB, 1377x517px
What is this?
>>
Can people in online battles see your pokemon's nicknames?
>>
Can someone tell me why i can't seem to be able to meet Anabel in the battle tree? Seriously I have like 150 hours in this game now, but I havent seen her once in either doubles or singles
>>
>>31024641
stunfisk
>>
>>31021855
Doubles there's a couple of teams, Oranguru Instruct Trick Room, Koko + A-Raichu and Gigalith + Sand Veil Offensive Bulky Garchomp are my favourites.
Some of the megas like Mega-Mom and Mega-Mence are great with a Fake Out support or Coverage ally. I like Passimian with Mega-Mom for Parental Bond Receiving.
Honestly anything that compliments each other that's fairly powerful will do well in doubles. Always try to have a Bulky/Tank Pokémon too, I like Bulky Arcanine and Bulky A-Marowak since they can come in and soak valuable weaknesses with LightningRod and Intimidate. fire is also one of the best defensive types and the lack of SR in doubles really accentuates that

As for the Pokefinder either the Mountain with the Beldum and Metang or the Ice Cave leading to the League for Frostlass.
>>
>>31022448
Castform is easy if you know what you're doing.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SOS_Battle#Weather-dependent_allies
It's either 1% or 10% depending on which weather and location combo you're doing. So just go to where it's 10% in rain and switch between two Drizzle Pelliper.
>>
>>31020247
It's 1000x easier to just GTS a Metal Coat Scyther for one
>>
Best team for Battle Tree?
>>
I'm considering doing either an alola forms only or gen 7 only run for my first playthrough of Sun. What are some recommendations for either?
>>
I got a New 3DS for Christmas and want to transfer my info to it.

https://youtu.be/Y88G3tp_f88

This works right?
>>
How do I raise affection? I've been teaching Chansey rest and sleep talk through TM for about an hour and it still won't evolve
>>
>>31024851
Muk is solid. Ninetales is good. Raichu is great but only after experiencing hell with Pichu and Pikachu for 30 some levels. I hear Marowak is awesome but you have to deal with not learning its sig move until move relearner at end game.

I had a great time with Rowlet + evos. I hear Popplio is also a great choice. Mudsdale is awesome if you get Stamina. I hear Ribombee is a monster as well as is Mimikyu. Araquanid's ability is awesome. Wishiwashi was ok.
>>
>>31024979
You got meme'd with the TM thing pal, just walk around with it for a while, give it the EV decreasing berries or just leave in the hot springs in Poképelago.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
>>31020197

Where I can get a 6 IV Ditto? Anyone knows an community that handles it? The current subreddit is on pause.
>>
Can you rebattle Red/Blue with the full teams?
>>
>>31024982
Can confirm Primarina will faceroll the E4.
>>
The stamps be learned after finish each trial, win the league , catching every pokemon i one island and then go to gamefreack quarters, catch every single pokemon in the game and then go to the gamefreck quarters, win 50 single battle tree battles in a row, win 50 double battles in battle tree in a row
>>
>>31020197
Prolly been asked before but what's a good chainer mon?

Also what's the best way to chain a HA Sableye?
>>
>>31025558

No.
>>
>>31025791
For HA Sableye get a HA Pangoro. Scrappy False Swipe, Thief and Entertrainment.

Decidueye walls Pancham unless it has Scrappy and has False Swipe, chain with that.
>>
>>31022769
Yeti Crabs are cool
>>
File: 1467017040182.jpg (87KB, 424x339px) Image search: [Google]
1467017040182.jpg
87KB, 424x339px
>>31022769
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
How do you collect the 50BP from the online tournament?

Are there any other efficient methods for collecting BP?
>>
Why does no one in the anime use Great Balls or Ultra Balls? I can understand why Ass doesn't, he's probably broke as fuck coz he's a shite trainer.
>>
What's the point of the restaurants in SM?
>>
>>31027038
Free heart scales, pick the bottom option the island Kahuna will pay for you, eat with you then give you heart scales
>>
>>31027072
But what the game doesn't show you is what you did to earn those scales...
>>
>>31026309
i have this same question, how the fuck do i get the 50 BP?
>>
>>31027038
Heartscales.
Certain meals will invite the kahuna after clearing the grand trial, who gives you their share of them doubling your amount, once per day. (3rd island for instance, Ronin meal gives you E I G H T scales at once.)

