[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was a huge pokemon fan from 1998-2003, in my youth. I went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: pokemonblackwhite2.jpg (77KB, 530x299px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonblackwhite2.jpg
77KB, 530x299px
I was a huge pokemon fan from 1998-2003, in my youth. I went completely cold on the series up until a few weeks ago. I came on here out of curiosity and noticed you guys argue a lot about gen 4 and 5.. I thought it'd be interesting to get the perspective of someone who played them back to back, without bias. So these are my thoughts after completing both games.

Pokemon black 2:

The bad:
Okay so the first thing I noticed is that this game is terribly, terribly ugly. I've seen some people try to pass off the ugly saturated colors as "vibrancy" but it's not tastefully done. There are some pretry areas here and there (the ranch towards the beginning was great) but for the most part, the game is an uneven eye sore.

The sprites are god awful as well, they traded in the crisp motionless sprites for lumps of pixels that rock back and forth and the result is just... No.

The story is a convoluted pile of shit that just gets in the way. I groaned every time bianca approached me to vomit out some more exposition. Lets get something straight. Gamefreak is shit at writing and they need to stop. Let my mom say goodbye to me and get my ass on the road. If you want to defend this tumor of a story.. Go ahead. You're only making yourself look bad.

I don't like the pokemon distribution. Sure.. There is variety but there's something about the way that all these different pokemon are lumped into tiny locations.. It just doesn't feel natural. In return.. It doesn't feel rewarding to catch them. It cheapens the thrill of finding a new pokemon. It feels like a chore

To sum it up.. The game lacks soul. It just doesn't have a masters touch and it's ugly as all fuck.

The good:
It's a decent challenge. The high variety of pokemon can lead to some interesting teams. The music is nice. The areas that are done well are done really well.

Overall: 6.5
>>
>>30971310
Did you play Black 1 first?
>>
File: oh-right-the-bait.png (45KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
oh-right-the-bait.png
45KB, 500x360px
>>30971310
Nice blog post, anon.
>>
kill kys yourself yourself
>>
File: 1470770447960.png (19KB, 440x537px) Image search: [Google]
1470770447960.png
19KB, 440x537px
>>30971310
And why should I give a shit about your opinion faggot? Go back to tumblr if you want to blog.
>>
>>30971330
Seconding this.
>>
>>30971310
Did you play it on the 3ds?

You probably were at fault of Nintendo fucking up the ds games looks

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/324/~/can-i-play-nintendo-dsi-and-nintendo-ds-games-on-nintendo-3ds-family-systems%3F

I also don't fully understand the complaint about the dex
>>
>>30971310
These are all legitimate complaints but you just triggered the unovabortions so expect bait image replies.
How about gen 4?
>>
i agree
>>
>>30971330
>>30971384
I played those back to back earlier in the year and it only makes the story for bw2 worst imo, it's just more obvious you're playing the exact same game.
>>
>>30971456
I asked the anon questions about it and he didn't respond

It's probably bait
>>
>>30971499
>the exact same game

Why did I bother trying to actually make a response earlier
>>
>>30971456
But anon, all of his points are purely opinions.
>>
>>30971456
>People telling a retard repeating the same points everyone makes about Gen 5 over and over again and inciting genwars to fuck off
>"lol triggered unovabortions"
Stop posting anytime
>>
>>30971338
>someone mentions gen 5 wasn't perfect
>"it's bait because surely only my opinion matters and fuck everyone else"

sums up unnovabortions pretty god senpai
>>
>>30971310

>its a weekly "lets criticize BW2 because I can't handle when people criticize Gen 6" episode
>>
>>30971521
>>30971546
>>30971570
Holy shit, why are unovacucks so hostile to those who don't share their opinion? I can guarantee you'd be sucking his dick if he were to say they were the GOAT Pokémon games.
>>
>>30971310
I'm sure you enjoyed Gen 6.
>>
HG/SS:

The bad:
What in the fuck is up with the lvl of the wild pokemon? Why did they not fix this? Why?

