[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled... Are they worth it? I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon-sun-moon.jpg (40KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon.jpg
40KB, 550x366px
Now that the dust has settled...
Are they worth it? I haven't bought then yet but I don't really know if they are decent or not.
>>
>>30962602
Yes.
>>
>>30962602
They are good, buy them already or fuck off.
>>
There's a lot of speculation as to a third version though
Might want to wait for that instead
>>
wait for 3rd unless you have access to piracy.
the game is fun, but feels unfinished.
>>
>>30962645
..why exactly? what makes you think there's going to be a third version? OP, just buy S/M already
>>
>>30962689
Stars.
>>
Best story in Pokemon besides Black & White .

Worth getting
>>
They're worth it.
>>
>>30962689
necrozma's weird design/placement in the game, "stars" rumor that hints at a 3rd game

however, they could be working on a sequel, or DP remakes as well at this point. we have no idea what they're planning to do next, so just buy Sun or Moon now OP

They're pretty good games, nowhere near perfect but the story is pretty well done (for pokemon standards), trials and totem bosses were unique and fun change of pace from a gym, absolutely amazing soundtrack, with a decent amount of post-game stuff to do
>>
>>30963349
from gyms*

how do i type
>>
>>30962749
This. Games are godlike in their own regard, but BW had the better story. The games do feel like they're missing something, and a 3rd version feels the most likely this Generation. So make the call OP, either get em now or wait until next fall
>>
File: 1362283633934.png (11KB, 157x151px) Image search: [Google]
1362283633934.png
11KB, 157x151px
I know it's a common complaint, but the games are ridiculously easy. The attrition that represented the only semblance of difficulty in past games is gone; Lillie, the kahunas, and trial guides fully heal your team every five steps, even between battles. Not to mention that the trainer rosters are a total joke, like the team skull grunt in po town with an underleveled spinarak as his only pokemon.

Other than that, the pokemon placement/variety is horrible. Yungoos/Gunshoos is in practically every route, along with some dogshit normal/flying type and some other crapmons. There's little variety between routes, especially in the water areas, so you're probably going to run into the same stock of 6-7 pokemon until you get to a completely different environment. A lot of the later gen pokemon have 10%, 5%, or 1% spawn rates, or only spawn during SoS battles, so goodluck trying to pick those up. You could very easily finish the game with an entire team of Gen 1 pokemon without even doing it intentionally, just because your options are so limited.

The story is alright, but there are too many cutscenes, too much dialogue, and not enough freedom of movement.

Also, there's too many fucking legendaries. Half the new pokemon are post-game legendaries or ultra beasts. I know they've been cramming more and more into each game but it's getting ridiculous at this point.
>>
>>30962602
+Story is decent
+Totem battles/trials are a fun gimmick
+Z-Moves are kinda cool in-game
+It's Pokemon

