[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just got to Poni Island >whole team is only in the mid-30s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: bruh.png (92KB, 427x304px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
92KB, 427x304px
>just got to Poni Island
>whole team is only in the mid-30s with one exception being my Bewear just past 40
>every trainer in the game has lv 40s now
>some of them even have Z-Moves
>even wild pokemon are a threat to me
>keep having to run back to the pokecenter

f-fuck...I knew it would be challenging without exp. share/healing items, but I wasn't prepared for this...
>>
>>30964399
>no exp share
Understable
>no healing items
Autism
>>
>>30964426
I did that too, but no items in battle only.
Until Lusamine and her fucking Clefable Cosmic Power'd to unkillable status, then I had to break out the X-items.
And Hala destroyed me three times at the league until I finally decided to use a few MooMooMilks mid-battle until Primeape missed a Cross Chop.
>>
>not abusing the full exp given on switch-ins
If you're not going to use the exp share, learn to switch at least twice per fight. Hapu's the only thing I was under leveled against, and only by one level(two for the Mudsdale).

But hell, all your shit's anemic at this point, so good luck grinding like a faggot
>>
>>30964399
Was Poni really hard?
Had a similar situation, but it wasn't really difficult.
>>
>>30964710
autists are so deluded they have to lie to themselves that the game isn't piss easy
>>
>waaah why is the game hard after shooting myself in the foot!

Fuck off with your blogposting
>>
>>30964710
It wasn't horribly hard, and it's actually kinda weird how low-leveled OP is, but there is indeed a sudden 3~4 level jump when you get to Poni Island
>>
>>30964426
>>no healing items
>Autism

Ah yes, wanting more difficulty in a game means you have autism, as everyone knows.
>>
>>30964710
the elite four was the real jump

It does feel like the exp share was made for poni island and after though, the progression is fine without it til then
>>
>>30964399
>haven't gone to elite four yet
>whole team in 70s
>>
>>30965613
>overgrinding so much

y tho
>>
>>30965289
Found the autist.
>>
>>30965684
I wanted to fill the pokedex as quickly as possible so I grinded to evolve other mons
>>
>>30965209
Someone used exp share I see
>>
>>30965289
RPGs have healing items. I too collapsed from the shock when I found out. Hell some even have bullet built in EXP share like the Tales series
>>
You niggas are sad. If you want the game to be enjoyable no healing items, no exp share, and turn off the free switches in between kos
>>
>>30967124
lemme fix that sentence for you anon
>you niggas are sad. you want the game to be enjoyable with no healing items, no exp share, and turning off the free switches in between kos
>>
>>30967124
I don't understand why you are telling me the game isn't enjoyable to me.

It is quite enjoyable to me. I just play with my favourites and I like to keep my team balanced in terms of level anyway so even with limitations they are never struggling that much. I always box my starter at first chance though.
>>
>>30967825
Hey, everyone plays the way they like. Personally I like more of a challenge. I play Zelda's with maybe 5 hearts. Just way more fun when you actually have to pay attention and be careful.

Now I know that's not a perfect thing to compare to, adventure to turn based rpg, but the general idea stands.
>>
>>30964399
I don't use exp. share, similarly just arrived at Poni island, and my Pokemon are all in their early-mid 40's. Maybe that's because my team consists of only three Pokemon, but I've never had trouble maintaining levels parallel to the NPC's.
>>
What is good nature/ev spread for Mimikyu?
>>
>>30966946
Most RPGs are designed around a party of characters taking on bosses that can do massive chunks of damage to one or all of your party members in one turn while you slowly chip away and their enourmous amount of health while maintaining your party with spells, healing items, and buffs. They're longform. All of the opponents in Pokemon are just other Pokemon that you fight with your own Pokemon, they're all balanced with one another more or less, and all of the official competitive-style formats, including ones governed exclusively in-game like battle facilities, don't let you use healing items in battle.
>>
>>30971433
Stop trying to compare Final Fantasy to an overglorified Rock-Paper-Scissors RNGfest.
>>
>>30970594
Depends what you're intending to use it for.
>>
>>30971737
>overglorified Rock-Paper-Scissors RNGfest.
So you should use healing items, then...? I'm not that anon, but I don't get this non-sequitur
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.