[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how is the next Pokemon villain supposed to match this? Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: 60327436_p0.jpg (1MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
60327436_p0.jpg
1MB, 1000x1414px
So how is the next Pokemon villain supposed to match this? Can they really make someone nastier than her in a children's game?
>>
>>30976116
Ghetsis was way more insane than Lusamine and Lysandre was a literal fascist. Get me a villain actual destroys the world and the player needs to somehow salvage the situation and then I'll be impressed.
>>
>>30976116
>how is the next pokemon villain supposed to match the most generic female villain archetype in existence

Why are female villains always motivated by shit like vanity and jealousy and never have any actual goals or ambitions?
>>
>>30976154
I don't remember what was so insane about Ghetsis?
>>
>>30976183
I didn't say he was Kefka-tier unstable but he was more unhinged than Lusamine. He essentially lied to N his whole life and made the entire region believing that Team Plasma was trying to liberate Pokemon from their trainers when in reality he's just a power-hungry dictator that wants all the Pokemon to himself. I don't think Ghetsis is THE villain in the series (my favorite is Cyrus) but in terms of abusive parents, he fucked N up more and honestly I'm not a massive N fan either. Lusamine was too predictable of a villain and everyone knew she was related to Lillie/Gladion so maybe I would've been more impressed if GF was so obvious that Team Skull was a decoy.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 794x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 794x640px
>>30976177
>Vanity and Jealousy
Were you paying any attention to her character at all? Her husband got sucked into an Ultra wormhole and disappeared because of his research into the Ultra Beasts, and Lusamine desperately continued on that research in an effort to find him. She found Nihilego, who injected her with its toxins, and amped up her already existing obsession with learning about the Ultra Beasts to what she's like during the plot, without caring about anything else.
If anything, her plot line is a lot more like Jenna Angel's.
>>
>>30976325
Those were examples, genius. She has literally no motivation beyond muh sweet beasts, the fucking Nihilego might as well have been the villain
>>
>>30976116

>1st and 2nd were a simple criminal enterprise involved in theft
>3rd A and B were a set of environmental terrorists in competition with each other
>4th was a cult leader
>5th was like 3A and 3B but for pokemon
>6th was for population reduction, basically environmental terrorism
Dunno, villains have spanned a wide spectrum in terms of objectives. I wonder what will be our next one
>>
>>30976377
>>6th was literally hitler
fix'd
>>
>>30976154
This, Lusamine's crazy but not to the levels of Ghetsis and Lysandre, plus they weren't under the influence of weird alien poison like she was. I would have preferred for her to just be straight up evil though desu
>>
>>30976341
It was. The point was that despite her being the main villain, and it not being entirely her fault, she still did horrible things which had awful repercussions on her family. I thought she was a great villain because she isn't as cookie cutter black and white as Ghetsis and Lysandre was.
>>
I think Ghetsis was definitely Nastier than Lusamine.

Lysandre definitely had more fucked up goals but it was handled poorly and he wasn't really a nasty guy to the people around him like Ghetsis or Lusamine were.
>>
File: 1304814204869.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1304814204869.png
12KB, 500x500px
>>30976462

>handled poorly
Why didn't you help him then?
>>
>>30976377
Where does that put 7th?

Simple criminal gang, involved in violent anarchy/ theft, unknowingly supporting a leader in way over his head? being the lapdog of crazy sociopath collector lady... wait.. is that what he was? I don't even remember what Lusamine and Guzma had to do with each other lol. Kinda forgettable
>>
File: 1472782725876.jpg (74KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1472782725876.jpg
74KB, 601x601px
>>30976462
>tfw Lysandre could've been the best big thing but Sycamore and Diantha just went hahaha LOL!
fucking gf
>>
>>30976462
Lysandre was fucked up because he had a strikingly profound lack of empathy despite him crying over Pokemon. He was also kind of suicidal too because in his head, the world was so disgusting that the only way it could return to it's "beautiful" state was for it to all be destroyed saved Team Flare. For someone that used to be a philanthropist, he's pretty fucking heartless.
>>
File: Marina_Fans.png (464KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Marina_Fans.png
464KB, 640x480px
What if the next villain is the player?
>>
>>30976550
like spec ops
>>
Is it wrong to wish that we had an actual pokemon as an antagonist, like kind of like mewtwo in the first anime movie? Not ENTIRELY like him... I mean, we had the ultra beasts theories of people fused with pokemon which everyone thought would happen, so that COULD work...