>>31026649
extra ball types are less iconic/recognizable and since they don't have a special effect, it's not worth it to include them. Kiddies cant keep up
>>
>>31027305
Damn kids ruining my Pokemon!
>>
Is there an event or something after catching Necrozma?

Story cuts off too sudden, Anabel even states she's going to sushi high roller but i can't find her and Nanu is just chilling at home with his meowths.
>>
I've never played ORAS, is it possible to turn May into a nigger in these games like you can in XY, SM?
>>
>>31027146
https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/present/04de7f58-5bd9-4b2a-9c2d-47d43bcd2bcf
>>
What's the best team to use in the Battle Royal?
>>
>>31028330
Something that explodes with high attack, Golem is good, then at least 1 bulky Pokémon with recovery and protect and something that hits hard and fast with priority to mop up.
>>
>>31027722
No
>>
Do we know if it'll be possible to transfer pokes from Gen V games straight to Gen VII?
>>
Can the 2DS play Sun and Moon?
>>
Is there any quick way to gain happiness? Trying to complete the dex with minimal trading, but god damn Blissey, Snorlax and Pikachu needing high happiness?
>>
>>31030378
Should be yea; poketransfer to bank, then straight into SuMo
>>
Not sure if this question's been asked in this thread already, but where's a good place to grind after defeating the elite four? Dexio & Anabel are kicking my arse no matter what I do, and I can't use the Tapus because I caught all four of them.
>>
>>31031845
Use berries that lower EVS such as Tamato Berries for quick happiness.
>>
>>31020375
Tried that with fini. Didn't work after the kill. Shrine didn't react/
>>
>>31032082
You can fight level 55 pokemon at the Battle Buffet @ Hau'oli City Shopping District (melemele isl.) after elite 4. Leave the room before hitting the 10 move cap so you have more to fight per day.

I heard you can miss the Dexio fight by flying directly to the Ruins of Hope and keeping right. You can give it a shot.
>>
>>31024851
>gen 7 only run
Ribombee is pretty amazing. Fairy typing gives it multiple opportunities to switch. It gets good stabs, it is fast and it gets Quiver Dance. It let me down in postgame battles though (which is not surprising considering that AI has amazing Pokemon).

Incineroar is great. Good movepool, great typing for many major battles.

Lycanroc-day is fast and Swords Dance+rock STAB combo hits like a truck, however lack of bulk or movepool hurts it.

Lurantis is tons of fun. Early game it's shit but as it gets better moves (Synthesis, Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Leech Life) it becomes useful. I am VERY subjective on this one though since it helped me complete Pokedex.

Charjabug is powerful enough for most of the game but evolves too late and Vikavolt is way too slow for its bulk. And its movepool blows.

>>31027412
Nope. You basically beat everything story-related in the game after Necrozma. It is weird indeed. At least it's better what ORAS did with Looker (anyone knows what's up with that btw?).

>>31030378
We don't have such information afaik but it would be logical to assume it is possible.

>>31031662
Yes. One of my friends beat Moon on his 2DS.

>>31031845 >>31024979
Go to Route 10 and gather EV-reducing berries (there are 6 kinds of them). Plant all of them in Pelago (each berry needs 48 hours to grow, however you get 14 berries PER ONE PLANT).
All of these berries increase happiness as well (and do so quite substantially). With Soothe Bell, 20 berries should be enough to guarantee evolution on everything that doesn't start with 0 happiness (like Type: Null).

>>31032162
I think anon meant that you can rebattle Koko after story-required battle. Not that you are able to rebattle every Tapu from the get-go.
>>
If I breed a male Lapras with a ditto, will I end up with a ditto or a Lapras?
>>
>spend two hours grinding FC talking to random shitheads in the plaza to take advantage of the SR trick
>finally get it all set up
>first shop is a shitty thump a dump 1 star
>second is...now I can change the castle exterior!
>I'm so fucking stupid I didn't realize the second level up would bring me to 50

Shoot me.
>>
>>31033168
Ditto can never hatch from an egg.
>>
>>31033168
nigga ditto can't make other ditto, they can only be found in the wild
>>
File: 821735097fh.png (1MB, 1200x984px) Image search: [Google]
821735097fh.png
1MB, 1200x984px
To get Shell Smash on Cloyster, do I need to level Shellder to 56 and then evolve it, or will it try to learn it when it evolves regardless of level?
>>
Balltism for Mimikyu? I'm leaning towards Ultra for non-apricorn choices.

If anyone has the full balltism chart in a clear format (fuck off jpg) that'd be greatly appreciated.
>>
#1. Is Necrozma a Ultra beast?

