[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>replaying Platinum, just get past Victory Road >all my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: help.jpg (42KB, 469x355px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
42KB, 469x355px
>replaying Platinum, just get past Victory Road
>all my pokemon high 30's low 40's
>Cynthia's highest level pokemon is level 60
>Grind for a bit, quit after awhile because grinding on the highest available pokemon gives fuck all exp
>mid 40's whatever, lets do this
>get to Cynthia somehow
>stuck on Cynthia because if the Spiritomb crits I'm dead. Can't even set up like I did everyone else
I want off this crazy ride. I miss the exp curve. I miss X items sharply raising stats instead of the retarded +1 they give in Platinum. Fuck I even miss the broken Exp share. This is awful.
>>
>>31015844
>platinum is a bad game

did it really take you that long to notice?
>>
>grinding "a balanced team" instead of just cheesing everything with your starter
LOL
>>
File: 1481575623455.png (258KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481575623455.png
258KB, 800x800px
>>31016046
Is this bait or are you completely retarded?
>>
>>31016073
I'm highly considering getting defeated and just leveling my torterra to 55 and trying again. Clearly it was a mistake not just leveling 3 or 4 pokemon exclusively.
>>
>>31015844

>using X-Items ever pre-credits or outside of a speedrun.

leave and never come back
>>
Meanwhile
>Playing Platinum for first
>Clear E4 ez coz Weavile is a boss.
>Tho Milotic's Mirror Coat OHKOing Roserade made me feel like a giant moron.
>but wait, can't even access all of the cool postgame until filled up muh Sinnoh Dex.
>Don't want to trigger Azelf I'm set to up to catch a super great one tho
>Can't really musterup the enthusiasm to do so, even decide what kind of Azelf I want.
>Why do I even need to battle it when I clearly already saw it while in the Distortion World anyway?
>Welp, I guess the game is stuck in limbo then.
>>
>>31015844
>playing platinum
>remember that the game's Dex is almost completely shit
>oh I know I'll just GTS some stuff
>try to connect to wifi
>tfw
It hurts so much
>>
THESE GAMES ARE TOO DANN HARD we must make them.easier for today's youth. Think.of the children
>>
>>31015844
Git gud OP. If you had chosen Empoleon instead of Shitterra, then maybe this wouldn't be happening.
>>
>>31017146
Also,
>Playing Platinum for first
>Infernape, Torterra, or Empoleon.
>Went Fire Gen1+2, Grass Grass Gen3 so I guess I'll go Empoleon.
>Find out its Slow as balls and doesn't even learn Flash Cannon, what a waste.
>Floatzel, you're my water bro now.
>Prinplup you've now been demoted to Bidoof.
>But what about my fire type?
>Rapidash is lame, and Houndoom needs to be bred to get a decent movepool.
>So... Magmar I guess.
>Heh no movepool on it either. Might as give HMs.
>Empoleon you're out of the party completely.

Lol, they really didn't think this game through at all. If I ever catch that Azelf and then care to do it again imma go full steamroller by using all the broken shit like Togekiss and Gible.
>>
>>31017466
but empoleon does get flash cannon and houndoom doesn't get any good egg moves
>>
>saving midst e4

ya blew it. only ever do the league legit, no saving inbetween.
>>
>>31015844
>>all my pokemon high 30's low 40's
Do you have to try to be this shit?
>>
>>31017607
Not through level up it doesn't, and for Doom to even get Dark Pulse you need to either breed it with a High Level Weavile or waste a finite TM.
It's not really its fault considering it was designed in Gen 2 when Crunch was special but it's still a giant letdown.
>>
How are those levels possible?

I played Diamond and evenly trained four Pokemon (Torterra, Staraptor, Gyarados, Blissey) with two HM Slaves, and all of them were basically just Lv 50 by the end. I can't imagine Platinum's leveling curve being that much different, plus the E4 and Cynthia were MUCH harder in DP. They actually scaled back the levels in Platinum because of how high they were (Cynthia's Garchomp being Lv 66 in DP as opposed to like, what, 62 in Platinum?)
>>
>Skipping Fuego Ironworks
>Skipping Iron Island
>Skipping Wayward Cave
>>
>>31017718
Maybe you just fought more trainers. I know I pretty much skipped all of them myself.
>>
>>31015844
>all my pokemon high 30's low 40's
How did you get that far with such low levels?
I was hitting 50 around then
Did you intentionally avoid trainers and every sidequest?
>>
>>31017792
Then there's your freaking problem. I fought pretty much every trainer I came across and I got to a reasonable enough level. The E4 was tough, but Blissey's Serene Grace freeze hax with Ice Beam helped save the day.
>>
>>31017792
>I know I pretty much skipped all of them myself.
How can you complain about being underleveled when you skipped almost every opportunity to gain levels? Are you dense?
>>
>>31017803
>Not intentionally avoiding triners
It's like you actually enjoy face hordes of flailing Magikarp.
>>31017807
If you used defense curl Blissey it would have been a cakewalk.
>>
File: tumblr_nmvp54cVEa1tfc7x4o1_1280.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmvp54cVEa1tfc7x4o1_1280.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>Not using pic related
>>Complaining about leveling after not leveling
>>Not just spamming double team and a a stat boosting move on something and winning through pure RNG and potion spam on he occasional hit

Damn son
>>
>>31017792
You deserve what has happened to you.
>>
>>31017819
I'm not OP. I'm the guy that's complaining bout being forced into catching an Azelf. Hitting the E4 at a lowish level is always ideal since I'll either you'll manage to clear it low, in which case you'll feel amazing, or worst case scenario, you'll still level up faster trying to than almost anywhere else.
>>
>>31017803
If I saw a trainer I fought them. Can't remember really making an effort to skip any areas. As for getting that far, literally the only gym to give me trouble was the ice one, in which houndoom fucked up and missed several times in a row letting the froslass get to +6 evasion.

>>31017733
Only skipped the ironworks because I forgot it existed. Spent a good deal of time on Iron Island since you had a follower heal your pokemon.
>>
Being underleveled although fighting all trainers was exactly what I loved about DPPt back then. At least that way the E4 were somewhat challenging.
>>
>>31016079
>are you completely retarded?
>proceeds to post a literal retarded girl
Anon...
>>
>not getting a Shiny early on so you can get a Luxray with Thief
>not going to the route outside Solaceon and running in the grass to find Chanseys
>not using Thief to get a Lucky Egg, or mutliple Lucky Eggs
There's your fucking problem anon
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.