The good:
Where do I start? It's all perfect. The UI.. The sprites.. The music.. The art style. Jesus Christ it almost brings a tear to my eye. B/W 2 felt like it was pandering to fans. HG/SS feel like genuine works of love... Like the people who made it were fans themselves. This game has soul. It encapsulates the entire soul of the series beautifully. The story is perfect because there really isn't one. They knew that writing isn't their strength so they didn't try to force it. I appreciate that.

One of my favorire features has to be the pokemon following you. It isn't just a gimmick. It makes your team feel more tangible.. When I let one of my pokemon faint and noticed that he was treating me differently afterward.. I actually felt guilt, I felt like I let him down.. In return.. The battles are far more interesting because I feel like there's actually something on the line. That's a pretty big deal when 50% of the game is battling. It makes the whole experience more engaging.

Overall: 10/10
They made two great games even greater. They treated the series with respect and love and it really shows. The master touch that BW 2 lacks.. These games are covered in it.
>>
>>30971648
I asked OP a legitimate question about his complain and haven't gotten an answer

Then he says it's the exact same game
>>
>>30971599

It's because we have these threads daily.

Within 10 posts, we're gonna get Shitposter-Kun who will post that shitty image of some polls, claiming that Gen 5 almost ruined/killed Pokemon
>>
File: 1478231652317.jpg (32KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1478231652317.jpg
32KB, 438x438px
>>30971499
>First time in the series they make a direct sequel instead of putting out the same game with some improvements
>>the exact same game
>>
>>30971717
Anon, he's already here, hell, he's probably the OP this time
>>
>>30971717
shitters already doing it for SM lel
honestly i'd be glad if it happens with gen 5, noone cares about it but us chickens
>>
>>30971717
Don't forget that sales chart!

Or metacritic
>>
>>30971822
*edited metacritic
>>
>>30971822
>>30971840
>unovabortions get triggered by objective facts

Wouldn't be surprised if you were liberals, too.
>>
>>30971310
>It just doesn't feel natural.

You're playing the wrong series then.
>>
>>30971310
>There is variety but there's something about the way that all these different pokemon are lumped into tiny locations.. It just doesn't feel natural.

that happens in every game
>>
>>30972868
No, it's just gen 5 is the series that's most "off". No wonder GF pushed the series in a somewhat different direction in gens 6 and 7.
>>
>>30971310
>>30971678

>BW2: sprites are ugly story sucks but there's some good gameplay and content

>HGSS: level scaling lmao otherwise OMG GOAT POKEMON GAME EVERYTHING IS PERFECT MY POKEMON FOLLOW ME 100/10 IT WILL NEVER BE TOPPED STAY MAD UNOVABORSHUNS

Thanks for the super fresh perspective op. Real radical stuff there. Let me guess, you found DP to have a cozy region, liked the rival, didn't care for the lack of fire pokemon, and loathed how sluggish the game engine is?
>>
>>30971499
>it's just more obvious you're playing the exact same game.
You might just be retarded.
>>
>>30971678
>One of my favorire features has to be the pokemon following you. It isn't just a gimmick. It makes your team feel more tangible.. When I let one of my pokemon faint and noticed that he was treating me differently afterward.. I actually felt guilt, I felt like I let him down.. In return.. The battles are far more interesting because I feel like there's actually something on the line. That's a pretty big deal when 50% of the game is battling. It makes the whole experience more engaging.
Have you actually played the fucking game?
>>
I guess I'm a gen 5 babby or something but I think the game is beautiful.
IMO Gen 3-5 are timeless with how good the pixel art, and later psuedo 3D, is.
Gen 6 is already showing its age but good pixel art will last forever.
>>
File: 1482390057204.jpg (273KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482390057204.jpg
273KB, 800x800px
>>30971310
Shit review
>>
>>30971310
Personally I don't care about any of your complaints. They don't bother me.

What did you think of Gen 4 though?
>>
>>30971310
I agree with a lot of those points (especially the story and how it's being shoved into your face even though the writing is terrible) and I actually liked BW2. Unfortunately it's only downhill from here as far as story railroading is considered. If you hated how it was done in BW2, don't ever touch Sun/Moon.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.