[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sound type >wind type >wood type >gas type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 19

File: angery brionne haha.jpg (38KB, 515x479px) Image search: [Google]
angery brionne haha.jpg
38KB, 515x479px
>sound type
>wind type
>wood type
>gas type
>abnormal type
>>
>>30995086
I think Grass covers wood perfectly

Flying covers Wind

Normal covers Sound

Poison covers gas

Ghost covers abnormal

Nice try faggot.
>>
>>30995163
these are new types added in pkmn prism you stupid nigger
>>
>>30995163

arcane type?
shadow type?
demon type?
blood type?
>>
File: 1482504931654.png (87KB, 480x306px) Image search: [Google]
1482504931654.png
87KB, 480x306px
>wood type
>>
>>30995086

>no type

>new type
>>
>>30995086
>gas type
*BRRRRRAAAAPPP*
>>
>No type: null
>>
>>30995269
>red type

>blue type
>>
>>30995163
>Normal covers Sound
biggest ass pull of the list.
>>
>>30995086
>sound type
"Sound" doesn't make a good concept for the defensive half of what constitutes a Pokemon Type, therefore it's only good as a type of offensive move- which it currently is.

>wind type
>Gust
>Hurricane
Literally Flying Type.

>wood type
Ironically I like this one, but it is a weak concept. I can feel that it wants to make a distinction between "leafy, flowery" Grass type, and "roots and dense cellulose structure" Wood type.
Again, it's a weak concept because it's a pointless distinction, as all plants have both elements and therefore most Grass Types have both elements, and because Grass typing is already kind of vague and includes fungus.

>gas type
I can go along with this, but as a concept it's functionally Ghost type.
The mutual weakness with Fire is cool, but I don't think that it's fully thought out.

>abnormal type
Every Type is "Abnormal".
>>
>>30995224
But they're not, you silly fool. Sound and gas are their, but none of the others.
>>
Fungi Type would be a good addition, desu

>inb4 covered by Grass

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30995236
>arcane type?
Psychic/Fairy

>shadow type?
Literally Ghost, but possibly Dark depending on the context

>demon type?
Literally Dark type.
Bonus points for Dark/Fire, Dark/Psychic, or Dark/Fairy depending on your chosen connotation.

>blood type?
In what way?
Bug has Leech Life.
Dark/Bug if you want maximum 'blood magic'
>>
Wind type.

There's fire.
There's water.
There's earth (ground and rock)

Why not wind? And don't give me that "flying is wind" meme
>>
>>30995600
blood type as in A+ or O- dumbass
>>
File: pepe 2.jpg (7KB, 187x200px) Image search: [Google]
pepe 2.jpg
7KB, 187x200px
>no magma type
>hurr durr fire type

Fuck off, water and ice are seperate types. Magma and Fire could also be seperate especially considering how many lava-themed Pokemon there are.

Also
>STILL no Cosmo type
>>
>>30995585
Fungus/mold should indeed be its own type. A parasitic cousin of grass that feeds off other living things.

Machine should be a type, and steel doesn't "cover" it it just accompanies it. Machine as in completely artificial, man-made, arguably non-organic. Klinklang, klefki, magnemite, voltorb, null, porygon, etc fit into it.

>>30995606
Flying is wind.
>>
>>30995606
DO YOU REMEMBER?
>>
>>30995633
>Ally used Heal Pulse
>But it did damage because it wasn't the right Blood type.

Are you implying that all pokemon need to have blood types separately, or that only Pokemon with a Blood typing can use healing moves on each other?
>>
>>30995675
Magma would be more closely related to rock than fire honestly. But yeah it should get its own type. So should Plasma, for that matter.
>>
>>30995396
Literally every voice move covers sound. It should've been an ability
>>
>>30995675
>STILL no Cosmo type
This is the only one I take seriously.
Ever since gen 1, there have been pokemon with some kind of "cosmic" connection, and most of the time they were given Psychic as a filler typing.
>>
File: 1423075517413.png (40KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1423075517413.png
40KB, 200x200px
>>30995684
I'M SAYING "BLOOD TYPE" IS THE FUCKING JOKE YOU WEAPONS GRADE SPERG
>>
Wood would be the shittiest type ever. What wood it even be good against?
>>
>>30995606
wind/air don't take on a physical form well and are usually moves where the wind is manipulated by something else.
you can't show air or gas as a creature with definite form or mass
>>
>>30995723
>you don't get my joke
>angry frogpost

And I don't give a shit. I am choosing to critique it seriously, regardless of your attempt at irony.

