[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which totem gave you the most shit? >Get to Salazzle >Team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 758Salazzle[1].png (94KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
758Salazzle[1].png
94KB, 390x390px
Which totem gave you the most shit?
>Get to Salazzle
>Team is Charjabug, Trumbeak, Diglett and a level 19 Wishiwashi
>Wishiwashi gets stomped immediately
>Rest of my team is fucked
I keep forgetting Alolan Diglett is steel type, I don't know why.
>>
>>30986285
lurantis
didn't lose, it was just extremely fucking annoying
>>
I wiped twice to Lurantis because my team that was mostly bug types got swept by the fucking Castform
It was only when Trumbeak came that I could work my way around it and beat down Lurantis.
>>
>>30986330
Baghead pikachu just annoyed me, but I shit all over it
>>
Lurantis.
Fuck synthesis spam and specially fuck that Trumbeak. My whole team was down by the time Castform came in and Snorlax saved my ass at the last minute.
>>
File: 609.png (173KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
609.png
173KB, 500x500px
>>30986285
>>
File: 97a.png (646KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
97a.png
646KB, 800x800px
>>30987509
>>30986330
>>30986351
>>
Wishiwashi because it summoned Alomomola with heal pulse
>>
>>30987595
I thought the Alomomola was going to fuck me over so hard but I could take it out in time one heal pulse in with my bright powder Steenee.
>>
>>30986285
>Mudsdasle used Bulldoze!

>>30986330
>>30986351
>>30987509
>Torracat used Inferno Overdrive!

>>30987595
This.
>>
Mimikyu. Ghost/Fairy is really hard to hit SE other than Steel, as Ghost is just a bad idea all round, especially if STAB. Also, those STAB combinations are completely unresisted (no Pyroar) and it has Disguise.
>>
>>30987654
yeah lemme just inferno overdrive that lurantis with my brionne
>>
>>30987712
Mudsdale fucking decimates Mimikyu with heavy slam.
>>
>>30987732
>picking trash starter
Your problem buddy.
>>
File: 1479647733660.jpg (20KB, 316x512px) Image search: [Google]
1479647733660.jpg
20KB, 316x512px
Also Lurantis
I had a low level Salandit that couldn't take a hit from that solar beam, Owl, Sun doggo and a Trumbeak. Trumbeak could hold its ground but that cunt just kept healing and it took forever
>>
After three playthroughs Mimikyu is probably the one that has given me the most consistent amount of grief. If it counted I would totally pick Lusamine's Clefable.
>>
>>30987509
Same, but I think I had a brionne, a misdreavus, and part petilil at the time, and misdreavus was mostly relying on thunder wave which didn't work on the lurantis in the sun. My whole team got absolutely decked the first time.
>>
I was kind of disappointed in the totem Pokemon. They all went down in one or two hits except for Mimikyu thanks to Disguise.

The only Pokemon that gave me trouble was Lusamine's Clefable in the second battle. My Pokemon were too under leveled to stop it from maxing out its defenses.
>>
File: 1482524378616.png (159KB, 688x733px) Image search: [Google]
1482524378616.png
159KB, 688x733px
>>30987781
>bullying people over their starters
>>
>>30986285

I'm currently having trouble with Salazzle

The toxic venoshock combo is fucking killing me

And it's not helping that Salazzle keeps using torment and Venom drench

>>30987654
Everybody has a different experience

Not everybody is going to conveniantly choose both Litten and mudbray
>>
Wishiwashi, he hit hard and took hits like a sponge, so I had to use Curse with my Haunter and just wait it out and hope my Pokemon didnt run out before his HP did. It was kinda funny watching Alomomola try and keep it alive while Curse was taking away more HP than it could heal.
>>
Totem mimikyu

No problem with the totem itself, but its ally gengar(or haunter, I can't remember) kept using hypnosis on every pokemon I switched in because fuck rng.
>>
>>30987652

>Steenee

You can't get steenee until Lush Jungle

Except you fight wishywashi first

How? You traded?
>>
>>30987985
You can get Bounsweet from one guy in Pokecenter near Lana's trial site, he trades her for Lillipup I think.
>>
File: 1461990890133.jpg (59KB, 474x378px) Image search: [Google]
1461990890133.jpg
59KB, 474x378px
>>30987855
>>30987836
>Lusamine's Clefable

One of the most frustrating battles I've ever had. I was kind of underleveled because I hadn't been using the Exp. Share and didn't have any Poison/Steel types. The bulky piece of shit took any attacks I could muster, got the most bullshit metronome RNG I've ever seen and then healed itself if I ever got close. Didn't even KO any of my pokémon, it was just a long miserable experience.

As for actual totem battles, Wishiwashi.
>>
Wishiwashi

First time in pokemon i had to use items like XSpdef and XSpecial
>>
>>30987985
not that guy but there's an ingame trade just before the trial where you get a Bounsweet if you give a Lillipup
>>
>>30987985
>>30988034
Also apparently you can catch Bounsweet in Lush Jungle but I could never find a wild one, despite spending quite a some time there.
>>
Yeah OP I'm with you, the only really difficult trial for me was the Fire one. I actually lost the first time and had to train a bit to be able to win.
The ghost trial was difficult too but my Salazzle was a beast as always.
>>
>>30988069
They're only in the west side area of the jungle.
>>
>>30987855

>He used EXP share
>>
How bullshit would a Totem Mudsdale be
>>
>>30987712
mimikyu was scary as fuck, not th ebattle just how it was sorta just creeping behind you
>>
>>30987769

Too bad I didn't have one I guess. I did have a Skarmory, but it fainted during the fight.
>>
Lurantis

Lost like 3 or 4 times and had to do the fucking soup thing every time. It just annoyed me.