#2. Is colress apart of the Aether foundation?

#3. Is looker a Faller?
>>
My team is currently:
>Magnezone
>Mismagius
>Ribombee
>Golisopod
>Mudsdale
What Memory should I give Silvally to help?
>>
>>31033862
Why don't you just try a water stone on it now?
>>
>>31033984
Because I'm an idiot apparently.
For the record, it works at level 1, thanks anon.
>>
Recommended natures for the Tapu's and Ultra Beasts?
>>
>>31033918

1. no

2. no

3. yes
>>
Where can I get a Macho Brace?
>>
>>31034344

you don't, lol.
>>
Does the Amulet Coin and Lucky Incense stack?
>>
>>31034799
No
>>
I I finally filled up the trade evolution Pokemon via GTS

Do I need to complete the UBs for the Alolan Pokedex to get the Shiny Charm?
>>
>>31034799
No, but Happy Hour and Amulet Coin/Lucky Incense do.
>>
If you have 2 copies of the game, can you use the GTS to trade pokemon back and forth between them?

Also, can you rename a pokemon you get from a trade but of which you're still the OT?

>>31034860
yes
>>
In SoS battle EV training, do you gain the EVs from a slain pokemon that was killed by it's partner pokemon through a move such as earthquake, and if so, does the EVs gained correlate with the external factors such as the SoS increase in EVs+PokeRus+training brace?
>>
>>31024851

Alolan muk, passimian, tsareena, and primarina are all great for story mode from experience. So far in my moon run, ribombee and toucannon have been pretty solid as well. And it wouldn't surprise me if mimikyu, araquanid, golisopod, alolan nintetails and lycanroc were also good for story mode but I've only used them at endgame.
>>
How do I set those messages people see when GTS trading with me?
>>
>>31034878
use quick link for local trading
>>
>>31034975
Click the message
>>
>>31034979
oh wait nvm i thought you had two DSes also, yes you can use the gts, just make sure it doesn't get sniped.
>>
>>31025123
pokehex
>>
>>31034989
?? what
>>
If I have a Pokémon on Isle Abeens that wants to join me but I don't want it, does it eventually go away?
>>
Is it possible to catch more than one of each Ultra Beast?
>>
>>31035121
there are 4 pheromosas, 2 buzzwoles, 4 kartanas, 2 xurkitrees and 2 celesteelas. You can only get ne nihilego and guzzlord
>>
>>31035141
Wait, I thought Pheromosa was the equivalent of Buzzwole
>>
>>31035220
it is, they're both UB-02, and kartana and celesteela are both UB-04, but you dont get the same amounts
>>
>>31035141
>anon it's not nice to make up shit in an ask thread
>good four pheromosa
>it's actually true

good god
>>
>>31035099
dont talk to them and they'll go away
>>
>>31034991
ok, I'm having some problems. I put up a pikipek asking for a scyther. Problem is I cant find it in my other game even by filtering. I think the problem could be I typed in its name, and maybe for some reason that causes it not to appear? it wasnt sniped, I'm sure of that at least.
>>
>>31020555
trips of stupidity. you do not have to see it first. just fucking scroll to the bottom and pick "What Pokemon?" and it lets you type out a name. this is exactly the same way it was in xyoras, meaning you are either fucking underage and/or have NEVER used the gts.
>>
why are people in this thread so avoidant of Just Fucking Googling It? every single thing here can be answered by fucking google.
>>
>>31021257
>"you can now.."
it was exactly the same in XYORAS.
>>
>>31021398
don't even go on this board if you care about spoilers.
>>
>>31021398
crabrawler evolves very late game.
>>
>>31021915
this is not the place for that kind of question, you're right- it's stupid in the sense that it's irrelevant and essentially not a question.
>>
>>31022769
yeti crab. an actual species. its not garbage just because you have a narrow frame of reference.
>>
>>31035462
>>31035485
Seriously, if you're going to reply to a post, at least read the messages before and after it.
>>
>>31022769
get over yourself you fucking faggot ass retard, it's a motherfucking yeti crab. it's not bad just because you're fucking uneducated
>>
Whats the best pokemon, that isn't a UB or legendary, to put on GTS to get me anything I want?
>>
>>31035609
island scan pokemon, trade evos, weavile and fully evolved pseudos
>>
>>31025123
only legit way is to get a high chain and a lot of luck, otherwise hack it yourself or get lucky in a giveaway
Some streamer on twitch is currently doing a giveaway.
>>
>>31024979
that does not work. at all. period.
>>
>>31035609
SOS pokemon (castform/goomy/politoed), sandygast, and kangaskhan worked for others
>>
>>31031662
the 2ds is functionally exactly the same as a 3ds minus the 3d. sun and moon doesn't even have 3d to begin with other than in the completely pointless pokefinder spots.
>>
>>31035741
sorry, meant SOS weather pokemon. dhelmise is also good
>>
>>31035609
I've mostly been trading Goomy, Feebas and Vanillite. I've gotten 5 Silvallys, 3 Type: Nulls, around 12 UBS and 6 Tapu's.
>>
>>31030378
logically, yes. there's no reason you would ever have to take them out of bank onto xyoras just to put them right back into bank.
>>
>>31035400
I need some help here. I've been taking back and redumping new pokemon into the GTS to try and trade but every time the search results come up as non-existant, and I go back on my other cartridge to find out it wasnt sniped

