[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to get into this late game stuff. Can somebody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

I'm trying to get into this late game stuff. Can somebody just walk me through this real quick?
>Chaining
>Berries
>Isle Evelup
>Hyper Training
I guess IVs and EVs in general.
>>
File: spoonman.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
spoonman.gif
1MB, 320x240px
For SOS chaining you need a False Swipe user. Pangoro is useful in that it gets Scrappy, so FS will hit Ghost types. Basically False Swipe the pokemon then use an Adrenaline Orb, after that KO the pokemon that shows up.

Berries are taken care of in the Pelego, you can plant up to 18 a day, but you'll need a lot of beans, the game will tell you what to do.

Don't bother with Evelup. It only gives 300 EXP. every 30 minutes, which is nothing after a certain level, and it's easier to just SOS train a pokemon.

>Hyper Training
Hahaha, fuck. There's no where to level up your pokemon except the E4, so if you plan to transfer anything you better have it at Level 100 before hand.

http://serebii.net/sunmoon/

http://serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
http://serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml
>>
>>30961329
I know how to chain, but when am I "done"? Does it affect IVs or EVs? Do I still have to breed afterward?

I know how to get berries, but do they affect IVs or EVs? Do I just lower whatever I'm not using?

Evelup has drinks that raise base stats in addition to exp. Again, IVs or EVs? Just train what they're good at, or max out everything?

Hyper Training; IVs or EVs? Does it completely invalidate any of the above methods?
>>
>>30961329
Panguro also learns entrainment which is also useful for seeing if the SOS pokemon you're looking for has a hidden ability
>>
File: 1402618562839.png (398KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1402618562839.png
398KB, 800x600px
IVs are determined at catch or hatching. You can't change them without cheating. Hatch 20 eggs and then talk to the guy to the right of the PC at Battle Tree. He'll upgrade your PC to be able to Judge your mons and see their IVs. Hyper Training adds a flag to your mon and makes the game think it has 31/31 points ("Best") in a certain stat. But this is only a flag and will not transfer to child eggs. When people are talking about 5 IVs or perfect (6 IVs) pokemon, this is what they mean. Destiny Knots and Power training items can influence what IVs your child will have, but in the end you're gonna have to hatch a lot because, at best, you can only influence 5 random IVs and the computer gives you a random 0-31 roll for the sixth stat.

EVs can be trained. Go to your mon and choose Summary to read their EVs. You can train up to 252 in a single stat and 510 overall, with 4 EV equaling +1 in a stat. You'll know if you're maxed out one stat if the stat name has sparkly stars around it. You'll know you're fully trained when your polygon shape is blue instead of yellow. Certain berries can drop your EV training by 10 points in one stat so you can reallocate it. You train by beating up certain mons. Beating Pikipeks will give you 1 Attack EV per win, double that if the battle has been changed to SOS, double that if you have Pokerus, etc... It's up to you to keep track of your EV values if you don't plan on going until you max out a stat. The game doesn't tell you if you're at 40/252.
>>
IV is simple.

Step 1. Catch a magmy/magmar with flame armor or whatever the fuck as an ability. It has a hidden effect which makes eggs hatch twice as quick. If you're post game to to the Game Freak studio and battle the Game Freak President to get a stone which makes pokemon lay eggs twice as fast. Get a male and female magikarp(or a ditto), hatch 19 magikarp eggs.

Step 2. Go to Battle Tree talk to sleeping guy. He'll give you an "IV Checker" that will tell you IVs on your PC.

Step 3: IVs improve solely through breeding. Find the pokemon you want and breed generation and generation until you get perfect IVs. This means replacing Pokemon with worse IVs with better IVs to breed better and better generations

That's how you max IVs
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.