[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supposing GF's lazyness in doing the games gets them out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

Supposing GF's lazyness in doing the games gets them out of business, who would you like to continue the franchise?
>>
Bought by actiblizz/ubisoft/capcom/disney

:)
>>
Valve.
>>
>>30983300
>you'd get to visit Xen and catch the Gonarch or Nihilanth depending on the version you bought.
>all the characters would be well rounded and well written except the one you control
>>
Whoever does the Etrian Odyssey games, it's Atlus but they have a dedicated team for EO.

The games keep expanding and evolving without losing their core ideals. They aren't lazy either, or randomly remove features from game to game for no reason, and look at how they do the remakes.
>>
>>30982383
Regice sure is giving him the cold shoulder
>>
>>30982383
Bethesda or Rockstar
>>
>>30983300
>Introducing Pokeball Skins!
>1% chance to get a random Pokeball glove!
No thanks.
>>
Atlas at last
>>
>>30983506
Atlus having control of both the original mons franchise AND the most well-known one. Now that's something orgasmic.
>>
File: 1457711198709.png (253KB, 329x305px) Image search: [Google]
1457711198709.png
253KB, 329x305px
>>30982383
Is there anyone even trustworthy enough? I'm all for a new company working on mainline Pokemon but I don't think anyone outside of maybe Atlus could really do it.
>>
Atlus

Please let them do it SEGA
>>
File: 1470156864597.png (255KB, 621x456px) Image search: [Google]
1470156864597.png
255KB, 621x456px
>it's a "OP thinks GF is lazy because they removed one or two pointless features that he liked despite the 800+ playable monsters and fuckton of moves and actually thinks that any other company could do it better" thread

Yeah, Atlus. Let's pretend Atlus could do it. Because this is /vp/ and we say retarded things.
>>
>>
>>30983535
Underrated post
>>
File: IMG_2261.gif (2MB, 300x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2261.gif
2MB, 300x174px
>>30983535
>>
>>30982383
Monolith Soft desu.
>>
>>30983543
bad b8
>>
from software. They've already proven they know how to make a super immersive RPG with impactful narrative using minimal cutscenes and organic as fuck multiplayer. There is literally no better choice.
>>
>>30985141

SMT games have hundreds of recruitable demons but also manage to not have each individual animation in battle take long enough for me to claw out my eyeballs. Not to mention the games are objectively more fun. Unless you somehow still enjoy poke-marting your way through a bunch of type themed progression checkpoints.
>>
Me.
>>
>>30982383
Ubisoft.
>>
File: 1202.jpg (82KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
1202.jpg
82KB, 500x491px
>>30985772
Yeah, attack animations don't take very long when your monsters are static 2D images. You can turn off battle animations in Pokemon if it bothers you that much. Also, fun isn't objective, retard. And finally, I've got good news and bad news for you. Good news is, Atlus already made a Pokemon game. It's called Demikids on the GBA. And you can play it right now! Bad news is, the reason why you probably don't remember it being better than Pokemon, being a huge hit, spawning various sequels, and becoming the king of the monster raising genre is because none of that happened and it was actually not very good. But, hey, at least you can play a Pokemon game by Atlus. Enjoy it.
>>
>>30985969

>can turn off battle animations
>can't turn off the 30 seconds it takes to transition from world map to battle screen
>can't turn off the 2 minutes long pan around the environment
>can't turn off the 5 minute "goooooooo pooooookemon" animation as my trainer slowly throws a pokeball out
>can't turn off the half hour it takes my pokemon to come out of the pokeball
>can't turn off the 49 hours it takes the other pokemon to call for help only to have nothing appear
>can't turn off the 72 years it takes to watch the wild pokemon use an attack and then die
>take 2 steps, repeat all over again

SMTIV is a better pokemon than pokemon
>>
>>30985969

I actually loved DemiKids as a kid. That was a tough game, although I think I had the other version...

I don't think Atlus would make good Pokemon games though.
>>
>>30982383
Konami
>>
>>30987187
>pokéchinko

I'm sure we'll get there someday
>>
>>30985141
>removed one or two pointless features
You sure you're counting correctly, anon?
>>
>>30983506
Wasn't Atlus made day 1 DLC now?
>>
>>30989540
Define?
>>
>>30983553
>Pokeball Skins!
/balltism/ would love it
>>
If Atlus starts making Pokémon, does that mean we'll have Matador as rival?
>>
>>30990853

Unlikely. Probably it would mean the rival would fuse with a pokemon and then at a later point in the story you could kill them
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.