[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm kind of disappointed in how they handled tha starter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I'm kind of disappointed in how they handled tha starter types this gen. You've got 2 type triads (grass, water, fire and ghost, fairy, dark), yet the secondary types only serve to reinforce which pokemon is superior in a rock-paper-scissors sense.

It's be more interesting if the secondary types worked in a reverse order, this allowing the Grass/Ghost starter to reasonably threaten a hypothetical Fire/Fairy starter. It'd also make Hau more of a threat despite him choosing the weaker starter initially - once it evolves it has a type that threatens your starter, forcing you to compensate a little more not that Hau is really a threat at any point, mind.
>>
>>30951691
Here's what triggers me. Incineroar and Decidueye's Z moves are of their secondary type, but Primarina's is of it's primary type.
>>
>>30951691
It hasn't really ever done it that way. The only time it tried was gen 4 and Infernape ended up shitting all over everything.
>>
>>30951750
That's another problem, yes.

>>30951768
I think the biggest issue there is that their secondary triangle was fighting - steel - ground, which just leads to steel getting fucked in the ass.
>>
>>30951750
>>30951817
What makes it worse is that Primarina's signature move would have been a million times better if it was Fairy, since that way it could at least run both its signature move and scald at the same time without being fucking retarded.
Primarina would have benefited the most from the Fairy-type signature, and it didn't get it.
>>
>>30951691
>Incineroar is neutral to fairy anyway

>laughing UBs.webm
>>
File: 1462414494060.jpg (532KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
1462414494060.jpg
532KB, 900x601px
>>30951691
I'm sorry for your autism OP
>>
Thanks doc.
>>
>>30951691

Fairy is neutral against Incineroar.
>>
>>30951940
Primarina's signature move is still pretty good though.
VERY useful in doubles with a water absorb partner.
Though, it's just surf with less PP, and Primarina can learn surf too.
That's the trade-off for triggering the Z-move I guess.
>>
>>30951691
>allowing the Grass/Ghost starter to reasonably threaten a hypothetical Fire/Fairy starter
In what way does ghost threaten fairy?
>>
>>30951691
>type triads
>ghost, fairy, dark
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>30954506
He means that Fairy beats dark, but is neutralized by Fire, and Dark beats Ghost, but in a classic blunder (not THE classic blunder, mind) just assumed that Ghost>Fairy to confirm his pattern without actually checking, because OP is, and will always be a faggot.
>>
>>30951691
>not that Hau is really a threat at any point

Ula'ula Island
>>
>>30955519
No, Hau was pretty easy there. It isn't until the very end of Ula'Ula/Aether Paradise that the difficulty curve picks up even remotely.
>>
>>30956432
The first time he has his Raichu is actually pretty legit, especially if you have been trying to use Alola mons.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.