Natures and flavors of berries/food items are the closest thing to 'blood types' in the game.

>eat a held berry of the wrong flavor, you risk "rejecting" the healing and being confused for a few turns.

That could be extrapolated to moves like Heal Pulse, or health sapping moves, where if used between opposing natures, the healing effect doesn't happen or damages instead.
>>
Personally I think grass should be called plant but whatever.

Wind = flying
What would sound even be SE against and weak to? It works better as a themd or moves.
Gas, as others have said are pretty much covered by ghosts.
Abnormal is covered by psychic I believe.
>>
>>30995675
>>30995692
>Fuck off, water and ice are seperate types. >Magma and Fire could also be seperate especially considering how many lava-themed Pokemon there are.
The thing is that i feel like magma and fire both do the same, touch fire and get burn, touch lava and get burn, while with water and ice if you get hit by water you get wet but if you're hit with ice you lose temperature and may get frozen.

>>30995717
Fuck, i think cosmic or space do make sense, even more when you think how many ''alien'' pokemon we have, such a minior, clefairy, deoxis and bayheem.
>>
File: IMG_7743.png (129KB, 704x862px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7743.png
129KB, 704x862px
>>30995086
>rubber type?
>>
>divine type
>purity type
>ethereal type
>shadow type
>blood type
>demon type

r8
>>
>>30995810
Ghost doesn't take on a physical form either yet it has its own type
>>
>>30995997
Starmie is my favorite token example of a Pokemon that has a Psychic typing that should be retconned into a cosmic/space typing if there were one, but yes all of those pokemon are good examples.
>>
>>30996026
Nerfing fighting even more while giving fire a buff, get out.
>>
>>30996082
there's literally 0 good fighting designs
good riddance bad rubbish
>>
>>30995910
Sound
>Weak to Ice because cold stops the vibration of atoms that create sound
>But also super effective on Ice due to it being able to shatter fragile things
>Resists Fire and Flying
>Also weak to Dark cause Throat Chop and Psychic due to mind control, psychics can control what you say.
>NFE towards Steel and Fire types
Anything missing?
>>
>>30995997
>>30996069
>Staryu
>Starmie
>Cleffa
>Clefairy
>Clefable
>Deoxys
>Lunatone
>Solrock
>Elygem
>Beheeyem
>Kyurem?
>Arceus?
>Dialga?
>Palkia?
>Giratina?
>Minior
>Cosmog
>Cosmoem
>Lunala
>Solgaleo
>Necrozma
>Uxie?
>Mesprit?
>Azelf?
>Unown?
>Jirachi?

What else?
>>
>>30995723
I feel your pain.
>>
>>30996142
Also weak to Ghost because possession of your voice is a common thing now that I think about it.
Have no idea what else it should be SE towards.
>>
>>30995086
What's wrong with Prism's new types?
>>
>>30996145
I made a list once for a conversation with a friend, but I didn't save it. I might have had more Pokemon, but I don't remember.

But,
>Arceus
I can see where you're coming from, but it may as well stay Normal type for its gimmick.

>Dialga/Palkia/Giratina
These are tricky. I don't know if I personally considered them, because I interpreted their typings as they are all Dragons, and their secondary type was some metaphor for what they specifically represented as cosmic forces.

So would they lose the Dragon typing for the Cosmic one?

>Kyurem
I don't get it. I'm kind of rusty on the Unova dragons' lore. I thought it fit both Dragon and Ice types, so I never considered it.

>Lunala and Solgaleo
Perfect examples, they have the Psychic type for no distinct reason aside from being Pokemon's shorthand for an implied cosmic nature.
>>
>>30995340
>one type
>two type
>>
>>30996264
because they're unnecessary and s t u p i d
>>
>>30996145
Extend this to science type and you can include say magnemite or muk
>>
File: third eyes.png (516KB, 900x474px) Image search: [Google]
third eyes.png
516KB, 900x474px
>>30996343

>they have the Psychic type for no distinct reason
>>
>>30996343
>I can see where you're coming from, but it may as well stay Normal type for its gimmick.
Cosmic could be his typing for some sort of primal or mega form.