If it helps I barely began the game on the game I'm depositing from, while I already cleared the game on my other one.
>>
>>31035767
Are there idiots willing to trade Feebas without the scale? I'm too damn lazy to run around with 6 meowths.
>>
>>31035803
*for Feebas
>>
>>31033168
you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>31035803
I traded I think 6 of them, and none of them had the scale. I would check up on the trade after 2 hours, and only 1 of them wasn't traded within that time frame. Withdrew and deposited it again and it was gone within 20 minutes.
>>
Jynx or Exeggutor for mono-psychic

Yes I'm asking an XY question, sue me
>>
>>31035824
I used Exeggutor in my mono-psychic Y run and didn't have any memorable problems once it evolved.
>>
>>31035823
Sweet. I'm trying to scam a +Atk Pheromosa off of people.
>>
>>31035790
maybe you should scan the qr code for the pokemon you want to search on the gts? just a suggestion. not sure if it will work. Also make sure you actually spelt it correctly if you're manually typing.
>>
Does isle evelup force your pokemon to learn new moves?haven't played since gen IV and that's how I remember the day care working. Wanting to just level up some of my higher level pokes while grinding out my pokedex.
>>
>>31035880
Honestly don't bother trying to level up with Pelago. You'll gain like 1 level in the max number of sessions.
>>
>>31034860
duh. theyre still pokemon, no matter the specification.
>>
What's the best nature for all the Tapus?
So far I only have Lele with Timid
>>
>>31035927
Bulu: Adamant
Fini: Timid or Bold
Koko: Jolly
>>
>>31035927
>Bulu: Adamant
Wouldn't Jolly be better? it might need that little extra speed sometimes
>>
>>31035950
ya it depends on preference
>>
>>31035954
>>31035938

Jolly it is then, thanks
>>
>>31035009
just fucking tap the motherfucking message section when putting up your pokemon, are you retarded?
>>
How many chained Dittos must I expect for a perfect one?
>>
>>31036072
~70 for 4 IVs and that's the max number you can get. Your best bet is to chain for two 4 IV Dittos that complement each others' weak stats.
>>
>>31036123
By max number I mean max number of guaranteed 31 IV stats. You can get perfect ones but good luck with that.
>>
>>31022511
I've gone through over 100 weather SOS encounters and haven't seen a single one.
>>
>>31036164
see >>31024759
>>
>>31033918
Yes, as much as Solgaleo and Lunala are, it's been on Pokearth long enough to lose its Z-energy and Beast Boost though.

It's never clarified. It doesn't say he is, but doesn't say he isn't.

Yes.
>>
Did Synchronize's effect with natures get nerfed hard or something? I haven't gotten it to work once, and even with only a 50% chance, it's starting to stretch the bounds of probability.
>>
Is there any reward for upgrading all my pokepelago islands?

If not then I'd like to keep my berry and hotspring islands partially undeveloped just because I like a bit of natural greenery.
>>
When you transfer Ash-Greninja from the demo, does it have the same stats and nature as it did there or is it randomized when you receive it? And what nature would you guys recommend for it?
>>
>>31036576
It should still be 50/50
>>
>>31036576
It just look like bad luck Anon, i got it to work most of the time
>>
>>31036608
I think you get some rainbow beans. But I'd recommend upgrading your berry island, its level 3 doesn't look too bad from looking at Serebii.
>>
>>31036627
>>31036643
Guess I'll just have to hope the odds balance out on future attempts, then. Thanks, anons.
>>
>>31035950
CB Adamant Grassy Terrain Wood Hammer is insane though.
>>
>>31036123
It's 30 for 4iv and 70 for maximum shiny rate
>>
>>31036865
Shiny rate is doubled as standard at any point in an SOS battle.
>>
>>31036936
What's your source? I go from

