[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you expect form PMD this generation? >The Alola starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ytGvch.png (487KB, 1147x760px) Image search: [Google]
ytGvch.png
487KB, 1147x760px
What do you expect form PMD this generation?

>The Alola starters and Rockruff will be added
>Subplot between Gumshoes and Alolan Raticate
>Marshadow will be in the game and be a little shit type of antagonist
>Tapus will play an important role
>Zygarde will as well
>A Cosmog will be a part of your team, ala Super and evolve as the story progresses
>Kommo-o will play a role as some sort of ancient protector guardian type thing
>Alolan Ninetales will play a role similar to PMD1's Ninetales
>Ultra Beasts will be the main antagonists
>>
should probably we 2 cosmogs that are siblings or some shit
>>
I want lycanroc guildmasters
>>
My dad is John Chunsoft.

>You're a human transformed into a Pokemon
>Get a partner who you become close with over the course of the game, only to be separated from them at the end
>Have to spend some portion of the game alone with said partner, having been cut off from everything you considered normal
>Character you think is bad turns out to be good
>Character you think is good turns out to be bad
>>
Cubone better be a fucking starter again damnit
>>
>PMD
>In this gen

Sorry anon, the next year Nintendo annoucent Ranger4 for Switch :^)
>>
>>30995797
wouldn't even be mad
>>
>>30995797
Does the Switch even have a touchscreen?
>>
I get the feeling it won't happen.

>>30995797
I'd rather have that anyways.
>>
How exactly do people objectively rate Pokemon MD games? They all play the same. They all have the same exact gameplay. They all essentially function the same way. Everything else can be seen as subjective - Pokemon design, region design, extraneous features and facilities. Right?

So how do you objectively say one game is superior to the other? It's not like the gameplay is changing. You're still playing Pokemon MD.

Genuinely curious, what determines how good a game is beyond opinion when all games pretty much play the same way?
>>
>>30996396
>>30996396
You get two (You)s from me.
One for each gender.
>>
>>30995749
Predictions:
>Your partner is also a human or some dumb shit like ____Mew____.
>Get separated from partner, but you're still a Pokemon and your work ain't done yet (could just be a separation by mere distance).
>Your character becomes betrayed, but the traitor is actually on your side and either had their hand forced or have a trap.
>The minor antagonist teams up with you against a bigger threat (and may or may not end up backstabbing you in the end).
>The first person you helped out is no longer a sideline character and actually turns out to be a badass when (s)he evolves. Might join your team later.
>You have the option to trust or not trust someone, which ends up having short-term consequences in the story (but doesn't change the ending or other things beyond the reveal).
>You were summoned to help out a group of benevolent, but extreme and unhinged group who want to do something not good (such as remove individualism or emotion from all pokemon).
>The guild you join is at its core good, but someone high up is actually up to no good.
>>
File: GtL.jpg (143KB, 676x851px) Image search: [Google]
GtL.jpg
143KB, 676x851px
>>30996396
Alright, I'll give a tripfag a benefit of the doubt and bite.

1.) How do you objectively rate a game? Video games have objective qualities, but enjoyment and value, at the end of the day, are subjective.

2.) A lot of game series have games within them that have similar gameplay. Super Mario Bros has different obstacles and abilities, but at the end of the day, you run, jump, throw fireballs, and step on things (that aren't hazardous). Call of Duty has changes and tweaks, but its a twitch shooter at the end of the day. PMD has its tweaks, experimentations, additions, and other shit. While I disagree with the "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" argument, innovating too much can screw with consistency, intuitiveness, and control of design.
Examples: Pokemon AI in Super are more proactive and will briefly deviate from you to collect items. In most cases in Super, you can also switch leaders within the dungeon instead of just before going in. Super has set missions instead of randomized missions, and it is possible to actually "recruit 'em all". Explorers introduced outlaw missions where you defeat a special enemy. It also gave you something called "Exclusive Items" that buff certain Pokemon, along with a trader that can swap acquired exclusives for others.

3.) One game can be preferred over the others if someone:
-enjoys the changes to the gameplay of one of them more
-likes the story of one of them more
-music and other aesthetics of a game appeals to that person more
-nostalgia factor

4.) To sum up the above for:
>what determines how good a game is beyond opinion when all games pretty much play the same way?
Even if gameplay was all the same (which I argue it is substantially different, especially when you compare Rescue with Explorers), there are non-gameplay factors that can influence how enjoyable a game is to someone. Music, graphics, sound, background, plot, and other things can affect one's experience with a game.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.