>So would they lose the Dragon typing for the Cosmic one?
I'd say so. Dialga doesn't look like a dragon to me, neither does Giratina. Palkia and Giratina-O are the closest to dragons and it's pushing it a bit.

>I don't get it. I'm kind of rusty on the Unova dragons' lore. I thought it fit both Dragon and Ice types, so I never considered it.
Admiteddly, this is the one I'm most on the fence on. Kyurem originally came from space in the form of a meteor, but his current typing fits him better. Could get some good cosmic moves for coverage though.
>>
>>30995086
You forgot
>light type
The most fanfic type of all.
>>
>Shadow-type

Honestly, that would raise questions what to call it. Shadow Pokémon were called Dark Pokémon in the Japanese version, so the translators had to obviously changed it. If they would introduce power Shadow-type, what would it be called to avoid confusion or would they be "screw it"?
>>
>>30996394
>being cosmically aware
>ignoring the rest of the sentence you quoted
>>
>>30996399
I sort of remember the meteor thing.

Wait, so Kyurem is an outside force that interfered with the Reshiram/Zekrom/Original Dragon business?
Maybe it could drop the Dragon typing if it needed to, and maybe the DNA Spliced forms would stay the same.
>>
>>30996494
No, the original dragon came from space and then it split into Reshiram/Zekrom on Earth. Kyurem is its shell, what was left over.

The fact that we haven't gotten the fusion of the 3 yet is irksome.
>>
>>30996514
Oh, nevermind then.
>>
>>30996407
What's the difference between shadow and dark type?
>>
>>30995246
came here to post this
>>
>>30995086
If anyone is going to make a new type, it should be Alien type. The concept of it is that it encompasses everything extraterrestrial and sci-fi (think Deoxys and Beheeyem). The closest things we have are Psychic and Fairy, but those are kind of a stretch. I also think making Alien type weak to Ice and not very effective against Ice could be something most people could suspend their disbelief for.
>>
File: necrozma.png (358KB, 840x646px) Image search: [Google]
necrozma.png
358KB, 840x646px
Hold on to your butts, cause it's deepest lore time.

>Psychic type (Japanese: エスパータイプ Esper type)

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/エスパー_(曖昧さ回避)
http://dic.pixiv.net/a/エスパー

The thing is, Psychic isn't a completely accurate localization (though it's as close as they could get).

In Japan the term can not only mean someone with standard psychic powers, but superpower people in general. It's all the same freaky mind over matter shit to them.

I know of one series directly relevant to this. Lightning, ice, light, resurrection, cyberworld, and mirrors are all considered psychic powers.
The one guy who actually moves things with his mind? His power, Psychockinesis is called the "the most primitive" and it's said weaker versions of it were known before the rest showed up.

Just roll with it.
Now you know why Psychic types tend to have really deep movepools.
>>
>>30996343
>aside from being Pokemon's shorthand for an implied cosmic nature.

That's basically the reason. Astronomy = Psychic in the Pokemon world.
>>
>>30995997
Fire is plasma and magma is a solid, they're two entirely different states of matter not to mention two entirely different THINGS altogether. You can get buried by magma and walk through fire but not the other way around. Whereas water and ice are just separated by a few farenheits. In reality Ice type should be Cold type (the ability to generate cold temperatures to condense the water in the air, not necessarily the ability to make water ice appear on command) but there's not really a noun for cold.
>>
>>30996810

Cyberworld? What does that have to do with Psychic shit?
>>
>>30996827

Cold IS a noun.
>>
>>30996836
It's Japan, just roll with it.
>>
>Normal Type --> Beast Type
>Grass Type --> Plant Type
>Steel Type --> Iron or Metal Type
>Flying Type -> Wind or Sky Type
>New Type: Cosmic
>>
>>30996844
>It's cold outside.
>There's a cold outside.
M'kay.
>>
>>30996836

The same way someone who generates fire by thinking about it is different from a dragon that breathes fire.

>it's all the same freaky mind over matter shit to them
>>
>>30996902

>Go inside to get away from the cold

Jesus, dude. Google is literally that way.
>>
>>30996902
Things can be a noun without being able to show up in a singular form. Gb2linguistics class
>>
>>30995086

Emotion type.
>>
Wyrm type
>>
When a Dragon move is literally "a vicious swing" and a Steel move is just a beam of light, ANYTHING can be a type.