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-anybody-researching-sun-moon-shiny-chaining.450904/
>>
>>31020247
Malie Garden in the rain, right? If it's not raining try the alternate universe (0_0)
>>
File: Pokemon-Moon-Sun-2DS.jpg (688KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Moon-Sun-2DS.jpg
688KB, 1920x1080px
>>31031662
These would be a bit of a ripoff if it didn't.
>>
>>31037060
In the rain at night.
>>
File: 1481912835394.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481912835394.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>31033929
2 Pokemon from your team are weak to Fire types and none of them resist it so Water might be a good idea.

>>31034267 >>31035927
Koko - Timid/Jolly
Lele - Modest/Timid
Bulu - Adamant
Fini - Bold/Calm/Modest/Timid
Nihilego - Timid
Pheromosa - Naughty/Naive
Xurkitree - Modest
Buzzwole - Adamant
Celesteela - whatever, I caught Brave to not decrease its good offense and defense
Kartana - Jolly/Adamant
Guzzlord - Modest
Necrozma - Modest

>>31034878
You can rename a Pokemon which was caught/bred by you even if it was traded earlier.

>>31034940
If you get experience from that Pokemon, you get EV. And yes, it should still count all bonuses.

>>31035099
Yes. If you don't talk to them they disappear. Even if you DO talk with them they might disappear.

>>31035477
Some of these questions require extensive use of Google, m8.

>>31035880
Isle Evelup does and Rare Kitchen doesn't IIRC.

>>31035896
29 700 experience for max sessions. That's enough to level up from 94 to 95 (or from 1 to 33) for most of Pokemon. Too bad it takes almost 25 hours.

>>31036576
Two changes were made to Synchronize lately:
Dead Pokemon don't activate Synchroniz even if they are in the lead.
Stationary Pokemon (from Undiscovered group) has woopin 100% chance to have the same type. It works with Cosmog, Magearna and Zygarde.

>>31036617
I've read you always get Hardy Ashgreninja in demo but when transferred its nature is random.
Timid or Naive. 132 base speed is sexy.
>>
what is the best grinding spot because the leage is kicking my ass
>>
>>31037067
>It can't fold
Fucking dropped
>>
>>31020197
does leveling up pokemon in poke pelago replace moves like in the daycare from previous gens? or will it keep the moves the way they are?
>>
>>31037234
>>31037254
At least read the thread if you don't want to Google ffs.
>>
>>31035395
I mean if they want to stay (They have the little heart), I talked to them and said "No", will they eventually leave?
>>
I am playing Sun, and I want to trade my spare Buzzwole for a Pheromosa to complete my Dex, but since there is no QR code that I can scan, I can't ask for her on the GTS. What do?
(Same for Lunala and Celesteela)
>>
>>31037989
manually type it out, under the list of pokemon theres an option "what pokemon?", remember to spell it correctly or it won't find the pokemon you're looking for.
>>
>>31038011
Oh, that's easy enough. I kept going out of the GTS to scan mons that I didn't find yet. Now I feel silly.
>>
File: Komm-o.jpg (67KB, 605x582px) Image search: [Google]
Komm-o.jpg
67KB, 605x582px
Dragon dance or Sword dance?
>>
>>31038437
Shell Smash DD
Also, neither because he's trash desu
>>
>>31038437
Box that garbage dance.
>>
Anyone got the full balltism chart in a clearer format than JPG?
>>
>>31024699
I believe so in link battles. Battle Spot just has everything as the defaults. I generally assume that if I can see the nicknames, they can.
>>
File: Poké_Ball.jpg (8KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
Poké_Ball.jpg
8KB, 250x247px
>>31038742
Yeah, just catch everything in pokeballs. Thats enough balltisim
>>
>>31038437
Dragon Dance, if you're going for competitive. Or maybe Bulk Up for a semi-defensive set. Basically, treat it like a somewhat defensive Haxorus. In-game, do neither and just run 4 attacking moves, because Dragonium Z Kommo-O murders literally every part of the Elite 4.
>>
>>31038742
i went ahead and put it through waifu2x, it's not amazing but it kinda works

http://i.imgur.com/9Hphnln.jpg
>>
>>31033871

People like Luxary Mimikyu due to it wanting to be loved so badly.
>>
>>31038437
Specs with Clanging Scales, Flash Cannon, Flamethrower and Focus Blast desu
>>
Is there a way to reorganize the buttons on the bottom screen?
>>
>>31040061
Press and hold, then drag.
>>
how do I get a slowpoke with regenerator?