Totem battles are unfair as fuck.
>>
>>30988412
how did you lose to lurantis?
>>
>>30988481
Solar beam spam, then synthesis, then trumbeak was destroying me aswell.
Salandit was just not strong enough to beat them.
>>
>>30988481

The entire thread says lurantis and you choose this single anon to ask that question
>>
Honestly, the only ones that didn't give me trouble were Wishiwashi and that weirdly pathetic Kommo-o. My team didn't cover each others weaknesses well, and any that usually had super effective moves couldn't make great use of them.
>>
>>30988045
I thought Flash Cannon on Starmie would be my ace in the hole like against Mimikyu, but it did nothing against it. Just had to sit there with Recover, Aurora Veil, and a lucky Guard Swap from Metronome until it struggled to death. Rest of her team was easy.
>>
>>30987654
>>30987595
I actually really enjoyed that fight solely because I didn't know about schooling and I thought Wishiwashi was going to wreck me so I just spammed it expecting it to wreck me next turn only to have it shrink instead.
>>
>>30986285
>lvl 30 Mudsdale takes care of her easy
>>
>>30988603
Because that anon was qter
>>
>>30987824
when i got to this point, i hat toucannon, beak blast
>>
Lurantis actually wasn't too bad for me. Vikavolt was slightly more of a challenge. But Mimikyu actually took out my whole team and made me black out for the first and only time in SM. Luckily, I was able to beat it on my second attempt.
>>
>>30988890
>being 8 levels overleveled

Expsharefags will defend this.
>>
>>30987654
>having Mudsdale by Salazzle
???
>>
My strategy for the totems was just:
>Toxic
>Stall/kill

So the only one I had trouble with was salazzle. Yes I did Twave it but it outspeeds nearly everything and hits like a truck.
>>
>>30989260
Oh really, how did that work on Salazzle?
>>
Lunrantis kicked my ass, I just like water types too much. Pelipper was really the only pokemon that I had that could touch it.
>>
>>30986285
>>30987894
dewpider
>>
>>30989281
Trolls can't read
>>
>>30987654

>Lurantis Occa Berry weakened the attack.
>Lurantis used Synthesis
>>
File: IMG_2441.jpg (268KB, 580x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2441.jpg
268KB, 580x343px
>>30990998
Ey mon ya bes be takin dat back, ya know how racis dat is?
>>
>>30988045
>tfw her clefable in the second fight got fucking memento as it's first metronome.
I had no idea it actually was tough, I wish I got to fight it.
>>
>>30989127
I was hyped after that cutscene for vikavolt, but godammit, why the fuck didn't it have thunderbolt? Having spark was an insult. It probably would have been the nastiest totem if it had a special attack
>>
Mimikyu for me.
>>
>Totem Gumshoos
A decent introductory trial; not too bad, just difficult enough.

>Totem Wishiwashi
The only legitimately challenging trial of the seven. All I really had was one Magnemite and a few Pokémon who couldn't do much but be damage sponges during this battle Still pulled it off, though.

>Totem Salazzle
Mudsdale used Bulldoze! It's super-effective! OHKO. Lame.

>Totem Lurantis
I remember the battle taking a while due to Synthesis spam, but other than that, not horribly difficult.

>Totem Vikavolt
Swept with little difficulty.

>Totem Mimikyu
May have been a slight challenge, I honestly don't remember.

>Totem Kommo-o
Surprisingly not difficult. Lamest trial in the game. I think Game Freak half-assed this one.

>OVERALL VERDICT
The Trials, while being an interesting and cool concept, are ultimately not difficult enough. I'm kind of looking forward to just Gym Battles again.
>>
Mimikyu

I didn't know how Disguise worked and I ended up using my Primarina Z move on it.
>>
File: 1478898827109.png (1MB, 1200x842px) Image search: [Google]
1478898827109.png
1MB, 1200x842px
>Gumshoos - 4/10
>Team: Rowlet, Cutiefly
Paralysed it and then just killed it

>Wishiwashi - 8/10
>Team: Dartrix, Rockruff, Cutiefly
Didn't call Alomomola so was fine

>Salazzle - 7/10
>Team: Dartrix, Salandit, Wishiwashi, Rockruff, Cutiefly
Wishiwashi fucking jobbed but Rockruff killed it

>Lurantis - 10/10
>Team: Dartrix, Salandit, Wishiwashi, Lycanroc, Ribombee
"Lurantis used Solar Blade!" "Salandit fainted!" "Wishiwashi fainted!" "Dartrix fainted!" "Lycanroc fainted!" "Ribombee used Pollen Puff!" "Lurantis used Synthesis!" "Trumbeak used Rock Blast!" "Ribombee used Pollen Puff!" "Lurantis used Synthesis!" "Trumbeak used Rock Blast!" "Ribombee fainted!" x4 until Ribombee RNGed its way through

>Vikavolt - 6/10
>Team: Dartrix, Salandit, Wishiwashi, Lycanroc, Ribombee, Passimian
Was powerful but easy enough, think Lycanroc got it

>Mimikyu - 9/10
>Team: Dartrix, Turtonator, Mareanie, Lycanroc, Ribombee, Passimian
Took whole team but Dartrix killed it in the end

>Kommo-o - 1/10
>Team: Decidueye, Turtonator, Toxapex, Lycanroc, Ribombee, Passimian
Literally one-shot it with a Dazzling Gleam
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.