Fucking Atheist type.
>>
>>30997020

Dawkins hammer
Godless strike
Hawkings kick
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
A guy already mentioned all the pokemon that should be cosmic.

Sound:
Igglybuff
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Politoed
Taillow
Swallow
Whisper
Loudred
Exploud (duh)
Vibrava?
Flygon?
Swablu
Altaria
Chimecho
Kricketot
Kricketune
Murkrow
Honchkrow
Chatot
Woobat
Swoobat
Audio
Tympole
Palpitoad
Seismitoad
Meloetta
Noibat
Noivern
Primarina
>>
losing all the sound stuff to its own type would be a very big hit to normal
what should be done to keep normal from immediately fading into irrelevance?
>>
>>30995163
Fairy covers abnormal type
>>
>>30995828
>And I don't give a shit. I am choosing to critique it seriously, regardless of your attempt at irony.
Holy shit. I knew /vp/ was full of retards but you take it to a new level. You're bathing in your own autism.
>>
Why angery
>>
>>30996402
>Most fanfic type of all

i mean, there's a dark type

there's a flying/ground antithesis, fire/water antithesis, dragon/fairy antithesis, fighting/psychic antithesis

but dark gets the shaft because no Light type
>>
File: IMG_3054.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3054.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>30996096
>>
>>30995086
>Rock
>Ground
>>
>>30996026

This is so poorly thought out, it's not even funny.
>>
>>30996096

I see you're one of those dumbasses that thinks Fighting-type is nothing but humans wearing clothes.
>>
>>30995546
you are correct, but the other three were in its prequel: Pokemon Brown.
>>
File: Type template.png (42KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
Type template.png
42KB, 900x750px
Is it that time again?
>>
>>30995086
Homosexual ty-
Oh right, Fairy type
>>
I like the idea of having "normal" or untyped moves, but why the fuck does normal type exist for pokemon? Getting rid of it would force so many pokemon into slightly more interesting typing roles.
>>
>>30996058
>fairy
>fairy
>fairy
>dark
>shit
>shit
>>
>>30996145
Remove the Sinnoh legends, their typings are fine. The lake legends should be fairy though.
>>
File: Seviper.png (172KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
Seviper.png
172KB, 431x431px
>Bison type
>>
digital type

strong agaist:

psychic
fairy
steel

weak against:
ghost
water
electric
>>
>>31000515
You could think of it differently, Fighting+Psychic are the heroic side of body and spirit while Dark+Ghost are the villainous side of body and spirit.

Honestly, I wonder how renaming certain types early on would change the path they take now.

Lets say instead of Pyschic, Fighting(hero) and Ghost it was Mind, Body, Spirit. Psychic wouldn't change much, but Body would encompass more non-human fighting types, and Spirit wouldn't be limited to spoopy ghosts but add in some meditative mediums or spirits that aren't fully related to death.
>>
>>30995606
There is wind type. It's just called Flying. Just like how you listed Earth type with Rock and Ground in parentheses. You literally beat your own point.
>>
I could see ground being a trait some moves have, like how sound-based attacks work now.

And then flying could just be an innate property some pokemon possess, including Magnezone and the current crop of Levitate pokemon. It would afford them immunity to ground-based moves/hazards, but prevent them from benefiting from terrain effects.
>>
They should retcon the whole type chart in general desu along with retyping some pokes. (Blastoise should be Water/Steel and you know it)

>Rename Flying as Wind type.
Makes more sense. A hurricane isn't flying at you, but wind is involved with flight, even if you're making your own wind.

>Make Rock and Ground one type: Earth.
You'll have to retcon the advantages and disadvantages too, but it shouldn't be that hard. You're taking away one weakness from flying(wind) but you can keep smack down as an effective move against the type. Not only does it remove the ground immunity but, like dry freeze, it also causes super effective damage (like it does anyway. The only difference is that this is the only move that does it) ground and rock already share the weaknesses of grass and water. Just remove the steel weakness but keep the fighting and ice weakness.

>Make Sound a type
Might as well. If you have Pokemon utilizing thought processes then manipulating sound waves isn't much off.