should I get pokemon with trace to switch him in and out to see if one of the sos link slowpokes has that ability?
>>
>>31035580
>>31035589
Literally who cares what it's based on. Being a yeti crab doesn't mean it has to get that stupid hairstyle, idiotic face, or pawrint claws. I've seen the breakdown on how well thought out the evolution is thematically, but it doesn't excuse the the design.
>>
If i forget an egg move, can i remember later with the Move reminder?
>>
>>31040525
Kadabra or Alakazam with role play. It's basically a trace you can target.
>>
>>31040829
Move reminders work with egg moves. Only pre-evo only moves can't be reminded. Egg moves can still be reminded of you've evolved the mon.
>>
>>31040092
Awesome, thanks anon
>>
whats is the earliest place where you can catch sandshrew?
>>
In the festival plaza, which two statements from your profile are the ones that appear when you're wonder trading?
>>
>>31041052
Tapu Village on Ula'Ula
>>
>>31040929
It worked, thanks anon
>>
>>31040525
I False Swipe a Slowpoke then bring out Golbat with Taunt, Confuse Ray and 2 attacking moves.
Slowpoke has either Oblivious, Own Tempo or Regenerator so the confuse/taunt check guarantees Regenerator will be detected.
>>
>>31037087
Aye, I was aware of the former. Unfortunately it's not a stationary Pokémon I'm going after, but thanks all the same.
>>
So, I caught two Magnemite Timid and Modest with HP Fire. If I do Hyper Training they will have max IVs and keep the Hidden Power. Is this correct?
>>
File: poison.png (26KB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
poison.png
26KB, 400x256px
So I had a thought the other day and wanted to see if anyone else had thought of it.
>Toxapex and several other Pokemon can learn Toxic Spikes, which automatically poisons anything that comes into battle
>Salazzle has the Corrosion ability, which lets her poison Pokemon of any type
Let's say you use one Pokemon to lay down Toxic Spikes, then switch into Salazzle. If the opponent switches into a steel or poison type, will they get poisoned?
>>
What am i doing wrong with pokefinder? I'm taking these pictures that other people are saying are worth 6-10 thousand and getting 3. Zoomed in, centered photos of pokemon emoting directly into the camera.
>>
File: ohmy.gif (2MB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
ohmy.gif
2MB, 540x303px
What's a good eelektross set for battle tree?

I want to run a set with Cynthia's garchomp
>>
what do i buy first destiny knot or power items?
>>
>>31041621
yes
>>
>>31041967
There's no reason to EV train if you haven't bred the good pokemon yet. You can slowly EV train a well bred pokemon without power items, you've got no chance of breeding a good pokemon without destiny knot.
>>
Where I can get the starters mega stones?
>>
>>31021398
Cutiefly levels fast and evolves fairly early, and its evolution gets a very decent spread of Bug and Fairy moves. It can't take too much of a beating but it can mitigate damage with Drain Kiss, which not many things in Alola resist.
>>
>>31041619

yes

>>31041801

Anything with AssVest

>>31041967

Destiny Knot you can get from a Pick Up mon or you can do the Oranguru+Torkoal double trouble combo in the Doubles Battle Tree for easy BP grind. Then once you get your destiny know from either option, do whatever you want.

>>31042290

Beat Red in the Battle Tree
>>
>>31042325
>Oranguru+Torkoal double trouble
What strategy?
>>
>>31021438
I recommend you find a different Pokemon. By the time my Charjabug evolved, Vikavolt fell well behind other team members and ended up being one of the weakest parts of my team for the final dungeons and League battles. Most notably it has very low speed for what you'd expect from a bug/electric, and no recovery for the damage it takes from being constantly outsped.
>>
Is there any other way to get king's rock besides the route 1 one and battle tree?
>>
>>31042340

Oranguru sets up trick room
You parting shot with your Silvally/A-Persian
Torkoal spams Eruption and Oranguru uses instruct so Torkoal uses Eruption again

EZ BP Grind, though later on they'll start to spam Flash Fire mons at you so have a Rock/Ground type in reserves.
>>
File: image.jpg (263KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 900x600px
>>31020197
Best way to farm bottle caps that doesn't involve Festival Plaza bullshit?
>>
>>31042618

