[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pops out of nowhere in the middle of nothing >bla bla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-VSDexio.png (18KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
250px-VSDexio.png
18KB, 250x150px
>pops out of nowhere in the middle of nothing
>bla bla bla mega evolution
>sends out Mega Alakazam

The fuck??? At least let me heal.
>>
>catch the wimpod nearby
>using my lower levelled mons so I can level them up
>decide to walk back and get some extra exp
>this fucker comes out of NOWHERE and pounds my ass

do i need to have my champion-winning team on me at all times? What is this trash
>>
Oh snap, now I can-
> All mega stones are 64BP
Fucking nevermind.
>>
>>31017340
This was basically the largest flaw of the game. They always held your hand, until they didn't.

Story Sequence 1:
>"Lemme heal your Pokémon"
>"Now go fight him and come back to heal again"
Story Sequence 2:
>2 major battles in a row
>"He probably healed me without telling me. They did that like 3 times now."
>No. Just make your way out of this dungeon/fight the next guy on your own until you can reach a Pokemon center
Oh and random ass encounters like dexio's happen ALL THE TIME
>Go through the long ass mega route to Battle Tree
>Once there, immediately fight red or blue at full power, no healing.
>>
>>31017505
That Red fight with half my team down was the hype-ist fight in the whole game
>>
>trying to evolve pichu so i can breed it and get wish on a komala
>just 4 lv 1 pichus, a lv 25 fletchinder and lv 55 Golisopod
>Run into this fuck
>spend the whole battle first impressioning and then switching out, sacking my newborn pichus

I won, but it didnt feel good
>>
>>31017547
>killing babies to win

I feel like there's a lesson to be learned here.
>>
>>31017547
>not Sketching wish
>>
>>31017557
Karenfags were wrong?
>>
File: do i look like a bitch.gif (1MB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
do i look like a bitch.gif
1MB, 200x207px
>>31017340
Pussy.
>>31017541
This.
>>31017505
Those two encounters with stong as FUCK trainers when you least expect it were basically the best part of these games. It felt like Red and Blue again when DICKS would walk out of nowhere and shit all over your mostly-crippled team. Nothing in the whole plotline even feels like anything is at stake until you have a trainer you forgot about beating your whole team within an inch of their lives. The whole reason I play Pokémon, the whole reason I get attached to my bros, and the whole reason I avoid spoilers here is EXACTLY for moments like those.

(You) can fuck right off with your whining about ANYTHING being too hard or unfair, don't you let GF catch wind of your dirty diaper or they'll scrape out the last bit of pleasure that I glean from this series.

Seriously though, honorable mention to Morimoto for raping me to death after that snide fucking "forgot to save" comment. Did NOT see that team coming.
>>
>>31017340
Literally who the character
>B-but I was in XY, surely you remember me? ..Right??
>>
>>31017383
just inject it broski
>>
>>31017670
Who are you quoting
>>
>>31017664
Dude calm down
>>
people who praise Su/Mo don't realize that a lot of the game is linear, a lot of the difficulty is artificial, and a lot of the content is slipshod

dexio is just one of the pieces of evidence that proves it. its quite sad
>>
I wasn't expecting Dexio, but I still beat him fine. Don't recall the team I used. Red/Blue caught me off-guard and I lost due to having like one healthy Pokemon left at the end of the Gauntlet, but I came back and did fine with a full team.

>>31017664
The only times Blue appears out of nowhere at the end of an area are at the tail end of SS Anne and Silph Co, but for Silph he's right after a bed you can heal at. Definitely the worst nostalgia meme.
>>
>>31017802
>Let's make a worse Navi
>>
>>31017845
Kill yourself faggotron, Rotom was great and added life to the game. Much better than generic waifubait, at least.
>>
>>31017802
>a lot of the game is linear
There hasn't been a non-linear Pokémon game in almost ten years.
>>
>>31017875
>It's like we're playing bingo!
That joke got old like... 100 gameplay hours ago.
>>
>>31017688
That random kid who had yellow shirt and sunglasses
>>
>>31017751
Sorry, I'm drunk
>>31017832
Okay, since 1st Gen is always dismissed as nostalgia;
>2nd Gen
Silver gets you good a couple times.
>3rd Gen
Maybe there's Wally at the end of Victory Road?
>4th gen
Can't honestly can't remember 4th gen past the Lucario guy, I haven't played it since it came out.
>5th Gen
5th gen had them fuck with the E4 and it was neat and different and unexpected
>6th Gen
Absolutely every single fight you steamrolled, admit it

