[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having a fucking blast with Prism. Any other ROM hacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1477689260979.jpg (11KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1477689260979.jpg
11KB, 249x249px
I'm having a fucking blast with Prism. Any other ROM hacks that I should try out? I've traditionally avoided them but I'd like to give them a try.
>>
>>31004198
Prism is getting love because it's not just good, it isn't shit like most rom hacks

Beyond stuff like volt white, sacred gold, liquid crystal etc that are just improvements on the base game, most ambitious hacks fall short. One of the best off the top of my head is Vega, a big Japanese hack that finally got a translation, it has creative route design, great music and awesome fakemons. Even then the story is boring and the level curve is atrocious as early as the first gym; good luck fighting the unkillable shuckle with early route trashmons
>>
>>31004249
Yeah, I was looking for more ROM hacks like Prism (aka a fresh experience). I'll check Vega out.
>>
i thought bronze was breddy gud
>>
>>31004198
Prism is literally the one and only of its kind. Before it if you wanted to have a new region or something original you got a whole mess of shit with it that you just had to put up with; really edgy writing, bugs, awful map design, unbalanced bosses, if new gen Pokemon are there they don't have their new cries so it feels weird, and just a general lack of polish. You played the game despite this knowing it's a romhack and this is what you get.

Prism is the closest an original fangame has ever been to a real Pokemon game in all the right ways, and no fangame will get this close again
>>
Not really a great romhack, but I found Neo Emerald to be ok. It's just Emerald but with more Kanto and Johto mons around and a new area in the prof's lab with Gen 1-3 starters and Eevee. The game's also harder.
>>
>>31004198
Light Platimun is top tier
>>
>>31004198
Snakewood
Dark Future (or Dark Energy by now?)
Brown
Bronze
Team Rocket Edition
Rocket Science
>>
>>31004463
Does it have the battle frontier? Been thinking of checking it out
>>
Pokemon Metal is pretty good and it has a fucking quest system
>>
>>31004633
>ROM hacks
>>
Brown. Same guy that did Prism.
>>
I really liked Flora Sky although I haven't played all through it yet. Out of all the hacks I've played it felt the most like an official Pokemon game.
>>
Should I play Brown before Prism or does it not matter?
>>
Expert Emerald is really good.
>>
Anniversary Cristal/Drayano's rom (SacredGold, VoltWhite2 ecc...)

Snakewood/LightPlatinum/ are even good
>>
I don't like Prism's city/route design. Something bugs me about it.
>>
>>31004198
Pokemon Brown is a pretty good one, also made by Koolboyman (Prism creator).
>>
>>31005073
the routes are very short, and by comparison the caves and forests where every 3 steps has a random encounter are long as fuuuuuuuck
>>
I'm on a Linux os, so anyone here know if I can use the BGB emulator or not?
>>
>>31004198
Pokemon Sweets for the sheer novelty of Browniesaur
>>
>>31004198
Pokemon Vega is god tier

Also try Brown, its made by the same guy that did Prism, and takes place before it
>>
>>31004198
Quartz
>>
>>31006802
Retroarch has a core for it or you can run the .exe through Wine. There's also gambatte in the repos
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.