Hariyama encounter in Poni Wilds (overworld grass encounter)

5% of holding Kings Rock, 20% chance if you lead with a Compoundeyes (Butterfree). Just get some X Defends, get the Hariyama into SOS range and spam Thief until you get one.
>>
>>31042757
poke pelago diamond mines or fishing rod
seafolk village is the best spot (got 10) but no Dhelmise
>>
This isn't a gameplay question so much as it is a game design question: Why can't you go back to ultraspace and catch more Nihilego after completing the UB missions?
>>
Does affection hax work in the battle tree?
>>
What the fuck is the deal with people asking for level 91+ mons on the GTS? It's not like anyone ever actually does those trades. Is it for some bot?
>>
>>31041801
Yes, Assault Vest is best, because you don't have access to the tutors you'd need with Eelektross for other sets.

I recommend a special set because you are pairing with Chomp.

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 HP
-Discharge
-Grass Knot
-Flamethrower/Flash Cannon
-Dragon Tail/Flash Cannon

Shame, Eel gets so many move tutors. But this is a good set for Doubles, getting Discharge spread without damaging Chomp, and Chomp EQing so good synergy. Coverage moves, and then you probably want Flash Cannon somewhere to deal with Chomp's fairies. Dragon Tail can force things out at the end of turn, and then when they come back in Garchomp will likely be able to finish the job.

If you go physical, include Rock Slide for Ice types.
>>
>>31043306
No
>>
>>31020197
Do I wait to evolve, or just do it then?
>>
So if I SR for a Tapu Koko with a good nature and it only has ok IVs and I use a gold battle cap it would it basically be a perfect Tapu Koko?

Also the nature for Ash-Greninija was set in the demo but if I SR for it in front of the delivery guy can I get a different nature and different IVs?
>>
>>31044921
Yeah, the only other thing you would need to watch for while SRing is Hidden Power if you want to use it.
>>
>>31037246
I bought one and it's fucking great
>>
>>31045001
Ok thank you.
>>
Guys i'm retarded, i accidentally freed a pokemon with the everstone.
There is a way to get another one in-game or can some hacker trade me one?
>>
>>31046060
Use Pelago
>>
>>31046060
use thief on roggenrola, it's like a 5% chance i think
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Just got Sun, which of the three is the best starter?
>>
>>31037246
it's only an issue if you have girlpockets.

The framerate also drops a lot in doubles, but it does on a N3DSXL too so...
>>
>>31046121
They're all equally shit, pick with your heart
>>
>>31046079
>>31046102
Thank you
>>
>>31046121
Popplio is best for ingame, Litten is best for charisma and design, Rowlet is best for catching in postgame.
>>
>>31046121
Rowlet is best designed, the others are shit.
>>
>>31044918
bump
>>
My Primarina just reached level 55, is replacing Sparkling Aria for Hydro Pump worth it?
>>
>>31046060
Do the interesting stone Pelago thing. You'll get a billion
>>
How do I get a clean slate on EVs? I k ow you can use berries to lower one, but I'd like to have none at all for a build I wanna do
>>
Just started the game a couple hours ago, am on the second island. Anything I should know?

Also, is it just me or are the black screens after battles etc. too fucking long?
>>
Not a real question but help me decide.
About to tackle the league, not sure if I should bring Solgaleo or not, and which Pokémon should I remove from my party if I do, Vikavolt, Kommo-o or Golisopod.

Help this indecisive anon.
>>
>>31046895
Don't bring Solgaleo the E4 can be pretty tough and Steel/Psychic with his stats and movepool annihilate it.
It'll be a lot more fun with your mates from the game.
>>
>>31046895
>>31046943
Also bring a mon with flase swipe and hypnosis, you will need it
>>
Can anyone tell me some beneficial natures for the following Pokemon

Metagross
Salamence
Celesteela
All the Tapus
>>
>>31046895
I used the defense raise move and played stall for members that I knew I was gonna have trouble with

Drop vikavolt
>>
>>31046745
Are you on the o3DS? I'm on the n3DS and the game only can't handle multi-battles and some Z-Moves.

>>31046721
Only way is EV reducing berry's from route 10, soft reset for the ones you want, or EV reducing meals from the Festival Plaza Kitchen.

