[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we discuss concepts for Pokemon with unused Type combinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_1701.png (27KB, 724x974px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1701.png
27KB, 724x974px
ITT: we discuss concepts for Pokemon with unused Type combinations
>fire/ice
Japanese macaque, also known as the snow monkey, is known to use hot springs to warm itself up. Pokemon version uses hot springs/magma to warm up so that it can withstand extremely low temperatures.
>>
File: p02lv29w.jpg (99KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
p02lv29w.jpg
99KB, 1280x640px
Bug/Dragon
>>
>>31014847
>Dark/Electric
Mega Luxray
>Fighting/Electric
Mega Electivire

Please GF give our cool shitmons some megas in the DP remakes instead of just adding more exclusive Zmoves like I know you're planning to
>>
File: Bouldergeist.png (82KB, 285x138px) Image search: [Google]
Bouldergeist.png
82KB, 285x138px
>Rock / Ghost
>>
>>31014859
Even though it is microscopic. I can't help to believe myself that someone shoved a toothpaste cap into its face.
>>
>>31014847
>normal/poison

Komodo dragon, and yes I know ">dragon".
>>
>Electric/Fire
Some sort of instrument or engine blended with an animal.

>Fighting/Ghost
Punchghost
>Jojo reference
But seriously, before Fairies were a thing I was dying for this typing.

>Normal/Ghost
Bandit Raccoon blended with a Ninja.

>Dragon/Bug
Pun on the designation "wyrm", massive serpentine limbless Dragon. Like Steelix, only not terrible.

Dark/Fairy
Literally any unseelie creature. Or Clowns.

>Grass/Fire
Tiki Torch Pokemon. Possibly evolves into some Aku Aku-Mask wearing ooga booga.

>Bug/Dark
Any kind of common Fly. People consider them disgusting pests, so I'm surprised there isn't one already. Feeds on Trash Pokemon (*The* Trash Pokemon, not all of 5th Gen)
>>
>>31014847
>Bug/Dark:
Black Widow
>Ground/Fighting:
Gorilla
>Fairy/Fighting:
Mystical Fighter
>Grass/Fire:
Pepper
>Bug/Dragon:
Giant Japanese Hornet
>>
>>31014847
>Normal/Ghost
A sentient Mannequin
>>
File: laneterns.png (467KB, 694x605px) Image search: [Google]
laneterns.png
467KB, 694x605px
>>31014847
Fairy/Fire Chinese Lanterns

Similar to Jellicent, they would have strong gender differences. Females would be round and short while males would be the long kind of lanterns and have a moustache desgin made out of ribbon. The face would be a design on the paper of the lantern and the eyes could even incorporate the glowing fire that is inside, similar to the eyes of the Litwick line.

I drew Fakemon exactly like this a couple of months and ago and posted on a thread here, but have lost the image.
>>
File: fakeleaksilike.png (396KB, 1334x438px) Image search: [Google]
fakeleaksilike.png
396KB, 1334x438px
The ones on the right are Rock Ghost and they're from the season of fake leaks. Rockaby and Uhaku, a sacred trinket that curses tourists who take it from the Island that evolves into one of those statues you see everywhere in Alola.

The others I think are like Rock/Dark and I have no idea what they are besides being fossils I just liked how they looked and since I had this on hand I was too lazy to crop them out even though I only really wanted to post Rockaby and Uhaku.
>>
>Bug/Normal
or
>Bug/Psychic

Bug Mon combining features from insects that construct hives, as well as the general aesthetic of an architect/engineer.
>>
>>31014859
Velvet worm works better for Bug/Dragon.
>>
>>31015120
>Bug/Psychic

A hivemind pokemon, gets schooling.
>>
>>31014997
We already have a literal punch ghost Fighting/Ghost type you inbred retard.