-There's hardly any new pokemon, and most of them suck
-The starters are all shit, stat-wise
-The region feels pretty empty and lifeless
-Even though there are hardly any new pokemon to find they're actually rare as fuck with low encounter rates, leaving you to find basically nothing but gen 1 pokemon
-Zygarde got royally screwed
>>
>>30963667
>The attrition that represented the only semblance of difficulty in past games
>implying attrition represents difficulty and not tedium
>>
File: 1464639042442.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1464639042442.png
28KB, 186x208px
>>30963885
>fight battle A
>fight battle B with your pokemon weakened from battle A
>battle B is somehow not more difficult
guess it's act like a fucking retard day on /vp/
>>
>>30963667
>Also, there's too many fucking legendaries. Half the new pokemon are post-game legendaries or ultra beasts. I know they've been cramming more and more into each game but it's getting ridiculous at this point.
This is the one point I can wholeheartedly agree on.
There were eighty one new Pokémon introduced in SM, but nearly twenty of those are legendary or limited to the post-game (and one of them is unreleased). Having only around sixty of the new Pokémon obtainable before the post-game is absolutely pathetic, and no amount of Alolan forms or Megas are going to fill the gap that's left. They somehow managed to be worse than XY in this regard.
The worst part is that this is probably going to be the norm now because GameFreak has a crippling fear of the number one thousand.
>>
I'm currently breeding pokes for competitive and I only JUST NOW realized that they completely did away with Withdraw, Deposit, and that shit. It goes straight to the old Organize Box setting. Fucking finally got that QOL improvement I've been wanting for years and I didn't realize until I beat the game that I had it the whole time.
>>
>>30962602
Who the fuck keeps spreading the fucking dust. Will it ever settle forever?
>>
>>30962602
Good single player adventure, but multiplayer is somewhat of a downgrade compared to XY/ORAS
>>
>>30963667
The second point is right, the first is a joke.
>>
>>30962602
wait for Stars, and when Stars turns out to be a disappointment don't buy it and wait for Galaxies
>>
>>30962602
Pirate them. They're decent but they're obviously rushed and unfinished. Also, it's the WORST game to replay due to the mass cutscenes and shit pokemon selection, so if you pirate it, you'll at least have acess to romhacks that revamp the wild areas and shit
>>
>>30962602
>I haven't bought it yet
>I don't really know if they are decent or not
these facts are related
>>
>>30962602
They might be worth playing through once but they definitely aren't worth buying.
>>
>>30965168
You can know if a game that you didn't buy is good or not by watching gameplays, smartass
>>
>>30962602
Interactive movie. Don't buy it.
>>
File: keke.png (325KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
keke.png
325KB, 1024x1024px
>>30962602
1 in every 80 fags here who've played it either hates or dislikes it
the rest haven't even played the game and are just shitposting vigorously

it's at least what poll-based threads say

that and the "ridiculously stupid" ammount of cutscenes 80% of the time lead to a battle and are not nearly as annoying unless you have the true 'tismos

i mean, fags here get assblasted simply because they feel that the lack of main character speech robs them of their protagonism
>>
>>30965770
>the "ridiculously stupid" ammount of cutscenes 80% of the time lead to a battle
What? That's a crazy exaggeration, plenty of the cutscenes are just story crap or basically telling the player where to go next. Especially on the first island you can barely take two steps before you trigger another cutscene.

I don't really mind them myself, but I can see how they get annoying fast for some players
>>
>>30965846
it's at least what i've noticed and thus remember
i really don't give much of a shit, i go where the story takes me until i get to the post-game

im not wikiscumming the fuck out of my experience to see which pokemon i should desperately get and evolve and thus getting annoyed at how im not allowed to rush to the tall grass at route X all the way over the other corner of the island

the most i did was checking how to make my bus turn into a spaceship , which was a soft kick in the balls i admit because poni canyon turned out to be near the end of the game

but i swear some people must be severely autistic to get assblasted by stuff like this
>>
>>30966051
>implying that endless unskippable cutscenes every five steps is only an annoyance if you're 'wikiscumming' and rushing through the game'

You're a retard. There are so many cutscenes the game feels more like a Telltale storybook game sometimes than it does a Pokemon game.
>>
>>30966200
>There are so many cutscenes the game feels more like a Telltale storybook game sometimes than it does a Pokemon game.
perfect then tell me anon where did you want to go so badly that it ended up mattering to you
>>
I really like them, however I feel like the start of the games are getting progressively more and more fucking tedious. It took so fucking long just to get to the first city and even then I was practically wading through people throwing new fucking key items and features and shit at me.

I'm not so much complaining about the quantity of features. I just wish they would let me figure some of them out on my own without rail roading me. It's like they went "oh, some people beat red and blue without getting the coin case, better make it so you have to pick up every single additional fun little feature and sit through a guide on how to do it."

I do like the Pokemon Snap shit though.
>>
>>30963926
>fight trainer A
>walk back to Pokecenter
>fight trainer B
>walk back to Pokecenter

Sure is fun.
>>
>>30965770
>says people who have complaints are just shitposters
>proceeds to shitpost
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.