>>31046436
For in-game probably not, the accuracy and PP will be much more useful on Sparkling Aria.
Post-game/competitive Hydro Pump is better. unless you're doing Z-move memes

>>31044918
It depends what for, but usually yes. Things like Nasty Plot on the Pikachu line can only be learnt by Pichu, and not relearnt like in ORAS.
Always check if you're not sure.
For example, I saved my Charjabug at level 28 since it learns Bug Buzz at level 31 as a Vikavolt, and my Crabrawler learnt Crabhammer at level 37 and Crabombinable learns Ice Hammer at that level, since Crabhammer can't be remembered at the relearner but Ice Hammer can you wait until after Crabhammer to evolve.
>>
>>31047064
yup, old. It's even before the title screen. The screen is black, then a little more gray, then the intro pops up.
>>
>>31046963
>>31046895
>>31046943 here, spoilers for the Hypnosis and False Swipe you fight Koko immediately after the E4, but don't worry you can knock it out and fight it after with its EVs and Nature randomised from the first fight so you can soft reset for a good one if you want!
Also Hypnosis won't work under Electric Terrain
>>
>Gen1 games on VC
>Pokebank connection to SM
>No way for a legit Surfing Pikachu in the VC games, that can be transferred to SM and evolved.

For what purpose, GF?
>>
>>31046943
Golisopod and Kommo-o are new additions actually, and Solgaleo is appropiate plot-wise.
Also all my party is breeded for favorable nature and EV trained.
That Nihilego-Lusamine battle was legit hard, caught me off guard the first time, so I made preparations for the league, but I think Solgaleo would be overkill.

>>31046997
>>31047103
Good to know, thanks.

>>31047004
That's the one I was considering dropping.
So cool, so disappointing.
>>
>>31046121
>Primarina for absurd Special Attack

Everything else is just for personal taste.
Soft-reset for a female though, but you're likely to pick up extra starters from WT anyway.
>>
How do I build Toxapex? 252 Def 252 SpD 4 HP?
>>
>>31047160
Solgaleo will definitely be overkill, especially if you Synchronized it for Adamant and Attack IVs it'll plow through the E4.
Did you breed Aqua Jet onto your Golisopod then? If you didn't you get it off Surskit.
>>
>>31047256
You shouldn't really build around both defenses without HP investment.

Try pure physically defensive with
252HP/252Defense/4S.Defense
Bold

If there's any moves you're looking at specifically resisting split your 252 Defense into Defense and Special Defense so you can take less and recover off things like Greninja's Dark Pulse for example. Use the calculator from Showdown and max offensive investment for your calcs, so you don't get caught out. Check stuff like Specs and LO too, Defensive sets are extremely versatile and without copy pasting you need to understand the meta to build optimally.
>>
>>31047309
I didn't bother that much with Solgaleo.
About Golisopod, I didn't know that. It's too late now, but I'll breed a better one after the league.
I didn't bother with IV anyway, figured nature and EV should be enough.

Actual question here.
Items like focus sash, red card and such, when used in main game battles (wild Pokémon, npc trainers) are consumed and lost?
>>
>>31047439
Yeah they're all lost when consumed during a battle.
I believe if a non-consumable item is Knocked Off then it is returned after the battle though.
>>
>>31047414
Right, thanks.
>>
>>31047619
They're not consumed in Battle Tree, right?
>>
Best place / way to level up fast just before the league?
>>
>>31047878
Poni Canyon. Don't forget you have exp. share.
>>
Do any of the Battle Tree uniques have to be unlocked?

I keep getting fucking Plumeria despite leading with Hydreigon
No, game, I'm not weak to poison
>>
>>31047975
You have to fight most of them once post game before they show.

>>31047796
No anything consumed during a battle in the Tree is returned after the battle.
>>
>>31035790
In Gen 6, it would sometimes take a bit for a Pokemon to actually show up on the GTS, not sure if it's the same now. So maybe try waiting like ten minutes?
>>
What's the "Free Space" in the bag for?
>>
Does sending a bean bottle help improve chance of shinies/rares?

I'm currently doing the nighttime/weather SOS for Politoed and I want to know what could make it quicker.
>>
If I Hyper Train a pokemon and trade it, does it lose the effects of the Hyper training?
>>
If I buy Sun and set the language to French when I start it, and trade a pokemon from my French Sun to my English Moon, does that count as a different region? Like, for Masuda Method. If not, can I do something in my 3ds to cheat it, or is it based on the cartridge itself?
>>
>>31049525
Based on your system and internet.
>>
Fastest way to gain FC?
>>
>>31048408

Its your Favorites slot, in a way.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.