[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assault Vest or Choice Band? Also, any advice on how to take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-768Golisopod.png (71KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-768Golisopod.png
71KB, 250x250px
Assault Vest or Choice Band?

Also, any advice on how to take advantage of his ability?
>>
Assault vest. And spam priority. First impression, aqua jet, and sucker punch.
>>
>>31003364
I prefer assault vest so I don't get insta-swtiched whenever someone uses a special attack on me
>>
Araquanid
>>
Eject Button
>>
>>31003364
kings rock

make them flinch like bitches
>>
>>31003364
>how to take advantage of his ability?

You can't, it's entirely unreliable. The opponent may do more damage than expected, or get a crit, or something. You might get lucky and benefit, but for the most part it's not ideal. If they made it like Wishiwashi so that you switched after you attacked, it'd be much better.

I wouldn't go for assault vest though. Most people do that with first impression, but I don't even think first impression is good because it's FUCKING BUG TYPE
>>
>>31003364
AV
Brave 252 Atk, 252 HP
Or Adamant 252 Atk, 252 Speed to out speed some Marowak and other Slow mons
Liquidation
First Impression
Sucker Punch
Leech Life or Aqua Jet or Coverage
Make sure to keep hazards clear and it works damn good
>>
Assault Vest Rain Dance
>>
Assault vest and priority moves

That way getting forced to switch out is basically the equivalent of volt switching
>>
>>31003444
If you have a problem with bug type you shouldn't be using Golisopod anyway.
>>
Life Orb, so you get the most damage out of your mostly weak priority attacks as possible. If you get brought below 50% with LO recoil, EE will activate and will essentially act as a fast U-Turn.
>>
>>31003364
The best way to take advantage of its ability is to weaken an opposing pokémon and then switch to something that benefits from killing a mon like the UBs, Battle Bond Greninja or Magearna.
>>
What's a good ball that matches his color
>>
First Impression is strong, but you don't Choice a pokemon with Fake Out.
Assault Vest for normal use, Life Orb to be super risky (run Leech Life), or King's Rock to fish super deep for value.

>>31003887
I like net for normal. Premier is too perfect for shiny.
>>
>>31003364
Life Orb with:
-First Impression
-Sucker Punch
-Leech Life
-Liquidation/Aqua Jet(only with rain support)
or
Max special def and HP w/Leftovers
-Swords Dance
-Leech Life
-Sucker Punch
-Aqua Jet/Liquidation

Why people suggest Sucker Punch on a Assvest set anyway? It has no STAB and got nerfed this gen. Its better off running the move if it's either LO or running SD

>>31003887
Either Heavy or Net Ball.
>>
>>31003444
Youre always gonna switch after you attack, you have 3 fucking priority moves
>>
>>31003444
Have a toxapex with regenerator to take advantage of it's ability
>>
>>31004074
Or any choice user.
>>
>>31003364
>Also, any advice on how to take advantage of his ability?
Just make a full team of them and pump everything into speed and attack.
>>
>>31003364
Assault Vest

I use his ability as a way to weaken enemies until emergency exit, then I finish them off with a fast sweeper

Got to 43 in battle tree super singles before making a personal error and losing, but my strat is leading with Golisopod, do as much damage as possible until emergency exit, then finish off my opponent with someone else

Against real opponents that have counters to this thing (Tapu Lele for example) i'm not sure how good it is
>>
Is it worth spending EVs in speed to outspeed Chansey?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.