>Soul-Stealing 7 Star Strike
>>
>>31015036
would use the fuck out of
>>
>>31014859
probably would make more sense to be bug/normal
its ability would give it immunity to fire and ice type moves, as well as burns and frozen
>>
>Steel/Poison
Syringe
>>
>>31015199

>unreleased legendary that has no traits of a fighting type at all

literally kill yourself, retard
>>
>>31014847
Bug/normal Spider monkey
>>
>>31014876
Bouldergeist really looks like a pokemon desu.
>>
>>31014847
normal/ghost could be a possessed stuffed animal
>>
File: Firey_Dino_Piranha.png (122KB, 262x241px) Image search: [Google]
Firey_Dino_Piranha.png
122KB, 262x241px
>Grass/Fire
>>
>>31015527
It's based on the god of war (Mars) and even wears a Roman-styled warrior's helmet. I know it's hard but try not to be such an indignant piece of shit.
>>
>>31014847
Schrodinger's cat - normal/ghost
>>
>>31014847
isn't grass/dragon also mega exclusive?
>>
>>31015655

>alolan pokemon
>directly based on a polynesian trickster spirit
>"roman deity helmet"

I understand you're reaching because you're literally autistic, but please stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>grass/fire
jalapeño or ghost pepper

>poison/electric
battery/ battery acid

>normal/poison
platypus

>rock/ghost
gargoyle or tombstone

>normal/ghost
zombie

>normal/steel
literally anything wearing armor

>normal/ice
wood frog

>bug/psychic
one of those moths with the fake eyes on the wings

>bug/normal
tardigrade

>bug/dark
giant fucking spider

>bug/dragon
dragonfly or giant wurm

>fairy/fire
will o wisp (swamp spirit thingy)

>fairy/ground
dwarf miner

>fairy/dark
traditional "trickster spirit" sort of thing

>steel/poison
mercury
>>
>>31014847
If you're a certain brand of autistic like me here are the legendary-only type combos:
Fire/Water
Fire/Steel
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Rock
Rock/Poison
Dragon/Steel
Dragon/Ice
Dragon/Ghost
Dark/Psychic
>>
>>31015697
Alolan Exceggutor
>>
>>31015739
Malamar is Dark/Psychic, so that's one less combination we need worry about.

Of all of those, though, I think I'd like to see a non-Heatran Fire/Steel Type most.
>>
Electric/poison- nuclear or atomic Pokémon

Electric/dark- something around a broken light bulb so it's dark because it's broken but also dirty fighting tactics like a broken bottle
>>
>>31014847
Dark/electric
Electric chair form Rotom
- learns night daze
-gives us the chair pokemon we were promised, albeit a gen late

Steel/poison
Slagnite===>Slagnor (craggy looking with rust bits sticking out)
Ability: corrosion
Signature move: oxidize (poison type, super effective vs steel, animation is spitting hot air and chemicals)

Grass/fire
Alatus (basically burning bush + tumbleweed)
Ability: solar power/dry skin
>>
Psychic/Bug hivemind when?

Imagine if male Combee had an ability like schoolar...
>>
>>31014847
>fairy/dark
Genie

>normal/rock
Prehistoric mammal from a fossil
>>
>>31014847
>bug/normal
a pokemon that would most probbly be first route mon with low as fuck BST and shit typing for attack and defense. i'm trying to think of an ability that might make it not ledian tier
>>
>>31014997
electric/fire is already a thing, fag
>>
>>31016277
>form or mega exclusive
i mean it's small thread as of now. you could have bothered to read it first no?
>>
>>31014874
>dark/electric
stop with this meme
>>
>>31015086
>having the ghost trinket evolve
This would be the only time this would actually have made sense
>>
File: latest.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
Steel/Normal spaceship pokemon.
>>
>>31014847
>Normal/Poison

Some kind of
>>
in the spirit of Christmas, fire/fairy and ice/fairy version exclusives based on the miser brothers
>>
File: IMG_0712.jpg (700KB, 2505x1675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0712.jpg
700KB, 2505x1675px
A decorated Indian Elephant
For fairy/ground
Preferably a 3 stage line that ends in a slow and bulky mon with above average attack
>>
>>31016672
Gastly and Raichu need to be able to defeat it easily though
>>
>>31014847
Do they have to be Alola flavor? Because that would be too hard for me.

>fairy/dark
Classic changeling, like something out of Grimm's fairy tales. Kidnaps kids and leaves them stranded in the wild, then takes their place to eat the parents out of house and home.

>fairy/fighting
Cu Chulainn in pokemon form. Armored fae man with a spear, learns Smart Strike naturally.

>fairy/poison
Naturalized version of some other grass/fairy plant thing. Adapted to survive on runoff waters. Not sure if it should be malicious.