Fuck, what if like a guy was horribly, painfully fused with a legendary pokemon (Not necessarily arceus, but it could be possible if they went off of the type null research.) And he just really wanted violent revenge on the team of people that ruined his life.

But like he'd never hate the protagonist, as he understands what they're doing, he just disagrees with them. He'd still be willing to get them out of the way of his revenge temporarily, and wouldn't be afraid to get his own hands dirty if need be, to the point where it may be that you actually think the people he's after deserve retribution, but stop him anyway to avoid collateral damage and scarring children and stuff...

And he'd like, be an NPC with affection effects, except it'd be more like he steps in the way of random attacks, which keeps him from doing it for a while, but it's not all that different than your pokemon dodging due to high affection.
>>
>>30976550
I want this.
>>
>>30976550
Gamefreak would drown in money, so naturally, it'll never happen
>>
>>30976116
I'd say make a fanatical charismatic government official but then /pol/tards would worship them.
>>
File: 1457761252872.png (666KB, 1255x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1457761252872.png
666KB, 1255x1086px
>>30976183
Let's have a bad parent competition.

In one corner there is Lusamine. Absolutely batshit insane, so fucking hooked on nihilego jizz that she tries to dress her daughter up like one and when her daughter changes outfits calls her ugly and basically says REEEE LILLIES GET OUT GET THE FUCK OFF MY ULTRA DIMENSION. She went batshit after her husband accidentally his entire memory and doesn't know that he's a fat fuck on some islands because rather than use the pokebox/pelago system like a normal person she freezes her shit. All she wants to do is live in the basement and stare at her pretty parasites.

In the other corner there is Ghetsis. Ghetsis created an entire religion to get people to follow his kid, who can talk to pokemon. N wants people to release their pokemon and Ghetsis wants N to want people to do that. This is because Ghetsis will be the only person who has pokemon and therefore will be unstoppable. When this fails he decides to just freeze the fuck out of everything. When N tries to reason with him Ghetsis FLIPS HIS FUCKING SHIT and tells him to shut up and stop talking like a person and that he's a freak. And then when he loses (again) he becomes a vegetable I think.

Also there is Giovanni, but he couldn't be here for this match. Just like he couldn't be there for his son.
>>
>>30976416
>>>6th was literally hitler
Literally how? Why is Lysandre constantly compared to Hitler when for the most part they don't seem alike at all?
>>
>>30976377
An organization that has a trainer academy as its front. It aims to overthrow the current pokemon league system and force everyone to play by their own rules.

Basically a more blatant jab at the current competitive metagame.
>>
>>30976966
That's a neato idea. Better than mine.
>>
>>30976508
to be fair, a lot of times in real life people are really forgiving of people close to them even when they start spouting crazy shit, so with Sycamore it might make some sense.

I doubt they were trying to make some kind of complex commentary about complacency though.
>>
>>30976500
Hey, whatever it was, it was handled better than team Skull itself. Guzma had a second-in-command and they never were in the same place or otherwise spoke to each other throughout the entire story. Even the mysterious siblings had one exchange of dialogue between them...
>>
>>30977974
this. More Karen
>>
>>30976966
A better version of Uranium's overall plot as well.
>>
>>30976550
I want a villain that is the shadow archetype of the player. He was a league champion who grew disillusioned with stomping on scrubs, so to be the very best like no one ever was, his goal is to catch 'em all. But since he isn't the 'chosen one' he has to make the legend appear before him, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to do so.

