[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unexpected bros thread This guy is honestly pretty fun in both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 12

File: 076Golem_Alola_Dream.png (63KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
076Golem_Alola_Dream.png
63KB, 300x300px
Unexpected bros thread

This guy is honestly pretty fun in both singles and doubles. He's a pretty competent stealth rocker with and without sturdy, can trap steel types with Magnet Pull, nuke shit with Galvanize Return. He's fantastic in TR too with 45 base speed, amazing STAB, and Galvanize Explosion.

This mon honestly looked like shit before Sun and Moon came out but it's just so flexible I love it.
>>
> shellos used earth power!
>>
>>30947113
>air balloon
>>
File: 306Aggron.png (212KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
306Aggron.png
212KB, 431x431px
>>30947015
>>
>>30947113
Honestly EQ is so easy to donk if you lose a mon to it you deserve it
>>
File: 250px-530Excadrill.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-530Excadrill.png
48KB, 250x250px
>>
File: Salazzle C.png (96KB, 349x431px) Image search: [Google]
Salazzle C.png
96KB, 349x431px
>>
>>30947015
That's pretty cool actually.

Any other Alolan mons doing well in Doubles?
>>
>>30947147
>expecting Aggron not to be a bro
>>
>>30947626
Comfey with its ability Triage: healing moves it uses go first
>>
>>30947200
>Swinub used Mud Slap!
>>
>>30947783
We all know it has a 4x weakness dude.

You can fuck off to facebook now.
>>
This little sun of a bitch.

This thing was an unexpected monster who somehow managed to wreck just about everything. Once it got Shell Smash it was game over for anything in the main story. At first I thought it's ability was weird, once I figured it out, this guy turned into a mass extinction event.
>>
File: Whoashit Woods.png (329KB, 414x479px) Image search: [Google]
Whoashit Woods.png
329KB, 414x479px
>>30947940
Fucking this. I loved its design when it was first announced, but fully expected it to be a gimmick shitmon.
>mfw Shields Down activates after a successful Shell Smash
EVERYTHING IS FUCKING DEAD
>>
Suprisingly, Furret saved my ass several times in gen 2

I always have a spot in my team for a Furret
>>
>>30947626
Alolan Marowak is a staple in VGC. Alolan Muk is also really good.
>>
File: 200px-Emerald_Sudowoodo.png (62KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Emerald_Sudowoodo.png
62KB, 200x251px
Sudowoodo. When I first played Silver I thought it was stupid, but then I decided I needed a rock type in Crystal so I took him. He carried me and I never forgot it; instalock for HG. Just Rock Slide and win.
>>
>>30947626
Marowak, Raichu, and probably Ninetales
>>
>>30947015
>>30947147
>>30947178
>>30947200
>>30947940
This is a thread for UNexpected bros. Pokemon that are anything better than "decent at best" don't belong here.
>>30948805
>>30948747
>>30947742
Only good posts so far.
>>
File: incineroaridle.gif (2MB, 257x157px) Image search: [Google]
incineroaridle.gif
2MB, 257x157px
Incineroar tanked so many hits; I think it had the highest HP out of all my mons. Pretty strong too, just as you would expect from pro wrestler
>>
>>30947742
Just started using this thing online and I love it. Kinda tricky to use it right but when it works, it works really well.
>>
File: pyu.png (276KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pyu.png
276KB, 500x500px
This is my real Battle Tree champion, Alakazam and Tapu Koko are just there to clean up. I even dressed my trainer in the sea cucumber clothes to match his ace.
>>
>>30950834
Dint forget slush rush sandslash actually bringing a good sweeper to hail teams
>>
>>30948805
I love using rocktree in doubles.
>>
File: Mimikyu.png (31KB, 243x254px) Image search: [Google]
Mimikyu.png
31KB, 243x254px
I thought this thing was 'meh' when i first saw it. But my god it's fucking amazing in the BT or online. It just wrecks shit.
>>
>>30956760
Explain. I want to know how to use squishyblob.
>>
>>30956760
how do you use yours exactly? I love everything about this poke too but I can't figure out how to put it to good use amywhere.

>capcha: select all images with sushi
>>
File: bewear_by_vikthor01-da9ww62.png (383KB, 1024x637px) Image search: [Google]
bewear_by_vikthor01-da9ww62.png
383KB, 1024x637px
Hugman
>>
File: pyu2.jpg (6KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
pyu2.jpg
6KB, 256x197px
>>30957064
>>30957092

There's two main ways I've tried out; toxic stall and dedicated baton passer/pivot.

I'm not a numbers guy, so there may be better spreads, but I'm been running Bold with max Def and HP; his special bulk is still very respectable and he really just walls 90% of physical attackers as they don't normally carry grass or elec attacks. Most of the time you can just outheal their damage with recover things die of Toxic, even more so with Z-Purify or Curse boosts.

For toxic stall, something like
Toxic
Soak
Recover
And then a move of your choice, either Reflect or Light Screen is what I normally run.

Or for the Baton Pass set
(Z)Purify (+1 to all stats)
Baton Pass
And then I run Toxic and Recover as well, but again see what works for you. Curse is an option depending on what you want to bring in.

I'm running the second set now; open with Z-Purify, then if its something I can Toxic to death and outheal their damage (which is pretty much everything but Poison or Steel types and things with strong special grass/electric attacks, so a good 90% of the game); if not I'll baton pass the +1 to everything boost to something like M-Alakazam and sweep. Its so slow and bulky that it pretty much always brings in the sweeper safe and buffed.

I've used both those sets in the Battle Tree and they're both solid, but the baton passer makes for quicker battles for obvious reasons. Now you have to watch out for enemies with Taunt, but theres only a few of those and you can spot them fairly easy and just switch out.

Havent tried it in battles against real players yet, but I suspect it'll still be a great pivot; slow, hard to kill baton passing always has a place.

I love Pyukumuku.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.