>normal/ghost
Bear-like animal with possessive ancestral spirit. Channels ghost to use special attacks, uses own physical stats for normal attacks. Native American theme. Ability is called Totem.

>dark/electric
Floating octopus-like creature, similar in appearance to a vampire squid. Uses weak electrical impulses to screw with brain waves and achieve borderline mind control. Unique move is an electric attack with low sleep chance.

>grass/fire
Large herbivorous plant. Consumes other plant matter to burn as fuel. Has a fire attack that heals the user if it hits for super effective.

>rock/ghost
It's a tombstone. High defenses, will-o-wisp, pain split, all that jazz. Recovers HP every time an opponent faints, even if it didn't knock them out (switching in on explosion, etc).

>bug/ice
Like a mayfly, except it's born in the winter and melts in spring. Nobody knows where they keep coming from.

>bug/dragon
What Flygon should've been.

>bug/dark
Assassin spider. Have you seen those things? Freaky bastards.

>psychic/poison
"Experimental" pokemon, resembles a lab rat and uses toxins to enhance intelligence and unleash psychic power. Created by accident.
>>
File: Dacian_Draco_Bucuresti_Museum_h.jpg (30KB, 763x393px) Image search: [Google]
Dacian_Draco_Bucuresti_Museum_h.jpg
30KB, 763x393px
>>31015739
Steel/Dragon I've always felt would work great for the Dacian Draco.
>The Dacian Draco [draˈko] was the standard ensign of troops of the ancient Dacian people, which can be seen in the hands of the soldiers of Decebalus in several scenes depicted on Trajan's Column in Rome, Italy. It has the form of a dragon with open wolf-like jaws containing several metal tongues. The hollow dragon's head was mounted on a pole with a fabric tube affixed at the rear. In use, the draco was held up into the wind, or above the head of a horseman, where it filled with air and gave the impression it was alive while making a shrill sound as the wind passed through its strips of material.
>>
File: ro.pinterest.com.jpg (314KB, 1521x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ro.pinterest.com.jpg
314KB, 1521x1080px
>>31014847
Steel/Poison could be a Gorgon, metal bull who exhales poisonous gases.
>>
>>31014874
Mega Luxray needs to happen, he shoulda been electric dark to begin with thou.
>>31014847
A regional version of flygon can be bug dragon
>>
>normal/poison
Early route shrew shitmon
>>
Do we really need a rock typing when we have ground?
Does grass typing really need all those weaknesses?
Do we need sound typing?
>>
>>31015714
>"one of those moths with the fake eyes on the wings"
>what is masquerain
>>
>>31016969
fuck yeah that'd be cool.
>>31015818
actually an atomic/nuclear typing would be really cool.
im not really sure what the strengths and weaknesses would be though.
>>
>>31014847
>fire/ice
>Japanese macaque
I like that the concept isn't just "it's ice but also on fire."

Personally, I want to see something done with the idea of refrigeration and how it requires a lot of heat sinks to function properly.
>>
>>31014847

Fairy/Dark = goblin
Electric/fire = plasma
Normal/rock = pet rock
Fire/grass = chilli
Bug/Dark = stick insect (deception) or spider
Steel/poison = mosquito syringe theme
Bug/psychic = venomoth evo or Venonat split evo
>>
>>31014847
My idea for a fighting ghost was basically "spirit of fallen warrior pokemon, they return to guide the younger generation and pass on their techniques."
>>
>>31015027
I, too, am a fan of Undertale
>>
>>31014847
Fighting/Ghost is Alolan Dusknoir with Maori tattoos and haka war dance ability/move.
>>
Dumping my shitty idea of pokemon that should have been given these typings

>Fairy/Fighting
Granbull
>Electric/Grass
Xurkitree
>Electric/Dark
Luxray
>Electric/Fighting
Electivire
>Ghost/Rock
Cofagrigus
>Fairy/Poison
Aromatisse
>Bug/Dragon
Yanmega
>Bug/Psychic
Kricketune
>>
Dark/Electric: a broken Magnemite/ton/zone. Doesn't levitate but uses it's magnets and screws as legs and feet.

Fighting/Electric: Alolan Hitmonchan. Has long hair and instead of his skirt he has long red jogging shorts on.

