[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you just barely beat the E4 and N/Ghetsis in black 'cause

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1480728695822.png (338KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
1480728695822.png
338KB, 600x558px
>tfw you just barely beat the E4 and N/Ghetsis in black 'cause they outlevel you by 4-6
>put game away and start platinum
>barry immediately fucking pounds my chimchar to death
>proceeds to come out of nowhere and kill my team 2 more times in around an hour
why are the new games so easy /vp/? sun and moon were a bit harder than all of gen 6 which was indisputably the easiest games in the franchise.
>>
anything made for the 3ds is about the spectacle of 3d rather than fun
>>
>>31005016

Don't forget that you're a few years older, more experienced, and presumably smarter. I'm not denying that the newer games are a bit easier, but the effect tends to be exaggerated.
>>
>>31005016
>starts platinum
>gets unlucky with damage rolls on first rival battle that takes 0% skill
>hard
>>
>>31005058
This was literally moments ago this all happened. Ghetsis' level 54 hydreigon was ridiculous and just surfed my team to death. It's not an age thing, unless I fell in skill a week ago when I started black after beating sun. I see your point, but in this context its not the issue.
>>31005067
>forgetting that I included the fact that the next two times i fought him he pounded my team to death
>>
I don't remember being outleveled in Black. Also don't the E4 only have 4 Pokemon first run through? I remember being pretty pissed off at that.
>>
>>31005514
Then you must suck really hard at Pokemon.
>>
You just sound shit OP. Black is a very easy game and was the beginning of the decline of "Why is Pokemon easy now" mentality.
>>
>>31005016
>a bit harder
No they're not. I face rolled my way through Sun without ever facing a real threat. By far the easiest games to date. Even my normiefag friend who couldn't beat X/Y got through SuMo easy. This series has gone to shit.
>>
>>31005016
>>barely beat
boi if you cant steam roll pokemon games that are made for 7yo might as well reconsider suicide.
>>
>>31005857
>>31005796
>>31005544
>>31005534
>minmaxers
>>
>>31005016
>barry immediately fucking pounds my chimchar to death
Was this the first battle? How the fuck do you lose the first battle? Is that even possible?
>proceeds to come out of nowhere and kill my team 2 more times in around an hour
Are you sure you're not just bad at the game anon?
>>
Reminder that trainers and bosses in gen 5 had various held items.

Gen 6 and 7 have almost none, save for megastones.
>>
>>31005903
this is actually a good point.

I thought XY was easy and this game was pretty easy too. But I didn't know about EVs IVs until FRLG, and it wasn't practically easy to EV train before the postgame until Super Training.

Basically, we're coming at a game while minmaxing shitmon and it's designed to necessarily accommodate kids who might not know about this stuff and are going at it with an Adamant Ninetales with random EV investments.
>>
>>31005796
Bullshit. There is no way he couldn't get through XY.
>>
>>31005016
You were outleveled. Of course the game is harder if you're outleveled. Stop autistically battling every training you can find with the exp share.
>>
>>31005016
>struggling with N and Ghetshit
>>
>>31005916
Pretty simple. He used growl until his piplup was half health and then pounded it to death. Chimchar was serious (11 attack) so im not quite sure. I would have won if i got a single crit (his piplup had 1 hp left).
>>31007764
I didn't use the exp share once in black. I hate splitting exp. Gen 6/7 exp share isnt bad because there are no negatives to it, but I hate fighting something and getting 500 exp because exp share. Also, I grinded quite a bit at victory road (which was a bitch cause durant is the only thing that gives worthwhile exp but it was actually doing enough to my mons that didn't have fire coverage that i had to keep going back to the doctor NPC.
>>31007808
>Reshiram has dragonbreath for dragon type STAB against hydreigon
>hydreigon somehow outspeeds every member of my team, including timid galvantula so no signal beam win (not to mention it only doing less than half its HP)
>hydreigon oneshots emboar krookodile and archeops with surf
>oneshots galvantula and lilligant with fire blast
>oneshots reshiram with dragon pulse
I only won because pokemon mechanics and letting you go back to the pokemon centre after losing.
And im not shit at the game. I know thats the first assumption regardless of what I say, but still. I try not to make my team too shit (ie modest shinx is getting released) but I dont minmax and EV train ingame but im pretty sure this applies to 99% of players. Doesn't help that my only ice type choice for black was like, vanillish. not happening. And I considered picking up a deino but I was not leveling it up to 60+ to beat one trainer.
>>
>>31005016
I had more trouble with Hau's Raichu than I ever did with Barry.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.