[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry, I just liked XY a lot more than the SM games...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1478948447605.png (173KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
1478948447605.png
173KB, 505x505px
I'm sorry, I just liked XY a lot more than the SM games...
>hordes were better
>new unique battle types like inverse battles
>leveling up has never been easier
>better anime
>EVs were easier
>Battle Maison, flawed, but alright
>friend safaris oh god please bring them back
>rollar blades weren't that bad
>mega fucking evolutions most hype shit jn the franchise
>serena and shauna
>the game being easier allowed me to beat the games faster to get straight to competitive
>cutscenes weren't intrusive
>lysandre had lots of potential
>it had a bicycle
The list goes on...
>>
>>30997255
This. Only /vp/ hates XY, everyone else either loves them or feels indifferent to them.
>>
>>30997655
not true, actually. I only know normies who didn't like XY.
>>
>>30997255
...I'll bite
Inverse? sure. Sky battles? heck no
>better anime
This has no relation to the games
>EVs were easier
Debatable/agree since pelago and bounce houses are a thing
The tree is almost literally the same aside from megas and z moves
And increased the power creep to crazy levels. Hell some pokemon didn't even need megas
>serena and shauna
The whiny rival and the inoffensive but boring other girl.
>the game being easier allowed me to beat the games faster to get straight to competitive
Not sure how this is a negative for sun and moon but alright
Key word. Had. We all know he was complete crap.
>>
XY did some good, I agree. I love Megas.

But it fell flat when Z got chucked. If we had a Z then we'd be holding Kalos and Gen VI in general with higher regard. Instead they're like ALOLA, BITCHES
>>
>>30997255
nah.
I'd count half of that as negatives even.
Lysandre, for example.
But you I wonder why you came here to post a statement.
>>
>>30997255
Pandering to degenerates ruined SM. XY was better.
>>
>>30997747
>pelago and bounce houses are a thing
pelago and bounce houses are extremely poor replacements for super training
pelago takes fucking forever and doesn't even unlock until you're a good part of the way into the game
bounce house courses are only available once per day and the best houses require a lot of grinding either to buy from plaza guests or to hope sophocles will give you appropriate RNG when you're high enough level

also, neither pelago or bounce houses have reset bags
>>
This is copy pasta..
>>
The only things SM did outright better than XY are graphics and characterization. Game balance for the single player adventure was a little better too, but personally it's still not balanced in the way I'd like it to be. On the other hand the overworld design and multiplayer features in SM are lacking in comparison. SM also committed the unprecedented sin of completely removing battle formats, which is a much bigger deal than the removals of side attractions in the past that people have complained about far more.

Overall though, they're both weak on the same level.
>>
>>30997255
I don't know if this is bait or not but as a legitimate autist it is my job to refute most (not all but most)
>hordes were better
That zero framerate garbage was better than something that lets you chain for IVs and Shinies way easier?
Inverse battles were cool but basically nobody actually thought Sky Battles were novel
>leveling up has never been easier
Fair enough
>better anime
Debatable because the Sun and Moon anime has barely started
>EVs were easier
Fair enough
Battle Tree is arguably better
>friend safaris oh god please bring them back
Did people actually use these? In my opinion Island Scan is a lot better because Friend Safaris required you to get a shitload of friends and then half the time you would get a Safari you already had.
>rollar blades weren't that bad
Fair but I don't exactly miss them in SM
Agreed and I wish there were more in Sun and Moon, Z moves are cool yeah but I like Megas a lot more
>serena and shauna
The worst rival in the series and a boring waifubait noncharacter
Fuck you. Fuck you fuck you fuck you.
>cutscenes weren't intrusive
Fair enough.
And they squandered it.
>it had a bicycle
I played through all of Sun and Moon and never even noticed that there was no Bicycle until someone pointed it out a day or two later.
>>
>>30998069
I said I agree...
>also, neither pelago or bounce houses have reset bags
>complaining about EV bags being gones(yeah it does suck)
>can literally farm and harvest 42 of each EV berries in 24 hours and no effort. 294 of each in a week
>>
>EVs were easier
Hell no, the combination of Power items getting buffed and SOS battles doubling EV gain makes EV training faster and easier than ever before.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.