>>30976966
Though that would be cool, I would like a pokemon antagonist that's actually a pokemon. Like after the bad guy captures the opposite cover legend, the one you're destined to catch goes on a rampage and starts tearing shit up. And while people think that its a matter of some sort of natural imbalance, what really happened is that these two were not rivals but rather a pair like Solgaleo and Lunaala are implied to be; somebody kidnapped its mate and humanity is going to pay for it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>30977487
>Also there is Giovanni, but he couldn't be here for this match. Just like he couldn't be there for his son.
>>
>>30978008
>Guzma had a second-in-command and they never were in the same place or otherwise spoke to each other throughout the entire story

This was disappointing. I actually like Guzma and Plumeria a lot in the their appearances too, but it was weird they never showed up together.
>>
File: Smogon Ethics Classes.jpg (369KB, 750x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Smogon Ethics Classes.jpg
369KB, 750x1836px
>>30977974
I think the only way that will work is if they introduce a shitload of new mechanics to make even shitmons a lot more viable and such and discourage players from being Smogon-Autists.

I mean, otherwise, the concept is pretty cool.

>>30976116
The only alternative I can think of is: "you don't."

In a freeform RP, An idea I had for a major villain team is a bunch of Sky Pirates with awesome shit like jet-packs, mini-planes, and airships. Their goals are that they want the best and rarest pokemon, money, drugs, hot people to bask in their presence, acknowledgement as being awesome, and generally being very very pirate-y.
>>
>>30976116
next villain is the professor
>>
>>30979151
I liked Guzma in his first appearance. Seeing as they all went exactly the same until Ultra Space, he got stale really fast.
>his 'rocket motto' where he talks about pounding you.
>screams at himself for losing like a madman
>slouches off screen claiming that he'll pound you next time.

Seriously, how is it that they couldn't make one bug learn Parting Shot so it could be an obligatory member of his team? Or if it was built into Emergency Exit so Golisopod wouldn't be shit. He is literally 'Parting Shot: the character.'
>>
>>30977487
>REEEE LILLIES GET OUT GET THE FUCK OFF MY ULTRA DIMENSION.
heh
>>
>>30977487
There's also the theory about Ghetsis.
Ghetsis found N in a forest, and he was the perfect candidate for Ghetsis' plan. That seems too convenient. Considering how much N resembles Ghetsis, and how convenient N's existence is to Ghetsis, there's a good chance that Ghetsis was the one who abandoned N in the first place.
>>
>>30976116
Kanto sequels, Giovanni strikes back. There, a great villain ready for you.
>>
Pretty much every villain was more fucked up than Lusamine. Lusamine only feels extremely batshit insane because it's the only one you see the plan's effects of. All the other teams are currently working towards her plan, Lusamine has been freezing Pokémon since years, but Giovanni was planning to take control of a whole region with his organization, Aqua and Magma wanted to pretty much destroy the world, Cyrus wanted to erase everything but himself, Ghetsis was as power hungry as Giovanni, but a completely different and much more forceful approach, Lysandre again wanted to erase everything but Team Flare.
>>
>>30979358
>Genwun rehash
"No."
>>
>>30979202
>We'll need more battle mechanics to make your idea work.
True. Something related to "bond power" comes to mind. It's probably not enough, though.
>>
>>30979416
Unova got sequels. Why not Kanto? Kanto is the region that needs a needs a good game more than any other.
>>
>>30976116
Lusamine literally did nothing wrong, she's not even a villain.
>>
>>30979348
>>30977487

N is a Zoroark. I know people call it headcanon but it makes more sense than anything. He took the form of a human and is able to speak to humans and Pokemon(because he's a pokemon). This is why Ghetsis calls him a freak not a human, he's actually not one.
>>
>>30979443
>Why not Kanto?
Generation two is a thing you know.
>>
>>30979468
But that's Johto. Kanto postgame had no story or anything. The Kanto in that was a worse version of RGBY, with no story and goal, only trainer to fight.
>>
>>30976457
>Ghetsis
>Black and White

What did he mean by this
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.