>Make Psychic and Fairy "Mystic" type
Keep the weaknesses of psychic, but keep the advantages of fairy and dragon immunity.

>Make Water and Ice one type
Maybe this is pushing it? Idk. Now I'm just shortening the list.

>All basic animals are normal type.
At first I hated that Pyroar was half normal, but it got me thinking.. If the birds are all half normal type, then so should other realistic animals that are typed additionally. Arcanine for example.

>Dragon Type becomes legend type or myth type.
Basically, all dragon types (which are still op because most of them wreck fairy anyway with their access to a bunch of moves) become a more diverse and less specific type. Share this typing with Legendaries to make them not as easy pushovers as they actually are (face it, it's true. They're LEGENDARY POKEMON. They should wreck your team at least down to the last 2.) make them weak to sound too for more balance.

I'm mainly just spitballing here.
>>
>>31000869
>Make Sound a type
Every time I see people seriously considering this, especially with a reasoning like "might as well," I think how how much they're missing the point.

Just slapping new types on top the chart or trying to simplify all these traits into a type undercuts a lot of potential for interesting battle mechanics. If everything is just "rock-paper-scissors," it's boring. The way sound works now is an interesting addition that doesn't feed into simple type match ups. It's functionally its own little ecosystem of a mechanic, made out of the interacting effects of a variety of moves and abilities. This needs to be built upon, not just swept aside to be replaced with another type.
>>
>>31000737
Only for Porygon and Metagross?
>>
>plastic type
>rubber type
>>
>>31000685
>divine and pure
>Fairy
>>
>>30996380
>me type
>you type
>>
>Prismatic type
No weakness
No SE attacks
>>
>>31002210
Kind of like normal but no fighting weakness then?
>>
>>31002227
Pretty much no ghost immunity either
>>
Light type would be cool, or like Cosmic
>>
>>30995224
NEWFAG GET OUT IT WAS IN THE ORIGINAL POKEMON BROWN PLAY THE FUCKING GAMES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: topu keko.jpg (44KB, 600x1173px) Image search: [Google]
topu keko.jpg
44KB, 600x1173px
>>30995269
>>30995340
>>30996380
>>31002106
>>
>>30996827
you're missing the point, i know fire and magma are two different states, but in the end if you get touched by any of those you get burned, thus making it really stupid to include it, because both serve the same purpose and would have the same weaknesses and strenghts.

>>31000869
>Dragon Type becomes legend type or myth type.
>Share this typing with Legendaries to make them not as easy pushovers as they actually are (face it, it's true. They're LEGENDARY POKEMON. They should wreck your team at least down to the last
This sounds pretty dumb though, it would destroy competitive playing.
Now that we have the totem aura buff you just need to have legendaries have that when you encounter them.
also
>2.) make them weak to sound too for more balance.
Let me kill this dragon by shouting at it. though i think dragon should be weak to steel, dragon in fairy tales always are killed by knights in armor with their swords made of steel
>>
>>31002910
>Let me kill this dragon by shouting at it.
ahahahaha
fus ro dah
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>30995246
n

i

c

e
>>
>>31002910
Honestly, it should be weak to steel for a same reason Fairy is weak to steel.
Science vs. Mythology, Science wins.
>>
>>31002970
>Honestly, it should be weak to steel for a same reason Fairy is weak to steel.
Science vs. Mythology, Science wins.
i don't get that of steel being science, if anything it would be normal type, since normal people don't believe in ghost nor fairy tales.

>>31002940
Fucking shit i knew this was coming also that shit doesn't kill, just pushes
>>
>>31002970
That's not why though, it's a reference to fey being damaged more by cold iron and other fantasy metals.
>>
>>30995086
splitting normal into beast and anomaly are the only new type that can be done easily

>sound type
all ready a pseudo type
>wind type
would hurt 90% of flying type if made
>wood type
no real reason to make it
>gas type
poison
>abnormal type
anomaly is a better word for it
>light
would be better as a pseudo type