Sun and Moon are great in that they have the most unforseen ass-kicking to date, and that's what I love. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>31017340
>game heals you
>waaaaaaaaah game too easy
>game doesn't
>waaaaaaaaah game too hard
>>
File: 1472760560242.png (359KB, 709x447px) Image search: [Google]
1472760560242.png
359KB, 709x447px
>>31018054
>game heals you
>kicks your ass
>goes on like nothing happened.
>>
What the fuck do you people actually want?

If the game is like XY where they fucking tell you where they're gonna fight you and even heal you before hand, you bitch that it's too easy.

If the game is like SM where there are random parts of the game that you randomly get your ass whooped, you bitch that it's shit because you can't git gud.

Stop playing Pokemon you stupid fuckers
>>
>>31017505
>Get to Red and Blue in the middle of training a new team
>Set up rocks with Golem
>Buzzswole Beast Boost through the first few but falls to poison
>Pray Raichu can outspeed Charizard and Blastoise
>Raichu faints leaving it down to Marowak vs Charizard
>Marowak survives 15 level disadvantage and gets the victory
Damn it felt good
>>
Haha I just encountered Red and Blue. I also didn't heal before entering BT, because fuck flying back and then going all the way again. Then those two step out and bully a little kid. Chose to battle Red. Had problems with his Charizard because I still don't have anything against flying type on my team. Bad gap. But then again, apart from the team constitution, it didn't feel as hype as I wished it to be. Something was... I don't know, I can't put it in words.
>>
>>31018162
The music.
>>
>>31018392
this is the worst part about the postgame
>fight guzma
>fight anabel
>fight red or blue
>fucking normal trainer music
i was honestly surprised they used the kahuna theme when fighting nanu in the UB quest
>>
>>31017664
it was just fucking retarded when i could just fly back in after losing and battle with a full team
>>
>>31017505
>people bitch about handholding in pokemon games
>they stop holding your hand
>people bitch
I hate this board, why do I come here.
>>
>>31017845
Rotom is literally one of the least intrusive helper npcs out there, so I don't get why anyone whines about it

The only time it actually stops gameplay is when you get to a new island and it expands your dex, you can freely ignore it at all other times

The real problem is that it doesn't provide much if any utility despite occupying the bottom screen, for all the shit people give it ORAS had a very economical bottom screen with loads of options
>>
>>31018092
Definitely the worst kind of humiliation.

Imagine someone beating you at what you're the best in, and then proceeds to act like its the most normal thing in the world.

I really felt embarrassed when i lost against Red (i clutched the win against Dexio with a lucky crit though)
>>
>>31017340
>anything with sucker punch
>araquanid or golisopod
Get gut
>>
>>31017340
>sends out Mega Alakazam
>Forget Mega Alakazam has Trace
>Keep Kartana out because I'm retarded
>It traces Beast Boost
>He completely sweeps my team
>>
>>31017664
It's been a while since you last saved, Snake.
THERE ARE NO CONTINUES, MY FRIEND
>>
I didn't expect Gildeon coming down the pokemon league lift to kick my ass as thanks for saving his family, I was in the middle of training the other 2 starters I got from eggs.
>>
>>31017340
I died here too. I was exp grinding from the west with underlevelled Pokemon. Actually, I cleaned up that Veteran Duo near the Battle Tree everyone's been moaning about and was working my way back.

I used up my entire bag of Potions and Full Restores to have a fighting chance. His Mega Alakazam was at about 60% HP and my Espeon w/ Shadow Ball was the only one left. I kept using Max Potions hoping one of his moves would eventually miss. No luck, he was faster, I died.

Obviously losing sucks and I hate the money grab here (not as easy to grind for cash here as in previous games, so far) but at least it's an actual story.
>>
vp: Fucking casualized games

also vp: Fucking Dexio he's too strong and unexpected
>>
>>31017383
>All
I wish.
>>
>>31018669
I think he was saying that the problem was the inconsistency.

Imagine an end-game area which has a whole bunch of high-level, cool Pokemon, and also a chance for a level 3-4 Rattata to appear.

There's nothing inherently wrong with it, it's just a strange, confusing choice.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.