Fighting/Ground: Alolan Hitmonlee. Has leg guards on and has a kick boxing helmet on

Fighting/Fairy: Alolan Hitmontop. Slightly taller, dreads in hair more defined, legs are thicker and has ribbons on legs and tail.
>>
>>31015036
Chimecho?
>>
>>31017813
>kick boxing helmet on
How? Hitmonlee doesn't even have a head?
The (shitty) idea I had for alolan Hitmons was

>Hitmonchan
Steel/Fighting yes i know but lucario is a shitty furnigger that doesn't deserve the typing
Wears a headguard made of steel and has a scarf. Whole body becomes sleeker and shinier in a way. Gloves shrink and become more hand-like.
>Hitmonlee
Fighting/Electric
Body becomes sleekier and the majority turns yellow, looking similar to Bruce Lee's Game of Death outfit. Lightning imagery somewhere.
>Hitmontop
Fighting/Rock
Gets warpaint underneath his eyes, kind of some Native American/Maori/aboriginal tribal look of some sort.
>>
>>31016885
>What Flygon should've been.
kys
>>
File: Earwig_iruppu.jpg (356KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
Earwig_iruppu.jpg
356KB, 640x483px
Bug/dark earwig with Strong Jaw
>>
>>31017974
I'd love to see this. Having that hang the massive tail jaw over its body would look awesome. Maybe make it a 3-stager to be a pseudo and put some scales on it for a Dragon/Bug typing instead. I'd like it to be vicious in-lore though so it would probably deserve the Evil type.
>>
>>31017886
>Bruce Lee
Hitmonlee is not a true Bruce Lee homage
>>
Bug autist here.

>Bug/Normal
Honestly this one is such a no-brainer, that it kind of becomes difficult. You could merge a bug with a normal animal like a dog/cat, or you could take a more "normal" type of bug like an ant or something. Honestly Yanma could be bug/normal.

>Bug/Ice
Something with ice poison/ice in it's veins for defense/offense. Maybe a special attacker that sprays liquid ice that freezes on contact.

>bug/psychic
Do we really not have one of these? Holy shit. Can easily do an earwig that "abuses" the psychic type, or a meditating beetle/flying hypnotic moth.

>bug/dragon
done to death, no fucking clue how this isnt in game

>bug/dark
Really easy, kind of insane it isn't in game as well, Could do a scary spider/earwig or a thief bug.
>>
>>31014874
Remakes will get new regional versions like alolan cause it's the gen 7 gimmick. I expect gf to do it on luxray but completely remove the electric typing to piss off their fans.
>>
>>31015017
>Ground/Fighting:
>Gorilla
I like this, with ability like "This Pokémon's Ground and Fighting Moves are super effective against Flying Types and Ghost Types respectively, they also ignore Immunity" could be called Expert Grip, Perfect Hold, Supple or something like that.
>>
File: 1482661288253.jpg (75KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
1482661288253.jpg
75KB, 400x262px
>>31016885
A good Normal/Bug could be a prickly stick insect with an ability that changes all weaknesses into resistances, and a hidden ability that changes not very effective moves into super effective.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0QRJzG3szM
>>
>>31016885

Amazing ideas, good job
>>
>grass/electric
Either some kind of cross between a sunflower and a solar panel or a bug zapper evolution for Carnivine.
>>
>>31018016
I can already see the design, where instead of having the pincer at the tail-end it's a dragon's head.
>>
>>31017560
>atomic/nuclear typing
SE against ground, grass
NVE against fire, electric
Weak to water
Resists fire, electric
Immune to rock
>>
Bug/Psychic Tick with a brain for an abdomen.
Feeds on memories.
>>
>>31017560
>>31020053
Or, maybe not those exact type matchups, but something in that ballpark. Offensively, it's a horrendous radiation that poisons the land, sea, and living, but defensively it's just a rock. Maybe a weakness to water since that's how radiation is stored long-term.

Alternatively, just make it the inverse of the rock type. Good against ground, water, and grass, bad against fire, ice and bug (roaches).
>>
Three stage Steel/Poison that goes Mercury -> Lead -> Uranium, getting slower with each stage
>>
>>31017576
I like the heat sink mon concept as well.
>>
File: 601-Klinklang~2.jpg (18KB, 431x258px) Image search: [Google]
601-Klinklang~2.jpg
18KB, 431x258px
>>31020799
Physical Ice moves and Special Fire moves. Overheat and Freeze-Dry.
Imagine.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.