>arcane type
magic would also be better as a pseudo type
>shadow type
ghost
>demon type
never happening, but dark covers it
>blood type
3edgy5 me
>cosmic type
anomaly would cover alien pokemon, psychic covers the other part of this
>synthetic type
again anomaly would cover it
>>
>>30995675
Ice is the "cold" type, that's why it's different from Water
Fire is the "heat" type, so that's why Magma would be redundant
>>
File: not nice.png (90KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
not nice.png
90KB, 480x480px
>>31003175
>"no real reason to make it"
not nice
>>
>>31003175
if normal was split
Beast
>SE against: Fighting, Fairy
>Weak to: Bug, Poison, Fighting
>Resists: Fairy
>Resisted by: Ice, Rock, Steel
>Immune to: Ghost
>Ineffective Against: Ghost
>Sound based moves are more effective

Anomaly
>SE against: Psychic, Fairy
>Weak to: Fighting, Psychic
>Resisted by: Ice, Rock
>Immune to: Ghost
>Ineffective Against: Ghost
>>
>>31003259
grass covers it and they literally have no difference between them
>>
I look at these threads and remeber why no one on /vp/ works for gamefreak, you all would just fuck the game up.
>>
>>30996145
Arceus maybe. Dialga, Palkia or Giratina don't, they're based on concept that aren't necesarlly related to space(as in the universe, for Dialga), it wouldn't be wrong to do it, but I don't think it fits as much as some of the other cases. The lake trio are emotions so no.

>Necrozma
What's the reasoning?
>>
Make uranium type haha it will be so good haha
>>
File: 1479242516994.jpg (38KB, 478x468px) Image search: [Google]
1479242516994.jpg
38KB, 478x468px
Atomic type... that'll go over great in Japan.
>>
>>30995086
Better idea

3-types mon
>>
Holy type?
>>
Is prism kill or can I still get it somewhere desu?
>>
>>31003456
>What's the reasoning?
Came from ultra space, is freezing cold representing space itself.
>>
>>31003369
pokemon who would be retyped
Anomaly
>Porygon
>Porygon2
>Porygon Z
>Ditto
>Castform
>Arceus
>Type: null
>Sivally
>Deoxys
>Elgyem
>Beheeyem
Beast type
>all remaining Normal types
>The legendary beasts
>Luxray line possibly

Normalize become Beastulize
Pixelate and similar abilities effect both beast and anomaly type moves.
>>
File: muh_sound_type.png (46KB, 460x580px) Image search: [Google]
muh_sound_type.png
46KB, 460x580px
>Bullet type
>>
>>30996881
I like the normal type name change
>>
>still no Gun type
>>
>>30995086
Anti-Matter type
>>
File: 1482267264920.png (1MB, 1386x781px) Image search: [Google]
1482267264920.png
1MB, 1386x781px
>>31006386
>Wanting a whole type for 1(ONE) Pokemon
>>
>>30995396
Sound works perfectly well as a "sub-type," an additional move property.
>>
>>30995086
That pokemon might be girly looking but its cute
>>
File: 1481418430279.jpg (9KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1481418430279.jpg
9KB, 255x247px
>Ground type
>Rock type
>Ice type
>Dragon type
>Ghost type
>Psychic type
>Fairy type
>Fighting type
>Bug type
>>
Why do people want to formalize sound as a type instead of leaving it as it is as a secondary mechanic? I don't get it.
>>
>>31006862
its just the first thing people jump to when you say new type

the problem is Sound won't work as a type because you can visualize sound meaning designing a pokemon of pure sound type is impossible with out combining it with an animal or random object.
also hasn't anyone ever noticed types have an associated color, what color is sound
>>
>>31007074
Teal, you stupid motherfucker
>>
>>30995675
>STILL no Cosmo type
Weak to Bag type
>>
>>31007074
Teal or Cyan fits. Though that might just be the case for me cause Miku.
>>
>>31007074
Don't be a faggot
>>
>>30995675
Cosmic I support in all seriousness mainly due the fact that all space or alien pokemon are already retconned into being psychic. It would be hard to determine a type chart for it though.
>>
>>30997424
Sound type in my opinion doesn't work as a full on type, it should just stay at move type and those pokemon should get an ability that gives them a STAB boost to Sound-based moves.
>>
File: Jurassic_Park_logo.jpg (136KB, 341x256px) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic_Park_logo.jpg
136KB, 341x256px
>Ctrl F "Ancient" 0 results

This should be one of the more obvious ones considers the fossil Pokemon keep getting shoehorned into Rock.

It could even somewhat believably balance the type chart if you reach hard enough. The interactions with Ice, Bug, and Poison practically write themselves.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.